Berney Office Solutions Employee Reviews

Good experience
Director of Major Acccounts (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 17, 2017
Lots of change over the last eight years but change usually creates opportunity. Overall a good work environment with lots of good things happening...Unfortunately I believe its just time to look for something new. I really have nothing bad to say about upper management in this organization as they have been very good to me however middle management seems to very confused about the direction in which they want to go. Compensation plan changes and deception by middle management has left a sour taste in many sales employees.
Don't do it
Printer/Copier Technician Lead Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 12, 2017
Not such a good place to work especially if you are a technician. You are on the bottom on totem pole and all they seem to care about is the bottom line, money. Its a very stressful place to work being a technician.
Micromanagemt & Mismanagment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2017
Constantly questioned about every move you make. In management you were questioned about every move your employees made. It's a culture of distrust and work comes first. Noting mattered besides work, not even family. I was told because I took 2 extra days of bereavement that I needed to move on get back to work. The bottomline is all their care about. They run skeleton crews and work you till you burn out. Constantly dealing with upset customers because they haven't seen someone come out to address their issues for days.
The only enjoyable part was there are some great people that work at that company you develop bonds with over time.
Pros
Descent Benefits with 401k match, free trips for some
Cons
No work/life balance, work was expected to be done at home if necessary and constant micromanagement
Great place to learn how hard you need to work to achieve potential
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 29, 2017
Great company for someone new in the sales industry. You will learn how to work hard and learn what you need to be successful. Great leadership, but you will realize whether you are meant for this or not.
Have been here 2+ years and still love working at Berney
Administration (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 18, 2015
This is by far the best place I've ever worked. It's difficult to summarize 200 co-workers but, in general, most employees are professional, very friendly, and take their careers seriously. The company is ultimately owned by Xerox, yet Berney doesn't have that stuffy, bureaucratic feel that most larger companies do. Everything is very decentralized in terms of decision-making and resources. And I've seen countless promotions in my 2+ years here, including 4 or 5 this past month.

It's not a perfect company, but most people really like working here.
Pros
Culture, management, generous holiday schedule, teamwork, 401k match
Cons
Aetna insurance is good, but not great.
Great Place to Work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 10, 2015
loved it here. great boss and managers, morale was high and this is a great team to be a part of, flexible, wonderful benefits, great environment
Pros
great job
Cons
Enjoyed working there great company.
Warehouse Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 12, 2013
My typical day at work I would recieve in items and compare them to a packing slip to make sure they were shipped correctly. Then I would sticker them and stock them on the shelves in the sing at proper location. If the item needed to go to a tech i would make sure they got to the proper technician. I would also go on deliveries to take customers items. I learned alot about warehousing because i got the opprotunity to do alot of different things from recieving to shipping and deliveries. My co-workers were some of the best we always worked as a team and got the job done no matter what it took. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everyone happy making sure technicians had the parts they needed and custumers were getting shipped what they need on time. I enjoyed the work i did, would love the opprotunity to do this work again.
Fun if you like dealing with customers and troubleshooting.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 25, 2013
Fun if you like dealing with customers and troubleshooting.
Great company culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2012
I loved the company culture here. Hardware sales wasn't my forte, although really liked selling software.
Lots of flexibility throughout the day. Great management staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berney Office Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Berney Office Solutions Reviews by Location