Best Buy
6,653 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Decent part-time job while I was in and out of college.
Media Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Learning about new products
Cons: Poor pay and hours
Typical day included constant attention to customer's needs and inquiries. Learned about various hardware and software in all departments overtime. Management was okay, lacked in leadership skills and assisting coworkers when under pressure from customer(s), some managers, not all of them. Hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours and pay. Enjoyed learning about new gadgets and products.
Awesome people and entertaining role
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Awesome discount
Cons: Rapidly changing environment
A typical day consists of lots of movement throughout the store and assisting many peers with various work related issues.
I have learned a great deal about inventory control and research.
Co-workers are probably the most laid back people ever. They are easy to learn from and fun to work with. It is hard to not get along with coworkers at best buy, everyone is actually pretty close.
Hardest part of my job would be trying to complete a large amount of work in a small amount of time. It is fun to learn and do my work, but sometimes it can get overwhelming. Trying to develop the right rhythm really helps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely being abble to learn and execute new roles.
Worked well with my school schedule
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 28, 2015
Needed a job that was willing to work with my availability and this was the perfect one. At times it was very stressful but overall I enjoyed working there.
Best Buy Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILJuly 28, 2015
At Best Buy our sales force takes on a variety of role's; whether it's selling big, teaching customers, locating the right solution, or keeping the floor clean, there is always something to do or to learn.
best buy
Install Technician (Former Employee), Jensen, UTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: cutting edge technology.
Cons: none
best job I ever had. I drove for them for 10 years. If you are committed- they take care of their employees. They treat you like family.
First Rate
Analyst (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: There are some
Cons: Some of those too.
Incredibly ethical company that values it's employees as much as it's customers. Management is a complete meritocracy wherein everyone's voice is heard. Couldn't recommend it more to anyone who wants to understand how a Fortune 500 Retail company is run.
Good working place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 27, 2015
I good place for a college kid to earn some extra money for some beer but doesnt pay very well for what you do. Job can be very fun though.
Fun easy College with a flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: company discount
Cons: Management
Typical is clocking morning inventory then wiped down the display and power on the compute.

Assist customers with any questions, write down any useful customer information, sale contact and program/ activate the phone.

Management is unusually not in touch with the customers or employee they just promote sales, sales, sales.
very productive comfortable work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Leader (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: nice break room with plenty of free snacks and drinks
Cons: short breaks and always rushed
friendly work place with helpful co workers
always busy helped me build my job experience. Managers where very understanding.
Its okay and it was a job but not something i see myself working there for more than a year.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good sales
Cons: poor on training, team work
The staff was unprofessional.
Employees didn't pay attention to the customers.
Never work as a team. on their phones and goofing off.
No proper training, too much favoritism.
Constant Restructure and Micro Management
Merchandising/Inventory (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits/Discount
Cons: management/Leadership
after 6 years with the company i have experience a lot of ups and downs depending on what position i was working or what store location i was assigned to. overall this company has been good to me but it is time to move on to something better.
Productive and Fun
Multi-Channel Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJuly 27, 2015
Fun and easy job. Like to talk and interact with all of my customers. Treating customers like family. never wanted to leave.
self motivating job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greater Broward countyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: discounts on electronics
Cons: poor management
This company was great for learning more about new electronic products that come out on a weekly basis.
What I got most out of working for them, was to set up new electronic displays, including, video game consoles, televisions, home theater equipment, and other devices that are seen on the sales floor.
Management was poor, I believe the stores could do a better job on how they treat their employees.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Poor management
Best Buy is a fun place to work but it's very hard to make career advancements. You have to transfers stores in order to make more money.
2 time employee
Home Theater Specialist/ MGR. Training Program (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: discounts, lunches, development training
Cons: pay
I have had been employed there twice and had success both times. Its a fun faced passed and customer focused. I have won many awards and even a Gold watch.
Enjoyable Workplace
Mobiles Sales Associate, Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co-workers
Cons: there was a lot required and little pay
There was always work to be done, between customers and store duties. We were given 15-30 minute lunch breaks. I learned communication skill because we were always talking to people whether it was on the phone or with customers or with other employees. I learned how to work with various computer programs. We were required to memorize and explain multiple phone services and plans as well as the pros and cons to distinct cell phones. We had to know about as much product in the store as we could. I learned how to organize the store and make sure that it looked presentable. The hardest part of the job for me personally was the holidays because we had so many hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment that was there, it was just a fun place to be.
Poor communication, lack of opportunity, and hostile work environment.
PC Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Pinole CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Everything.
No skills required, no support for new hires, not enough advancement to keep employees, lack of teamwork and no sense of community.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Fair pay, flexible hours
Cons: Managers will backdoor you, not promised a break
Great place to work as a student. Managers are fair but play favorites when it comes to advancement. Alot of talking behind your back will occur. While working there I was never approached directly by the GM eventhough he worked 10 hour days at least 4 days a week. Everything was told to my immdiate supervisor and then told to me.
installing car audio equipment. selling to customers.
Geek Squad Agent (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: discount, insurance, and 401k
Cons: favortism, no recognition hardly
On a typical day I would be in a car installing new equipment or troubleshooting previously installed products. On slow days I try to sell to customers or train my co-workers on car installation products and selling techniques. I have learned how to use a DMM, how to troubleshoot better. The management is pretty good most days but, sometimes you end up feeling like you are not part of a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the downtime. I love the expressions I get from my client's when I demo their new equipment for them.
Fun Environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJuly 27, 2015
People were fun to work with here, learned a lot about sales here and it was fun during the day for the most part, The trucks were probably the hardest part about the job but it was enough people to help out so it wasn't that bad

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries