Operate computer numerical control machine tools. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts.
- Participate in all company training sessions.
- Reads blueprint for product specifications such as hole locations and dimensions, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and cutting tools to be used.
- Computes cutting speeds, feed rates, and dimensions.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Adds coolant to machine reservoir and turns valve to start flow of coolant.
- Files, sands, or shapes machined parts.
- Cleans machined parts.
- Verifies dimensions of machined work piece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, telescoping gauges, calipers, and dial indicators. Works to tolerance of plus or minus 0.001 inch.
- Have the ability to change the Jaws and Inserts as needed.
- Operator must have the ability to create Offsets as needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Must have working knowledge of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use math to determine tooling offsets, interpret gage readings and do other calculations.
- Use hand held measuring tools.
- Must be familiar with all the machines required to perform the tasks stated above.
- Able to perform basic set-ups on these machines and tools that are used in them.
- Must be familiar with G & M Code to program.
- Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand the entire shift.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.