Best Buy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,719 reviews matching the search
Fun Environment with Great Benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2016
Overall, the company has great culture! It's always fun to be at work and sell the latest technology. The pay is very fair and the benefits are great! 401k w/match, health, vision, dental.
fun and educational
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJune 23, 2016
Learned how to sell the proper way also found out that I love working with other people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with other employees who they do not think I know anything about the products.
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 23, 2016
Fun and fulfilling employer that gives back as much as you're willing to put in. Great company that will back its employees and give them a place to look forward to coming to daily.
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 23, 2016
I wish that I could say this place was amazing, but honestly it was one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management there needs a serious upgrade. They need to put the focus back on the employee. The customer is so important there that their employees are run into the ground and worn out. The things that go on in that place are deplorable. It would not fly at any other company. You could offer me $10 more an hour than what I was making and I still wouldn't go back to work there.
Pros
It paid ok
Cons
too many to list
You are the red-headed step son nobody wants.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJune 22, 2016
I've worked for Best Buy for about 3 years in various departments. Let me tell you right now, if your aren't sales floor, the managers don't care about you or your problems unless it causes them a issue. In my experience warehouse positions(Inventory/Merch) will usually always be understaffed or overstaffed with people who couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel. With the fact that in the last 2 years Best Buy has cut Anderson Media Merchandising, and now Solar Project Team you would think that they would give a slight pay increase to the warehouse employees for taking on those new tasks. No didn't happen, Myself and 3 other co-workers are responsible for multitasking at least 2 different job positions all week but not allowed to go into overtime. You will be stuck babysitting new hires till they quit or get fired for stealing because thats what happens 80 percent of the time. Sales floor will stick products back in the wrong spot on the shelf and then blame you when it rings up as the wrong price, sales floor also likes to not bother to read UPC codes when grabbing computers, tablets, and other items down from topstock or lock up. Give the customers usually a more expensive product then the one they were purchasing and then discount that item down or sku sell it which cause erosion or missing product in the inventory. That is also your fault. Broken TV, your fault. One random item not downstocked in the morning while 6 sales floor people stand around at the front of the store on their cellphones? Your fault.
When your District Manager makes a
  more... visit and sees that your warehouse is messy because you don't have time to clean up then you get yelled at to somehow find time to do that. Basically if you have a good GM they might know how to do your job but the Operations Manager and or managers in your store likely have no clue what to do back there. I've been called various times on my days off because someone was sick and the manager on duty didn't even know how to process the paperwork for unloading a white goods truck properly. You are underpaid, overworked, and get a bunch of nasty feedback when you try to address any issues. Managers don't know how to actually do anything on the inventory side of this business so you will be expected to know everything and also train all new employees. If you needed something to do for extra money or maybe in college and want a good discount to get some new gear I'd do it but for a real full time job depending on your area(different areas have different pay caps) its not worth the hassle.  less
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Low pay, No Training, Managers Don't care.
Alright
Fast and friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 22, 2016
Greeting people, it has it's day. Other than that fun to work and bonuses sometimes. Management was awesome at the time.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Best Buy as a sales associate. I was the top salesmen in my two for three months and the top sales men in my first year. I enjoying working with people and helping them find what they are looking for and determining the best fit for their needs.

I learned that to be a good salesmen you need to know and understand what it is you are selling to help the customer fine what they need. You also have to listen to what they customer desires are in the product. Its not about selling them the most expensive item its about meeting their needs and requirements withe the correct item and doing it while a relaxed, calm and confident attitude.

The hardest part of this job to me was biking 11 miles to and from work while my car wasn't working.

The most enjoyable part of this job was when i would have people come back into the store and ask for my help over other associates because they trusted me.
Pros
Fast Pace most days, dependable hours.
Cons
No benefits included, Low hourly pay.
Can be fun workplace
Connection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 22, 2016
We have Barbeques, group outings, and help each other out. There are training modules to keep you up to date with produces, and updates. Sometimes you don't have time to take a break. If everyone on the team, is a team player, then things will go smoothly.
Pros
Team Events
Cons
Can't always take break
Very fun environment everyone was always upbeat and happy
Overnight Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
At a 24 hour store there was always work to do. Often times musicians would stop in on the night of their album release. Management was very well organized and always knew what you were up to personally.
Pros
Fast paced, fun, friendly
Great working environment
Sales Associate/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 21, 2016
I learned how to deal with customers, there are different types of customers and I learned to deal with most of them. My co-workers made things easier for me I was able to adjust more comfortably because of them. The hardest part of the job is getting someone to buy something because most would just say I'm just looking.
Asset Protection Specialist
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 21, 2016
Working as an asset protection specialist for Best Buy is a good foot in the door working with CCTV and interacting with customers, however, the company does not allowed for their agents to make any citizens arrest on dishonest customers, and this mainly because of liability.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Not being able to make citizens arrest
Great company for starting off
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 21, 2016
Working at Best Buy allows me to gain a strong concept on Customer Service skills and progress my knowledge in multitasking as well as retail. I come in and process exchanges and returns, however my day can alter depending on the customer. So it prepares you to understand multitudes of customer needs. I often close due to lack of staff within my department, however my job is more challenging than a regular cashier so I do not mind the hours as much. Management has changed drastically within the last year in the store I am posted but they are willing to work with you and can be quite good to work with depending the situation. The co-workers vary and I tend to get along with everyone I work with. The hardest part of the job is getting all customers taken care of but you grow and learn from it, as it can be difficult with the angry and emotional customers. The enjoyable part for myself is the ability to do multiple things throughout the day and in a way you are constantly learning something new. I find it a little challenging to grow within the area of the business I am in, however the overall work experience I am currently gaining is satisfiable for now.
a long time comming
Consultation and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2016
So I worked at BestBuy for a little less that 7 years and it was not really the place i would go for a career but it was an overall nice place to work. the break room was nicely set up with a big flat screen tv and there was always somewhere to sit. As far as anything else goes i would not want to end up working there again.
Okay as a beginning job
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 20, 2016
Best Buy is great for a college job, and a job that allows you to learn about the tech sector and learning leadership skills.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work life balance
ok as a temporary but not career
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 20, 2016
this job is perfect for someone who is either working through college, or has a second job. but its not career worthy. the only way it would be career worthy is if you became a general manager or above.
Easy Work but no motivation
Geek Squad Store Technician (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILJune 19, 2016
The work gave us great hands on training with the customer but no incentive to keep working. People moved at their own pace which is fine but it seemed like they were slacking off.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJune 19, 2016
Great company discounts with a great team (where I was working). Very knowledgable and authentic work ethic as well. I got great discounts on a lot of electronic essentials and it really helped me save money
Pros
Company discounts, nice work environment, very educational
Cons
Part time, getting full time position was difficult
Great people in a positive envoironment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 19, 2016
Very organized and want to see you grow. They train you and equip you with all the knowledge you need to succeed. Coworkers were all friendly and worked as a team.
Decent
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  NCJune 19, 2016
the actual job wasn't bad i loved my job and my co-workers the only down side was how management made employees feel singled out because they wouldn't joke enough or horseplay at work. If you didn't go along with management they simply ignored you.
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 19, 2016
Excellent Benefits but horrible pay unless you are a delivery driver for Geek Squad. The hours are horrible because management just inputs your availability into a computer and it spits out a schedule that will never be even close to static.