Best Buy
5,734 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Great Co-Workers and Discounts will make you want to stay.
Geek Squad Consultant Agent (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: amazing discounts, great co-workers
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
Great Co-Workers and the great discounts will make you want to stay and make many people comfortable in this job. Advancement is different based on the store location but is nearly impossible to move up big in the Pembroke Pines location in a short amount of time. Co-Workers are great and they become sort of like family. You learn a great deal about whatever department you are working in. The hardest part about the job is dealing with rude/nasty customers and sometimes favoritism is played with management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side your co workers and the amazing discounts you get. Overall a great store to work for and an amazing job to get you through school and if you wanted to move to management it may take 5+ years but it may be worth it. Pay for management is great.
Fun place to work
Advance Repair Agent (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 24, 2015
It's always a new experience everyday working at BestBuy.
You have a lot of support from co-workers and managers.
Hardest part of the job is not being able to make a client walk away happy.
Best part of this job is being able to do what I love, fixing and testing new tech.
Fun coworkers
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: low pay
The non-commission atmosphere makes for some pretty laid-back coworkers. Even though you can make almost four times as much money working for Verizon or AT&T, I have enjoyed working in Best Buy Mobile.
Productive and Meet different type of people
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee), Atascocita, TXFebruary 23, 2015
I worked at Best buy for two months,It was an amazing experience. I love working during the Holiday season because we were always busy helping our customers and co-workers.The management was consistentlyhelpful and answer all my questions in things I was new to. Best buy always has our motto in helping each other in anything and we try to make the customer happy.
Great gig
Consultation Agent Geek Squad (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 23, 2015
I loved being a Geek Squad agent. Good pay good experience and good chance to work with customers. Its a great launch pad for anyone interested in the tech support field.
Fun Environment as well as fantastic management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 23, 2015
A usual day at Best Buy is conversing with customers and answer all questions that a customer may have. I learned a lot about Best Buy's products and I learned to better communicate with individuals.
The management is very supportive and they do not yell at you, they only help you and pick you up if you are having a bad day.

I thoroughly enjoy showing up to work because of who I work with. They make work enjoyable and interesting!

The hardest part of the job is telling the customer that we do not have anymore of a certain product in store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and my co-workers.
cool
Sales Consultant - PC/Tablets (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 23, 2015
cool it was really fun and enjoyable and cool and stuff and like yeah and well i mean just work there and see for yourself and duasdfasdfasfd
Managment does not help when needed
I started there in 2007 as a sales assistant (Former Employee), pittsburghFebruary 23, 2015
There is no life/work balance and the training provided is not close to what is needed for your day to day tasks. More worried about sending an email and recapping than making he business a success.
sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2015
I had 7 department managers under me most of my day was walking around making sure all the customer were being waited on and training
Fun and hardworking
Warehouse Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), San Carlos, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: the break room
Cons: the parking lot
Tracked and adjusted inventory with data collection tools. Interacted with customers and explained new technology products. Ensured all clients left happy and satisfied by quickly resolving customer service issues.
Fun and laid back, great experience
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Arden, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: fed us quite often, happy managers, laid back
Cons: boring!
-Most customers are nice!
-Managers are outstanding!
-Co-workers are also friendly and helpful
-Good experience, learned great people and problem solving skills!
A decent job, but not many career opportunities
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: near impossible to advance
It's next to impossible to advance within Best Buy if you're not one of the manager's favorite employees. The only reason to work there is if you shop there a lot. But beware, the temptations of the employee discount might keep you around a lot longer than you'd like to be.
Payed to sell toys!
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Salt Lake, UTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: access to knowledge and discounts.
Cons: black friday.
Educating customers on a complete, and custom solution.
Playing with and learning about all of the latest technology.
Retail position with no comission pressure
Sales - Cell Phones & Cameras (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good discount
It wasn't a bad place to work, there was no commission so you didn't have that pressure however there were always a lot of other quotas and metrics you encouraged to hit that didn't involve or over any extra compensation.
Fun Place to Work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Love working here. This is a great place to grow and learn about retail sales. Best Buy has great company values and all employees are proud to say they work for the company
Its okay, not the best
sales Consultant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good start pay, discount
Cons: hours drop after holiday, starting pay
-Management will either like or dislike you
-You'll spend years trying to advance in the company
-They will keep you after hours to clean even for the smallest things
-You have to meet revenue per hour which will really determine your -hours to be honest.
-Company care more about the customers than the employees
-Forget about the holidays
typical sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INFebruary 20, 2015
limited hours with limited pay. no commission added to base pay so it is hard to build a solid career there. nice people and great training. nice job for early sales experience.
Good for College students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), NHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: short breaks
It was a good experience and I learned about sales. Cross selling, upselling, retail and how to read a sales report. I enjoyed working with the co-workers there.
Awesome place to work
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pay, advancement opportunity, co-workers, training, discount
The co-workers are great and management is awesome. They throw breakfast/lunch spreads during all store meetings. A typical day at work consists of a morning meeting and handling the sales floor there after. The pay is decent and there is room for advancement. This store has amazing employee training and builds a lot of confidence for sales associates. Overall a great place to work.
Good starter Job
Counter Operations / Agent (Former Employee), N Riverside, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts are great
Cons: hours
Awesome place to work for a first time job
I was a part timer with no benefits
Great discounts
Easy promotions
Meetings are great
You get recognized for the work you put in

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more