Best Friends Pet Care

Best Friends Pet Care Employee Reviews

Wonderful until I got fired for being ill for three days
Animal Care Technician and cared (Former Employee), Prairie View, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Real hands on learning to get into the veterinary field
Cons: Being let go in a "nice" way (they said they'd call me back in a month but they never did)
I loved working here until I was let go when I had serious colorectal polyp surgery for three days. When I came back, without warning, they let me know saying they'd call me in a month when I was healthy again, and they never did. They said I was the best worker they had and were looking forward to seeing me soon, but it just never happened. I love that job with all my heart, helping with surgeries, running the front desk, everything I did was a joy. I am devastated that I lost that job.
Wonderful Place to Work
Individual Dog Caretaker (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed working here as an Individual Dog Caretaker, and would definitely work here again. I had to go to college, which is why I needed to end my services there; the animals were treated very well, and I loved working with them. The place was cleaned very often and the animals well managed.
kb
Day camp Councelor (Current Employee), Tyngsboro, MAMarch 25, 2015
uhjjnbjkjk Doggy Day Camp Counselor
Best Friends Pet Care - Tyngsboro, MA

- Oversee dog pack, functioning as pack “Alpha” (Pack Leader)
- Monitor & regulate pets and record Pets behavior & interaction as a pack.
- Monitor & regulate individual pet’s overall health, behavior, interactions and temperament.
- Intervene as needed to prevent fights and injury to pets.
- Actively encourage Pets to play/interaction.
- Cleans/sanitizes all items at end of day or during day as necessary.
- Takes pets to and retrieves pets from boarding area as necessary.
- Write daily camp report cards for each Pet to go home with.

Pet Groomer/ Bather
Excellent place to interact socially with people and animals.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Spring, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the relationship i was able to develope with animals and their owners.
Cons: don't really have any.
A typical day is high energy, keeping customers happy, maintaining a good relationship with employees and customers.
I have learned how to manage several employees, grievances, high stress environment and profits and losses.
I really didn't have difficulty with any part of the job. I enjoyed every aspect of the Assistant Manager position.
I loved every aspect of the job. (including, cleaning kennels)
Best Friends
Kennel Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Not much to say about this place. They barely gave me any hours. They were super disorganized. The building was falling apart & they didn't care.
Great learning experiance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrison, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Working at Best Friends elevated my experience with animals and improved my work ethic. My manager and the lead CSR were wonderful patient trainers, i loved interacting with clients and their pets. I enjoyed having the opportunity to learn more about the business aspect of the company.
Kennel
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2015
If you have worked at one you know what it's like. If you haven't, maybe not give it a go.
Great place to gain experience working with pets
Center Manager (Current Employee), Carmel, INSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: reduced boarding cost
Cons: schedule
Managing a pet care facility is a rewarding career but the worker turnover and long hours can take away from family life.
Good First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ConnecticutSeptember 19, 2014
Nice place to work if you love animals. The environment is relaxed but it can get very busy on the weekends.
Very good work place, a lot of fun and great atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee), Wakefieled, MASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: playing with dogs and also good breaks
Cons: management could get a little temperamental
This was one of my favorite jobs because everyone and everything from the manager to co-workers to the facility was excellent. I always had a great time going to work.
A typical day for me always depended now hat my job was for the day such as running the dogs to doing playtimes all day. The hardest part of the job was staying on my toes when it got very busy in the mornings an evenings.
Great Place to work
ACT/CSR/Event Representative (Current Employee), Clinton Twp, MichiganAugust 21, 2014
Pros: clients bring us food for lunch some days
Cons: no healthcare or benefits at all - part time
I really love working at Best Friends Pet Care. Everyday I leave with a smile. My manager is fantastic and so are my co workers. Being around all the dogs makes all the hard work worth it.
Fun place to work
Health care technician (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: fun, exciting, fulfilling
Cons: pay
I loved working here. Only job i can say i had fun and looked forward to it every day. People and management were great.
Loved it!
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed working there with animals. At first I worked full time however I had to find a better paying job to help take care of my son. Even when I found another job I continued to stay there part time and worked on the weekends. The only reason I stopped working there completely was because they had new management who needed someone that could work more hours than I was available to.
Great if you love animals
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 24, 2014
Great for somewhere part time and simply if you enjoy working with animals. Not a place where you can grow with the company!
Terrible place to work and board your dogs!!
Animal care manager (Former Employee), West Berlin, NJApril 19, 2014
Worked there 3 years left and came back for 3 more.... Nothing changed as far as how the "back of the house" ran. Dogs still don't get their walks, play times and all the additional activities people pay for. Upper management is well aware of this and only concerned about the almighty dollar!!$$!! Never enough staff and playrooms during "peak" seasons and at times you are told to just write something on the card saying they got their activity. Best time to board is January thru April cause they are dead and looking for things to do so guaranteed to get activities done. The only thing for sure that gets done is Playgroup because those rooms have cameras so the owners can check up on their pet. Ask to see your dog during a playtime lol. Oh and one other thing.... Make sure your dog NEVER boards upstairs cause during the summer it is like being in an attic.
As an Animal Care Manager at this facility be prepared to work your A** off and be treated like the S*** you scoop up all day long.
Productive and Fun workplace
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work is walking dogs, and playing with them in the play rooms. The management is nice and its a pretty easy job. Occasionally i had to work with the cats and just play with them. The co-workers are nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to play with the dogs.
Good place to work if you are flexible with work hours, the schedule is never the same and hours vary from day to day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: get to work with animals
Great place if you love animals and want to make sure they are taken care of. It's fun to be able to play with pets. Great place.
The only thing good about Best Friends is a few of the employees, and working with the animals!
Csr and act (Former Employee), PinevilleJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: no breaks
As a past employee, I would never board my dog or cat here! The groomers are great and the doggy day care people are wonderful with the day care dogs. But then the behind the scenes it is awful, clients pay good money to have their dogs walked for 15 minutes for 3 individual walks. They should be spaced out like morning, afternoon, and evening, but sometimes they only get 1 quick walk around the building and they are walking on gravel. The animal care techs leave at 7:00PM, and are not back until 6:30AM, by the time all of the food is ready and the dogs are fed, they might not get the 1st walk until after 9:00AM.
Working with puppies and kitties
CSR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2013
After being in the veterinary field, I decided to try working in a boarding facility. I loved my experiences
I loved working here because of the animals.
Pet Caretaker/ Kennel Cleaner (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: taking care of the animals
Cons: the seasonal part of this job
I would come in and immediately get to work cleaning kennels and feeding the pets. Then I would get the list of pets that were to be taken outside for exercise. I would also record if they used the bathroom, if the played, and what their temperament was like. After I finished with the list it was time for group play. I would get all the dogs that were in group play and watch over a bout 20-30 dogs at a time for about two hours. After that I would exercise the pets again. When that was over I would feed and give medicine if necessary and then clean the kennels again. The hardest part of this job was knowing that some of the employees would not take out the pets and lie on the pet report card, and that the manager would do nothing about it. The best part of this job was being able to work with the pets and take care of them. I absolutely loved being able to be around the animals.