Best Buy
6,659 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Workplace
Mobiles Sales Associate, Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co-workers
Cons: there was a lot required and little pay
There was always work to be done, between customers and store duties. We were given 15-30 minute lunch breaks. I learned communication skill because we were always talking to people whether it was on the phone or with customers or with other employees. I learned how to work with various computer programs. We were required to memorize and explain multiple phone services and plans as well as the pros and cons to distinct cell phones. We had to know about as much product in the store as we could. I learned how to organize the store and make sure that it looked presentable. The hardest part of the job for me personally was the holidays because we had so many hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment that was there, it was just a fun place to be.
Poor communication, lack of opportunity, and hostile work environment.
PC Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Pinole CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Everything.
No skills required, no support for new hires, not enough advancement to keep employees, lack of teamwork and no sense of community.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Fair pay, flexible hours
Cons: Managers will backdoor you, not promised a break
Great place to work as a student. Managers are fair but play favorites when it comes to advancement. Alot of talking behind your back will occur. While working there I was never approached directly by the GM eventhough he worked 10 hour days at least 4 days a week. Everything was told to my immdiate supervisor and then told to me.
installing car audio equipment. selling to customers.
Geek Squad Agent (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: discount, insurance, and 401k
Cons: favortism, no recognition hardly
On a typical day I would be in a car installing new equipment or troubleshooting previously installed products. On slow days I try to sell to customers or train my co-workers on car installation products and selling techniques. I have learned how to use a DMM, how to troubleshoot better. The management is pretty good most days but, sometimes you end up feeling like you are not part of a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the downtime. I love the expressions I get from my client's when I demo their new equipment for them.
Fun Environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJuly 27, 2015
People were fun to work with here, learned a lot about sales here and it was fun during the day for the most part, The trucks were probably the hardest part about the job but it was enough people to help out so it wasn't that bad
Enjoyed waking up for work!
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Chevy Chase MdJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Learning and playing with new merchandise.
Cons: Short lunch breaks.
Working at Best Buy was an awesome experience for me as an student. I loved working on a team and learning about new products.
Productive and great work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 27, 2015
Allowed me to gain a great amount of customer service as well as hands on work. Co-workers were very professional and willing to lend a helping hand when needed.
Operations Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: benefits
making sure customers have the best experience when shopping in store.

I learned how to manage better.

The best part of the job is meeting good people and friends.
Mediocre establishment with excellent benefits
Deputy of Counter Intelligence (Current Employee), Madison, MSJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, great atmosphere
Cons: Policy not adhered to, inattentive higher management
The culture for Best Buy in Madison, MS has taken a turn away from employee and customer satisfaction to a culture of only numbers. With employee, customer, and client satisfaction, a business cannot operate effectively - rendering a focus on numbers void.

The benefits are excellent, as is the discount.
Amazing Growth and Experience
Cashier and Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Chico, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: The employees, management, growth opportunities, and yes, the employee discount!
Cons: N/A
Best Buy (Chico, CA) is an amazing place to work. Management is professional, employees are wonderful, and the whole experience is incredibly worth while. The hardest aspect of job was the unavoidable interaction with unpleasant customers, and even then, we were taught how to best handle certain situations and managers were always available for those uniquely difficult scenarios. The greatest aspect of working at Best Buy was the environment of encouragement, friendship, and professional growth that management provided. We were pushed to aspire and achieve more, every day. It was a camaraderie that is rarely found in most places of work.
Great high school and college job
Non-Commission Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Discount, Hours for school
Cons: Management
This was a job that worked on making sure everyone was on pace with all the new tech that was coming out daily. It was great. The people, the product is a nerd or tech junky paradise. Always good people to work with. Mostly part time positions. Hard to get Full time. Management was never very useful. They were the number monkeys, always worried about how the they looked on paper, never really about moral, or employee atmosphere. However the employee discount allows one to look past these little things.
great experience
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 26, 2015
I have learned to be more observant and aware of the things around me. I loved being here and working because I knew I was an important asset to the organization and I tried my hardest making sure the job was always done
Challenging and Rewarding
Magnolia Design Center General Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2015
After 9 years with the company I have seen a great deal of it's ups and downs. As with any other industry my experiences can (and did) vary dramatically based on the position I held and the location I was working in. Overall the benefits long outweighed the struggles but it is time to move on.
Inequality in upper management
Electronic Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJuly 26, 2015
Cons: Lack of leadership with upper management in my department
Best Buy upper management overlooked my skills and abilities to lead. Management based decisions on friendships not professional skills.
horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: its horrible
I hated working for this company. The managers show favoritism to some employers. The pay sucks for what is expected out of you. Everyone always complains about working there.
Decent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: Bad management
A decent place to work, however management can be overbearing with plenty of job threatening.
Good hours with a great store discount.
good people to work with
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 25, 2015
good job. secure. monotonous and distracting. overall ok job but in no means a great one. great managerial staff. good employees all around.
productive and fun work place.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAJuly 25, 2015
worked in all areas of store and enjoyed everywhere help with training other employees to make sure everyone was on top of there game.
Good Surrounding, Co-Workers are usually cool people. STAY AWAY FROM CDs and Movies.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Discount at Suzushi. Discounts on store products.
Usually when I would get there it would be the afternoon so it was usually busy most of my shifts. I learned how to set up a pick up and delivery for products the customer bought. I also learned how to set up a customer with our best buy credit card. Management was awesome honestly. Everybody was open and fun to be around personally and the work place. I didn't necessarily find anything difficult about the job. Most enjoyable thing was probably the work place in general.
Fun and exciting atmosphere surrounded by innovation.
Project Team Member (Former Employee), MIJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, Benefits, Experience
Cons: Systemic Errors, Inventory Organization, Customer Satisfactory
Being able to work with the most high end retail products and witnessing the innovation of the technology market will provide great experience to help season any employee looking to dive into this type of field.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries