Best Buy
6,108 reviews

Best Buy United States Employee Reviews

Work Day
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECAILIST/ MUTI-CHANNEL SALES (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
• Resolve customer issues, returns and exchanges
• Answered the store phone
• Prepared daily and weekly schedules
• Knowledgeable in all products
Excellent sales training with incredible people.
MOBILE PHONE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Abilene, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Incredible community
Cons: Short lunches
It's hard to find a better place to work than Best Buy. I started out in Computing and DI selling computers and cameras, and loved every second of it. Probably a month after I started, the company sent me to "sales induction" a training in which sales associates learn everything there is to know about sales. Additionally, eLearnings were implemented, which is a great tool in knowing the products you're selling. Overall, the past 7 months at Best Buy have been incredible, and I would highly recommend it.
I loved working here until they cut everyones hours
Multi Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burleson, TXApril 22, 2015
The managers was really nice and helpful, along with most of the employees. A typical day at work would be answering and transferring calls, layaways, in store pick up and online orders, returns and exchanges. The one thing I didn't like was they cut everyone's hours to hardly anything !
It was okay.
Receiver/stocker, sign changes (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Pros: Discount on stuff.
Cons: Low work hours.
I stocked shelves for the store during the Christmas season. I was laid off after Christmas. It was the kind of work I like doing by that I mean unloading trucks. I just did my job.
terrible workspace
sales consultant (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
terrible job everybody thinks they are your boss and have no respect for their employees, theres no joy in this job, you bust bust your hump and are never rewarded.
cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee), Anderson, SCApril 21, 2015
A good job for a high school student but also a good job for someone that love to work on computers and knows a lot about computer also.
Fun work environment, little future
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: Low pay, not many advancement opportunities
A typical day at work consisted of selling computers, televisions, sell phones, and customer service. I learned a ton of information about all of the items listed above, well enough to sell them and really make each product shine. Management was very laid back, easy going, and great for a laugh. Although, management did not take their jobs as seriously as one should to really succeed in a business. My co-workers didn't have much of a care in the world, what mattered to them was a paycheck. Their work ethic was not the best aside from a select few. Outside of work ethic, most of them were very enjoyable people to work with and were amazing in their own way. The hardest part of my job was trying to calm down extremely irate customers. A lot of the time, no matter if you fix the issue in a sincere fashion or not, they continue to scream in your face and are very rude, especially around the holidays; but this is every sales environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers, co-workers, and managers. I love being surrounding by fun loving people and I absolutely love teaching people new things. When a customer came into the store not knowing a thing about what they were buying, by the time they walked out they knew a bit about the product and how to function it.
I was ok
Various positions (Former Employee), Carson City, NVApril 21, 2015
It was a typical retail job but the management while friendly was always watching everyone. Good people though overall made this job a fun one for many years.
Fun place to work most of the time
Inventory/Merch Specialist (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, IllinoisApril 21, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Management, lack of lunches
Best Buy is a fun place to work as long as you stay on the good side of the managers. I found that even though they taught you a lot at the job and they paid you pretty well sometimes their management will make you want to quit. As a warehouse worker at Best Buy you will most likely work the truck days which are 2 days a week. They can be up to about 3000 units and you must be willing to stay until the job is complete. Other things you might be doing would be weekly planogram loads, basically, you would go to each department and make sure the product is placed where it should be. The hardest part of the job would be the scheduling, you never get a set schedule per week and it usually changes last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the employee discount and the co-workers. They have a lot of great co-workers at Best Buy you just have to be careful what you say.
not employee friendly
product process associate (Former Employee), Portage, MIApril 21, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: lack of hours, low pay, unfriendly management
Management would always expect the employees' lives to revolve around the store needs. no consistency in schedule or weekly hours. poor training and unwilling to promote to full time.
Fun working environment
Product Process Specialist,Car Audio Installer (Former Employee), North Canton, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun Environment
Cons: Pay
I held more than one position at Best Buy. The pay is the worst part about the job. If you can get into a department where you are passionate and have some knowledge about, selling will come easy.
Fast Pace, Formal and yet Fun
Geek Squad Customer Service Agent, Part-time (Former Employee), Waterford, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Coworkers where nice, free food and cookouts
Cons: Very Strict about breaks. Sometimes wouldn't get 15mins breaks
Formal business that had great co workers. Typical day involved doing customer returns/exchanges, cashiering, account look ups, credit card applications, sales and I even worked some days during the week in the freight department.
Excellent start to my career
CIA (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, Friendly Employees, Excellent Management
Cons: Short lunch break, Pay is a little under what I would expect.
I've worked with Best Buy, or rather Geek Squad for a little under a year, with excellent guidance from management as well as customers that appreciate your work, I would recommend this job to anyone.
Great Work Place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: NO cons
Overall great company to work for. As a student, they are willing to work with me through every step of the process and through difficult times. I would not have learned many life and social lessons without working for Best Buy.
Flexible hours. Good pay.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 20, 2015
Flexible hours. Great staff. Good pay. Good training for customer service relations. Room for growth and promotion. Various departments to work in.
Another retail job
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 20, 2015
Just an average retail job. Easy to get to know people, friendly environment. A lot to know about policies but nothing too difficult. Management was easy to deal with. There are favorites in the company though.
A great place to work and learn about technology
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee), Danbury, CTApril 20, 2015
Best buy is awesome in every aspect. I learned about all kinds of electronics and worked with great people. Management and co workers were great.
Controlling work environment and lack of communication
Not saying (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Discount
Cons: Everything else is a con
Management is lacking and the communication is nonexistant. I would not work here if I were you. You are treated like slaves pretty much.
Great experience and skills for business careers.
SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great people, amazing skills
Cons: Short Lunch, retail stress, holiday hours
My time at Best Buy has given me many skills that I am able to take with me to any business. I have learned many business metrics to follow, sales strategies, marketing, customer interaction skills, and management tactics and techniques. I have enjoyed my time at Best Buy thoroughly.
Great place for college students
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great environment and atmosphere
Cons: N/A
I was over LP, so I was basically watching cameras and greeting customers. I also assist with incoming stock and merchandising. I learned a lot about technology and teamwork. My co-workers were mostly laid-back, but efficient workers. The hardest part was extended hours during the holidays and staying later for the stock because I was a full-time college student and had a lot of exams around the same time. I love working with everyone, just about everyone you talk to will put a smile on your face or make you feel appreciated.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries