Berry Plastics Corporation

Berry Plastics Corporation United States Employee Reviews

productive and family oriented invironment.
Mold Technician / foreman (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
management committed to a safe work environment. overall fast paced and many high stress situaitions they still manage to show alot of employee appreciation.
Seasonal Operator
Seasonal Production Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers friendly
Cons: bathrooms were absolutely revolting. the time shift manager was awful.
Terrible working conditions but this is as expected. Third shift is a horrible time to work and it was hot and humid in the factory. Time shift management was awful. Got blamed at not being at right places.
Horrible company
Pricing department (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: a weekly pay check
Cons: working there
Very unprofessional and unorganized company from various management to HR, the lack of professionalism is staggering.
overall review of berry
Machine Operator/Slitter W/ Laser Technician (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 4, 2015
overall, working at berry for 12 years was interesting. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and socialize with coworkers.
Overall poor management
QA Tecnician (Former Employee), Peosta, IAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great employees to work with
Cons: poor management from plant manager, management staff and hr
Don't really care what a best for the employee or the customer. It's all about the money. Management will flat out lie and do what ever it takes at all costs to make them look the good guy. When you have documented proof of wrong doings, they will fire you. Many good and long term employees have left or been fired in the last 3 years since the plant has been under a new Plant Manager. Corporate doesn't seem to care what has been going on in the Peosta Plant. Most of the plant is operated under temps. They expect you to do the impossible with a tremendous work load and you get in trouble if you don't complete. You are spread to thin. If you like a lot of stress and anxiety, then this is the place for you. Training is not very good because they don't have the people left with the proper knowledge or do they have the time. Management has their favorites, if your not on the list beware. Highly recommended to not work for Berry Plastics. At least not in Peosta, IA. Employee morale is at an all time low.
Is a job for now , standing for about 11.5 hours out of 12 hours
Production Utility Operator (Current Employee), Phillipsburg,N.J. 08865February 20, 2015
Pros: foremans are fare to everyone
Cons: other office people tend to have their favorites!!!!
the office people tend to only give to their favorite, people and i guess im not one of them ,1 year their i got 15 cent/per hour raise and 2nd i got 20 cent per hour raise , and it seem that the office people which dont do much work physcially get alot more then we do per raises and have air condition office in summer ,and heat in the winter, is a very SAD place to work till i get another job!
GREAT COMPANY
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Best company I've ever had the pleasure to work for. most professional Management, very employee oriented, great benefits, all around A+ company.
Stay away from Berry Plastics at all cost !!!
Several different titles (Former Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great people to work with on the floor.... a family like atmosphere.
Cons: berry plastics !! no job security whatsoever !!!!!
The most horrible company, with no management skills whatsoever , and no clue what they are doing!!
I worked for this particular operation/plant for 30 years, seen the name change 4 different times, and our plant was always highly successful and profitable..... All the overtime you could ever want !!
And then along came Berry !! They introduced this barcoding system called JDE..... And things took a turn for the worst !! In less than four years they totally destroyed the plant! And their attitude was, get used to it, it is here to stay !! Well..... Apparently not !!
We had great benefits, and made great money, but that was only because we were a union plant..... Stay away from this company at all cost !!!!!!!!!!!!
Was an Intern but was a great place to learn about safety.
EHS Intern (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 9, 2014
* Work hard everyday and learn as much as possible. Was only here for just a couple of months so I wanted to learn all that I could and be a part of everything that I could.
* Learned a lot about safety.
* My management team was awesome and I loved being there everyday.
* Great Co-workers
Very interesting to work
Molding Press Operator (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYNovember 2, 2014
The Company was closed in December 2011 and I had to leave thye company. I was employed through People Plus as temporary worker.
looking for any where to work
berry plastics (Current Employee), Evansville IndianaOctober 27, 2014
Im a really good hard working
stay on task
very good at multitasking
very good computer skills
very head strong
and a very good team leader
ok place to work. pay could be better
packer/inspector (Former Employee), aurora,ilOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good employess, team atmosphere
Cons: poor pay
I worked at the Aurora plant for 3 months. I was hired for 1st then was made to go to 3rd. They laid off a lot of people, so I wasn't sure about the job security. The 3rd shift supervisor is LAZY!! Other employees are good to work with.
Trying to find another job that allows me a life outside of work
Print machine operator (Current Employee), Indian trail, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay i make 13.08 after 3 years with company
Cons: see review
I can't speak for all departments or plants but the print department at the plant outside of charlotte is horrible. No leadership, short staffed, TONS of mandatory overtime (most of the time I work 11 days straight of 10 hour or longer shifts then get three days off and then repeat) treated more like a machine or tool for numbers than a valued employee, no advancement opportunities at this department in this location, too much drama, no teamwork, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Very fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day was very fast paced
I learned a lot from specific employees and they were very helpful because they could tell that I cared about my job.
Some co-workers were very helpful while others were not and had no interest in helping others around them.
Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the pace, but I was able to catch on very quickly and I ended up doing some technical work on the machines as well.
Most enjoyable part was knowing that I did my job and got orders out sufficiently and correctly.
Great place to work and grow
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Current Employee), Princeton, INSeptember 10, 2014
I learned a lot at this job as I started my career in the EHS field. I have gained great insight on the profession and have grown as a Safety Manager.
PRODUCTIVE
Injection Blow Mold Technician Trainee (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2014
TWELVE HOUR SHIFTS,GOOD CO WORKERS,GOOD MANAGMENT WAS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK AT.
Would not recommend company
Facility/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Middlesex, NJAugust 10, 2014
This company has been down sizing and shutting down equipment. It is constantly being flooded due to location.
Very Hot and Smelly Workplace
Thermoforming Machine Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 6, 2014
Berry is HOT and Hard Work. It pays well, but people do not respect each other, nor do they appreciate their jobs. Not many perks for the family. Due to the Heat and Fast Pace, You loose weight!
Used to be a fun workplace but in recent years, it became less and less about the people, and more about hitting the numbers,
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: human resources and lack of motivation
While the benefits are great, the pay is below standard in Monroe, LA. and motivation is lacking. The HR Department is the worst. The HR Manager of the Monroe facility is controlling, and very unprofessional. She yelled and cursed at me on numerous occasions & was witnessed by others. She also discussed confidential information with just about anyone - my entire department. Although I was part of a lay-off, I developed lasting relationships with many of my colleagues, and am grateful for the experience I gained there.
Constant change in direction, goals are 90 day intervals
National Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), NationalJuly 16, 2014
Pros: lately none
Cons: lack of advancement
Since going public, Berry main focus is to hit the market target numbers without failure. Be it growth or reduction in personal.

1 2 3