Best Buy Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good and bad, great people and low pay
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Some days open or closing shifts, stand at front, greet customers, guide them to departments, call for employees to contact customers,Hardest part is to watch cameras when you're trying to watch a person, customers will walk in and interrupt what you're doing, they end up distracting you from your job and could cost you. Management is great. Pay is the absolute worst even if you have a lot of work experience, most people do not work long here...
Pros
free lunches on occasion, discounts, meeting people
Cons
low pay, short break, raises are a joke
amazing company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 8, 2017
I love this company and would not leave it if i didn't have to. If i could transfer i would. I wish the company was better at helping with transfers. other then that i love the company and think its awesome and would recommended it to everyone.
Pros
pay, compensation
Cons
long days, long holiday hours
Fun working place
Mobile Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Fun place welcomes everyone in as a family. Fairly management. Working hours are flexible for each employee. Love to enjoy their time. Bigger opportunitys.
Great place to work, employees are great and the managers make sure your fine while working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 7, 2017
Working at best buy made me realize that working with people are amazing. They make sure your good and make sure your good to work. If i needed a shift taken on a late notice then they would be able to take it. The managers, they make sure you are at your best and make sure your good while working.
Pros
Paid 15 min. breaks
Worked with great co-workers poor management though
Connected Device - SR Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Really poor management work life balance is poor a lot of young people who call in sick all the time so you're always short of help work life balance is non existent no real loyalty from management or Co workers pay is low for what we do managers have no real experience your job responsibilities change every couple of months and a high turnover rate met some great people there!
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Productive high energy place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at work is high energy and competitive. I learned how to sell a variety of products and services. The managers that I worked for in both locations were great in assisting with sales and helping me cultivate my skills. BestBuy has great workplace culture and they make sure that their values are instilled in employees with yearly company training. The hardest part of the job is adapting to different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is building solutions for the customer.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Breaks only come with shifts longer than seven hours
Auditing 6 month Contract position
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Auditing 6 month Business Analyst position. Not much to tell there were very specific task to be completed by the contractors that the full time staff did not have time tocomplete.
Terrible Management
Sales Specialist Home Theatre (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 7, 2017
Management spent most of their day drinking at the bar next door then would come to work smelling of alcohol on a daily basis. She constantly threatened people.
slow paced and easy
Cashier - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Marina, CASeptember 7, 2017
I wasn't here to long to really give a good summary for. Management was descent too communicate with but at times was too personal. There was in my perspective not much room to learn much besides what you were hired for. The most enjoyable part was the up-selling part of my job being a cashier trying to get people too purchase extended warranties and such.
Pros
relaxed break room; good pay for job duties
Cons
Not much room to move up and seasonal don't expect to stay after seasons
Lack of advancement and Figure on a spreadsheet
Services Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateSeptember 7, 2017
Typical day at work - depends on the role you are in and your manager
Learned? - you are a figure on a spreadsheet, and outsourcing is the norm with best buy
Management - me first mentality in the upper upper echelons. Lower level managers typically care.
Hardest part of the job? - advancement and job security
Most enjoyable part of the job? - The people
Pros
401k matching 4% on 5%
Cons
Lack of advancement - non competitive pay
Was a great place to work at before the housing market dropped off
Warehouse Worker/In-Home Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2017
Best buy was fun to work at in the beginning. It was great going to to work and doing your job. Easy to get promoted and move up. The housing market crash on 2007 really put a damper on my job as in home appliance repairman.
Pros
Fun
Cons
lack of work
Great Job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I loved working at Best Buy. They train their employees well. The typical work days go very smoothly with well predictable duties. They educated me on several of their products and how they perform. They management there are very nice and always available when an employee has questions or just needs to vent their stress. The hardest part of the job was not enough available hours.
Pros
great coworkers, management, and customers
Cons
wished that I could still be working there
Coworkers are great management is not
sales lead (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2017
Working at best buy is a great experience if you like sales and technology. Your coworkers are like family but management isn't the best. Management takes the customers word over yours and will even undermine your bonus potential to bend over backwards for a customer. Pay is awful a fun the bonuses are a joke. Best buy as a corporate company seems to care more for the employees than actual management does.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, 30 minute breaks, poor bonus
Store jobs are good if you're still in school.
ASSET PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNSeptember 7, 2017
They try to be flexible for you if you're part time but I always felt like full time workers got the short end of the stick when it came to hours. You'd be lucky to work 35 in a week. The medical benefits are pretty good, but unless you're in a leader position the full time spot is really just a stepping stone. A big issue is the only way it feels like you can advance is if you move around from store to store, which can be an issue for some people such as myself.
Pros
Great co-workers, good benefits and a nice discount
Cons
Poor hours for non-leadership full time employees, poor communication skills, pay is abysmal
Great Place
AT&T Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MISeptember 7, 2017
I have currently been at Best Buy for four years now. I was there while I was going to school for my degree. I love the people that I work with and I haven't had an issue with anyone.
nice
Lead sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 6, 2017
It was a nice place.. but a very cut throat environment. It was a sales environment and I found out quickly that i couldn't deal with sales. But it was a fun job
Retail Job
Customer Service Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Retail jobs are high risk jobs.

You never know the personality that will come through there.

Some people I worked with were awesome.

Some were awesome for their interview.
Fun place to work
Geek Squad Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 6, 2017
It is a fun place to work with a lot of benefits. The only con is that it requires a lot of work at times. Overall my experience at Best Buy has been a great one.
Great Place to work and shop!
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 6, 2017
I haven't hit the floor yet, but feel confident with what I have learned thus far! Orientation was well prepared and spaced out. The amount of time spent was just right. They allowed for questions and knew the answers.
Get the Right Store
Advance Repair Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 6, 2017
The culture at Best Buy is shifting. Getting more sales focused with great training. The problem is that not all managers follow the company plan and when confronted by their bosses will throw you under the bus to save them selves. Choose store buy visiting and getting a feel before applying.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Consistency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.