We are seeking an experienced Terminal Manager at our Toledo Ohio location. Berner Trucking began operations in 1946 in Dover Ohio and in 2007 added a new terminal in Toledo Ohio primarily to service the transportation needs of the local scrap metal producers, processors and end users within the Toledo – Detroit market areas. Also, we operate a full service department at this terminal to facilitate prompt repairs and maintenance of our equipment.
As Terminal Manager, you will be responsible for all Berner operations and must ensure the safe and efficient operations of the Toledo terminal. You will be responsible for implementing corporate vision and strategy through the management of operations. The successful candidate will need to be able to motivate, select, train and retain a staff that works together to achieve the company goals and must possess a high level of focus on customer service that consistently exceeds their expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment for all employees and make certain that our equipment is constantly DOT compliant.
- Manage, motivate, train and supervise all personnel at the terminal, as well as maintaining proper staffing levels.
- Implement company strategy and measure the results throughout the operations.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and implement all practices and procedures related to accurate and timely trucking operations.
- Oversee all trucking and maintenance operations and coordinate with appropriate team members.
- Interact and satisfactorily resolve all concerns with customers, drivers, technicians and administrative staff.
- Define, document and monitor key performance indicators for this terminal.
- Minimum of 2 years of logistics experience.
- High attention to detail and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Excellent customer and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and transportation software.
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Email resume and salary requirements