Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 7,236 reviews matching the search
Amazing electroniics
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Fun environment , fast pace , always learning , great co workers , knowledge of technology expansion ., Helpful management team , room for growth .
Terrible Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clay, NYFebruary 11, 2016
This job will undercut your hours if you are part time, without any notice or warning.

Management is weak, has no control over circumstances, corporate HR is useless, management will allow other store members to come in and boss you around.

Unsteady hours, unprofessional management. Avoid like the plague.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasFebruary 10, 2016
Management needs a lot of help they are deferentially not great and a big lack of commuinication. The staff over all is wonderful
Motivating and exciting environment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Center MallFebruary 10, 2016
A great experience, learned about myself. People there taught me the value of work ethics and time management. Everyone there had to do their own share of work, collaborated teamwork and made it come together at the end of the day.
great friendly environment
Loss Prevention, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day would be me opening the store & talking to my fellow employees about shrink & loss prevention. The managers would also have a morning meeting & go over our goals. My co-workers were very nice & welcoming everyday. There wasn't really a hard part to my job because I am very good at multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the customers everyday & having them remember me & my great customer service.
Great and fun job! I good job to have as a part time gig. Great discounts, but not to good on hours.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work for high school kids. Lost of fun but not enough hours to pay bills. The discounts are great though. Unloading trucks and stocking the shelves is just about the most you do. Sometimes you will be asked to sell items to customers if you have the knowledge to do so.
lots of fun
Front End Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Given tools to succeed and made work fun. attending weekly employee experience meetings and having parties in the HUB were all part of the job.
Best discounts
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 10, 2016
great job fun people to work with but the pay was very low and the hours fluctuated heavenly, all and all a good job with great discounts
Pros
Good people, good information, fun
Cons
low pay, long hours
Great Place to work
Merchandiser/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Restocking and merchanding of the general store, shipping and receiving products and online orders, genral cleaning of warehouse and store, setting up of vendor displays and to provide exceptional customer service and sales advice.
Pros
Great employee discount, Growth in company, Great benefits
Sales Associate
Sales Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Very fun environment, family oriented even though it is a large corporation, tons of sales training, great work/life balance
Enjoyed My Employment
Seasonal - Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 9, 2016
I was only employed at Best Buy for a short period of time but I made lots of great friends( both fellow co-workers and customers) and I learned a lot about technology and the latest gadgets the were coming out.
Pros
Everything. I enjoyed every single minute.
Cons
I was only a seasonal employee.
Absolute worst place to work other than being a grave digger
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Absolute worst place to work other than being a grave digger. The management treats you like an animal while they talk all day laughing at their petty jokes and their exists zero teamwork among the staff. It is every person for their self.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING IMAGINEABLE
Great place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Got the hours I need and I go to college so the schedule is flexible. Co-workers are great to work with and I learned a lot from the them. Hardest day was probably working Black Friday but others days would be hard if you're experienced enough with the system.
Great place to learn about new technology
Mobile/Computer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work would involve interacting with customers and providing assistance in determining what product would be best for the customer. It was a great environment to learn about new products and how to best work with other people of different age groups and knowledge level. Management had a clear goal on how to best assist you in learning how to better yourself and move forward in the company. Co-workers were the best part of the job because the people you worked with often had similar interest as you in your field. There wasn't necessarily a hard part of the job, it was more of needing to have a strong desire to learn about new technology that is constantly being produced. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was being able to learn about new technology on a regular basis and being able to interact with new people every day.
Pros
Good benefits and constant training on new technology
Cons
Sometimes people would over-step you just to please a customer
Interesting job, poor compensation/advancement opportunities.
Home Theater Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day consists of trying to sell full home theater solutions to customers. You are told to always use a Customer Recommendation Worksheet, if you do not, you run the risk of being written up. There are sales goals that are usually easy to reach if you try hard, but sometimes the goals can be unattainable. It is nice to be the first to learn about a lot of new technology and specialize in the products, the management is friendly, and coworkers and culture are great. The compensation is low, above minimum wage, but raises are few and far between. Pay is not commission based, but pay would be a lot better if it was. It is hard to get paid minimal amounts when working very hard to stay up to date on products and selling close to a million dollars a year (especially when commission is generally 8 to 10 percent of sales.)
Pros
Product knowledge, great discounts, fun coworkers.
Cons
Relatively low pay.
Good experince
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 8, 2016
It was lot of fun making the food. I enjoyed the job very much. I learned a lot about the food industry. I was a good first job.
Being properly prepared, educated and understanding the risk involved so that the risk can be reduced to a manageable level.
MCSA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Fast paced work environment
Portable Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 8, 2016
Being able to communicate with customers and being able to have excitement and fun during these times are great. Able to have hands on experience with products and being able to show how they work is another great part of this company
Pros
immersion in up to date products
Cons
short breaks
Best Buy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Best Buy was a great place to work with great people. I learned a lot about different electronic products that they sell. I worked with some great people. When I got into a snag they would always help me out. I hope maybe get to go back if I don't get a full-time job. I would say They are one the best places that I worked in a long time.
Pros
I was a good working environment
Cons
I did not get a lot of hours because of the bad economy
Great place to work and enhance current skill sets
Inventory/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 8, 2016
A typical work day consists of replenishing stock on the store floors, processing online orders and shipping products from the store, inventory counts, and helping customers throughout the store.

I have gained a basic understanding of inventory in a retail setting. I have learned to understand planograms and layouts of a box store.

Management is great. They trust their employees to finish tasks and make themselves available for any questions or help that may be needed along the way.

Co-workers are fantastic. Everyone is departmentalized, so we understand what each other may experience on a day to day. This does not stop us from building relationships with the ones outside of our department.

The hardest part of the job is making sure we are always counting and receiving the right amounts and making those available to customers any way possible (in store or online).

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. I am always moving and doing something new.