Best Buy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,020 reviews matching the search
One of the best jobs I've had!!
Merchandising / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 30, 2016
It was one of the best jobs I've had, people were friendly but NOT too friendly to where it's scary! They showed that they were human the first time I started working there, even management! When I made a mistake they wouldn't be hard on me, they would actually have a one on one talk with me to see what I am lacking at and see if they could help me in those areas. We would have a good full work shift, even the "part-timers" would have enough hours and management would be out there on the floor working as hard as we employees did! The most enjoyable part of the job was that when we were working together we were a whole, it didn't feel uneasy or we were in different groups, it was always nice, I mean a lot of us would have our bad days but talking and interacting with the people and other employees made us forget about our "worldly problems."
Pros
Managers, good communication
Best Buy Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 30, 2016
Working at Best Buy, helped me in dealing and managing large amount of currency and assisted me in learning and expanding my social skills to be able to help any customer in need of help.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Little Pay
Fast pace job
Project Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 29, 2016
Loved the fast pace work as a supervisor of the operations and product processing departments.

Work/Life balance is hard to maintain for anyone working in the retail business.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Work/Life balance
okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOAugust 29, 2016
its an okay job to start with. its just like any other customer service job. i would recommend this job for anyone that is a college or high school student. its not alot of pay and the hours vary based off of sales
Pros
stay busy
Cons
poor pay and benefits
productive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work included greeting customers, checking customers qualifications, and recognizing their needs. I learned how to multitask and better communication skills. Hardest part would be meeting daily goals.
Pros
winning contests, discounts
Cons
crazy hours
Overall a fun place to work
Full Time Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 29, 2016
The company has great values and works to create a great work culture. You form great relationships with co-workers while learning about all the newest tech.
The down side is you are expected to have completely open availability and managers aren't always on your side. Many time managers have told employees to "toughen up" in reply to harassment complaints or unhappy work atmosphere.
Just make sure you have a good manager who cares about your well being
Pros
discounts, benefits, bonuses, learning about all the newest tech
Cons
having to "tough out" harassment
Tallahassee Best Buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2016
Most of my days are spent providing service to customers while trying to meet sales goals. It is a fun work environment because you will learn something new each day. Management could use some improvements which would improve the quality of associates too eventually. The hardest part is standing on your feet all day and the most enjoyable are the relationships you develop.
Fun place to work with fun co-workers
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 28, 2016
My day starts off and ends with talking to client about their computer problems. I access the situation and make the best recommendation for the client if we are unable to fix the computer. I've learned sales skills and how to be very personable. Management for the most part is easy going, if you end up messing up they give good advice and constructive criticism. My co-workers are fun and easy going as well. They know how to stay on task while having fun. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the technology and all the new fixes for broken computers. What I enjoy the most about the job is the competitiveness of the employees. At geek squad we hold competitions to see who is the best and win prizes.
Pros
Winning vacations
Cons
Pay and advancement
Work hard, rewarded.
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 27, 2016
Excellent customer base, occasional bad interaction but the managers usually step it at that point. The branch has since shut down, but had a good time while working at that particular location.
Pros
discount is great
Cons
part time=shaky hours
ups and downs
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 26, 2016
This is a great job with plenty of opportunity for advancement but there are poor leaders who contribute to already low morale of all the workers. It's kind of 50/50
not a good place to work if you have a life
Merchandising Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 26, 2016
The pay is well, but there truly do care for the way they treat the workers, especially if you leave and have to have them fill out a form, plus management does not set an example at all, when it comes to being management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Best Buy
Apple Professional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 26, 2016
A good hourly job with great benefits if you are a tech junky. That said, management very much pushes you to hit their daily sales metrics which can make the position a grind considering you are not compensated via commission.
looks easier than it is
Senior Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 26, 2016
If you like working retail Best Buy is pretty much the job for you. If you are a gamer, or computer geek apply right now. Being a student this job is stress free but if you are looking into management level it can get very stressful and intimidating.
Pros
good employee discount, flexible work schedule, reliable job no layoffs, work indoors
Cons
management level shows favoritism, retail hours, lots of weekend nights, busy holidays
Worklife was easy...
Sales Associate 2014 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2016
Workflow was easy... We got along and helped customers often. I surprised myself often with grand sales and pleased customers. I expressed and gained trust.
A good company to work for
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92392August 25, 2016
Overall, Best Buy is good company to work for. They offer good benefits and incentives for employees. However, if you work part-time, work hours may be hard to come by at time.
Great Opportunity for a Career
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNAugust 25, 2016
Made a great career with Best Buy. Unfortunately I am not able to relocate at this time so that I can stay with the company. Who knows, maybe in my future.
Non humanist company
Computer and computer related sales (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 25, 2016
they treat their employees like machines and not people here. The deceitful and charismatic always move up in this company and the righteous hard working people only seem to move down or stay in the same place. This company is only looking for the fastest way to make a buck and doesn't truly care about their employees or their customers.
Good company
Store / HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
Poor leadership at the district manager level. Many great Store leaders left the company rather than put up with micro-management and lack of support.
Its nice
Security (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 25, 2016
It is cool to work here, they help with school and work around your time constraints. Management is usually pretty good but in some stores they tend to have their own groups and favorites which may or may not skew your hours.
Pros
good discount
Awesome place to work. Great staff.
Multichannel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNAugust 25, 2016
I love the Best Buy company. The environment is awesome and so are the people. I've learned how to multitask like no other. The managers were awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.