Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 11,227 reviews matching the search
Great place
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2017
I can't say anything but good things about Best Buy. I was here for about 3 years and I loved it. It's like everyone is family. The pay is great as well.
Pros
Great place
Cons
None that I can think of
Adventurous and exciting store to work for.
Home Theater Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
This store was very exciting to work for and from the first day I spent most of the time learning the products and their functions in order to provide customers with the best service possible. Unfortunately, I was only there for a couple weeks due to the fact that this was a seasonal position but I mostly learned how to manage the products in my department. Going in as a Home Theater Sales Consultant I was responsible for learning the functions and differences of all of Best Buys t.v brands. Including television essentials such as cables, inputs, soundbars, and antennas. The culture in Best Buy was very progressive and professional which made my days there very adventurous. The hardest part of working for Best Buy to me was mostly just learning everything I can about televisions in such a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was and is the back and forth between associates making communication between teams extremely fluent.
Pros
Comfortable uniform, employee benefits (discounts), and reliable teamwork
Cons
Very short lunch break, extremely poor management.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  D'Iberville, MSFebruary 25, 2017
If you like electronics and showing people how to use the product , them Best Buy is the place for you . They care about their employees and they want to see them grow.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to climb the ladder
overall great place to work
Geek Squad Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 25, 2017
best buy is a great place to work, very accommodating. had fun while being the best. Ive ben employed with the company for 13 years, and never had a issue. Mangers where great and genuinely wanted you to succeed. they took all suggestions and the good one, where actually implemented.
just a stepping stone
Home Theater Lead (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Its a horrible company to work for. management never takes responsibility for anything just like to point fingers and sit doing nothing. management also but a huge amount for pressure on the sales team. with everything they put on you they barely compensate you for anything.
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 25, 2017
management was always and power trips and came down hard on employees. Could never do anything right. each day was a new start which was bad. very political and mostly men
lots of fun game systems in hub
Geek Squad Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNFebruary 25, 2017
Answer clients' calls to Geek Squad who are requesting assistance with their computer issues. Run Log Me in Rescue to diagnose problems with the computer to determine the best course of action in making repairs to the computer. I learned a lot about how the computers work. Sometimes there were problems in connecting to the clients' computers. I enjoyed doing this job as it gave me new skills.
Pros
lots of fun and incentives for meeting and exceeding department goals
Cons
sometimes calls are back to back
Summary
Best Buy Mobile (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 24, 2017
Everyone there is so nice and welcoming. On my first day i felt like i was part of the team immediately, they made it seem like i have been working there for months! Great environment! everyone is so willing to help, and make sure you really get what you need and helps take care of any customer issues when needed. Management was great overall, but some certain managers were just terrible...
Door greeter
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Was supposed to be asset protection, ended up being a Walmart door greeter. Employees see you as the lowest form of life in the store. They will ask you to work truck on a Saturday morning at 6am unless you're an old guy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Boring door greeting job
Fun Place to work
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 24, 2017
It is a great place to work especially if you like electronics and the newest gadgets. The leadership is ok too. Overall a good place to work but expect to work.
Pros
Great benefits and bonus opportunities
Cons
Long standing shifts and not much flexibility with work schedules changing. typical retail hours.
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZFebruary 24, 2017
love working there great team environment, great team leaders and you get a great opportunity to learn about all kinds of electrics. part timer do not get a lot of hours with is good if your looking little hours and good discounts. one of my best jobs
Pros
great work
Cons
part time now a lot of hours
Fun work place
Connected Lead (Current Employee) –  Howell, NJFebruary 24, 2017
I can have fun while being the best. There is much diversity and management works will with the hours I need. I get to meet different people everyday.
great fun place
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 23, 2017
fun place to work for, great discounts for employees, management is a constant revolving door of new people which is the only real downside, worked as a seasonal and was kept after holidays, hours were reduced after holidays which is why i moved on to another job, started as part time with 30-35 hours, and ended up with 8-10 hours, a week.
Pros
discounts
Cons
part time hours only
okay
Sales Consultant - Mobile Department (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 23, 2017
not bad it was okay but the work was the same every day and there wasnt much change that was going on in the work place I am only typing more because of the minimum 20 word requirement which is very annoying
Great Work Environment, Low Pay
AT&T Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, nCFebruary 23, 2017
It is a wonderful company with a great culture, but the room for advancement is minimum and pay is low considering experience and education. For someone's first time job it would be a great fit
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
no room for advancement and low pay
was an esay going place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2017
some days were longer than i wanted did delivery and don't like long days. however it was at times rather laid back. most mgrs were easy to get along with
fun workplace
sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Of all the retail jobs that's the one you can make a career out of. Fun exciting place to work. They reward you with your great work. Always something going on.
One Big Family
PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 23, 2017
When I first started working at Best Buy, I felt so at home. You got a huge smile on your face when your walked through those doors. You begin to come close to your co-workers and managers. You're a big family that looks out for each other and when you leave, they have company get togethers.
Pros
Bonuses from store sales
Cons
Competition for sales even though we don't work off of commission.
fun and competitive place to work in
Home Theater Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 23, 2017
everyone at this job is competitive but they have fun while being competitive so there is never any issues between people
Pros
always a chance to learn new hings
Cons
management
Positive environment
Best Buy Mobile Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAFebruary 23, 2017
Best Buy was a positive environment pay wasn't great ideal for high school students and people who like customer service
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Management can be a little rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

83%