Best Buy
3,979 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Lesson Learned
Geek Squad In-store Agent (Former Employee), Hoston, texasApril 18, 2014
Pros: the learning never stops
Cons: salary for educated workers could be better
I was able to receive almost every certification they offered
Fun electronic store
MEDIA SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 18, 2014
This was a great place to work. Typical day consisted of organizing the department and helping customers with selections. Management and all other departments were helpful whenever I had questions or needed assistance.
Busy on your feet productive job
Cashier/Sales/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: besides the discount, coworkers become like family
Cons: not enough coverage at some points.
Always something to do! Knowledgable staff who takes pride in their job.
Fast paced and productive days.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
Pros: being able to learn about new technology, meeting so many different people.
Cons: low hours
Each day at Best Buy was the same as well as different. For example I do the same things but I never knew what type of help I would give to customers. I learned a lot of sales techniques to help me boost my sales. My co-workers were all very nice and always open to help me out. The hardest part of the job, was to get customers to go with the Best Buy – more... "Geek Squad" insurance plan. The best part of that job was being able to sale the right product to the customer, knowing they will be happy done the road. The management were all very open and ready for questions to assure we are all getting everything done right. – less
Fast-paced, high pressure environment
Manager - Geek Squad In-Home Operations/Commander (Former Employee), Richfield, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: constant change, reorganizations, no job security
The company has been struggling to get negative comps reversed. There is constant change, and it always feels like you're in the middle of a fire drill. Pretty flexible work environment, but everyone is doing the work of 2-3 people with all of the cuts that have happened.
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 17, 2014
Stressful during the holidays but overall a great experience.
Selling products and services.
Full Time Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Grand ForksApril 17, 2014
Pros: usually an easy job, fun co workers
Cons: not a very good management team sometimes.
Relate information to customers in the most professional matter and know the material you are selling.
Pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Webster, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: friendships created, customers, knowledge experience, responsibility job roles
Cons: management, pay, hours
Retail is a good place to work at because of customers. What really drags and stresses me out in Best Buy is the pay. Management is alright. I am getting UNDERPAID for the stress that I go through to help Best Buy achieve their money. I am a full-timer and am treated like a part-timer. I can't get my own place because I do not make enough money. The – more... only thing I can afford is food in my mouth and my car. Also, I only get approximately 32 hours a week when a full timer with benefits should receive 40 hours. – less
i looked forward to going to work everyday.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MIApril 17, 2014
I loved it here. i bonded with so many people, that i was so sad to leave behind. the management was great we were pretty much self sufficient unless we really needed a manager.
Best Buy
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 17, 2014
Best Buy was a nice company to work for. Like walgreens they provided tools I needed to succeed
love it
custome rservice/sales associate (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 17, 2014
one of my best jobs I ever had. the people are so nice and kind and help with what ever is needed
Hard working place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Findlay, OHApril 17, 2014
A typical day at work would be getting the customers what they need and making sure that there isn't anything stolen from the store. Working here I have learned how to multitask better and see what really matters to other people. The management here is in the process of changing, but from the beginning they have always showed us what it means to be – more... a hard worker and show the best way to handle situations at hand. As the same with working with my co-workers, they are difficult some days but they have taught me how to work together even on the bad days. The hardest part about my job is working with the customers that could be making my job harder that day. Even with the hard customers I learn something new. This would be to look at their point of view and see where they are coming from. I have learned a lot from being here but I think that it is time for me to move forward and learn from another company. – less
BEST IN BLUE
Computing Supervisor (Former Employee), MICHIGANApril 17, 2014
Pros: amazing people and work enviroment
Cons: no work life balance, your always working opposite shifts, always going through a re-org
Amazing Company and people to work with. it allows you to create friendships and have fun while being the best.
Sales Associate
Sales-Associate (Current Employee), Orange, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: good learning experience, friendly coworkers, not hard work, store managers
Cons: short breaks, lack of incentive, redundant tasks
It's decent job for getting experience with customers, sales, and relationship building. If you take this job seriously enough (but not too seriously) you will gain some valuable skills. The day to day tasks are nothing out of the ordinary retail sales experience. Sell products, warranties, services and get people to apply for the credit services. Many – more... of your co-workers may complain about having to, you know, WORK but like I said; go for your sales goals and you will develop sales, interpersonal and relationship building skills.

HOWEVER!!!! Take it seriously but I really mean it, NOT TOO SERIOUSLY because you will sell your poor little heart out but remember, you aren't on commission! Very little of it comes back to you in the "bonus". Work hard but don't let the job or a supervisor break your back over missing an attachment on ONE sale.

People are fun and store management genuinely cares about you (corporate doesn't). You will have fun with your coworkers and most customers while learning a great deal about what drives sales and retail business. Managers can be a bit of a nuisance every now and then but they are usually bearable.

Overall, I gave it a 3/5 ONLY because the company pretends to appreciate your service but they only patronize it. Store managers GENUINELY appreciate it, but the COMPANY could care less who sold what as long as they make money. You can be one of the top salespeople in the district/region/company and you will get a very small token of appreciation. Like a pin or a cup. Don't expect to make money here. If you can soldier through it, you'll learn great skills and make some side money. Presumably if you work here you are a young adult going to school or in between jobs. – less
Really good company...if you don't get cut.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOApril 16, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere.
Cons: lack of job security at upper levels.
Working at Best Buy can be a really great experience at the line level. You have really great job security until you hit management. Once there all bets are off, as the company is doing its best to stay afloat in this digital era. I've seen some of the most loyal people lose their jobs because their job was replaced with a lower paying job and they – more... were forced to compete with up to 15 other people for a single position. People who have put 10+ years into the company let go, some being told over the phone instead of face to face.

Aside from that, the store culture and atmosphere from the different stores I've been in has honestly been really good. The management teams generally work together, the associates are cared about, the customers are cared about, and the store associates really do care about each other as a team. – less
Fun work environment.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Broomfield ColoradoApril 16, 2014
Friendly coworkers as well as great resources.
medium to fast paced during holidays
Productive fun place with a great break room.
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
The day consisted of walking around a small portion of the store offering assistance to customers. I learned a fair amount about computers while working there, and how to sell services. The management was great and usually very helpful. My co workers were sociable.
WAS A FUN PLACE TO WORK.
Home Essentials Customer Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), florenceApril 16, 2014
Went through 2 organizational changes. Co-workers were great to work with. Managers were never on the same page so it kind of made the business ineffectively.
Competive and Productive
Part-time Sales Rep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
My typical day at work consists of giving customers the best experience while they're at our store. My specialty is tablets so whenever a customer needs assistance in that area they contact me. By asking them basic questions I assure that my customer gets the technology they need along with other accessories that could be useful to them. To close my – more... sale, I make sure I've provided the best experience by using our unique technique called WOW in which assures that we've thoroughly assisted them and related to the customer in every possible way. Best Buy brought me great experiences in which I learned a lot about today's modern technology. I was able to expand customer service skills as well as teamwork skills. One of the hardest parts has been dealing with "traffic" days in which I had to assist three customer at the same time. Since I am one of the only Spanish speaking employees at my department it could be hard dealing with a number of customers at once. However, it has taught me to deal with tough situations, deal with challenging customers and multitasking at a high speed. Thankfully I have great co workers in which i get along with and are able to help me when they can. The most enjoyable part is interacting with my customers and providing them with a great experience. – less
Productive and Growing Company
Multi Channel Sales (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 16, 2014
Working for Best Buy you have to be ready to be in the fast lane. The retail industy requires you to be ready and on demand each step of the way.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more