Best Buy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,011 reviews matching the search
Decent place to work
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 18, 2016
This was a seasonal position and very few people work full time apart from the managers. There was a little flexibility in work times but not during the peak times of course. Management was always friendly. The hardest part was the down time between customers during slow days. ( I am a stay-busy type of person though so this may differ for someone else). I enjoyed being able to interact with customers and help them find what they really needed.
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
Not a full time position
Great work experience
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2016
Best Buy provides a great place to start a career, to learn and grow. They cultivate a culture that is accepting and inclusive. I would recommend that anyone interested in Technology or Sales would benefit from working there.
Best supporting Cast!!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2016
Not only did I like my job – I loved my job – and I loved working with all of the people there who made such a huge commitment to our work. When I first started working here I was totally amazed by the programs and how the QA teams worked with the contractors. I came in with lots of hands on skill and they allowed me the freedom to work. IT BLEW ME AWAY!!
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Relocated for the position
Simple/Monotonous work
Consultation Agent (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 17, 2016
While working as a Consultation Agent for Best Buy's Geek Squad, I further developed my interpersonal skills and sales skills more than I did my technical aptitude. The job title says it all, you spend the majority of your time dealing with unruly customers that vent their frustrations with their lack of understanding technology on you. The job description includes things like repairs on pc's but mostly all you do is functionality checks on devices in order to get them back out on to the sales floor. While the pay is decent for the level of skill required, the hours are not friendly to home life what-so-ever. Management is hit or miss - either you have a supervisor that cares sincerely about their job and their employee's/customers or you have a supervisor that cares more about hitting bonus.Job advancement is abysmal, out of the 10 agents that work the precinct, only one is full time. Your hours are reliant solely on productivity of the precinct so the less customers you have, the less hours you work. This creates for very little advancement within the company. Benefits are very minimal if you work part time.
Pros
Decent pay for minimal skill
Cons
Unfriendly hours, monotonous, tedious and little advancement
Good Start bad Career
Apple Master / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2016
You learn a lot at Best Buy. But when management changes, it all changes.

It becomes a kiss up battle.
In fact you can be the very best in corporate but will be turned down promotions simply because you are not liked by management.
Pros
Great Discounts
Best Buy
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIAugust 17, 2016
Over the past 16 years I have been working for Best Buy and am grateful for everything it has offered me. I learned how to communicate better with employees and customers on a day to day basis. The culture at Best Buy is very strong and welcoming to all different kinds of people. I enjoy the people that work around and with me. The hardest part of the job is when the systems do not allow you to fulfill the customer promises. I enjoy teaching people about technology and how it can make life easier/funner.

I recommend Best Buy to anyone who is looking for a fresh start and wanting to grow into leadership.
Pros
Great Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k
Cons
Customer Facing 100% of the time, back end paperwork is not completed accurately/thoroughly.
Great company
Back Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
A company which encourages teamwork and professional development. Best Buy is a great place to start your career and establish foundational skills. An invaluable experience that I am so thankful for.
Pros
Team structured bonus, great professional development culture, fun place to work
Cons
Don't always get breaks, staffing issues at times
Ringing up huge purchases and selling protection plans
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 17, 2016
Working at Best Buy was your standard cashier job. Daily task were making sure the check out lanes our clean, soda/candy was stocked, ringing people up, and selling Best Buy protection plans on electronic items. Working Black Friday was the most exciting day and was definitely an experience I will never forget.
very fun workp[lace, family oriented company.
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 17, 2016
Coming to work was always something I looked forward to, the co workers, the management, all were fun to work with. It was always business first and fun second.
Pros
employee discounts were awesome
Cons
short breaks
Un-Productive
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2016
Sometimes its slow, and when you ask to help with something else management doesn't want you to help your other co-workers. Very stress full, must be on your toes at all times, I like that always on the move. Not good with Health-care offer for workers, co-workers do not work well together, when I try to help co-workers they seen taken aback. co-workers here seen as if they are not happy with their job..
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad health care plan
Great retail stores to work while in school
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 16, 2016
One of the best company in terms of retail but depending on the location. the management and overall job culture can be toxic. best buy is a very safe financial bet of you are still attending school. depending on the store location, the job environment can be high school like.
Work family
Administration/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2016
The pay was not good but the atmosphere made it worth it.
Client saver, fast paced environment, great management, co-workers turned into family.
Pros
Best buy discount
Cons
laid off
great environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2016
I would help customers find the devices that best fit their needs. I would clean, stock and organize when in down time. Management was awesome to work for as they always had contests and fun events to keep the team together and upbeat.
exciting, transient awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 15, 2016
Provide personalized service and exceptional level of expertise on products for customers Execute day-to-day media platform transformation tactics
Recommendation of pricing packages to customers with the intent helping the customer make a great purchase; knowledge on all digital media; always up to date with the latest software, in order to provide information when asked by the customer
Provide the utmost customer service, for every sale and have a satisfied customer with the reassurance of them returning
na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 14, 2016
Customer Service, Cash Register, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, and customers
Great beginning to a career
Multi-Channel and Home Theater Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2016
I've enjoyed my experience here at Best Buy. As with any job, there will be complications and issues. Overall, my experience has taught me a lot! Definitely will get you prepared for your career.
Was fun as a kid
Merchandiser and Inventory (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2016
I loved that employee discount never had anything come anywhere near as close. Didn't get much hours but I was just a kid in school so I never complained.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 13, 2016
I enjoy working in customer service and being able to assist each customers needs, resolve their problems and allowing them to leave happy.
Great company
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job is that you learn something new everyday and being able to make the customer happy about making the right decision that fits their needs. is a great feeling customer is always first.
Stressful but enjoyable workplace
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work can sometimes be slow and some days busy, but whatever day it is, there is always something to do. Most of my managers are really cool but there are a few that I question their professionalism, nonetheless the environment at Best Buy is enjoyable. My coworkers are the best and that's probably the best part of the job, is seeing them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, but through my time at Best Buy, I've learned to not take things personally and to let it go.