Best Western Plus

Best Western Plus United States Employee Reviews

Definitely not a dull moment when working at a hotel
Front Desk/Receptionist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: Can sit if its slow
Cons: No breaks.
A typical day consists of check ins and check outs. Taking cash and credit card payments. Dealing with intoxicated people on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people from around the world.
Great place to work with reliable coworkers
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2015
Site visit preparation (gifts, PowerPoint’s, restaurant reservations), Special events and promotions design, organization and implementation. Execute VIP requests. Coordinate reservations requests and follow up with customers. Group Resume creation; request and confirm amenities.Attend select internal meetings and events.Call past guests and prospecting clientele. Proficiency with entering groups within the system. Assisting in booking/detailing weddings & social events
Great Work Environment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), 907 Holcomb Bridge Roswell GAMarch 26, 2015
• Preparing weekly schedule and Daily Report (Daily Business Summary DBA)
• Training and supervising of all front office staff
• Ensuring adherence to all systems and control procedures
• Next day arrival setup (Next day specials, billing, etc.)
• Documenting errors made by cash handling associates
• Hotel operating system’s experience in Opera, Nova Plus, ASI
• Sale’s and Banquet coordinator experience
Fast past busy work day
Certified Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2015
Come in make sure credit cards are balanced, assign rooms, work on rooms blocks work with the sales department, handle guest complaints, handle on line reservations. Learned how to set a schedule to what I need to do each day for each department I work with. The really wasn't a hardest part for me. I guess I would say I always take on more task that do not deal with my department to help out and gain the experience. My staff at the front desk is wonderful. They do what is asked of them and I show them a great deal of respect
Friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 11, 2015
Friendly environment for the most part except for a lack of respect from certain supervisors
High turnover rate of employees
Disorganized and lack of people taking responsibility for their mistakes
Love being with Best Western Plus
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMMarch 7, 2015
Pros: half off rooms
Cons: such late hours; (ex. working on holidays and until 11pm daily)
I love my job working with people. I check in and check out guests, handle phone calls to make reservations, and do anything in my power to make guests happy as possible.
Place is a disaster
Breakfast Host (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the whole job was a con
The job sucked the pay was absolutely ridiculous and my manager was rude all the time. They wouldn't let us leave. They wouldn't let us take a break and when we had to work late, they didn't even ask me if I could, they TOLD me I had to. Very unprofessional work place. I don't get disrespected ESPECIALLY not for minimum wage!!!
Strictly Ran Hotel Lacking Experienced Management
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Washington, MOJanuary 27, 2015
There were always a lot of people to meet from all over the country, but poorly ran from day-to-day due to inexperienced management and unclear job requirements.
Fast Paced, Fun Enviorment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Arkansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Followed up on our daily log, routine the check out/check in system. Follow up on accounts, receptionist details.
Working with people from all over the country. Showing excellent customer care.
Teamwork, team player with all employees on job site.
Very rewarding.
Fun work place great people.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Forney, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great fun work place
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I love working for Best Western the management are awesome, best management that I have had in a while. The hotel is very nice.
Strict office environment
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), Pompton Plains, NJDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free housing
Cons: only 20 minute breaks
A typical day at work comprised of handling day-to-day accounting transactions and producing financial reports for the General Manager. I learned how to set budgets for spending based on the amount of revenue the hotel received. Co-workers could have been more helpful in retrieving past reports and records. The hardest part of the job was organizing all the files necessary for the audit and explaining the data we had to the auditor. I enjoyed learning something new everyday whether it had to do with processing payroll or maintaining the chart of accounts
Great job - Heartless management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 25, 2014
Pros: the people who would check into the hotel
Cons: no healthcare, heartless management
I worked for this property for a very short amount of time. Although the workwas always amazing, Management was not so nice this time around.. I worked for Ashish Patel, and after working for his parents at another property and i must say is was not a nice experience at all. I did my best for this company and made over 2,000 dollars in upsales in almost 1 month. I had an emergancy one night andabsolutly had to leave because my son was throwing up and i had to take him to the hospital. the manager came in upset because he had to work and fired me on the spot. ( will explain more upon interview.)
Great Workplace
Front Desk (Current Employee), Seminole, TxNovember 5, 2014
Worked graveyards, so it went by slow, then some days it went by really fast.
Productive Learning Environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Marietta, OHNovember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interesting people I get to meet and talk to. My coworkers are great, and I get to learn so much about everything.
not a fun work place
Houseman (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: cheap drinks
Cons: short brakes
I think it could be better if some change was to happen it could be a nice place to work
Fun enviroment
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Waterville, MEOctober 27, 2014
Great place to work, very helpful employees had a lot of fun working there
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Cooperstown, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: a lot of hours in summer
Cons: no official breaks for front desk personel
I enjoyed working at Best Western, the shifts can be long at times. I learned how to handle and cope with guests in a professional manner. Management was great worked with my availability, was available to talk if having any issues. coworkers are great they have been there along time so made fitting in a bit hard when your seasonal.
There really wasn't anything I didn't enjoy about my job it was a challenge at time but I was up for the task.
I loved meeting the guests and assuring they had a nice stay,
Best Western Plus
Front Desk Agent / Sales Assistant (Current Employee), State College, PAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment, learned a lot
Cons: understaffed, lacking experience
This is a great second job that has taught me about all aspects of the hotel industry. I enjoy interacting with guests from all over the world and meeting different people, it's always something new. One thing is for sure, this job keeps you on your toes. My manager is great and my co workers are a great asset to the company.
great place to work
Customer service (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 7, 2014
i love it here. It is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and the staff always go above any beyond to make sure the guest is always satisfied with the best western brand.
Best Western
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), SavannahOctober 2, 2014
this was a seasonal job for me. I've worked in this field before and enjoyed it.

1 2 3 4 5