Best Buy
6,493 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mcallen, TXJune 22, 2015
Currently employed there and deal with all types of issues, from customer problems with their cellphones to assisting them to getting their best fit device. Also have some aspects of obtaining old phones and filing proper procedure to have them recycled and shipped out.
inventory
Inventory specialist (Former Employee), houston, txJune 22, 2015
pretty simple job, the people you work with are usually sociable. Set schedule on when the truck shipments come in. Can get a little hectic after halloween
Review
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 22, 2015
Great company but the environment changes store to store. Great learning experience. Great for getting your foot in the door for sales positions.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay and staff
Cons: Short breaks
Started out in a temp position on sales floor. Great staff and management. Best pay and benefits available. Overall incredible place to work.
Great and fun
Microsoft Representative (Former Employee), Chicago ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: incrediby fun and interactive
Cons: not much room to grow
It is an amazing first actual job. it most certainly helps one to further enhance his or her social skills. working in bestbuy really brings out the best in some, in the sense that all of the social interactions that one has on a daly basis really helps one to better understand others no only in work but in life after.
Member of the Future Leaders Class (Current Employee), Jackson, MIJune 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Atmosphere, co-workers
Cons: Some of the management is uptight, rude, and condescending.
Would love for the leadership to not be so uptight. After all, our motto is 'having fun while being the best', where's the fun?
New Re-org is tough to handle
GM (Former Employee), GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: shift work
Work is good but tough, too many bosses in the market place, work is fun at times but not if your not hitting the numbers.
Margin and comps are hard to drive
It was a productive fun selling environment
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 21, 2015
I learned a lot from best buy. It was my first sells ob and it taught me the bases of customer service and how to sell the right way.
UGH
Inventory Management Team Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Just expect to work when ever they say and then get talked to like a child because your not the boss. No matter what you do all day if your not in with the in crowd you end up doing more than your fair share of work
Best Buy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2015
Best Buy is wonderful place to work and grow and expand. The people is nice and welcoming also the electronic experience to grow expand at best buy has been and great expereince
Great company
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJune 20, 2015
Pros: work from home, employee committment and dedication
great company to work for, great leadership and opportunities. awesome headquarters, feels like a family no matter how large they grow. I would recommend working for Best Buy!
i loved the work environment
Full Time BestBuy Mobile consultant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: pay is horrible
i was employed with best buy for almost 4 years. i enjoyed my time there the only down fall about this job is that you don't get paid enough for what you do even if you're the top sales person for a whole year. The only reason why i was there for 4 years was because my job was secured and i had a bond with my co workers other than that the pay is horrible.
Geek Squad
Counter Intelligence Agent (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJune 19, 2015
A Typical day at work would include taking in computer to be sent out for repair, repairing them myself or giving them back once they have been repaired.
It's a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: nice breakroom
Cons: management team
typical day at work hard to get managers to registers to help out with a situation. everyone were way to friendly which is ok until you have customers complaining about the help they did not get. so i had to be the person to make sure when i checked out that customer they at least leave happy with the customer service i gave to them. the hardest part of the job is not being able to talk to a manager about a problem without them ignoring the situation the nice part about the job is the customers.
nice coworkers
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 19, 2015
Started off as a good place to work until they started pushing products that had little to do with the rest of the store. Management not effective in communicating objectives.
Decent workplace to keep you busy
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment
Cons: Little room for advancement
A typical day at work consists of customers with questions about the products they are interested in. It is all about what you know as a salesman.
Most Enjoyable part of my day
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJune 18, 2015
I love my job because i get to work directly with people. Although you sometimes get the not so pleasant customers I get to work on bettering my people skills and phone skills.
Controlled chaos
Home Life Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 17, 2015
Pros: Work family, freedom, difficult.
Cons: work life balance... but its retail.
Best Buy gets a lot of bad reviews from past employees, however I really enjoyed my 12 years with the company before I was laid off. Best Buy gave me the freedom to work hard, get promoted, and lead a team. I enjoyed that everyday was different and you never knew what obstacles you had to overcome. I learned a lot from my mistakes and grew with the company.
It was an experiental place I enjoyed helping customers finding about the company what we needed to progress to make it better.
Sales Support (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Reward Cards and Working with the employers.
Cons: N/A
I learned a few things in the company, Such as Printing Merchandise Price Tag , Stocking , Assisting Customer with any needs. Worked Hard Stayed Focus on the task that was given to me.The Fun Part was helping customers deliver their merchandise out in front then receiving a tip after.
Rush Hour Holidays trying to sale everything at once in a day. Complete the delivery on the hour by that hour. Making sure everyone is ready for their task.
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: seasonal
Great people great environment. It was a good experience overall. I learned a lot. Met a lot off great people and gained a lot of skills.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more

Best Buy Salaries