Best Buy

6.8K reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

technology driven
Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great discounts and accommodations
Cons: commission based environment except there is no commission money
If you love the latest tech, this can be a fun place to work. Nothing like touching and getting your hands on the latest tech as oppose to buying online. The best brick and mortar store with the best technology. Employees are friendly depending on what location and what mood they are in same rules apply to management.
This Company Takes good care of you...
Supervisor (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, fun environment
Cons: Management varies by location
This company takes very good care of you if you work hard for the company. I started as a line level employee and have worked my way up to leadership. Overall, this company is great to work with. Lots of fun. The only thing that might be a deterrent is if you are hired on at a store with bad management. Management matters.
Fun place to work and demo new gadgets
Sales Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks, fun gadgets, discounts, fun meetings
Cons: Constant changes confusing
I enjoyed teaching customers how to use new technology to improve their quality of life. I loved being the assistant manager and helping others improve skills and achieve their goals. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the new policy changes coming down from corporate and having to disappoint customers when we can't offer the same things we did in the past. I did however love working with new gadgets and technology and was very enthusiastic about them when demonstrating products to customers.
productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 28, 2015
super productive amazing place to work at I loved my time at best buy management is the best my co-workers awesome very enjoyable place to work at
Really good work place and company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 28, 2015
At times there was ups and down but overall a really good work place. They always made sure their employees were ok and comfortable with what they were doing. The environment of the work place was good. Very laid back and fun place to work.
Fun place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 28, 2015
over the 6 years I worked there I learned new things, did new things and met several different walks of life. I would go back any day and work there again
Fun Culture
Geek Squad Field Computer Repair Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Geek Squad Culture
Cons: It so hard to move up with in the company
Geek Squad is way of life and how Best Buy Built the culture with in the company that had spread across this nation and abroad. I have never been apart of anything like it.
Fun work environment, stressful goals, difficult advancement
Inventory/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 28, 2015
Overall great place to hold steady job. Finding career path within company proves difficult if not willing to suck up to management. Management has hard time making tough decisions on policies. Wishy-Washy tactics. Fun co-workers on entry level.
Healthy and productive work environment
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYAugust 27, 2015
Working at Best Buy had a fun, eccentric environment to be around. Being able to experiment and explore technology that is constantly evolving. A typical day at work is to customers with their needs, wants and desires so they can have a pleasurable, fun-filled time searching for products they want or just simply browsing around. The co-workers are the best part of working there, they eager you on to do better and they always have your back when its help pitching a sale for a team effort or simply closing down the department for the night. Most enjoyable part of the job is selling when the store is jam packed, gets you pumped and my mind and body just do its own thing, moving without even thinking, adapting to the fast pace environment and the time just flies by so quickly.
great
sales associate (Current Employee), Levittown, PAAugust 27, 2015
its a grat experience learning all about the new stuff that comes out testing it and all learning how all the computers run and the new tvs that come out working on the computers testing the new gaming systems that come out new cameras appliances learning how all the stereos for the cars work how to install them as well
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 27, 2015
Excellent environmental job with motivate management. Good Opportunities to grown up. The most that I like it is the opportunity to be and Engineer an implement the Lean strategy and use concept of GMPs to improve the sales in our sales department and store.
Very Productive
Inventory/Merchandising (Media) (Current Employee), BolingbrookAugust 27, 2015
A very different environment than I ever worked in, with a determined team to reach all goals. The managers sets up team outings, so new associates can get to know associates who has been with the store for a while.
its retail
Sales/Product Processor (Former Employee), union cityAugust 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours and short pay and not recognition
this is a job for someone going to college , it was not a good place to work for an adult , long hours , you don't get paid your worth
Fun place to work
Management (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount! Access to all the latest and greatest technology.
Cons: Politics, lack of market alignment, politics, politics
Good company to work for if you like electronics. Values driven organization that caters to the employee experience. Discount is good but the pay is a bit off versus other retailers.
Great place to learn entry level sales
Asset Protection (Current Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Fun, Engaging, and Educational
Cons: part time employment
This is a great place to work for. Everyone is truly happy to come to work everyday. The only downside is that they only staff a few people to full time employment. Most associates don't give up those positions.
Fun workplace
Transaction agent (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 26, 2015
Great place to grow and learn. Working here was always a fun experience and everyday was something new to learn. I took a lot from working at best buy.
Fun, team enviroment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), MNAugust 26, 2015
Show up to work and get work done. Great training and daily development with leaders. Work/life balance is tough with required availability and scheduled hours of operation.
very good place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
very good people to be around and feel comfortable with. Management was great and very understanding in all areas. A great place to move on up and get recognized for jobs well done.
Co-workers are fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mchenry, ILAugust 26, 2015
Laid back, basically set off to do your own thing but still have to meet sales goals. I actually really like the place. If only the pay were high or if we were on commission.
Good summer job
Project Team Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2015
It is a good company to start but it is also a big corporation and you might get lost with low visibility. Fun co workers and management.