Best Buy
5,266 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Full-time Sales Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2014
Best Buy is a great place to work if you have the privilege of working for a Management team that cares about their employees. I have worked for many different managers and have seen them range from poor to excellent. The job atmosphere is great if you like meeting new customers on a daily basis and being surrounded by the latest trends in technology.
Work at home position
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), work at home GeorgiaDecember 20, 2014
I worked from home home taking incoming calls from customers that wanted to pay on their account, renew their contract or cancel.I enjoyed this job because I was able to interact with customers and even though I didn't see them I knew at the end of the call I made them a happy customer.
big and fun
Computer Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 20, 2014
cool toys
lots of help from co workers, normal hrs
normal hrs normal hrs
You have to be good!
Home Essentials Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: company restructures frequently. mid level management positions are always in the line of fire.
Not for average retail employees. Fast paced, and consist change. Provide professional sales training classes and keep the environment fun and exciting. Very heavy workload and have to be self motivated for success.
IT and Sales, if you're good at both, this is the place for you
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free food, games and prizes, competitions
Cons: you have to work weekends and holidays, the occasional rude customer.
Theres a lot of learning involved in this company since you're getting new tech every couple of months. You have to remember that the new processor in the computers is great for editing pictures, but might not be so great for gaming.
The coworkers are usually pretty fun, and have a lot of knowledge to share. The only downside is that even though you – more... aren't technically "commission-dependent" in your salary, you are made to reach a certain sales goal and sell a certain amount of credit cards to customers.
I learned so much from being on the sales floor. The computer game changes often and you have no option but to stay certified in certain things. You get constant job offers from other places and you are never without something to do. – less
Dead-end job, for most
Administrative Assistant, Customer Svc. Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
With little to no room for advancement for most employees, Best Buy can definitely be a dead-end job. While I was able to advance, the corporate culture was horrendous. Management was terrible, and depended primarily on harassment and intimidation. Aside from that, the pay was terrible, and the hours were never consistent for most people. As a supervisor – more... I was encouraged by management to juggle and manipulate people's schedules as often as possible, with the exception of a few, favored people. This corporate culture went above my store (which was shut down) and on up into our divisional management, as well.
I would highly recommend finding somewhere else to work. – less
Awful management
Merchandising Product Specialist (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: low pay
Things started out well when I began work here on my college summer break, but by the end it was a disaster. My co-wrokers were great, but the district and store managers got to be awful. Raises were almost non-existent to the point where I told them "they could keep the nickel per hour raise so we both knew where we stand".
Great to learn about sales, very limited room for advancement.
HBG Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: low pay, high hours
While the sales training is good, the hours and benefits are not the most suitable. Lower end promotions come with greater responsibility, extremely high hours with no extra benefits or increased pay.
Fun work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 18, 2014
I was a manager at Best Buy. What I loved the most about my day was interacting with my associates, peers, and customers.
Productive workplace
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Destin, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: friendships, fun environment
Cons: hours, policy issues
I usually come into work and immediately begin my days with a walk through the store looking for any merchandise packaging that was left from the night before. Ensure that all safety issues are complied with, and any paperwork that needs to be handled for the other asset protection agents that will be coming in later. Hardest part of the job is knowing – more... that if a theft occurs there is only so much I would be able to do per Best Buy policy. But I would have to say the best part of the job is the amount of friends I've made thus far and I hope I can make more in the future. – less
Daily work
Home Theater Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Fayette, PADecember 18, 2014
- Manage daily performance metrics through employee development
- Compose and implement daily/ monthly strategies to increase revenue and margins
- On board local businesses in “Best Buy for Business Program”
- Leader of employee experience program “Viewpoint”
very good place but was seasonal job
Sales Support (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYDecember 18, 2014
very good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal – more... jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal jobvery good place but was seasonal job – less
Worst company to work for ever stay away
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 17, 2014
They will drain you completely. Best buy does not care about their employees after working there for 3 years and stepping up into a leaders role after not having a manager for 7 months they want to squeeze every single last bit of energy that you have.
Good Part Time
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Lanham, MDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: management, hours, high turn over
Cons: pay, e-learnings
Management is GREAT! some RUDES CUSTOMERS BUT THATS TYPICAL. HIGH TURN OVER NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO COVER SHIFTS.
Horrible training, no support from managers.
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), North CarolinaDecember 17, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no benefits for part timers, short breaks, no support from management
My first week the manager of my department was on vacation and I was left with coworkers who made it very obvious they did not want to teach me anything or deal with working with a new person. The managers seemed to want to avoid speaking with customers or assisting us with issues and would sometimes just refuse to show up when asked for help, so I – more... am wondering what they are getting paid for beside making the schedule and telling us to make them more money. The activations system in mobile was an utter joke and not streamlined whatsoever. Pay was a joke, I made more per hour working at a gas station when I was in college. Maybe I would have had a better experience in a different department or a different store. – less
Fast pace and fun workplace
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: work life balance
Working with talented individuals that provide a great service to the customer with having fun at what you do.
Great Company and Good People
Corporate Office Employee (Current Employee), Richfield, MNDecember 16, 2014
Having moved around through this company I have gotten to work with various managers and employees. It obviously varies person to person but I really felt each manager actually cared which was nice and they do have a desire to help you improve your skills.
great beginner job for college and high school students
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: poor scheduling
ideal beginner job. great for those with no other responsibilities. I learned a lot about technology. co-workers were helpful, managers too busy to assist. somewhat favoritism in the departments. Hardest part of my job was giving forth 100% at my job and not being recognized. The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Customer assistance enviornment
Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Smyrna, GADecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount bonuses
Cons: open on holidays no weekends off underpaid
A typical day at Best Buy was a lot of customer interactions. Customer service by assisting customer with their needs. Talking to customers about the different computer products processers and software. I learned the differences in computer hardware processors memory and hard drives. Management kept a pressure filled environment to meet sales goals – more... everyday as well as other duties as far as maintaining the department. I enjoyed working with my co-workers in the store. Meeting my sales goal was a challenge everyday because some days would be slower than others. I enjoyed working with customers and teaching them about computers. – less
it was ok.
apparel associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 16, 2014
I worked here while completing some college courses. Its retail and has alot of other teens working there so it got dramatic quickly. Its a nice business to work for. I just had to quit due to needing more time at school.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more