3,985 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Top 5 Best Jobs
Home Business Group Supervisor (Former Employee), Delafield, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: employee discount, learning new tech
Cons: wanting to buy all of the new tech when it was released.
I have worked in just about every position at Best Buy. I loved the customers, the employees, and the overall attitude about having fun while being the best. A typical day could be everything from cleaning shelves to dealing with unusual customer issues every hour. I loved being able to listen to what the customer wanted to do, and make it happen or – more... show them what beyond their thoughts they will be able to do. Most of them didn't even know that it was possible.
The hardest part of my job was leaving. I really did like my job there. Honestly, one of the top 5 that I have ever had. – less
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), El Centro, CAApril 21, 2014
Worked as a digital specialist, in cameras. They provided us training for what all the functions were for in cameras and what all the accessories were utilized for that way we would do better with sales. Co workers and management were very helpful. enjoyed the job very much.
Great place to work with Great people
Best Buy Mobile (Former Employee), York, PAApril 21, 2014
When I was working as Best Buy I learned a great deal about customer service and time management along with being able to work with some great people as far as managers and coworkers are concerned.
Good place to start sales experience, but not enough hours
Retail/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Summerville, SCApril 20, 2014
Pros: room to move to different departments
Cons: low hours
I was hired as a seasonal employee and was very successful. We had sales goals to sell 3 credit cards per 3-4 hour shifts and I was selling way more and did not receive additional hours. Management would change schedule last minute and would not inform you, pay was okay. The job was kind of boring because it wasn't busy often, I quit before the season – more... ended because my check did not cover gas expenses at the least, but before I left I started training for a different department, so there is room for growth but pay is the same. – less
Great Place to work
Customer Service and Multi-Channel Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 19, 2014
The people that I worked with was great. It was always a fun time working at Best Buy. At times it could get stressful due to having to meet store requirements with Best Buy cards and things of that nature. There was good life and work balance except for when we were the busiest which was the holiday season. The pay was decent.
Customer Service
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee), dallas TXApril 19, 2014
-counted down drawers
-helped cutomers
-helped employees
Lesson Learned
Geek Squad In-store Agent (Former Employee), Hoston, texasApril 18, 2014
Pros: the learning never stops
Cons: salary for educated workers could be better
I was able to receive almost every certification they offered
Fun electronic store
MEDIA SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 18, 2014
This was a great place to work. Typical day consisted of organizing the department and helping customers with selections. Management and all other departments were helpful whenever I had questions or needed assistance.
Busy on your feet productive job
Cashier/Sales/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: besides the discount, coworkers become like family
Cons: not enough coverage at some points.
Always something to do! Knowledgable staff who takes pride in their job.
Fast paced and productive days.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
Pros: being able to learn about new technology, meeting so many different people.
Cons: low hours
Each day at Best Buy was the same as well as different. For example I do the same things but I never knew what type of help I would give to customers. I learned a lot of sales techniques to help me boost my sales. My co-workers were all very nice and always open to help me out. The hardest part of the job, was to get customers to go with the Best Buy – more... "Geek Squad" insurance plan. The best part of that job was being able to sale the right product to the customer, knowing they will be happy done the road. The management were all very open and ready for questions to assure we are all getting everything done right. – less
Fast-paced, high pressure environment
Manager - Geek Squad In-Home Operations/Commander (Former Employee), Richfield, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: constant change, reorganizations, no job security
The company has been struggling to get negative comps reversed. There is constant change, and it always feels like you're in the middle of a fire drill. Pretty flexible work environment, but everyone is doing the work of 2-3 people with all of the cuts that have happened.
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 17, 2014
Stressful during the holidays but overall a great experience.
Selling products and services.
Full Time Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Grand ForksApril 17, 2014
Pros: usually an easy job, fun co workers
Cons: not a very good management team sometimes.
Relate information to customers in the most professional matter and know the material you are selling.
Pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Webster, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: friendships created, customers, knowledge experience, responsibility job roles
Cons: management, pay, hours
Retail is a good place to work at because of customers. What really drags and stresses me out in Best Buy is the pay. Management is alright. I am getting UNDERPAID for the stress that I go through to help Best Buy achieve their money. I am a full-timer and am treated like a part-timer. I can't get my own place because I do not make enough money. The – more... only thing I can afford is food in my mouth and my car. Also, I only get approximately 32 hours a week when a full timer with benefits should receive 40 hours. – less
i looked forward to going to work everyday.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MIApril 17, 2014
I loved it here. i bonded with so many people, that i was so sad to leave behind. the management was great we were pretty much self sufficient unless we really needed a manager.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 17, 2014
Best Buy was a nice company to work for. Like walgreens they provided tools I needed to succeed
love it
custome rservice/sales associate (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 17, 2014
one of my best jobs I ever had. the people are so nice and kind and help with what ever is needed
Hard working place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Findlay, OHApril 17, 2014
A typical day at work would be getting the customers what they need and making sure that there isn't anything stolen from the store. Working here I have learned how to multitask better and see what really matters to other people. The management here is in the process of changing, but from the beginning they have always showed us what it means to be – more... a hard worker and show the best way to handle situations at hand. As the same with working with my co-workers, they are difficult some days but they have taught me how to work together even on the bad days. The hardest part about my job is working with the customers that could be making my job harder that day. Even with the hard customers I learn something new. This would be to look at their point of view and see where they are coming from. I have learned a lot from being here but I think that it is time for me to move forward and learn from another company. – less
BEST IN BLUE
Computing Supervisor (Former Employee), MICHIGANApril 17, 2014
Pros: amazing people and work enviroment
Cons: no work life balance, your always working opposite shifts, always going through a re-org
Amazing Company and people to work with. it allows you to create friendships and have fun while being the best.
Sales Associate
Sales-Associate (Current Employee), Orange, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: good learning experience, friendly coworkers, not hard work, store managers
Cons: short breaks, lack of incentive, redundant tasks
It's decent job for getting experience with customers, sales, and relationship building. If you take this job seriously enough (but not too seriously) you will gain some valuable skills. The day to day tasks are nothing out of the ordinary retail sales experience. Sell products, warranties, services and get people to apply for the credit services. Many – more... of your co-workers may complain about having to, you know, WORK but like I said; go for your sales goals and you will develop sales, interpersonal and relationship building skills.

HOWEVER!!!! Take it seriously but I really mean it, NOT TOO SERIOUSLY because you will sell your poor little heart out but remember, you aren't on commission! Very little of it comes back to you in the "bonus". Work hard but don't let the job or a supervisor break your back over missing an attachment on ONE sale.

People are fun and store management genuinely cares about you (corporate doesn't). You will have fun with your coworkers and most customers while learning a great deal about what drives sales and retail business. Managers can be a bit of a nuisance every now and then but they are usually bearable.

Overall, I gave it a 3/5 ONLY because the company pretends to appreciate your service but they only patronize it. Store managers GENUINELY appreciate it, but the COMPANY could care less who sold what as long as they make money. You can be one of the top salespeople in the district/region/company and you will get a very small token of appreciation. Like a pin or a cup. Don't expect to make money here. If you can soldier through it, you'll learn great skills and make some side money. Presumably if you work here you are a young adult going to school or in between jobs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more