Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 12,870 reviews matching the search
Great Career
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 22, 2017
Love working for this company. The employees are always fun and outgoing. The company culture is to work hard and have fun. If you are into customer service and sales there is tremendous opportunity.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 21, 2017
Best Buy is a fantastic company that has allowed me to learn and grow in both my skills as well as help my employees, and shareholders achieve growth. I think that the culture is fantastic and it has good pay and benefits. The work life balance is one of the most difficult parts, and is somewhat expected with retail management. Overall this is a great company to work for.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 21, 2017
best buy is a decent place to work and learn costumer service. the people working there are friendly and easy to get along with. with the exception of a manager or two most managers are really friendly and easy to talk to.
Great place to work, but...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 21, 2017
Completely absurd availability requirements for full-time employees. It's like they designed it to keep single parents from working there. Other than that, it's a fantastic place to work. If they paid more and were more flexible with scheduling, I probably would never leave.
Pros
Great people, fun work.
Cons
Unreasonable availability requirements, inadequate pay.
best buy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 21, 2017
big company, very pushy towards customers, managers treat employees like they don't matter, I would not work for them again, did not like selling magazines
overall 4 out of 5
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJuly 21, 2017
Having worked with the company 10 years we've been through many changes together. With any company there is expected restructuring and role changes, in which Best Buy does very well at assisting in getting you accomdated when there changes are made.
Good for starters!
CSR/MCSA (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 21, 2017
Great job for beginners but part time is 30 hours but if your not performing well or the manager doesn't like you then your hours get cut back, I have seen 10 hours given to weak performers while top performers get 32+ hours. Also trying to move from different departments is difficult especially if that department is practicing favoritism over professionalism.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short hours, no hours, part-time
It was very productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
It was very cool working here being it my second job. It was very easy working here. Satisfying and building relationships with customers is really fun. Unfortunately my time had to be cut short. I battled an injury that required me to get surgery and take some time off.
The big box joke
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJuly 21, 2017
An overrated company who lives off of its fake reputation to lure unsuspecting prospects into employment. You're constantly overworked and every year you run the risk of being laid off by them.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Passive aggressive racism
Fast Paced Environment with a lot of fun and knowledgeable people. Great place to improve verbal communication.
Apple Solutions Advocate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 21, 2017
Best Buy is a great company to work for and has a lot to offer to their employees. The environment is fast paced and not for everyone. But nonetheless it is a great place to work and learn a lot regarding business development as well improve your communication skills.
Pros
Discount benefits, networking
Cons
Closing duties, Long night shifts
Great company overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 21, 2017
Working at Best Buy was a great decision. I was in college and was a tech nerd and needed some extra cash. This helped me in all of those areas!! Great management team.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Hard to advance in certain areas
Fun place, not much advancement or pay
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 20, 2017
While the people and experiences are nice, the overall outlook as a career is poor. There is no real way to advance without having to stay at a low paying job for years before having a chance at one. There just doesn't feel like a way to be an important team member when there is no room to grow.
stressful but straightfoward
Overnight Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
the environment here was pretty laidback and relaxed come in and do your work there would never be a problem. they gave alot of extra hours but 6pm-4am with one 30 min break and alot of lifting was a bit much.
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work at.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 20, 2017
• Provided solutions that ensured customers’ end-to-end needs were met by means of leveraging all channels including hardware, accessories, connections, content and services.
• Trained and mentored staff to achieve business goals through innovative up-to-date training tools to drive profitable growth and achieve individual and department goals.
Pros
Discounted product purchase for staff
Cons
Short Breaks
Customer service/ Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2017
Management is great, very up beat coworkers. Overall a great environment. I have learned a lot of conflict resolution, and sales tracking. Leadership is always willing to help you grow.
Pros
Health care, and full benefits
Cons
very completive
For a national corporation the mgmt was horrible.
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 20, 2017
Enjoyed my job. Enjoyed my coworkers. Felt I was properly compensated for the work I was asked to do. Job security felt tenuous as the management seemed eager to write you up for any infraction real or imagined. It's no wonder that Best Buy was struggling as a company a few years ago as all of their stores are run by jerks
Appears good
SWAT (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 20, 2017
Worked for Best buy for only a few months over the holidays. Seemed fair, knowledgeable, and truly cared about the employees and customers. Would work for them again in the future.
Great Company
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJuly 20, 2017
Best buy mobile was one of my favorite places to work. They focused a lot on team building and overall teamwork. We always were rewarded and recognized for our accomplishments.
Pros
trips and free dinners, discounted products
Cons
part time
CEO revitalized Geek Squad
Geek Squad Covert Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
Geek Squad culture is pervasive throughout the company, and is intentionally cheesy - but also friendly, and conducive to building strong teams. As CEO, Hubert Joly focused on Geek Squad as a pillar of Best Buy and as a result, created many strong career prospects.
Awesome Workplace
SAS Programmer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2017
Really good place to work at. A great entry level job where there's a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. The company focuses on employee satisfaction as well as customer satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.