Best Buy
6,029 reviews

Best Buy United States Employee Reviews

Great place to learn about products and have fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Aberdeen, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and discouts
Cons: No cons
Great place to learn and grow throughout the company. A typical day at work will start off with the morning meeting with associates from each dept. on great customer service and promotions that the store is presently running. A great place to have fun with technology and assist the customer on the right solutions that suit their needs.
temp service
SUPPLIER DIRECT FULLFILLMETN SPECIALISTS SUPPORT (Former Employee), Richfield, MNApril 14, 2015
Responsible for working with internal and external vendors to set-up prices and products on website
Manage approximately 50% of hardware products for the entire distributed commerce assortment
Customer Service
PC Home and Office Sales Associate (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 14, 2015
PC Home and Office Sales Associate
Assertiveness-took control of the sale
Conflict Resolution-regarding patient concerns and complaints
Empathy- always took interest in how the customer felt
Always took responsibility for my actions
Processed transactions that included checks, cash, and credit cards
Greeted each customer
Excellent communication skills
Fun fast pace
Mobile Sales Rep (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 14, 2015
I've learn to deal with multiple issues at a time also being able to prioritize issues due to importance. Always enjoyed fast pace and work environment.
Productive workplace with a fun break room
Processor and Product Technician (Former Employee), Chino, CAApril 13, 2015
A typical day started off with me signing into the system and getting started on processing and assessing product for the buyback program. Throughout the day I made a quota of product I processed and assessed. I solely was in the trade in department where I dealt with the reimbursement of money to customers who were trading in their electronics for money. I determined how much they would be reimbursed.
Fun and productive workplace
Inventory (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Low-high pay depending on position
Awesome place to work, the atmosphere keeps you awake and the employees keep you pumped up till the moment you leave. Customers are mostly docile as well, with the occasional moody ones.
You learn something new everyday
Sales associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: My coworkers were alweays helpful
Cons: we werent paid hourly plus commision just hourly
My job as a bilingual sales associate consisted of translating for customers very often. With that I mainly juggled quite a few customers at one time. I worked in the computer department but also specialized in the tv and entertainment department. My job was to help customers find what they were looking for and if they weren't exactly sure of what it was they were in there for than I asked probing questions to come up with a perfect solution and product for them.
eh, okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 13, 2015
crappyy management but not the worst place i have ever worked. over 100 employees in one building though typically all 18-25 in age. your asking for alot of drama. felt like i was in HS again
fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, NMApril 13, 2015
good day, great customer interaction, steady paced job and good vibes and communication between employees. fun little events between the employees.
Great Company to gain great experience
Geek Squad Consultation Agent (Current Employee), Dedham, MAApril 12, 2015
Very good company to start working for. Variety of products and devices. PCs, Macs, iOS and Android Devices. I like to be more technical than retail and sales
Good place to gain experience in High School
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNApril 12, 2015
Pros: Customer service experience
Cons: Retail, lower pay, limited opportunity for advancement
Good place for high school students to gain experience in customer service. Not designed for college graduate as pay is minimal and opportunities for advancement are few and far in between.
Productive atmosphere and worked well with team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Humble, TexasApril 11, 2015
Pros: Using my skills to help others
Cons: Not much room for promotion
Learned about new technology was able to use my skills to provide assistance to clients and customers. Completed a number of transactions with returns and exchanges in a courteous manner while learning more about each customer. Completed multiple tasks to get my duties done in a timely manner. Learned how to enhance my problem solving skills by working one on one with customers resolving difficult issues.
Multitask, communication skills, competitor, customer service
Geek Squad IT/ Help (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 11, 2015
I use outlook, Lync and skype to communicate with my co-workers in order to serve my clients. I work with 2 to 3 clients at once. My job is to find a solution to their problems. My job is fast pace, but at the same time I have to be precise on what I do. I enjoy going to my client's home and learning about them. I enjoy fixing issues and seeing that big smile on their face.
Microsoft Consultant
Microsoft Sale Consultant (Former Employee), Microsoft ConsultantApril 10, 2015
Pros: Training, Electronics, Fast Paced
Cons: Management
Well it's definitely not boring, your dealing with different kinds of customers everyday. Very fast paced environment, educating clients about the products we sold and not to mention being able to play and touch with some of the products that we sold.
A Easy Going Job
Customer Service Specialist/Cash Office Personnel (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2015
A hectic day with not enough help but a great time always with the latest technology. I wish the pay at this employer was equal to the amount of work
Retail Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2015
Pros: Works with employee schedule
Cons: Low hours and relative absence of merit-based advancement system
Best Buy is a retail company, so it's expected that this will not be a fantastic place to work.
Sell products, stock shelves, promote services on day to day basis.
Management can either be fair and cooperative or cliquey and favoritist.
Retail is tough!
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great base pay for managers
Cons: Very poor healthcare; ever changng bonus opportunities, each more difficult than the last.
Best Buy is a fun retail store but due to the burgeoning online avenues to get the same products cheaper than in a brick and mortar, they definitely have challenges ahead of them.
Little Opportunity for Advancement, Typical of Retail Environment
Portable Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta Highway Bogart GeorgiaApril 9, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, Interactions with customers, Flexible Schedule
Cons: No chance for additional compensation or advancement, Not a Career
Worked as a Portable Electronics Sales Associate for Best Buy at store 511 or almost 3 years. Enjoyed the role as I was introduced to the latest and greatest technologies in Digital Imaging, Car Audio, MP3 players, and more. Engaging and educating customers was a fun experience. The most difficult part of the job was finding a reason to stay in the position. While the tasks performed for the job were undeniably fun, I didn't feel like a valuable resource to the company. Despite my enthusiasm and others' Best Buys' model consists of mass amounts of part-time employees working 15-25 hours per week instead of small amounts of dedicated full-time employees working 32-40 hours per week. While the job was fun and interesting, I find Best Buy's business practices towards their employees rather mediocre. Most of their consultants are no more than glorified cashiers, but the few who aren't are treated equally despite their level of expertise and experience.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 9, 2015
Co-workers are all enjoyable. Fast place and upbeat place to work. Learned a lot of new things about technology I didn't know. Some days are slower than others. Busy holiday seasons.
Productive and fun workplace with resources to continually improve my learning
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Interacting with vendor partner to get a previewof the upcoming new technologies
Cons: Lack of adequate staffing to accomplish the required tasks at hand
I come across different scenarios at work each day. In my position as a manager I have learned to treat each one of these challenges as an isolated case and draw from prior experiences to come up with viable solutions based upon company policy. Finding solutions to new problems is the most fun part of my job. I enjoy assisting my peers as well as seeking input from them when certain situations do arise. I pride myself in making that extra effort to fulfill a client's needs end to end.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries