Best Buy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,888 reviews matching the search
Great job not much room for advancement
Muti-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 29, 2016
Great company to work for the pay is a bit on the low side, The benefits are very good, and the work environment are great. Non-commissioned based sales let you take care of each customer without being pushy
Good place to work if you're a student and enjoy tech products.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJuly 29, 2016
Ive been working at bestbuy for 2 years and its a good place to work if you're a student. If you're part time, hours can be inconsistent and quite low, but wont matter too much if you're also a fulltime student. It's a good place to learn customer service skills as well sales skills.
Great benefits
Magnolia Admin (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 29, 2016
Great job if you didn't count management, If you are a technology geek this is a great place for you. Always something new to learn about. But it can also seem like a high school with all the little clicks inside the store.
Great place, great people
Asset Protection Specialist/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 29, 2016
I loved working here. Some of the best people I've ever worked with, I met here. It was a fun, enjoyable environment with a great staff. I worked in the warehouse, so I didn't really do sales, so i had, what I felt was, a very stress-free environment.
Pros
Great co-workers, store discount
Cons
Sales can be rough, its retail after all
Ok Job
Best Buy Mobile Consaltant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 29, 2016
I didn't like the job much, Best Buy is numbers based, and setup as a commission structure with NO commission. Its like working with High School Kids
Pros
discounted phones
Cons
No advancement
Decent job just not much room for advancement
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 29, 2016
I liked my coworkers and the job was pleasant. Most managers truly care about their employees. However there is just not much room for advancement unless someone above you leaves the company.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
health coverage
Fun place to work
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAJuly 29, 2016
People I work with are awesome, the pay is not so good. Working here is fun but I would not recommend as a career. The people are awesome and you get to learn lots of cool things.
it was okay
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 28, 2016
the job was okay but didn't really care about us the associates. when we needed to make sales we made them, but if we wanted to get a second just best buy wouldn't honor that.
Part Time at Geek Squad
Advanced Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 28, 2016
Working part time at geek squad has provided me with a wealth of customer support experience and communication skills. It has taught me how to put technological terms into terms that your average Joe can understand. The management has been great, and I have no complaints in that regard. My co-workers in the repair field are great, however some of them on the customer facing side need serious evaluation. They are good at selling, but have very little knowledge when it comes to actual technical issues. The hardest part of the job is explaining to clients, or our other employees who are not as knowledgeable as they should be, what the issues are and how to fix them. Once you convey that information, however; there is no greater feeling in the world than seeing the satisfied look on a clients face once they understand their issue, and how to fix it. The one major complaint I have about the job is that they need ti be hiring people who have actual technical knowledge, and not just sales experience.
was looking for more .
Ast Mgr (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJuly 28, 2016
the company as whole was great, the managment for my location could have been better. .thought i was getting into a company with room to grow but they ended up downsizing .
Pros
customer base was great.
Cons
higher managment failed .
Fun place to work. Fun atmosphere.
Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 28, 2016
Fun place to work. Fun atmosphere. Great mgmt. Customers are pretty cool for the most part. There are times where you may get pulled off break to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, discounts
Cons
For all mgmt wants from you, pay could be much better.
its ok
MCSA Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 28, 2016
its was good at first...management plays favorites. if you haven't been there since they've opened then you get treated differently then those who've been there longer
Fun and ever changing place to work
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2016
Great place to work, teach clients about new technology and empower them to make choices to improve and enhance their lives. Love technology and what it brings to our lives.
A good place to work
Television and Appliance Field Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 27, 2016
The employees were great and fun to work with. Local management really cared for their employees. Great great benefits and pay. Always was able to keep up with current technology and new products. I would recommend this company to work for.
Great Start for Tech Heads
Computer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 26, 2016
I have been working for Best Buy for almost 2 years now and I have worked my way from Part Time to Supervisor. The structure and management has to be the best that I have experienced since I started my IT career. They will aide your growth and development no matter what field you decide to go in. Hard work pays off, if you are willing to work harder than your peers then they will advance you, plain and simple. Treat any and every job like its your personal business and give it that level pf workmanship.
Pros
Manager support, coworkers, friendly work place, the new technology, meeting nice people, benefits
Cons
Customer attitudes
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2016
It was a great place to work. I brought a lot of life to work. I was a hard worker I will love to go back. It was a nice experience.
Fun While Being The Best
CONNECTIONS SPECIALTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2016
Being allowed to come to work and have fun with staff and peers. setting up demos and enjoying fun with customers. after driving your team to hit your monthly goals and your GM throws a BBQ for the store is not only nice but a huge team builder.
Pros
accumadations, free products and manager trainings
Cons
long shifts
fun place
sales (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 26, 2016
never the same when working there .management is lazy and never do any work they are suppose to do. employees have no drive to do better when they see this
Pros
great associates
Cons
horrible pay
Great Place to work + Great Experience
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2016
Great employees who generally like the same things as you do. Learn loads of great experience in many areas like customer service and technology. Typical day for Backroom Associate would consist of online orders, carry outs, unloading trucks, cleaning, change prices, help customers find items.
Pros
New Technology
Cons
Can get overwhelming if short staffed
Probably Could Be Better
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2016
I may just be biased and my experience may have been affected by the exact location that I worked in. However, even if someone is just hired for the holidays, it would have been great to have been trained and instructed fully, rather than just hoping the other employees would step up. They had their own job to do, as well.
Pros
Can take break whenever
Cons
Demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.