Best Buy
4,549 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

fun enviromnet
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 27, 2014
Pros: working with every one
Cons: short breaks
great place to work and grow. Very fun and friendly environment and you can learn a lot
customers make it fun and hearing the stories of what they need and why.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJuly 27, 2014
Pros: monthly bonus if our store hits budget, fun customers. 30 minute lunches
Cons: rarely get a 15 minute break, sporadic hours, cant plan social events as schedule always changes.
Typical day at work is running from customer to customer and asking them about what and why they need the new product for, creating orders for customers if we dont have the product and getting them out in a timely manner and then getting to the next customer.

I learned how to address customer concerns with more humility and figure out a solution if – more... there was one we could do. I also learned how to talk to customers and get them excited about whatever product i was recommending that way they had no buyers remorse later on.

Most co workers were great! great team to be apart of and have fun while being the best.

hardest part of the job was trying to figure out a good deal for a customer and finding us to have nothing to offer and feeling bad that I couldnt help them.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers happiness as they leave with the newest and greatest technology that we sell and beinb excited to get home with it. – less
Good place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Murray, UTJuly 26, 2014
Good place to work. I worked here for two years so far. Best Buy has always been good to me. No complaints about the job. I love all of my co-workers we get along great. The pay could be better but that's the only bad thing I can say about the company.
productive and fun place to work at
Cashier/ sales (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: n/a
a lot of interaction with customers , a lot of team work , beneficial place to work at , great hours.
Busy and challenging place to work
Inventory/Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2014
Very busy, lots of responsibilities, and often challenging.
Having fun while being the best
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJuly 26, 2014
a typical day in best buy mobile includes activating cell phones, talking to customers about all the products within the department, etc. My co-workers are mostly younger and very knowledgable of most of the products in the store. the hardest part of the job is working with disgruntled customers.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: the interaction and connection with customers
Cons: tough sales during slow seasons
A Great place for any age person, growth potential was challenged by the down turn in the economy but company is strong.
Learned very much about every single item in the store, great training and teaching really good support from vendor partners, you are encouraged to learn, learn; learn.
Electronics are needed?
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 25, 2014
Dealt with a lot of customers who felt that the "extra" things, like XBOX one or PS4 were necessities in life. Some really great customers who understood that Best Buy is mostly a store of wants not needs.
Fun place to work at!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: product knowledge, fun environment
Cons: no commission
Best Buy is all about numbers since the sales consultants don't make commission. As long as you are hitting your goals Management has no problem giving you raises and more hours. Whenever a new product comes out you are required to learn about it and take a test on it.
Fun Day in the BBY World
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: interaction and technology
Cons: less time with family
Interaction with customers and associates made the day. No complaints except that retail takes a lot of time away from your personal life if in upper management.
Great place to work & learn about the latest technology
Sale support associate (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJuly 24, 2014
Had fun, great co-workers, heavy lifting, improved customer interaction skills, not far from home (saved a lot on gas.) Excellent facilities.
Best buy
Front Lane Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2014
It was a fun place to work at the co-worker were great and I love working with other people if it wasn't for my move from chicago to aurora i would still be there
Fun Place to Work
Geek Squad (Current Employee), OhioJuly 24, 2014
Pros: culture, professionalism of company structure, camaraderie
Cons: sales driven work force on the sales and service side of business
The benefits and culture at this company are awesome. Whether full time or part time. The culture that is promoted is ideal. The problem comes in with interpretation of the prescribed culture. In my experience most employees want to help and want to be that great experience for the customer but in many cases the management or even the demands of the – more... job burn out, disillusion and break the bright happy people who usually start out working at Best Buy. In most cases it's probably best to pursue only part time employment unless you really enjoy the sales and numbers side of things. In that case enthusiasm, drive and a head for selling will get you promoted pretty quickly. Beware though lulls and lazy work ethic will just as easily get you demoted. Having worked here for over 4 years I've seen managers, GM's, restructure promotions demotions and firings. You gain a lot of knowledge and experience in sales and customer service as well as general product knowledge due to the culture of training and coaching that is prevalent both now and when I was hired. – less
Laid back enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Great work place. Learned alot about electronics. Learned how to use the cash register. Never a dull moment
Great benefits and discounts but needs to update its practices.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: heathcare and discounts
Cons: management and old computer system
Working at Best Buy in the Customer Service Department has allowed me to meet different cultures and age groups. I have learn to adapt the skills to what is needed for the client. Which I enjoy greatly.
The hardest part of my job is reaching the intangible goals the management sets for us.
I have worked for Best Buy so long is mainly do to their benefit – more... plans and the discount on product, When I needed a computer for school the discount helped out immensely. – less
Pc tech
PC Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
Worked as a computer tech before geek squad.
Learned I was a very good sales man.
There ongoing training was very good.
Fun to work at, management iffy.
Sales Associate, Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 23, 2014
Great work environment lots of fun people, but sometimes management brought the whole place down.
Nice place to work.
Lead Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 23, 2014
Conducted customer service
Maintained store security, and apprehended shoplifters in accordance with store guidelines
cool place to work at, Best buy
H1 manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2014
Its a good company to work for especially if your still in school. you will learn a lot, and they treat their employees great. the management is pretty good and fair. over all its a good place to work in.
Fun and challenging place to work.
Sales Transaction Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fun and challenging
Constant goals that are easy to meet. Challenging, but was well trained.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more