Best Buy
5,260 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

s
Multi Channel Sales Agent (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYDecember 14, 2014
great place to work. great work environment. coworkers are pretty cool. its honestly a family when you work there
Hard to move up
Customer Service (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 14, 2014
2 months ago it would have been 5 stars all around but at the Eagan location in which I work I applied to get a full time position and I didn't get it. Reasoning was I wasn't consistent enough. The a coworker got a promotion who is always flirting with the install guy and co workers and is wondering out of her zone which is frowned upon. The she gets – more... on us when we do it once for 5 min. She will be gone for up to a few hrs at a time. – less
Products and a fun work environment with a lot of learning.
Multi Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 13, 2014
Get to work and answer calls, sell over the phone as well as do all in store pickups.
I learned how to productively answer a switchboard phone and handle multiple phone conversations. It increased my multitasking, and grew my patience.
Management had some problems.
The hardest thing was management.
Most enjoyable was my customers and coworkers.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 12, 2014
I work with customers on a daily basis. I am involved in gaming, digital camera, I get along with all my co-workers
fast pace
General Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: season
jobs invented and changes many time during course of a year changes strategies often
General Manger (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Focus was on driving solutions. Most enjoyable part of work was employee engagement. Best Buy was instrumental in my growth on the business side, but I was unsure of where the company was heading for in the future.
Good culture, hard move up in the company due to restructure.
Product Process Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: products and poeple.
Cons: job security
Best buy was a truly fun place to work, however the lack of awareness of thier competitors advancement with online shopping caused the company too many losses and restructuring became a common thing, job security wasnt there.
It wasn't bad
Connectivity Supervisor (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: they expect you to not have another life if you are in leadership
Now that i am looking at over companies, Best Buy pays well but its a lot of your life you give them.
Relax environment and fun co workers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mira Mesa, CADecember 10, 2014
Going to work and feeling comfortable and being able to talk to customers without feeling rushed
Decent first Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the food
My day was very fast pace and overall busy through out the whole day we had or slow moments but it would pick right back up and get busy. I learned how to run a cash register and drive thru here first as my first job. My co-workes we fair and easy going. Management was decent. The hadest part of the job was just learning how to keep up with the fast – more... pace of a fast food restaurant. I enjoyed the food the most and working drive thru. – less
exciting and challenging
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Joplin, MODecember 9, 2014
service sales, responsible for financial corrections and transactions, shipping logistics and service person accountability
all about the bonus
Computer technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: terrible work hours
not sure how it is now but back in my days it was about telling the customer one thing and getting them to either buy something they really don't need or to add something "free" when checking out when in fact it was not.

Was actually told lies about the "warranties" to tell the customers.
Great place to work.
Various Volunteer positions also for the Parish (Former Employee), Earth City, MODecember 9, 2014
• Processed time records and compiled payroll statistics.
• Reviewed and directed review of personnel records to determine rates of pay and occupations of newly hired workers, changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll.
• Reports included time-and-attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical – more... records of performance data.

• Served as dispatcher for field technicians. – less
Not what I was expecting.
Sales Floor Associate - Portable Media & Gaming (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: the breakroom had a home theater system in it.
Cons: training, pay, managers, some employees not valued or appreciated
I hadn't worked at Best Buy for very long. My first few months were spent on a computer where I took numerous training courses that didn't apply to the position I was hired for. I wasn't able to start my Sales Floor training until I had my computer courses completed. Once I finally made it out onto the sales floor, I was paired up with a few associates – more... to go over the basics of the products and the layout of the store and the departments. After that, I was on my own to greet and assist any customers that came into my department. Any questions I had about certain products were left unanswered as the fellow associates and managers were usually too busy juggling customers throughout the store. Every day felt the same.

I began having one or two shifts a week as a cashier on the front end. I enjoyed being on a register much more than working in the departments. I was able to interact with more customers while being on a register. I felt as though I was playing a more important, meaningful role while I was working up front. – less
Good
Warehouse and Sales Support (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
Worked in the warehouse and gave customers TV's. Good place to learn about the item management system.
Not room for advancement at store
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Plantation, FLDecember 8, 2014
Inventory is the worst deparment. Your job duties are endless and your pay is low
RougNot the most team oriented place to work.
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the customer service experience, but it was not a very employee friendly place. I did enjoy making the customer experience a good one.
Sales Manager / Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: to many restructures
Great place to work but company restructures to often no job security.
Good college job not enough hours
Consultation Agent (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 8, 2014
- Checking in client's computers and assisting in repairing them.
- Better software skills
- Management was pretty good there, but they would play favorites
- Co-workers were all good to work around
- putting up with angry clients
- fixing computers
Good Place Hard Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Katy, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
Explain to customers the way a product works.
Sell Insurance plans to them.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more