Best Buy
6,472 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Quality Experience for Young Employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 29, 2015
Best Buy was, or maybe still is, one of the most successful electronic retailers. Without Best Buy, I never would have began developing my customer service skills. Management at Best Buy was average, depending on the department. Understanding of the hierarchy and respect was essential.
Typical retail job
Product Process Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 29, 2015
It's an okay job. If you are in need of a part time job this is your place. Plus you get a discount. Which is always a plus. Not a place to make a career out of.
Great place to get product knowledge.
Mobile Sale Consultant (Current Employee), Roseville, MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts, Health benefits, School Enrollment, Product Knowledge
Cons: Schedule.
Everyday is a learning course being that there are always new products coming out. Also every customer has a different situation thus balancing and improving customer service skills. Fast paced enjoyable environment. Great employees and team building.
Hard working department (warehouse)
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), ‘Aiea, HIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Immature co-workers
Unload containers using hand trucks, knowing the count of each product and making sure it matches the amount in the manifest, pull orders, do carry-outs, up-stock/down-stock sales floor, organize warehouse department.

I learned to always find ways to keep myself busy.

Management is okay. Depending in his mood, the team leader is uncomfortable to work with.

Co-workers for the warehouse department is one of the hardest working guys I worked with and the most immature bunch ever. They would play idiotic pranks on each other and other departments on a daily basis and throughout a shift.

The hardest part of the job is finding items on the sales floor for will call.

The customers are very friendly.
Asset Protection is treated more like a door greeter
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Oswego, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great HR, great enviornment to work in
Cons: AP not being treated as an important department
This company has been very good to me. Especially now that I have had a baby. My only problem is there is no room for advancement in the AP department and AP is treated like glorified door greeters. AP should be treated as an important function for the company as this department prevents the company from losing money due to theft both internal and external.
Big Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 29, 2015
Best Buy is mangled well and does provide customer services but its services being provided are often lacking and will not make customers happy in long run
Great Job - Review all you computer and electronic products newly for sale
Vendor (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJune 29, 2015
It was a great experience working for Best Buy. I got great knowledge on all new products. Also it gave me great customer service skills. I really enjoy working for Best Buy, but I needed to gain my experience.
bad management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Sawgrass FloridaJune 29, 2015
unorganized micro management hours are crazy no work life balance mostly immature young people working there managers mistreat sales people
Energetic and customer service oriented environment
Product Process/ Sales Manager (Former Employee), glen allen ,vaJune 29, 2015
Pros: employee stock purchase
Cons: na
Days often started at 8a....morning emails and conference calls and then daily agenda would be created. Each day consisted of morning review/ training sessions with staff of 20 to 40 People. (depending on the season) As the store sales manager I had to ensure the level of service was top notch throughout the idea, this was achieved through daily mentoring sessions and redirection. My responsibilities also included: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and mentoring staff to create a successful team. Also, all the logistical processes, maintence issues, payroll, budgeting, merchandising and servicing were managed by myself.
fun job
Sales Support (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: great employee discount...sometimes
Cons: short breaks, lack of recognition for the work you do sometimes
working on the sales floor with Best Buy will prove to be challenging for anyone who cannot multitask talking and listening to customers as well as writing down key points at the same time. Takes a little skill and patience to get better but just like anything else, practice makes perfect. This job also requires you to be aggressive with going after the sale and getting customers to purchase products NOW and not tomorrow. Think of it like selling based on commission...but without the commission.
Job review
Deployment Functionality Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 28, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, paid breaks, plenty of vacation and personal time.
Cons: overnight work and last minute deployments to different parts of the country for weeks on end.
work overnights for about 10 hours a day, five days a week. I learned to pull cable and operate within the communications room and set-up of the networks within different stores. management is decently communicative. my co-workers are very team oriented. hardest part of the job is the last minute deployment around the country and being away from family living out of a hotel. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things within different stores and coming up with solutions to problems on the fly.
Great at first
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Moline, ILJune 28, 2015
Loved my job, but as they say all good things may come to an end. Huge job cut lead to the loss of my position I was due to get, and the morale in my store has been gone ever since.
Busy work place
Lead Sales/Support Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Typical day includes mainly interacting with customers from various backgrounds.This work places helps you manage and improve your customer service skills .
Always a good time!
Tester (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAJune 27, 2015
I loved working with my Geek Squad team. They were the reason I looked forward to work everyday. There was always a portion of the day where everyone shared a laugh. Best days were Fridays because of the wacky gimmicks of the day, like Crazy Hat Day.
Slowly turning into a commission environment
Home Theatre (Current Employee), Selinsgrove, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, exposure to technology
Cons: Sales Goals without commission, favortism, unsure if the company has a direction.
Best Buy is great starting point if your passion is technology. However, you may regret working for this company over time. Favortism and double-talk are the norms and implementing productivity goals looks more like sales goals without using the dreaded word commission. Discounts are amazing but if this is your primary job, you may not be able to afford to take advantage of it.
Awesome place to work.
Geek Squad Field Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great technology atmosphere.
Cons: Flexible schedule.
With the latest technology and always providing great customer service and services to the customer. I enjoyed my time at Best Buy. Being part of the Geek Squad made me feel a part of something big.
Great place to work to keep up with today's technology
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), N Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2015
Typical day at work includes working together as a store to hit revenue goals and individual sale goals. I love working with the co-workers around me, they are definitely the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyday I learn something new working with today's technology because it's constantly changing and evolving.
Great environment with all the games and electronics you can buy
Cashier (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: discounts were limited, and not enough hours of work per week
It was a fun place to work because the managers were great and always helpful. It was always a team effort and pay was not too paid for a beginner cashier.
Great
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 26, 2015
This was a great experience for those that want a job in college that will work with your schedule. The best part of the job would be the people and the atmosphere.
Awesome Company tro work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2015
IT's a great place to learn about new things. and with sales people like us it show you how much we know about our product. so you can get the best experience with the thing you want and for the best price.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries