BERNARD Employee Reviews

Fun work place, more like a family than co workers. Very comfortable.
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJuly 19, 2016
American support was a good company to work for and had wonderful pay and benefits. They were very strict on their policies and always held their word and kept the company in order at all times.
American Support
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJuly 17, 2016
Its a good place to start , its very hard to spread your wings there, management could be better as well as benefits. They had really good bonuses available to you
great paying job
Telephone Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
As a freshman in college this job was very beneficial. With a $0.50 raise every 3 months, incentives, and bonuses bi weekly, it couldn't get any better.
work at home
Customer service inbound (Former Employee) –  Home, PAMay 26, 2016
excellent place to work. positive feedback. management very supportive. excellent training. coworkers are fun and pleasant. benefits are good.
Pros
learn and grow
Cons
can get stressful, low pay
Do not work here
Sales (Current Employee) –  DaytonaFebruary 20, 2013
Right now this company is barely hanging on, and this is my opinion since working there. There are rumors every week that they can't make it and that our biggest client is soon to be gone due to awful management. Most of the old staff got fired or pushed out. The morale is gone. There are NO hours so I don't understand how they are hiring-they will find a reason to push out everyone. Their benefits are the worst in the industry starting in a couple of weeks. You will fight for hours and fight for work...there is nothing. I hate this place and the upper management are shady as they come. Save yourself, trust me, from working here and go find a decent place. They will promise you 40 hours but lately they are sending everyone home after 3 hours. American Support will probably not make it.
Pros
going home
Cons
all upper management, no hours, benefits
customer service rep.
Customer service rep II (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flFebruary 3, 2015
Handled inbound/outbound calls on existing accounts. Re-sold benefits to those who were willing to cancel, saved customers and even upsold benefits. Obtained orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors. Resolves customer complaints on billing issues and process payments. Investigated problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Poor place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2016
The managers are unprofessional and very little overtime offered. Actual building does not provide cool air conditioning sometimes no heat in winter, training is not properly given
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Management poor
poor mngt & unrealistic expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Management is out of touch and only focused on making money for shareholders. Company cut hourly wage, benefits, and 401k with little to no advance notice. Company also downsized 1/2 of the supervisors when there wasn't enough support for front-line CSRs as it was. Supervisors are overworked or terminated without notifying their teams of the change. I had 7 supervisors in 9 months. Management refuses to accommodate scheduling changes/needs of the employee and shift bids never happen. I had the same schedule for 2 years, despite being assured that a shift bid or dept wide schedule change was coming "in a few weeks." Company also terminated all of the trainers except the dept head, then offered them rehire at a much lower wage. Company also has horrible security procedures, and its clients would be appalled at he lack of concern for customer data and nonexistent enforcement of csr account security. (There's a google doc with everyone's login and passwords that is visible to anyone in the company.)
productive
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 15, 2016
when you come in you're going straight to work, the calls come in very fast you have to be upbeat energetic, attentive and a you have to be able to multi task.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
management
Personal Expereince
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2016
Company more concerned about the numbers and stats rather than building long lasting relations with the clients we served and that is our customer service agents who are on the phones driving the business everyday.

Want to know more about BERNARD?

Ask a question
Do Not Work Here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 19, 2012
When the client I was working on pulled their contract this company offered to move me from a daytime customer service position to a nighttime sales position which I was unable to take. After that it only got worse. Very hard to get a response from emails and when they did respond they claimed no knowledge of issue until proof was provided to them at which time they would then remember & say it was already done & sorry I was overlooked. At present I'm still trying to get resolution to my last pay period.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Expected to do more than physically possible
Alias (Current Employee) –  Daytona BeachMay 29, 2014
I being salaried, always knew the requirement to flex here and their for business needs was a requirement however being made to work five days a month with no compensation is going to far.

I was given unrealistic goals that I was held accountable to and had no incentive to do better. Other employers I worked for offered a bonus program to drive performance in subordinates.

Hard to create passion for a job when you have none left.

I tried my hardest to stay for the relationships that I have developed in the time that I was there, but am now waiving the white flag.
Pros
legit work from home agency
Cons
now 401K match/ no PTO for Part time employees
Its ok
Customer Service/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLAugust 22, 2016
Working with bernard you just better be prepared to be laid off at any moment.but all in all the company is a great company to work for
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of me scheduling customer their water deliveries that have been missed or they want to reschedule an delivery for an sooner date . I have different work techniques on how to become an better employee. Management was okay but could use some improvements. The hardest part of the job was feeling never good enough . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my customer was satisfied with his/her services.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Unappreciative
Very Educating. Always something to learn.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 11, 2016
Much overtime required every week. Learned about various computer programs. Management was very busy due to high call volume. Co-workers were very pleasant. Most difficult part was keeping up with multiple programs on computer, and remembering how to bring them up. Most enjoyable was conversing with customers.
Pros
Scedule was perfect timing.
Cons
Training was too fast. Too many programs to work at once.
Just another day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJune 22, 2016
This type of job is not for everyone. If you are willing to put in the work and time to be upbeat during the call process then this is the right job. Stay encouraged, informed with product knowledge, follow the sales process, your days are will worth the effort. Supervisor's try their best to keep you focused and informed.
great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 2, 2016
answering phones, assisting customers with their cable services. I learned patience Management was not so good. Co-workers lacked professionalism. The hardest part was adjusting to sitting down all day and the greatest part was meeting the new people.
It was work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
The job was not exciting because you never knew from one day to the next if you would have a job. Supervisors lacked product knowledge.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
No knowledge from supervisors
Productive environment
Assist inbound customers (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2016
Co workers and management was very helpful. Fun environment to work in. I loved going to work. Talking to some of the customers was a little difficult but always got through to them and did everything to make them satisfied
Mandatory Overtime
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
I love almost everything about this job except having to working mandatory, last minute notice, overtime. I have to plan my life outside of work, around the last minute schedule changes.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short breaks, No raise in over a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BERNARD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6