Berry College Employee Reviews in United States

housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Everyone is fun to work with and they work around my school schedule. Hours are very flexible and are on an as-needed basis. Mostly unsupervised, my manager gives me a list of things to do and she pretty much leaves me alone to work at my pace. I usually get done early. On occasion we work together as a group getting trash or vacuuming. Overall, I love working with this group of ladies.
Working on Exhibits
Archives Exhibit Designer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 1, 2015
To make an exhibit at Berry, it takes many hours of research, collecting photos, and organizing it in a manner that is reader friendly, informative, yet intriguing.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Too quiet of a setting
Typical Work Day
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAOctober 27, 2015
A interesting work place with varying tasks that allows the Office Manager to interact with students, faculty, staff, and community members. Supervising and training student workers provides experience in management and mentoring. Student workers provide assistance with day-to-day operations. Day-to-day responsibilities include issue decals and ID cards, update and maintain excel workbooks and databases for vehicle registrations, card access, and guest vehicle information. Create and maintain instructional manuals for standard operating procedures and all computer systems. Coordinate with departments across campus for card access needs and campus safety needs for events. Assist with special projects such as creating new processes and procedures for RFID decals, programing panels and readers for card access program, work with vendors to install and set-up new equipment and computer systems, and train new employees on standard operating procedures and computer systems.
Helped lead a team of students to put on events in order to show and educate students on diversity.
Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GASeptember 27, 2015
My main role was to oversee students in planning events to bring knowledge on diversity to students on campus. I helped the students throughout the process as well as hosted the events.
A Great Place to Work. Great People and Students.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GASeptember 16, 2015
It's a beautiful campus with excellent leadership. Department was publication and teaching focused about 50/50. Pay is OK for a small private college.
Very Stressful
Student Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 7, 2015
Under new Leadership, job became very stressful, Benefits were great, but not worth the stress. My experience was not good enough, needed an education. I am thankful for having the opportunity, but definitely not for me.
Great opportunity!
Dairy Milk Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAFebruary 3, 2015
A student working at Berry College can only write a review of what job they worked for. Almost all positions are different. The dairy is a great place to learn everything about dairy cows. Mountain grounds is a great place to network with local landscaping companies and learn how to use farm equipment.
Great place to work.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GANovember 8, 2014
They really try to place you where you are most comfortable. I loved that they payed me a salary and also put money towards my tuition from each paycheck.
Great job for students
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAOctober 16, 2014
I was a Resident Assistant, meaning I was in charge of one hall in one dorm building. I enjoyed my job and it was great for my studying as well as my paycheck.
Pros
great hours, great for study and making money
Cons
only available to students
college work experience
Foreign Language Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GASeptember 9, 2014
I was able to work in a during college in a few departments; I am grateful for the "real life" experience that working while going to school gave me.
Productive and fun workplace that provided a supportive community
Mount Berry Church Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 15, 2014
In a typical day, I would design emails and be continuously working on a promotional project for the Chaplain's Office or for MBC. I have learned a great deal about teamwork, office etiquette, communication with my bosses, balancing work with rest, showing my faith through my work, and growing relationships with my co-workers.
Customer relations
Food services (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAJuly 25, 2014
Prepare and serve food for students.
Enjoy taking with students.
Learned a lot of difference things everyday.
Great job if chemistry interests you
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work involved either helping the professor with grading, running lab assignments, or cleaning up said lab assignments. This job really taught me how to be a leader in a room full of people not much younger than myself. I also worked directly under a professor who was very influential. The other great thing about this job was that it helped me to further develop both my public speaking skills by helping students, as well as my communication skill because I had to give news that wasn't always favorable to students, such as bad grades. This in turn helped me become better at identifying problems a potential customer might have and then doing my best to alleviate that problem.
A job not a career
Food Service Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 5, 2014
My job consist of supervising a team of employees that prep food and serve 2,000 to 3,000 students on a daily bases. I am a working Supervisor.So therefore,I am there not only to support my crew but to work with them before and during the rush hour.
During my time at Berry College I have learned to be patient,courteous,detailed- oriented a multitasker and to keep my employees with smiling faces so they will not only like coming to work but love there jobs. And to praise them on there good work.Also the logistics and production phase that's part of my job.
As for my co-workes I love working with them and they I mean we make each others day worth coming in to work.
The hardest part of my job is steady maintaining a work atmoshere with a group with many attitudes and emotions.But that's part of learning and being a Supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet the new students that arrive at Berry College for the first time and seeing them go through four years of college and knowing that I have made there day just with a kind word or two and also knowing that they are fed and prep for there day.That in itself is my joy.
Pros
preparing delicious food for an awesome group of college students, maintaining my job as a working supervisor for all these years, learning more and more about my job each day.
Cons
pay scale, healthcare
Great place to work! Beautiful campus.
Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  NursingMay 8, 2014
Enjoy working with students and watching them excel in Nursing. The faculty are honest, friendly, and care if the student's succeed.
Best leadership training period
Student (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GAJuly 24, 2013
At the WCP you will learn more about what it means to be a strong confident leader and you will be able to make a valuable impact on your work environment.
An enjoyable independent experience
Computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Berry, GANovember 5, 2012
Berry College provided me with excellent superiors who trusted my judgment and capabilities.