Best Buy
6,277 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Good people, great pool of knowledge, but...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great intro to the Tech World!
Cons: Scheduling and Wage sucks!
This job was very rewarding to me, I learned A LOT about many different things. I didn't know much about computers/printers etc.. coming in to the store, and in less then a months I was Rookie of the month and was promoted to a computer specialist.

I like how they give you mandatory qualifications exams, you learn a lot from the videos and quizzes. They really try to teach you as much as they can about the company, products, and overall technology,even if it is not in your department, whatever is offered at the store, you will know something about it.

However, for students and/or parents, is difficult to accommodate a perfect schedule! You will sometimes have to trade shifts or work something out. It was very difficult for me to have a good schedule while being a full time student and parent, especially working in a high demand department like computers.

As for the pay, well, I felt that for all the hard work and efforts some employees put into sales, the compensations do not do justice. As well as for the yearly raises. I feel that people in high traffic departments, should get some type of commission or higher wages.

They have benefits for full timers, such as 401k, health, dental, sick leave, vacation time.
Fun workplace
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Bossier CityMay 28, 2015
Pros: Work enviroment, healthcare
Cons: Downstocking, workforce turnover
the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers. I m passionate about GREAT customer service and felt it was our duty to provide the best customer service to each individual who choose to shop at bestbuy.
fast paced environment and a fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales Transaction Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 28, 2015
a typical day would be very busy especially during the holiday season the management was very helpful my co-workers were like family the hardest part sometime it can get overwhelming and the enjoyable part is interacting with my customers.
Good place to work for a student
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Carson City, NVMay 28, 2015
If you're a student its a great place to work because they have a reimbursement program and they will work around your school schedule
great people to work with
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: a great team of people to work with
Cons: a small store so it's sometimes not very busy
Best Buy is a company that pulled itself out of a downward trend by refocusing on its people and customers. They value their employees, and they value integrity and fairness in the workplace. I enjoy working there, and I've made friends of coworkers that will remain after our employment with the company has ended.
Love working with my Team at Oswego Best Buy
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Oswego, ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Team of Management and co-workers
Cons: Trying to get credit cards in this economic time
I really am enjoying the interaction with the customers and excellent team I work with. Everyone works together to make sure all customers are helped and have interaction with a team member as soon as possible. Wonderful customers....We all seem to want to make sure it is a wonderful experience so they want to come back!!
Ehh
Geek Squad as a Consultant Agent (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMay 28, 2015
The managers were cool, I got hemmed up in a heap of drama & left because of it. I worked at Geek Squad, and I handled computer check-ins.
A Ok Job at Best
Sales Support/Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2015
Pros: The discount on accessory items and geek squad services is nice
Cons: horrible holiday seasons, poor management, little room for advancement
Best Buy is a ok job. Its the job you want while your working towards your goals in life and getting set up for what you want to do for a living. DO NOT LET THIS BECOME YOUR CAREER. Management at these stores is awful and there is very little room for advancement within this company unless you know how to play company politics. The only people to get higher up jobs such as management and general management are people who have worked within the company for 10 to 15 plus years and the people above those jobs have been there even longer. This is a very dead end job that should only be seen as a stepping stone in life. You have the opportunities to change job titles and stores with the company easily but ultimately you either work in Sales, Inventory or Operations. Training is mostly done on a need to know basis or from a mundane computer database your expected to stare at for hours at a time and learn the aspects of your job with no real supervision. Maybe all stores aren't like this but I'm speaking from the experience of working in 3 of the 4 stores in Memphis.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, KYMay 27, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time at best buy. Best buy offers great benefits to full time employees and there is great opportunity to grow in the company.
Repack (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: through a temp service
Cons: shorts breaks
I caught on to the processing fast my co-workers were very helpful. I didn't like that people had been working there years and expected you to move at their past the same day.
Great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 27, 2015
Fantastic company to work for. I actually don't mind making this a career and would love to promote within the company. Well done Best Buy and thank you store #1133 for everything!
High ability for any employee to learn all important and modern areas of technology and to help customers maintain their lifestyles using technology
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: More fun version of high school
Cons: Dead end job for standard employee
Learned most of my knowledge of equipment, technology, repair, management, supervising, delegating tasks, reviewing and understanding revenue, profits, and a great deal in people skills which is the most important skillset to have on hand.
This is a very corporate job.
Home Theater (Former Employee), Sanford, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: It's a steady pay check
Cons: Low Pay, The Whipping to Death of Policies
The job wouldn't be so bad but they whip you to death with Sales Per Hour and Learning Labs and Geek Squad Protection and getting Credit Apps and a bunch of annoying policies and routines. Some people will probably thrive here... The work is light, but it's just so dang corporate that I wanted to kill myself.
Pay
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee), Acworth, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Environment
Cons: Pay
If this job offered better pay with a few holiday, I would recommend this job to any one. Great starter Job. environment Great Job
Fun environment to work in. Not much else.
Consultation Agent (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMay 27, 2015
If youre going to work retail Best Buy seems to be the place. Management seems to be a little shaky on the corporate level but I think that's just a retail thing.
Unfair job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Short breaks, clueless manager, unfair environment
This is my 2nd time working for Best Buy and there is no room for advancement whatsoever. New hires would be getting paid 2 to 3 dollars higher than other people who had been working there for years. Also a lack of hours throughout the entire store because some supervisors display favoritism intentionally. If anyone wants to advance in the company, the general manager will deny your request without even interviewing you for it and pull someone from out of store who has to be trained.
Great company
Product Processor (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAMay 27, 2015
great company, very fun, the people are fun and the job for the most part was fun. they could pay a little better but other than that great company
Not that great of a workplace
Microsoft Consultant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 27, 2015
A typical day involved the managers harassing me about my sales numbers and selling products to guests. My coworkers are all just like me, college students trying to make their way through college with a part time job. All in all, it was an okay experience and would be better if managers weren't so sarcastic and rude.
Okay
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Riverdale, UTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: work/life balance, very few full time positions
Ok pay. Discount is nice if you get the hours to earn enough money to use it.
They give you daily and monthly goals. Not too difficult to hit when customer flow is decent.
Training is nice but infrequent. They have a online testing/training system that is very ineffective. What I learned while using it is that I am very good at taking tests.
Management seems to be under a lot of pressure since they act emotionally constipated and rigid when compared to what they are like when not on the clock.
BB has a employee value system based on how much one sells along with other things. If you don't sell a certain amount they show how much you are in the red, or how much you are costing the company to employ. There was one week I worked less than 8 hours and it showed I cost BB over $30,000 and I don't get any benefits or even paid that much. I am not sure where they get the numbers from since the top sellers in the store, who are in the top 50 in the nation, only show making the company $5,000-15,000 in a month. If the numbers are correct than BB would have been bankrupt years ago. It seems like a tool for guilt tripping.
Fun environment, but bad managament
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Management
Co-workers and customers made work engaging, fun and different everyday however managament made it unbearable to work

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries