Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 13,157 reviews matching the search
Very fun work enviroment!
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 19, 2017
Working at Best Buy is a lot of fun when you're working around things that you love. The people are friendly, and the customers love it when you can help them entirely and even suggest things that they haven't even thought of before.
Good people, decent environment but not much room for growth.
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 19, 2017
The work could get burdensome, but the lack of growth is what turned me away. typical work days vary on season and promotions going on in the retail locations.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 19, 2017
Definitely a great place to work. Had a lot of fun working with customers and fellow associates. Almost every manager I worked with at Best Buy was great. The only "hard" part for most was selling the Best Buy card.
Extravert personallty works best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 19, 2017
Excite company to work for if your an extrovert. Goal oriented. Always be on time and flexible to work when needed. Conducting business changes often. Great benefits, the best being tuition reimbursement.
Great Corporate Experience!
Public Affairs Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNAugust 19, 2017
It was fantastic to have the opportunity to work in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Best Buy. It is a niche sector that I am very interested in. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience working at Best Buy during my short time there.
Pros
Enjoyed the Public Affairs team members and most of the projects I worked on
Cons
It was a temporary position with little room for advancement in the company
Awesome work place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 18, 2017
The atmosphere is really relaxed, and all co-workers get along well with each other. Lots of teamwork and communication.
Never have I had a bad day at work!
The hardest part of the job
Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 18, 2017
The Hardest part of the job for me was introducing the BestBuy credit card that was available for our customers to get. If they were approved for the credit card they would get the special deal that was going on at the time.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXAugust 18, 2017
Excellent business to develop sales skills and relationships that will last a lifetime.

Great trainings to help individuals and service leadership that excells in customer service.
Pros
Relationship builder, customer service.
Good Entry Level Job
Customer Service and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 18, 2017
If you are in college this is a agreat place to work for because this job teaches you alot about the real world with the kinds of people you will meet duing this job.
Love the people i work woth
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 18, 2017
Love the people I work with . Just no longer enjoy customer contact.
Also I have worked for over 6 years here and I only make 50 cents over min wage find that unfair and insulting.
Pros
People i work with
Cons
Insulted by wage after 6 years of service
Great comapny
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 18, 2017
love the fast paste environment how it always had a steady flow and u was able to advance fast if you know what u was doing the hardest part was dealing with difficult customers but with a positive smile and mind set that was a piece of cake
fun place to work with great benefits
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 18, 2017
everyday is different, you will not get locked into complacency. excellent pay and even better benefits for full time employees. easy to move up within company and or transfer to other locations/jobs within best buy.
Benefits
Cons
company restructures have a tenancy to wipe out supervisory/management positions
Best Buy Retail Store
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
This by far was my best place I worked . On a typical day I would work the front door and monitor the cameras. I was responsible for monitoring daily inventory of displays and merchandise in the store.
Pros
Able to stop theft
Cons
Can be risk taking
Favorite Job Till this Day
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 17, 2017
The energy and atmosphere while working at Best Buy was very rewarding and felt delightful. Work was a breeze, the company supported their employees as well as the management.
Best Buy all numbers
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2017
Direct managers and GMs are there to support an help with the day to day job role. Seem higher up and outside of the store staff is out of touch with the stores them selves.
alway busy
full time lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
i don't have much to say about best buy because i haven't worked there in two years. much has probably changed since then and i don't want to make assumptions about it is now compared to then.
Great Job
Geek Squad Consultant Agent (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 17, 2017
Learned a lot on the job, training was long but good. I would recommend working here. Easy to move up if you work hard and do your job. Geek Squad is fun.
Fun Entry Level Employer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
Best Buy was a good stepping stone for me to use in order to sharpen my communication skills and sales skills. I built great relationships with my peers and met some great customers as well. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great environment with great people.
Best Buy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 17, 2017
I learned a lot as far as electronics and software at Best Buy. All of the employees worked together as a team and we were lead by great management. I enjoyed learning and seeing new technology.
Pros
decent break
Not as bad as it could be
Advanced Repair Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 17, 2017
Pay at Best Buy is reasonable, compared to most of the competition. That being said, the organization shows no respect for individual contribution and encourages high employee churn and a strategy of gaming the system and currying favor with store management.

Metrics are everything, but the goals set for success, as well as the job descriptions of individual contributors, change far too frequently for an employee to make a good faith effort to grow within the company. Instead metrics are routinely gamed by store management, and advancement at lower levels depends entirely on developing a favorable personal relationship with store level managers. As a result, there is no consistency to expectations or evaluations of job performance.

Additionally, with routine changes in company direction and the focus of goals in the sales of products and services, the goals and job descriptions for employees are extremely variable, and the organization as a whole displays no loyalty to employees whatsoever.
Pros
Pay is slightly above average, environment is LGBT friendly
Cons
No consistent expectations or goals, no merit based advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.