Best Buy
5,884 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Merchandising Supervisor who leads a cohesive sales team in consistently achieving aggressive stretch goals.
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton RougeMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Company changes
Maintain store's functionality and look and feel. Working with a motivated crew and praise victories and coached oppurtunities is needed.
Great work environment for a college student.
Asset Protection/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 25, 2015
Best Buy was a decent experience being that I was able to balance life as a full time student and life as a Best Buy employee. The hardest part about the job was balancing my work schedule along with my school schedule because Best Buy is a very demanding company.
Friendly and awesome environment
Consultation Agent (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company and have learned a lot about computers and their functionality. The job was easy to learn and had low stress impact on me.
fun place to work
inventory/ merchandiser (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed my job we did price changes, set planograms, down stocked, cleaned off shelf's, worked truck I learned how to print out certain reports, my manager was a sweetheart she was so helpful
The best place i ever worked
Sales Team Lead computing and DI (Former Employee), grand island neMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great healthcare and enviornment
Cons: none
Joe Glasser and team are the most intense, fun, and exciting people to work for or with in the Grand Island area.
To start everyday there is a "chalk talk" where we put out all the best info possible for a successful sales day. i learned much about retail sales and what it takes to be successful in that field.

hardest part of the job in the lack of a set schedule and missing family time with holidays.
most enjoyable is the experience around the workplace.
Great fun workplace
MECP AutoTech/Sales/Asset Protection (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
Best job I ever had. Its a tough world to find promotions in, but as far as retail and sales go, these people care about the job. Without commission.
Excellent company!
In-Home Admin (Former Employee), Davenport, FLMarch 25, 2015
The company is employee based. Management is always trying to find better ways to make sure employees are happy. Plenty of room for growth and management is very supportive in helping you succeed.
fun place to work great people.
Consultation Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2015
This is a fun place to work at, i love the people i work with, i plan to continue to advance my knowledge in technology and it was thanks to this company that i have started my career in technology.
Good First Job
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Room for Growth
Cons: Pressure to hit targets
Best Buy is a great place to work for a first job or while going to school. Best Buy supports the communities around the stores by reaching out and teaching people about technology. You have clear daily and monthly goals which is communicated by management. But you do feel a lot of pressure to hit those goals, with little advisement. Overall the company is good and the customers are great. It's always a good feeling teaching people something new about technology.
Passed up for an advancement
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Utica, MIMarch 24, 2015
Good company to work for, just left due to being passed up for an advancement.Working environment was safe, friendly, and very willing to teach you information.
poor
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: POOR!!!
I had a main job that was my main source of income and was required to travel for said job. While trying to make sure that all of my shifts were covered I spoke with 3 different managers about the problem.
sales rep
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Racine, WIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: none
worked on sales floor also was dept. manager of backroom and overnight stock. unloaded trucks and did store counts on all inventory.
Always Attentive and Productive Work Enviorment
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MarylandMarch 24, 2015
Always gretting customers. Great customer service everyday. Through my time at best buy I had the pleasure of learning how to upgrade phones, how to type rapidly. Hardest part of my time at best buy was the management. I most enjoyed working with the people I worked with they were amazing!
Average Retail
Product Process Coordinator (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: No breaks, unhealthy job culture
The coworkers were the best part of the job. The management was questionable. The job culture was not evenly rewarded or respected. Concentrated on sales not people.
great work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Savannah GA.March 24, 2015
highly trained employees giving knowledgeable input to customers to assist in finding them the perfect solution.

Great open and friendly environment that is geared towards job enjoyment
Friendly Co-workers
Home Theater Admin. /Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
I started out doing seasonal as a cashier but soon after was offered an position in the home theater department. Soon after I took the job I had to leave to tent to family matters. Over all was an good experience !!
Customer Service Profeesional
Sales Consultant - Cell Phone Sales (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 24, 2015
-Provide outstanding customer service and cell phone sales consultation
-Maintain knowledge of sales, promotions, and trends
-Educate and consult clients on cell phone features and plans
-Draft contracts and explain them to clients
-Prepare invoices
-Receive and process payments
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMarch 23, 2015
it's a great pleace to work very casual and no managers ove r your neck all time,. co workers are great an very friendly, managers are always there to listen and always there to help
Not to bad of a place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Geneva, WIMarch 23, 2015
A typical day is putting stock away, helping customers and fixing price labels. I have learned a lot about working with the public again. The management is just okay depending on who you work with. Certain higher people just care about the company and not how they treat their employees. Hardest part of the job would have to be lifting the T.V.s all day long. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public and certain coworkers.
Vary nice to work for
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: nice ppl
Cons: pay, benefits
Best buys is great. The ppl are very nice, the pay does suck and the benefits as well. No PTO of any kind, and the benefits are very cheap it is like working for mcdonalds.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries