Best Buy
5,167 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Productive, competitive and fun work environment
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 14, 2014
My store is super fun and we all have high goals we set to achieve as a team while having a lot of fun.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great discount especially on open box items, my immediate supervisor and team members are great, pleasant atmosphere to work
Cons: too much pressure for gsp attachments and best buy credit card.
Great place to work. Generally employee have great work ethics and take pride in their job. For the most part managers are good. not much space for growth but they prepare you for professional world.
fun atmosphere to work in
Customer Service Specialist-Cashier (Former Employee), Muskegon, MINovember 14, 2014
It always fun to go to work and interact with customers and sell the product.
Good People in a Bad Enviornment
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Pottstown, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: great employees, consistent emphasis on training
Cons: little room for advancement, sales driven work force often neglects customer concerns
I worked at Best Buy for three years from 2011 to 2014. I typically rang up customers, helped locate and inform customers on products, and kept the assets of Best secure from customer and employee theft. I was required to learn the operation of CCTV and maintenance on CCTV and the filing of paper work such as Police Reports.I also kept up to date on – more... any products being sold to better help customers. Management at Best Buy usually did not get directly involved with my job as it was not sales related, but when they did it was often to monitor employee behavior. I assisted my co-workers in teaching them work place safety as well as ways to deter theft. Best Buy employed some great people and it was a joy working there as you met new people everyday and were able to help them utilize new technology in their lives. Best Buy is a retail giant and as such sales is the number one priority. Often times, asset protection would be overlooked due to the focus on sales which made my job that much harder. Best Buy also likes to utilize people, but not always to their full potential. If you are in a position that you excel at your chances of being promoted diminish greatly. – less
Early work hours with low pay
Stocker (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 13, 2014
If you're a young night owl, this job is for you. Don't expect competitive pay or much chance for advancement.
Good benefits fun enviroment
Home Theater Installer (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PANovember 13, 2014
Mostly a good place to work with a fun team and the freedom to be out of the store that comes with being an installer. Local management rarely understood my job and responsibilities so they were no help when issues came up. District leadership was good but too far away to be effective for immediate issues.
Best Buy
Sales Phone Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, NCNovember 12, 2014
My co-workers were amazing we created our own little family. But trying to grow with in the company is very challenging they often hired people from outside the company for advanced positions or transferred people from different stores.
Cool break room, friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Carmel, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: some days with little customer interaction
Ok job if you plan to make a lot of purchases in the store. If you're a cashier, work may get repetitive and if the store is not busy, you may not get a lot of customer interaction.
Eats you alive more than any other retail job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Santee, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: interacting with people, training and honing your skills, learning about technology, benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons: pay, promotions, management, constant restructure resulting in position and title changes, lack of community
Do you like missing Thanksgiving dinner with your family so you can catch some sleep before "Black Friday"? Do you enjoy endless promises of promotion by management just to be undercut by the company's constant restructuring? If so, then Best Buy is the place for you!
Eats you alive more than any other retail job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Santee, CANovember 12, 2014
great company
Customer Service Agent, Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Downey, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: management wasnt great. terrible communication.
its an overall great company with good pay. loved working with alot of amazing people.
fun and good experience working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), stroudsburg,paNovember 11, 2014
was to make sure all merchandise was presentable
my co-workers were fun and easy to work with as well as helpful
Fun atmosphere
Wireless Expert (Former Employee), Montclair, CANovember 11, 2014
I loved working here. Staff was easy to get along with. Atmosphere was great.
Company Left Something to be Desired
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, random schedule, no room to advance, wages
You always hear of "that one employee that started from the bottom, and ended up at corporate"...While possible, this is a company that you have to know someone to help get you there. Even as top salesperson, you get little to no recognition, and when attempting to advance in the company, they generally don't hire from within (at least in my experiences), – more... will even use the excuse that "you're over qualified" to bring in another manager's friend.

My store was a smaller scale store, and I believe that's why it was harder to advance, very frustrating – less
Overall great place to work and create a career
Multi-Channel Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Explained in my resumeNovember 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount and bonuses (for leadership only)
Cons: inconsistent shifts from week to week and odd work hours, limits ones ability to spend quality time with family
Every job has its ups and downs, but Best Buy was very good about listening and adapting to change from customers and employees, so my overall experience was a positive one. Stressful during the winter months and some holidays throughout the year, but mostly an easy to manage retail environment.
Productive and outgoing people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 10, 2014
it was a great atmosphere and i enjoyed working there. I was a cashier and a sales associate. I helped people buy the computer that they wanted and that fit their personal life styles.
Great Starter Job
District Project Team (Former Employee), Morrow, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: bonuses discount
This was a great job to start out as a teenager. Not a great long term place of employment.
Best Job
1 Cashier (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCNovember 10, 2014
Overall great place to work. Come in staff meeting and find out where you will be working. Work Take 2 15 minute breaks and then a 30minute lunch. Fun and excitement. The general Manager is great. She is dependable and understanding. Co-workers became family. The hardest part is the long hours during the holiday but the most enjoyable is the holiday – more... rush. – less
good place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2014
They worked with my schedule so I was able to get off work in time to pick up my son from school.
productive and very fun work environment, awesome bosses
Sales Consultant—Computing and DI (Current Employee), Abilene, TXNovember 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks, not good insurance for part timers
A day at work requires a lot of smiles, greeting customers, and having fun while making money. The pay could be a lot higher for this type of company, but the job is so relaxing that it is all worth it.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more