Bescover is seeking a highly motivated Communications Specialist with Social Media experience to join our dynamic growing team. The ideal candidate will work closely with the marketing team on marketing/pr initiatives. This will be a part-time contract position with the potential of moving into a permanent position.
You are smart, creative, solution-oriented, resourceful, flexible, entrepreneurial at heart, and conscious of the bottom line. Combine that with excellent communication, writing, research, and organization skills, and a proven track record of success, and you've got what we're looking for!
Bescover offers the best of both worlds: On the one hand, we offer the stability of well-established, 30-year old company with lots of existing customers. On the other, we've become an aggressive startup focused on bringing leading-edge technologies to introduce guests to the amazing experiences of B&B travel, and to help innkeepers compete with big hotels. We're not building things that may never have customers - we have thousands of customers waiting on the edges of their seats for our latest creations. We have a beautiful designer office with gorgeous views in the Financial District, steps away from BART.
Our environment is collaborative, open, hardworking but casual; with an appreciation for impromptu activities and good times (Farmer's Market Tuesdays, Sushi Fridays, tons of snacks, happy hours, and more). We're a flat organization, with mutual respect between everyone for different skill sets and backgrounds. We encourage the passionate/motivated people that comprise our team to be fun and creative. Everyone has a voice and everyone shapes our future.
- Research multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Draft written materials for direct mail, blogs, newsletters, email campaigns, online marketing campaigns
- Editing and proofread documents for final production
- Basic html coding for web materials
- Image editing for various print and web mailing materials
- Work continuously and proactively towards improving the quality and accuracy of information within our databases
- Find, collect, analyze, interpret, summarize and compile data, information and trends from various research sources
- Assist in managing Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Blogs, and various industry Forums
- Support VP with conference materials as needed
- Use and lead with best practices in areas of marketing
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and make specific, measureable, accountable, relevant and time-bound (SMART) recommendations.
- Experience with web content management, web marketing principles.
- Bachelor's degree required; business, marketing degree preferred
- Ability and desire to present polished materials to senior managers and executive team
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, paired with great attention to detail.
- Driven to succeed and a natural problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Deep desire to learn and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team and shine as an individual.
- Ability to present information effectively, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Self-directed and able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Sense of Humor!
- Previous startup experience
- Icontact formatting
- HTML, CSS, Website Design
Indeed - 17 months ago