Best Friends Pet Care Employee Reviews

Fun
Walker dog (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 2, 2017
Just not managed right... needs New managment. Not worth the time or pay they give you I worked long hours and did it well but the ppl I worked with are all uptight and they need better management
Cons
Too man indians no chiefs
Unpredictable and Fast-paced Workplace with Relaxing Times
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2017
Working at this facility can always be unpredictable because the animals all have their own personalities. The job had me always on my toes but my passion for animals made it worth it. A typical day can be ranged from easy going to very stressful and long. The people working there are very nice and hours are flexible.
Pros
Lunch break, caring for animals, helping the rescue animals
Cons
Long days, animal fights, unpredictability
Solid company which is very good to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 29, 2017
Especially if you like animals Best Friends Pet Care is a great place to work. Fairly relaxed atmosphere without people always staring over your shoulder.

The employees are friendly and this is a good place to work.

The only con I'd say is the pay.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good working environment, dogs:)
Cons
Money
Fun Place To Work
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Every day I got to interact with animals mostly dogs an cats. Preparing their meals and playing with the animals was the most enjoyable part of my job. I learned a lot about paying attention to a animal's body posture which could tell me whether the animal wanted to have attention or just wanted to be left alone.
Play timer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2017
If you have a passion for animals you'll love this place, its fun, active, friendly, non boring.. the staff are really nice, the care for the animals is amazing.
Fun place to work with Animals.
Animal Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2017
Best Friends was a fun place to work. I trained staff members on how to recognize and understand animal behavior. The Holidays where extremely fun because we would dress up the pets.
Pros
I can bring my pets to work.
Cons
Work every holiday.
Mice infested Animal heaven
Kennel Associate (full time) (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 15, 2017
Working with dogs is great until you get bitten
All of my coworkers were decent people with the huge exception of the people running the place
I heard they fired and replaced all of the higher ups about a year after I had left
Pros
Working with dogs
Cons
Racist Manager
Great place to work when you love animals so much, like i did.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCMay 31, 2017
very relaxed place at times because everyone was always on top of their game. made great friends there and was constantly happy being surrounded by all the animals. management never really told me any constructive criticism, always made other workers tell me. easy job when you love what you're doing though!
Very active
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 31, 2017
In the morning you help wash all the kennels, and walk all the dogs. Throughout the day you perform walk, clean up messes, record health information, and fill water bowls. I learned how to properly handle a dog and how to clean kennels. Management was good, did not consider age limitations all the time. Hardest part of the job was time deadlines for getting kennel clean. The most enjoyable was being with the dog and playing with them.
Pros
Dog therapy on bad days
Cons
Time deadlines
Great field of work
Pet Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 24, 2017
Working with animals is a great environment to work in. Though the facility and management aren't as perfect as they could be, the job itself is the best job I have ever had.
Pros
Work with animals!
Cons
Poor maintenance of facility
Poorly run to say the least
Kennel Associate (Former Employee) –  Boxford, MAMay 16, 2017
Best Friends is a bit like a prison for dogs. The management is sub-par to say the least and generally disorganized. Overall would not work here ever again or send my pets here
Fun job
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  West Berlin, NJMay 2, 2017
Fun experience. Great time working with animals. Coworkers enjoy and care for the pets. So much fun Nothing negative to be said about the job other than pay could be a little better
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Do not reccommend
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJFebruary 14, 2017
Because this is a corporation, the people higher up care more about profits than employees and the animals. Management can not pay much more than minimum wage and there is no way to advance.
Ok job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
This job is a lot work for low pay and it's not worth it when dealing with management that only looks out for them selves instead of looking out for they're employees.
Pros
Team and clients
Cons
Pay is horrible
Busy, but fun work place.
Doggy Day Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MADecember 4, 2016
Best friends is a great place to have as your first job. Being a doggy day camp counselor you have to watch a group of up to at least 20 dogs. The day can go pretty easy depending on the group. Cleaning at end of the day can sometimes be stressful because you have to run dogs to their owners and clean the rooms. Can take up to an hour and a half depending on how many dogs come into play that day,
Pros
easy-going management.
Cons
Have to work holidays. Less than an hour lunch
Fun and challenging job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 1, 2016
With hard work and initiative you can easily move up within the company. Working hands on with the dogs gave me great experience in reading dog body language. I moved up into management and while your day to day interaction with the pets is more limited, the experience gained working with customers is invaluable. Your ability to move higher in the company usually means being willing to relocate and travel frequently. The job is a lot harder work than most people think, you will get dirty! But at the end of the day you give your favorite doggy some snuggles and it's a good day!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Job itself is fun, terrible company/managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 10, 2016
The work is relatively consistent on a day to day basis. Taught me a lot about how to communicate and relate with customers. Management team was inconsistent, does not care about employees, and does not oversee employees and ensure they are fulfilling their expectations. The buildings are not well maintained. Co-workers were generally nice, but are frequently changing from leaving/new hires. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the animals.
Bestfriend Pet Care
Kennel Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 4, 2016
That place was not first experienced I had, but learned a lot varieties of an animals during my childhood to present and love those very much to cherish and caring.
Decent place to work.
Doggy Daycare Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2016
I loved meeting all the different dogs that came in all of the time and seeing how they all interacted with each other. I probably wouldn't work there again but I met some great people and I learned quite a bit about myself and about the work place and I grew as an individual and became more reliable.
Fun work environment, but can be stressful
Camp Counselor, Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 22, 2016
Best Friends is a great place to work if you love animals. Although, it's not exactly just playing with dogs all day. Depending on your department, you will have several duties to accomplish.

First and foremost, you should recognize when an animal is sick or injured. The health an safety of animals in the facility's care should be priority number one.

Camp Counselors must be vigilant in watching the group play to ensure a safe environment for the dogs. This means understanding body language, and knowing how to safely break up a fight - if one were to occur. You will have anywhere from as little as 5 dogs to as many as over 30 dogs in camp with you depending on the day.

Animal Care Technicians are in charge of feeding the animals, cleaning and sanitizing the facility, and making sure every pet in the facility is healthy (are they eating? are the using the bathroom? are there any dogs in need of medical attention?). You are to make the Customer Service Reps aware of any issues, so they can inform the owners and see if any changes should be made to their care or if they should be taken to the vet.

The worst part of the job is that the hours fluctuate wildly from season to season. Over the summer, you will have as many hours as you want. In the fall and winter, your hours will drop dramatically.

The most rewarding part of the job is being able to spend so much time with various dogs and breeds, and having them be as excited to see you as you are to see them.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Poor management, Hours fluctuate seasonally