Best Buy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,583 reviews matching the search
Retail Battleground
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 5, 2016
Was a great place to work. Even in the recent years with all the changes in business. Recent upper management lost site of diversity of business ideas in local demographic areas needed to drive client retention and loyalty.
Pros
seeing your staff succeed and grow, technology discounts, never have the same day at work and meeting the needs of your clients
Cons
work versus family life, upper management not connected to stores, Encroachment of holiday family time, pay versus expectation
A stepping stone down a widening path.
Microsoft Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2016
A powerful culture of winning and being the best. You will always have something to do or you will otherwise find yourself finding things to do. Very customer driven, each interaction gearing towards developing a customer relation for life. Very success driven management, capable of giving context to every request in a more than feasible way that demonstrates the arduous lengths and forethought required for achieving goals.
Exciting workplace with plenty of opportunities to gain growth from within.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMay 2, 2016
The days at best buy are task based. I can say I learned the importance of proper organization and EFFECTIVE communication. My co workers were all fine for the most part with a few exceptions, one of them sadly enough being the team lead. My management on the other hand was sorely lacking in ways that would be unprofessional to get into. The hardest part of my job was only when things weren't communicated properly but other than that my job was enjoyable through and through.
Good Revenue Markets, but weak structure and employment architecture.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 13, 2016
Good place just needs more discipline and structure in the mission of the company. Also it needs to make sure the hierarchy has checks and balances on the say so's at the store level ensuring no breaches in the line of command going down. So that employees are protected form supervisors, supervisors from managers, especially on each individuals belief about how each operation should or could be run.
Pros
Different Opportunities
Cons
No Vertical movement in terms of promotion
Very active workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 18, 2016
Working at Best Buy, I learned the aspects of selling merchandise and being more active in the workplace. I gained a sense of self-confidence also and was better at solving dilemmas and creating better solutions for both the consumer and myself. Every workday was about the same and you had to meet a certain goal that you yourself set and achieve. I was the youngest at the time of the employees and fitting in or gaining assistance from another was very easy. There were times where I was unable to assist a customer and also had no one to help and it was frustrating, but eventually I did receive the help I need in order to get the task done.
Pros
Lunch period
Can be fun
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 18, 2016
The job itself is easy, typical retail work. Make sure you actually are knowledgable about the products in your department, customers will be upset if you don't know anything.

Most products are locked up so you must get a manager with the keys to unlock the cage so you can get a product for a customer. That is not bad but when the store is busy they can take a really long time and the customer gets upset
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, great discounts
Cons
no breaks, the push for geek squad
fun place to work very driven thru sales culture
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 25, 2016
as a assistant manager of sales there was much pressure to drive credit applications and other services. in my opinion the sales culture was driven the wrong way, instead of just wanting credit applications they should have been driven with training for employees with a propose to solve for the customer as just getting credit apps is just a compliance number vs closing the sale thru credit applications. in my case new leadership at my location forced me out as they had a different vision/approch......
Pros
great people working there
Cons
compliance and work loads...scheduling
Fun Environment to Work In
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 27, 2016
I enjoy working with everyone at Best Buy. Working there makes everyone feel like they can be themselves as well as bringing the best customer service. I learned how to not only work with new conditions but to also be able to take care of customers even if ii am a warehouse employee. The management at Best Buy is probably the best I've been involved with. They make sure that everyone is on their A game when they come in and also allow them to have fun. I just really enjoy coming into work with no intentions of wanting to go home as i walk through the doors.
i served as a geek squad agent at best buy
Consultation Agent (CA) (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAApril 27, 2016
Geek Squad was a great company to work for. During my time at Geek Squad i gained essential experience with handling and repairing computers. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I could provide a world class computer service experience for my clients. I also loved working with my co-workers. They have become my friends whom i still talk to on a daily basis.
Pros
Getting to work with new technology on a daily basis
Cons
Selling Geek Squad Services
It has its moments
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2016
The typical day is pretty routine, cleaning and organizing your department along with verifying your demos are displaying correctly and checking if any new models were released. I've learned a lot about technology through E learnings, from how computers really work to the difference in washer machines and headphones. One thing i noticed about management is they tend to fill those positions from outside of the store, not to much in store position raises. The hardest part of the job would be working with frustrated guest. The most enjoyable part i would have to say are the employee accommodations and discounts.
Fun and active environment for employees and management.
Inventory Specialist, I (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 10, 2016
Working for Best Buy, usually I handled logistics and helped sales team find and locate items for incoming customers. From Best Buy, I generated a overall learning experience in the field of all things technology and home. Management helped in every process of any new or current employee, and they were willing to always go above and beyond. Hardest part of the job is selling a customer what they need rather than their wants. But, the most enjoyable times where the feed back from customers about their experience in our store.
Pros
Discounts on needed home or electronical items.
Cons
Holiday work hours.
Handling products with care, coming to work prepared, and enjoy cutomers satisfaction.
Student in Training (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 29, 2016
It's a place where there is always work from small to big and that there is a time limit of what work is being completed. I learned to adapt to calm and harsh situations and to always keep calm and aware of what's going on. Management is decent but could always use improvement. The co-workers keep an eye on rewards and is usually friendly to everyone. The hardest part of the job is when a customer begins to aggravate me for simply not listening or using aggression against me. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I successfully help customers in need.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Small Break Times
Great learning experience.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OR 97062April 29, 2016
Unlike any other place, Best Buy is a great place to work for. Everyone is willing to help and management will always stick up for you if you need them too. It's a great place to start if you can get in as well. They teach you what you need to learn to become a leader material and how to score and do good on your next big interviews.
Pros
Fun place to work for, you learn a lot and great discounts.
Cons
You get to meet a sorts of customers, and certain places they place you can get slow and boring.
Productive and fun workplace while working
Mobile specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
Best Buy was a very good company, every employee hired had an amazing personality so it made work fun. The benefits were great, and they worked around my school schedule with me. The only thing that made me want to leave was management, I personally felt like there was a lot of favoritism and she was unprofessional at times. Other than that my experience there was great.
Pros
Flexible with my hours, friendly people
Cons
short breaks, favoritism
Great workplace with plenty of room to grow.
Home Theatre Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 18, 2016
Best Buy is a great place to start building a career. Several positions to work in. Always around the newest tech. Management was sometimes iffy, but always nice people. Co-workers, like any job, just varied on the willingness of the employee. Hardest part of the job was the mix of hours with the sales goals. Most enjoyable were the people, employees and customers, and also being around all the technology with great discounts.
Pros
discount, benefits, coworkers, environment, opportunity
Cons
short breaks, holiday hours, no set schedule
It is a productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 6, 2016
A typical day at Best Buy is helping out the customers and finding out what they are shopping for that day. When you do this, you learn about the costumer's wants and needs.

Management well make sure everyone is doing alright, if the team is all tied up. In addition, they also let my co-workers and I know how we are doing as a store throughout the day.

Co-workers are pretty typical here. There are ones that will help you out when needed and others sometimes don't listen to you at all (whether you are a manger or not). Most of the them do help each out and stay on task.
Pros
Are the Befints and training events that are outside of the state.
Cons
my work schudule is never the same, yet I am use to it.
Great company but management needs improvement
Front End Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2016
Interacting with customers, resolving issues. Making sure the customer feels heard will keep them coming back. Management needs to value their employees more, as for my co-workers when we work as team it benefits the company on a whole.
The hardest part of the job is not being recognized for the effort you put in and your paycheck not reflecting that.
Working with great individuals and have great interactions with customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not many holidays off
Sales-Based support
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2016
The culture at geek squad is great, if you don't work at Mission Valley.

At the Mission Valley location, you don't get the time or opportunity to learn anything about the devices you work with. There is always someone else that your are being told to sell products to, and get told not help people with easy issues unless they buy a full support package.

The discounts on Best Buy products was great...until they reduced it.
Pros
Experiment with a variety of tech
Cons
More sales than support
Not what I expected
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 12, 2016
While I was only there for a seasonal position, my experience there wasn't the greatest. Despite telling them my schedule conflicts, the job given to me turned out to work graveyard hours and very limited with my school schedule. I didn't get paid my first month there because of some massive errors in the system that wouldn't recognize me as an official employee. The managers had a major lacking in presence when I needed help and communication, the environment was ok, employees were tolerable, the job would have been better for me under a different position.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  California, MDMay 14, 2016
Being a driven salesperson, finding a decent place to work is key. Best Buy has numerous ways to have fun while working. The management tends to always have your back. Your co-workers know the business and continue to strive while learning new things. The hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your face while working with difficult customers, but at the end of the day, you get to go home and start a brand new day the next time you work.
Pros
Great leadership team
Cons
Difficult customers