Berry College Employee Reviews

Beautiful place to work
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 19, 2017
Good benefits in a gorgeous environment. The college provides health insurance for the employee and they can access the on campus gym for free. The students are wonderful to work with.
Poor pay for a lot of work
Advanced Event Setup Worker (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 9, 2017
The best thing about Berry is the people. But as far as work goes, you can find better places. For all of its endowments, Berry is for whatever reason very stingy about its salaries. Unless you are a manager of some sort.
Pros
Beautiful campus, friendly people
Cons
Low pay
Being a Resident Assistant was fun but challenging
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time as an RA of two years. It was difficult that I had to work (care about the girls on my hall) and do classes at the same time. I definitely learned how to offer compassion and have better time management skills while working as an RA.
Amazing
Equipment Desk/Trip Leader/Campsite Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 5, 2017
Enjoy every minute of it. Leading trips with students is awesome. Lots of perks such as free shirts and free rentals. Meet teachers and get recommended to lead more of their trips.
start the day working and end the day working
Grounds Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 30, 2017
i start the day out getting equipment ready to be used. i get a game plane together with our crew members.then we start our day. we finish by cleaning
Pros
flexible ours
Cons
weather
College job
Video Production (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 30, 2017
Working with Viking Vision at Berry and taking classes at the campus was a great learning experience. I highly recommend the program for those aspiring for a career in the world of production.
An encouraging place to work that helps students balance full time classes and work
Biology Lab Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work included organizing and delegating tasks for the day and assigning labs to individuals or groups. I learned how to manage others while taking direction and being able to work side by side fellow peers. This was an enjoyable environment that helped encourage me to balance working and a full load of classes simultaneously.
It was a 9 to 5 job with no weekend work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 6, 2017
This was a data entry position, enjoyed doing different things, I got a regular lunch break every day. On other jobs this was not the case.
I enjoyed working for the manager.
Pros
9 to 5 job and no weekends
Cons
The employees I worked with was not friendly
Well-Rounded
Web Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 5, 2017
The student work program is so strongly encouraged at Berry College that I confidently attribute advances in my work ethic to the diligent atmosphere. Within each of my three jobs at Berry, Web Content Assistant, Office Assistant, and Cultural Events Usher, I learned countless skills and got a taste of professional work. I was able to create good workplace relationships and make valuable connections, while also learning time management skills and organizational skills that transfer into my academic life.
College
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GADecember 14, 2016
Berry College is not a company, but a campus that embraces the work and student life. Students are encouraged to balance work and social life and education which will prepare us students for the real life beyond college.
Pros
free events
Cons
the debt I will be in
Overall good but very insecure for students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAMay 25, 2016
Working at the school is wonderful but balancing work and school can sometimes be hard. Going into work was fun except some of the teachers that work at the preschool did not treat the student workers well because they are in college and the teachers act like they are so much better because they have already gone through college.
college jobs
Advertising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 6, 2016
great managers
very flexible schedules for students
easy to move offices or advance
low pay
limited hours
very relaxed
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Everyone is fun to work with and they work around my school schedule. Hours are very flexible and are on an as-needed basis. Mostly unsupervised, my manager gives me a list of things to do and she pretty much leaves me alone to work at my pace. I usually get done early. On occasion we work together as a group getting trash or vacuuming. Overall, I love working with this group of ladies.
Working on Exhibits
Archives Exhibit Designer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 1, 2015
To make an exhibit at Berry, it takes many hours of research, collecting photos, and organizing it in a manner that is reader friendly, informative, yet intriguing.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Too quiet of a setting
Typical Work Day
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAOctober 27, 2015
A interesting work place with varying tasks that allows the Office Manager to interact with students, faculty, staff, and community members. Supervising and training student workers provides experience in management and mentoring. Student workers provide assistance with day-to-day operations. Day-to-day responsibilities include issue decals and ID cards, update and maintain excel workbooks and databases for vehicle registrations, card access, and guest vehicle information. Create and maintain instructional manuals for standard operating procedures and all computer systems. Coordinate with departments across campus for card access needs and campus safety needs for events. Assist with special projects such as creating new processes and procedures for RFID decals, programing panels and readers for card access program, work with vendors to install and set-up new equipment and computer systems, and train new employees on standard operating procedures and computer systems.
Helped lead a team of students to put on events in order to show and educate students on diversity.
Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GASeptember 27, 2015
My main role was to oversee students in planning events to bring knowledge on diversity to students on campus. I helped the students throughout the process as well as hosted the events.
A Great Place to Work. Great People and Students.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GASeptember 16, 2015
It's a beautiful campus with excellent leadership. Department was publication and teaching focused about 50/50. Pay is OK for a small private college.
Very Stressful
Student Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 7, 2015
Under new Leadership, job became very stressful, Benefits were great, but not worth the stress. My experience was not good enough, needed an education. I am thankful for having the opportunity, but definitely not for me.
Great opportunity!
Dairy Milk Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAFebruary 3, 2015
A student working at Berry College can only write a review of what job they worked for. Almost all positions are different. The dairy is a great place to learn everything about dairy cows. Mountain grounds is a great place to network with local landscaping companies and learn how to use farm equipment.
Great place to work.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GANovember 8, 2014
They really try to place you where you are most comfortable. I loved that they payed me a salary and also put money towards my tuition from each paycheck.