Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work at lot things to remember in running the machine a packing boxes putting labels on box the right way. It's a frustrating job but you can learn a lot from molding bowls and lids
Pros
Bring in own lunch
Cons
Short break
Buen Ambiente de trabajo en el tiempo que trabaje ahi
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZAugust 11, 2017
Una excelente empresa que da a sus beneficios como dental and medical insurance, 401 l plan and others
Pros
401 k plan
Cons
Not enougth training to new employees.
Fun place
Win wrap (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 11, 2017
Yeah place was super fun but when it was time to work you had to work. The people were friendly and helped if you needed the help. They aren't judge mental at all. The place was close to my house and the breaks were fairly okay. .
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Free lunches
Not worth it...
Operator (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 10, 2017
The Waynesboro site is plunging off a cliff. Not a very safe place to work. There was recently a fatality within the company. Be prepared to work 2-3 twelve hours shifts of over time in a two week period. It's gotten so hard to keep people that they are paying employees from out of state to stay at a hotel just so there are enough people in the plant to run lines. The culture is horrific and the HR manager is more worried about being part the rumor mill than doing anything to help. The pay is less than most places around and it's not worth the mess that is working there.
Pros
Cons
Zero care for employees, Management, excessive over time
ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 10, 2017
Ok just looking for a day job. 12Hrs shift is only thing bad about it. But i am satisfied with the work and people and management. We get every other wknd off which is good.
Fun good management workplace
IML TECH (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 10, 2017
It is a good company. The work place is lovely and make you feel like you at home. They switch up potions so you can learn almost every machine. Really its not no hard part if you follow instructions.
Warehouse and Mill work
Lead Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homer, LAAugust 9, 2017
At this company I learned to operate and employ several aspects of lead bundling...requiring time schedules and product requirements.. got certified on forklift and clamp truck...Loved working in this environment except swing shift...lol
Good working environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working for the company love the hours and pay the company offered great benefits to all employees and time off and I wish the company was still open
management is horrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYAugust 8, 2017
extremely hot work environment, management plays to their favorites so don't expect fair treatment, hard to make plans cause they always change the schedule at the last minute
Pros
pays good, bonus checks
Cons
hardly get any vacation
Great place
forlift driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2017
This is an excellent place to come and work. The pay is wonderful the workers are nice and the benefits are worth it. If you want a good job then go here.
printing operator
Printing operator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 6, 2017
I worked a lot of days in a row before getting any days off. Factory work is not for me. I did not enjoy the atmosphere or the fact that there were not that many friendly people
Horrible
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Macedon, NYAugust 4, 2017
Would be a great place to work if not for the lies and promises of raises that you will never get. Been working for almost 7 months and have not seen any raise. They liked to me saying if I worked for them I would make more than the job I was currently at. They started me out 20 cents less than what I was making so I figured it was ok because I would get raises. I was denied after my six month mark.
hard work but i loved becoming part of something
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OK 74362July 30, 2017
the place was great the work was hard people weren't to friendly but it was fun for me the quick pace and always having something to do made my days go by quickly
I enjoyed working with this company.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 29, 2017
Company has very good production, the management works well together, working conditions are nice, and the company was very easy to work for. The company is also good for the environment.
A good job and pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 28, 2017
It was a good experience and I moved on to something else? They train you well and treat you well and go by the rules very strictly? They were nice people and it was a good experience.
Berry Plastics
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 24, 2017
It was very good working there they trained me in using scanners kept me busy with no lay offs, and a good place in general to work, I would work there again if it were not far away.
Pros
relaxed yet busy work atmosphere, good co-worker, move up easy when openings come up.
Cons
no a/c some of the docks were low and a little difficult to get in and out of.
Great schedule and room to advance.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 22, 2017
Berry Global purchased AEP industries at the first of this year. There have been no negative impacts. The change is very new and do not have much information on how they are as an organization. A typical day is 12 hours, we work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next. I started 25 years ago as a helper, progressed to operator and to supervision 3 years ago. The schedule offers lots of time off and is great for me. Management of course is new and, we are still in the learning process together. The hardest part of the job is the summer heat. The most enjoyable is the people. I have been with some of them for the whole 25 years and, many of them for at least 5 to 15 years. Great bonds formed.
Pros
Lots of days off and great vacation policy.
Cons
Summer time heat and long work days.
Safety is important to Berry. Decent company overall.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 22, 2017
Many management changes leads to too many direction changes. My co-workers are great. They pay well. The machinery is outdated at best. They take safety very serious at Berry.
Pros
Big company
Cons
constant management changes
Driven by rumor
NA (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 17, 2017
The culture is toxic and decisions driven by rumor. LOTS of long-term employees leaving due to excessive overtime and management doing very little to bring in competent people (trying to save $$$). The plant is worst in the company for both safety and employee engagement but they promoted the site director and HR manager anyway, then brought in very deceitful replacements for both that have further ruined culture. The place has really gone downhill and doesn't compare to the other employers in the area.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Rumor mill, Overtime, Favoritism, Rotating shift every two weeks
No Family Life
SIPA Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 16, 2017
They expect you to work as if they were paying you a supervisor's salary when you are only hourly.... Only good thing was my coworkers. They talk to you as if you are a child.
Cons
Incompetent Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.