Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 12,898 reviews matching the search
Fast paced, but enjoyable.
Delivery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 26, 2017
Working at Best buy helped me move forward in a lot of ways as far as how the retail industry works in all aspects. Great for entry level positions with potential to advance with dedication.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant management changes
Fun workplace, educational !
Verizon Expert (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2017
Keeps you up to date with the newest tech and what's going on in the world. Good managers. Fast paced company. Deal with customer issues and very big purchases
Pros
Managers
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJuly 26, 2017
Best Buy is a great place to work. Fast paced retail environment.the culure
Has an almost addictive quality about it. Plenty of opportunities to learn from challenge and change.
BestBuy always has an easy setting with friendly coworkers and helpful team leaders.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2017
Before store hours I set ads and made sure "signage" was up-to-date for every week, during store hours I was either taking inventory, down stocking or putting out breakage tags for damaged merchandise. After hours I was setting planograms, our store was going through a floor change. After I became pregnant I was assigned strictly to inventory, searching the floor for anything that needed to be restocked.
Pros
With close range of home.
Cons
Management was new and schedules would often clash.
excellent place to be
RETAIL ASSOCIATE/ D.T (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 26, 2017
I came in scared to death of I'm going to be shy for a while but it all worked out just fine staff was always there to help if you needed it, customers was always polite haven't ran into and anger customer in best buy at all. my days would always fly by fast when I'm there, there was always work to be done customers to assist. excellent job for start off.. management was perfect to my judgement.
Pros
great benefit, bounous, great staff
Cons
have to stay in the department your hired in
Poor management and awful scheduling
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2017
Management never seems to have a clue whats going on and tends to avoid working as often as possible. Will always inform you have how bad you're doing but never offer any new instruction on how to improve. Same conversations every month about your metrics.
Great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 26, 2017
Would recommend to all students. Scheduling is extremely flexible! A lot of room for advancement and growth. Also really enjoyed the discounts given...
Very good place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 25, 2017
Really great place to start or even advance in. Would defiantly recommend to a friend or someone who is just starting out in the workforce. Never hated being at work.
Decent place to work
Assitant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 25, 2017
It was easy to advance but once you got into management it was horrible. They expect your whole life to revolve around the company and the pay isn't that great for management.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay, hours
productive and fun place to work!!!
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 25, 2017
Best Buy was a great job, I worked here throughout college. The hours were very flexible where allowed to work full-time hours and attend school full-time. I love it. The only reason I resume, i wanted to start to work in my field when i graduated college this past December 2016.
Pros
discounts, flexible hours, close-knit enviroment
Cons
working on every holiday, except Christmas.
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 25, 2017
I worked at Best Buy for six years For the first two, I was a part time employee working 30 hours a week as sales associate. For the last four, I was fortunate enough to remain on as a seasonal employee working holidays and in the summer when I returned home from school.

My duties mostly revolved around sales. I worked in computers as such I had intimate knowledge of a variety of pc, laptop and tablet devices. As well as the protection plans Best Buy offered to maintain them.

The best thing Best Buy taught me is that good customer interactions make all the difference. If you offer your customer an upbeat, friendly interaction, coupled with good product knowledge, they are not only more likely to take you seriously, they are much more likely to buy something.

The most enjoyable thing about Best Buy, aside from the great employee discount, is getting to know people, customers and co-workers alike, and spending time learning about cool new gadgets and toys.

The worst part was doing all the paper work that comes with each customer interaction. A laborious activity which once your familiar with the questions and concerns Best Buy wants you to address only detracts from a quality customer experience.
Pros
Employee discount, and fun interaction
Cons
Paper work, average pay, poor health benefits
fast pace
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 25, 2017
Management often cared more about numbers than there own employees. Good place to learn customer service at a young age. The customer always comes first.
Fun Place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 25, 2017
My location was typically slow, so not only did you have to sell things to the customers that did come in, but you had other tasks to do as well. A typical day consisted of greeting and understanding what the customer needs or wants and during the downtime re stocking shelves or making sure displays worked. I learned a lot about electronics and how they can be utilized in the home. Management was good at first, but then started to fall off as time went by.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Management, hours, pay
Fun workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJuly 24, 2017
I got along great with all of my co-workers. During our breaks we were allowed to play video games in the break room so that we would be current on what games were trending.
Great Company, great people
Operations Senior Leader/ (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Good sales experience and if you work hard enough, you can easily advance with the company.

Does not pay a great deal in the beginning.
Friendly Environment
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYJuly 24, 2017
Best Buy was a friendly environment, although pay and benefits were not good in my opinion. I was successful in my position but the pay was minimal. I worked here during college.
Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2017
Worked there for 6 yrs and loved every minute. Great pay and great people. Would go back. The only reason i left, was after being there for 6 years, I wanted to move up and it was hard for me to do so and I feel that they made it harder then it needed to be.
Hugely negative behaviors by so called "leaders" and execs
Senior Samsung Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
For the most part, micromanagement rules. Very often preferential promotions to those that are excessive backscratchers and/or click via sports. NO raises on certain promotions yet a thousand more responsibilities and respective accountability applies. Management and corporate are METRICS-focused rather than OVERALL-performance focused. For instance, one of the newest co-workers to join the BBY Mobile team before I quit could sell ANYTHING (most of the time deceiving the customer) but would never do other duties such as cleaning or correctly re-stocking or perfectly price changing weekly or Asset Protection checks/rounds or spider-wrap applicable products yet management would do little to nothing to correct his bad behaviors even if promptly reported.
Fun workplace
Media Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2017
Love working with people and best buy is a company that has a lot of customers in there daily shopping. Great team members. but the pay was so so. love all the new technology when it come in.
Great Job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
Every aspect of the job is great from co-workers to management to work environment. The best part is the fast paced non stop work you do because it keeps you busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval