Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 10,134 reviews matching the search
A great beginning and a necessary end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 21, 2016
I initially enjoyed my time at Best Buy. My manager and direct supervisor were easy to talk to and worked to make the in-store experience enjoyable for not only the customers but the employees as well. The store underwent a managerial restructure which forced those managers out and brought in an under qualified group. This led to the store's downfall.
can be very rewarding
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 21, 2016
Great company to work for as long as you are with the right managers. Can be a very rewarding experience and you can grow very quickly if you work hard.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
work life balance can be difficult
Na
Electronics Sales/Auto-Tech Audio Installer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Na. Management isn't as great and the culture isn't that great either. Managers are constantly breathing down your neck.
Great benefits
Microsoft Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 20, 2016
good discounts of the products offered .... if you are looking to have your weekend off look some where else ...it is a great place to become tech savy
Fun place to work
IT Consultant - Ecommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNSeptember 20, 2016
I really enjoy working at Best Buy. The only reason why I am posting my resume is to see what else is out there and if possible a better job offer.
Alright for now
Computing Department Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 20, 2016
If you're looking for a decent part time job with higher than minimum wage it's a good job. Management at the store i work at isn't bad,manager are generally pretty laid back.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
terrible store closing structure
Good
Home Theater Installer (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work, flexible work schedules to accommodate school, good management, and ability to grow within the organization.
Great and fun workplace where everyone got along.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 20, 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and Best Buy in general. There was a lot to learn and it was all very exciting learning all of these new things. My co-workers were amazing, as well as the management. The hardest part would be working at the customer service desk because there was a lot to do over in that area. The best part about the job was the benefits and being close with my co-workers, really being able to get to know them.
very nice place to work at
Project Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
This is a pleasant place to work at. Nice environment and fair staff and management. I would recommend this company. I would recommend this company.
Productive workplace for televisions
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 19, 2016
I work at best buy as a sales consultant In the home theater department selling televisions. Typically customers will come in trying to get ideas of pricing and sizes of the different televisions that's are available. The most difficult part of the occupation is understanding the customers conserns about scheduling for delivery. Those are small issues for I can upload and escalation for the customer to receive the product at a sooner date. Customers also tend to want the best for the cheapest. To overcome that small obsticle I must shoe the value of the product to the customer
It was ok
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 19, 2016
The job was ok for a start. The pay is not competitive. As a matter of a fact you won't make much (regardless of experience). The discount is the best part.
Pros
Discount
Sales - Computing
Computers/Tablets Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Would show up, power on computers, check where the company numbers were at, set my daily goal, then opened the store. Great company. Rented text books for 79% off through Best Buy.
Productive and Fun Work Enviornement
Computer Sales (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Great experience, professional work enviornement, team leads are great will guide you through step by step and will help you improve skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Computer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 18, 2016
Working at Best Buy was an amazing experience. I learned how to work as a team, help customers, show patience and share knowledge. As a sales consultant, you need to always be ready to help, listen, and communicate. This job helped me learn how to do this well and I genuinely enjoyed it.

A typical day as a computer sales consultant includes: making sure your department is clean and organized, answering questions for and holding conversations with potential customers, assessing needs, demoing product, showing value in a customized way, and making a sale. Make sure you know your department as well as others so you can always help.

It's overall a great job with a company that cares about its employees as much as its customers.
Pros
Constant training available for products, great discount, good environment
Great Place to Work
Computing, Customer Service, Operations and HR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2016
This is easily one of the best retail companies I have ever worked for. It is a family more than a job and everyone works to meet those numbers that always hang over our heads. I can't say enough positive about this place every since they "relaunched" under new management.
Pros
Family, Work Life Balance, Advancement Opportunities or ability to "Master" a position you love.
Cons
Retail - so hours can be difficult at times.
fun place to tech lovers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I worked here for 1 year and in that year i came to know very lovely people at the company and learned a lot about the retail world.
Amazing Company
HOME THEATER SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Topsham, MESeptember 17, 2016
Best Buy is an amazing company to work for. The people are amazing and you really become a family. The management really takes the time to listen and improve the workplace if there are any issues.
Best company I've ever worked for.
Samsung Experience Consultant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 17, 2016
Best Buy was by far the best company I have ever worked for. They highly value not only their customers, but also their employees. There was plenty of opportunity for advancement and reward for those of us that show we worked hard. Not event he smallest of achievements would go unnoticed. They were always willing to teach you new things and would go above and beyond to help prepare you for advancement in the company. We were frequently sent out for training on new products and they made the learning experience fun and memorable. I loved working for this company and I will never forget what they have taught me. I have become a much better person as a whole.
Pros
Perfect management, plenty of training, rewards, plenty of opportunities.
Cons
None.
Great interactions with people
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2016
Its a great place to work however, my hours are not that great at the moment. I want benefits but they dont offer it for part timers.
job
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTSeptember 16, 2016
company is a time bomb waiting to go off, they act like it has recovered but when you see maybe 20 customers come in from 10am-2pm its not a company that will last.