Best Buy
5,243 reviews

Best Buy Employer Reviews

Satisfactory
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Aventura, FLNovember 23, 2014
It had its good times and bad times. It did help me grow and helped me with my people skills and how customer service should be.
Always at my best
Customer specialist in C.B.G computing/mobile (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: scheduling
Assisting customers with any and every situation/issue.
spearheaded team-based sales initiative in upscale electronics.
Organized weekly sales reports for the sales department to track product success.
Trained various new employees
Excelled in exceeding daily credit card application goals.
fun environment.
Sales Associate, Home Theater Sales (Former Employee), Dublin, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: fun, get to see new technology
Cons: black friday.
Have to have product knowledge in order to have an intelligent conversation with customers. Customers will try to test your knowledge on a weekly basis.
Fun place to work
Home Theater Salesman (Former Employee), Monroe, LaNovember 21, 2014
Best Buy was a fun place to work! The employees were some of my favorite. I learned a lot more than I expected about TV's, appliances, and other various items. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers to the point where you just knew all their questions were answered!
cool place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Handled cash and credit transactions
Maintain sales floor
Assist with customers questions and concern Organized sales floor
Answered phones, and directed calls to appropriate office personnel
Providing customer service
Fun place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), austin txNovember 21, 2014
Usually awesome co workers
the holidays are busy since it is retail
work on weekends is a must
Great place to work.
Sales associate/CSR (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 21, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyed working there and helping all of the customers.
Great Job
General Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXNovember 20, 2014
Outstanding culture, well structured. Changes in Senior management has led to better results
Best Buy
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, MINovember 20, 2014
This is a good entry level job. Not a terrible place to work, but it wears pretty thin pretty quickly.
Fun and productive
Computer/Digital Imagining sales consultant (Current Employee), AlabamaNovember 20, 2014
Check in with management to discuss to daily goals. Talk to customers about products, discuss Geek Squad Protection, Geek Squad services as well as Best Buy Credit Cards. I love selling so this has become the fun part for me. Set displays, merch, etc..
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: people i worked with were nice
Cons: standing
Worked at the customer service desk. Management tells use to say no once its out the return policy when people kick and scream and ask for management they would say yes having the customers think we were just giving them a hard time.
Fun work environment with amazing staff
Sales Support (Current Employee), Concord, NHNovember 20, 2014
Overall Best Buy is a great company to work for. Day to day tasks are challenging and are not always repetitive. The hardest part is dealing with customers who do not get serviced right away, but the attitudes of the management and the way they collaborate makes the day run smoothly.
Fun Place to work
Business Supervisor (Former Employee), lafayette laNovember 20, 2014
Good discount , Great training
Co-workers are sometimes lazy.
Not really hard, The discount
Good discount , Great training
Co-workers are sometimes lazy.
Not really hard, The discount
Cashier
Seasonal Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 19, 2014
Typical day at Best Buy: waiting on customers that come in your line with a smile each and every time. I learned how to be efficient with each customer and handling money. I loved working with the other emploees. The hardest thing with this company was on Black Friday and the amount of customers you had to wait on in a timely manner.
depending on who runs the store it can be nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 19, 2014
overall fun place to work, great discount. depending on management they work with flexible schedules. good people for the most part. holiday season is a breeze not too much difficult work going on there.
The people around me are what made it worth it
Sales Support (Former Employee), Clarksville, INNovember 18, 2014
The average work week was 45-50 hours as a part time and i was never offered full time. I learned a lot about responsibility and how important being truthful was. After seeing half of a department fired at once that became quite clear. management needed some tending to. When I left there were several open HR cases on multiple members of management. – more... My fellow workers helped me a ton to relieve stress of my position with comic relief and constant corny jokes. By far the hardest thing about Best Buy was I was expected to complete the work load of two employees every night (I was a closer) and was penalized if the work was not completed. I finally got HR to look in to it and the expectations were lessened. – less
Sucks
Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee), Crestwood, ILNovember 18, 2014
Pros: nice employee discount and concession lines
Cons: everything else
Working on thanksgiving..... that blows. I hate this place. Lofty revenue per hour expectations. Crusty pay and no commission. I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody
Don't remember much
Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILNovember 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
In this case I don't remember much of my experience, I was in the warehouse and did loading and unloading of trucks as well as some logistics work. I probably could have gone further with this company but hey everything happens for a reason.
Connectivity Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount
The company promotes from within usually if you possess the skills they are looking for. Great job to learn about retail and to expand your selling skills. Great management and fun peers to work with no matter what location you are going to work at.
Fun Place to work with great environment.
Assistant Store Manager - Sales (Current Employee), Hyannis, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: fun environment, competitive, and customer focused.
Cons: quality of life outside of work
Most days at work i manage up to 35 people and give performance feedback and coaching to help drive a terrific sales culture. I enjoy developing others and ensuring the customers get the best possible experience. The hardest days are usually the busiest days, but the challenge of meeting customer needs and keeping employee morale positive is what drives – more... me day in and day out. – less

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more