Best Buy
5,469 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

One of my greatest job experiences
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun place to work at, great employee discount, great environment
Cons: nothing
This was hands down one of my favorite jobs I've had. The co workers were very friendly and they made work not so bad. I enjoyed helping customers with their electronic needs and wants and it was always a pleasure to see them walk away with a smile. I would still be working here if the job wasn't just seasonal.
managment makes enviroment very difficult to work with
Sale consultant (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management
Stay away from Puyallup Wa store, it hard to work with the management who isn't willing to adjust to workers request. To the management the customers come first before their own employees. I wouldn't work there ever again.
Fun Place to work.
MERCHANDISING/INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 23, 2015
It is a very fun place to work although sometimes it's too laid back.Some co-workers take advantage of that, but the GM will do every job top to bottom to make sure work gets done.
Good discount
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJanuary 23, 2015
You have to be able to multi task. You don't always stay in your desired role, you will be expected to do other things that is not in your job description.
Fun, despite being retail
Media Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Spanish Fort, AlJanuary 23, 2015
I would sell mainly media items such as game systems dvds cds stereos and all the accessories. I learned more about the systems and stereos then I ever thought I would. Most of the management was fun. My co-workers are what I miss most about the job they were always fun. The hardest part was dealing with the troublesome customers or when I caught kids stealing. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers
Diverse Work Environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation days, open minded staff, support groups
Cons: no hours, work on holidays, no weekends off
Diverse and energetic work environment. Fast paced retail sales and customer relations. Very enthusiastic managers with positive attitudes about the job and staff. Enjoyed coming to work everyday meeting new people and having a positive work environment.
Constant work and keeps you focused and energized
Sales Associate/Consultant (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: learning about technology and some benefits
Cons: managers are bad and don't let you breathe
There's always constant traffic in the store and we have to know about every single product and how it works. Everyday we come in and help customers out with products they would like to purchase and recommend maybe a better system and protection. This also includes cleaning the store constantly and keeping it looking perfect all the time.
used my knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: management understood i had to stop working cause of family issues that arose
Cons: did not move up as fast as i liked
used my knowledge to help others understand products and buy a protection plan
Great place to work freindly people
Sales (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the staff the mgrs. the selling
Cons: hard to get a 49 hour work week you would go from 36 to 8 in a weeek
I enjoyed many thing about best buy get staff and mrgs. excellent general mrg. everyone was truly concerned about the store
Productive and fun wokplace
SALES CONSULTANTE (SEASONAL OPPORTUNITY) (Former Employee), NYJanuary 22, 2015
- Opportunities to learn the business beyond typical retail
- Quarterly bonus
- Latest and greatest technology
- Flexible work hours
- Great managing
- Great team environment that is enforced. No day is the same.
- Good social atmosphere.
- You get health insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, 401k savings plan, when you are a full timer.
Excellent place to work especially for 'first-tmers'
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Sunrise, FloridaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: discounts and co-workers.
Cons: compensation and expectations.
A typical day of work consist of mainly loading and unloading the truck, organize the departments and merchandise, up-stocking, down-stocking, etc; every Sunday we price audit the store.
I learned a lot about receiving and shipping products, auditing and organizing.
Management is pretty good in my opinion but could try harder to help us the employees in tough situations.
My co-workers, especially my fellow "truck team" members are fantastic and i couldn't ask for better ones.
The hardest part of the job is the expectation to keep pushing at 100% when we do so much physical work and don't get the recognition nor the compensation to show for it.
The most enjoyable part of it all is my truck members, my co-workers, they always manage to put a smile on my face and we manage to make each other laugh and smile even through the hard work.
Great place to work, great staff.
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 22, 2015
The management at Best Buy is great, they are helpful, and are always easy to talk to. My co-workers all loved their jobs, they always seemed excited to be at work. A typical day for me included making sure that the isles were clean, ensuring that the customer was not having a hard time looking for a certain item, and letting them know the information they required. The most enjoyable part was the fact that you could interact with all of your co-workers, or managers and not feel intimidated, everyone had a really great attitude and did not hesitate to help when it was required.
Sales Rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day interacting with customers and helping find the correct entertainment they are looking for. Great environment and great people to work with.
Fun Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJanuary 21, 2015
I loved it, employees were helpful managers were polite. You get bonuses if your store exceeds sale goals. Also, It is very easy to move up/ get a promotion. Hard work pays off. To some it all up... Go apply to a great business now. You will not regret it.
Good Place to Work If you Like Technology
Sales Consultant/Computers & Tablets (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Best Buy is a good company to work with. The management there are great people. They started out on the bottom and know where you are coming from. They give opportunity to move up in management as well. Good pay and great environment. If you love technology and know it, they like to hire people that have experience with it. You get train on current and new technology that comes out.
Great place to gain experience.
Sony Expert for the Digital Imaging department. (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great training, great employees, and very rewarding for a great performance.
Cons: networks would often go down which caused some complexity at times.
Working at Best Buy is all sorts of fun; even while being productive. Those were one of their many values. Acknowledgement by store leadership wasn't scarce. Training was hands down class leading. For example i was sent to San Diego to receive the appropriate skills for my newest title there. I learned a lot of different vendor specific details which was my favorite part about working there. Juggling more than one customer at a time was probably the most difficult part about working at Best Buy but it has giving me great multitasking skills. The associates that I've worked with are some of the most outgoing people I have met so far.
Was assured high rates of permanency and after seasonal they never called.
Customer Service/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Citrus Park, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: short breaks, selfish management
I was expecting atleast a letter to let me know they weren't going to be keeping me for full or part time and they never even called me or anything.
Great Peer relations
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Margate, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Sales was great because peers was great to work with. Management could use more directive approach to helping peer development
Working for Best Buy
Occasional/Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 21, 2015
I didnt start the job to make friends but I enjoyed working with everyone. Everyone had the same goofy attitude I had. You get to deal with so many types of customers and create customer repore
More emphasis on selling extended warranties than products
Part time Sales (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: poor scheduling for work assignments
It was part time retail selling cameras . The problem was the way the time was scheduled so that you couldn't plan the rest of your time.
I was an amateur Photographer so I enjoyed learning about digital cameras. The culture was a very structured one where deviation from policy was carefully monitored. I had worked retail before in an envirnoment that did not require as much adhearance to style and gave more reward to substance. But it was a part time job not a carreer choice.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more