Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 12,135 reviews matching the search
Fun, good for part time
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28314May 21, 2017
Worked unlocking merchandise, tv and kitchen appliance. Shipping and receiving periodically, learning how to use heavy equipment, electric pallet jack. Can be busy during holiday but is to be expected.
Pros
mangement good
Cons
pay
Decent place but can get boring on days that are not busy
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78723May 21, 2017
Most of my time at work was spent asking customers if they needed assistance with anything. Most of the time someone would say "no" and I would move on to the next person. I enjoyed the job because I like learning about technology and informing people about certain products. There is a degree of freedom when it comes to how you work. Most customers you deal with you can handle on your own unless they're being rude or pushy. You never really need to call a manager to help you out with anything because most things you can just do yourself which is good.
great company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 21, 2017
help assist with ringing products up for customer, also stocking new products that came in and set up new gaming systems.

learned about all the gaming products and how they work
Great First Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 21, 2017
I started working for Best Buy when I was 16 years old and have just graduated college and I am still employed by them. Best Buy has been a great place of employment for nearly 7 years and would recommend it to a large variety of people.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Quick Paced
Great Job for the moment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 21, 2017
Not to say I didn't enjoy my time with the company buy I do feel that the job is not long term. With the lack of job security and low wages, there was no room to really grow.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wages
Fun and very friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 21, 2017
Throughout the day I just basically helped customer pick out Tvs and game systems and give the best customer service possible. then I would cover peoples break.
Pros
they alway fed us and had food in the break room
Cons
the store wasn't to busy so it made the job boring sometimes
Productive company,fun environment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 21, 2017
At Best Buy warehouse I worked first shift, Picked orders, packed, kept organized. I learned how the process is when buying online.Also how to work in a fast paced environment. The management was great, they tried at their best to meet everyone's needs. This job was not hard at all, but if I had to say what was the hardest part was maybe repetition.I enjoyed several parts of the job they made it as comfortable, played music which to me always kept people into such a uplifting and positive mood.
Pros
A great break room and awesome area outside. The pay was good
Cons
temporarily
Worst place to work.
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 20, 2017
Do not work at Best Buy!! Absolutely the worst company to work for. Nothing but favoritism and harassment on the store level. And if you dare report it you WILL pay the price!
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Harassment, favoritism, threats, management
Great Retail Option
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 20, 2017
If retail is your preferred form of work environment then there is no better place to work than Best Buy. The tools you use on the job are modern and up-to-date, and the environment is not overly competitive. It is not slow paced and does not provide room for laziness, so it is best for those who are driven to help customers and have a job that keeps you on your feet. Working weekends is usually must, at least Fridays and Saturdays, and you'll most likely work Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
Pros
Excellent discount, flexible schedules, great environment, friendly coworkers and managers
Cool Place
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 20, 2017
Cool place to work growth in company if you desrie it and put in the work for it. The people you work with are cool adn the customers make it fun. I enjoyed it.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 20, 2017
This is a good job for a college student or just someone who is trying to get a decent job in retail that doesn't demand too much time. The store i worked in had young minded management so i wasn't to pleased with the way it was ran.
I really enjoyed working for Best Buy
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 20, 2017
I was only working part time. I showed up everyday for the 7 months I worked there. It kept me busy and I got along well with the staff.
I took pride in my work everyday.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
It was only part time
great work place
Home Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSMay 20, 2017
working at bestbuy i have met some amazing friends. there is great job security cause there is always something to do and learn. plus you get to work around all kinds of cool stuff
Very fun work environmenty
Inventory Specialistor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 20, 2017
Best Buy was a fun place. Managers and leads are very respectable and down to earth. They train you on new things thoroughly. Good Location no matter where yo stay in the area.
Love the company
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Las VegasMay 20, 2017
Best company to work for in Retail, my best job yet. so much potential to move up in the company and learn so many cool new things, very fun always dealing with the latest and greatest
Good starter job
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 20, 2017
Good job if youre in school, but not good for the long-term. Not very good at working around your schedule. Slim to none oppertunity for raise or bonus.
Best Buy Average Day
Home Theater, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2017
Coming into work and getting ready was an exciting time. Helping people with any of their needs and learning on the way about the latest technological advancements. At the same time the experience gained from customer service and becoming confident and comfortable when in difficult or simple customer interactions. Sales and up selling was taught and now branded into my business logic used withing the everyday environment. In the end, what I took away from Best Buy was scarce and mostly unavailable for a teenager, the business guidelines and business experience will follow through for my entire business work ethic and skill.
Pros
Great HR reps, amazing employee loyalty and benefits
Cons
seasonal changes
Best Buy is for young employment
Computer Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 19, 2017
I personally enjoyed Best Buy but there were a few things that make it difficult for me to make it as a career.

Pros - Enjoyed Learning about the technology that they sold, Was not a commission based job, other employees worked well together, learned about every department,

Cons - Was not much room for advancement, pay was very close to minimum wage, part time hours were a as needed bases, Black Friday was H3LL, though you weren't commission based if you didn't sell enough per hour then you weren't doing anything even though traffic was slow
It is a very fun place.
Sales of Computer Hardware, Geek Squad Trainee (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 19, 2017
If you know your stuff with the department you got hired into it is a blast. Easy work because they give you the training videos on the things in the store, so if you do not know it best bet there is a video for it. Pays well and you get to hang around with the coolest people.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Pays Well, Holiday Pay, Bonuses, Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Hours may be limited
Productive and well worth it
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 19, 2017
I worked in mobile sales for seasonal, Christmas and black Friday season. The hours were fantastic so were the employees. There was a lot of down time as long as you did your job correctly. Breaks were given regularly. Small contests to win things. Most difficult part of the job is pushing credit card applications. Most enjoyable is the ability to freely talk with customers with out being salesman pushy.
Pros
Great hours, great people, great perks
Cons
credit card applications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.