Berry Global, Inc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Hardest part of the job is standing up all shift. As long as your are motivated to work you will last. 12 hour schedule is good for days off during the week.
Berry global
Utlity Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, GASeptember 16, 2017
Great company to work for I just have to relocate due to my wife illness I need to be closer. The company has great benefits and HR makes sure your needs are handled.
Pros
Great work enviorment great benfits.
Cons
Some people that works there abuse their postion.
Not a terrible factory job from what i hear.
Molding Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I find it to be a pretty okay job. The management is a little dense some times but i get paid a decent amount to do a simple job. Theres pretty good benefits and a resonable amount of vacation time.
Pros
Pretty easy job for good money
Cons
A bit of cliques in the older employees
A lot of fun
Production Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJSeptember 12, 2017
working at Berry Global is safe, great teamwork, great supervision, excellent working environment, nice shifts, overtime, great management and other staff
Pros
non
Manufacturing behemoth
First Article Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 12, 2017
Constant work with the need for high attention to details. Quality is of paramount importance with a drive to provide clients with materials needed in a timely manner.
It was a good Day.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2017
Well, It was a learning experience how to check the plastic bottles and to write down if they were damaged or we could pack them in the boxes and we also was doing box count sheets we had to write on our sheets every hour and we had to get it done before, the end of the day then our leader would come around to signed off on them then collected them and turn them into the office. Well, We had to do two lines and do box count sheets and had to get it done the same way until, our relief came in the morning so, we could leave to attend our meeting.
If you aren't in thier clique then they run you out
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2017
Too many millienials working at the plant who don't do their job, group leaders have numerous DUIs and get away with it. If you aren't part of thier clique you will get ran out. Very poor management, H.R. has no clue what they are doing. Rules change day by day others get away with stuff they aren't supposed to. Alot of things are overlooked just to make qouta. The only good thing about working there was the pay. I have never had a job where they let 20 year olds run the place, and suck at it. And everyone sleeps with everyone there!!! Disgusting, grown adults go to the bathroom on the floors in the restrooms!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad place to work
It's okay
CONVERTING BAG LINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Macedon, NYSeptember 2, 2017
I actually don't mind it at berry global I just don't like working 12 hour shifts. And the job is mindless and very boring. Also some of the people you work with seem like they're always out to get you.
Its not nice to work there management is not nice
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHAugust 31, 2017
There no Advance there I did learn how to drive tow motor there and learn how to quality control there all so in the time I've been there I did enjoy to work at one point
Pros
They give us birthday cake very month
Cons
Short breaks
Quick pace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHAugust 30, 2017
Quick Pace job pays well but offers little help to there managers to allow you to succeed. High turn around for temps and tend to keep poor workers too much.
Pros
Pay
Cons
upper management out of touch with lower management and workers
very productive workplace
Packer/ Assistant Operator/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 30, 2017
great place to work for people trying to get started they are always hiring grad kids, its a safe based job plenty of Tuesday safety meetings co-workers are great
Work with some good people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, OHAugust 29, 2017
The work is not hard. The people are ok. You get a half hour lunch . The leads are pretty cool. I was going through a temp service and they let me go.
Pros
Close to where i lived
Cons
Let me go after i hurt my self
Backstabbing, low paid no real room for advancement
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ohioAugust 29, 2017
Salary cap for a forklift operator was only $16.41 an hour! $18 if you have your CDL! Very poor management! Lack of communication between shifts and employees! Insurance was lousy and if you didn't take their insurance you paid them $100 a month to not have it!
Pros
No real pros
Cons
No incentives to stay
fun and easy place to work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 28, 2017
i preformed building maintenance and other tasks that needed to be done. the work environment was good and the people i worked with was awesome the management had a few problems but they weren't that bad over all i would work for them again
Productive and fun experience
Packer (Current Employee) –  2705 Gunter Park DriveAugust 28, 2017
Work over night and its a fast pace job but its easy and fun. We pack sandwhich bags for all company to deliver to different companies such as walmart, dollar General, and family dollars.
It is a job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
Good organization with some impressive managers
You have a core group of employees that really shine and keep the engine running
Culture is a mixed bag, you have the core group that is very Berry gung ho, but you have a sizeable group that just show up and do bare minimum to keep job
All in all a good place to work if you have a good work ethic and care about your job
Pros
Some very good managers
Cons
Some very poor managers
What an environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 23, 2017
Like most places it use to be a good place to work. With a management change it is going down hill fast. New owners may make it turn around but production facilities are all about money now not the worker.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Limited family time
Fast paced. Long hours. Repetitive job duties. Long hours standing. Chances for advancement. Good pay.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 22, 2017
Start out through staffing/temp agency. Good pay. Long hours standing. Repetitive job duties. Advancement opportunities. Poor upper management. Would not recommend job to friends or family.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. Chance for advancement
Cons
Long hours sranding. Poor management. Repetitive job duties
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 17, 2017
Easy job and easy to get over time. Can be fast pace or slow depon on day. Upper mange like to beat you over the head with there 2 time a year bonus. You be told that if you drop cup or make mistake and work over time well lower yours and other people bonus.
Cons
Upper mange beat you over head with bonus.
Productive work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work at lot things to remember in running the machine a packing boxes putting labels on box the right way. It's a frustrating job but you can learn a lot from molding bowls and lids
Pros
Bring in own lunch
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Berry Global, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.