Best Western Employee Reviews

Found 1,974 reviews matching the search
Job is entry level
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Paris, KYSeptember 26, 2016
This job has a lot of duties spite of pay. work schedules are never done on time. Management does not handle all employees the same. Overall it is a easy job, with a lot of responsibility and the pay isn't good.
Productive and fun place to work. I loved the staff there.
Room Attendant- Clean Rooms (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 26, 2016
A work day consisted of cleaning rooms and checking rooms a few days per week. The hardest part of the job was not getting days off work for weeks at a time.
Nice people and good hotel
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2016
Good place to work. Amount of work is pretty fair but can be difficult at times. Good people very friendly.I have enjoyed working there overall but one downside is having to stand pretty much the whole time.
Senior Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2016
Great teamwork to help when work was heavy. Good communications between management and workers.

We did our work without a lot of management interference.

The Accounts Payable Team had dead lines to meet every week/month/ year and we met them.

Work with General Ledger Accountants
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Healthcare
Long hours at night, very lonely
Front Desk Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CASeptember 22, 2016
working the night required a lot of patience and also provides being able to stay awake from night till morning. I've learned that it is very hard to stay up late. management was always there to provide help if needed.
laid back yet productive job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Check in and out guests. learned computer skills and costumer service skills. Hardest part of the job was staying awake when doing night audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and applying important costumer service skills.
Pros
laid back and not to overwhelming
Cons
late night auditing
Very Unprofessional Workplace!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 22, 2016
If you're looking for a professional work environment this would not be the place for you. Management is very unprofessional and hotel is very old so be prepared to deal with the backlash from guest. I would not recommend this hotel for employment.
Pros
Guests and get paid weekly
Cons
Management, very old hotel
Great company
Clerical Assistant/ Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Great company to work for, would recommend to anyone, great staff, always professional and very caring. Great place to work
disgusting place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 20, 2016
after seeing how housekeeping works and the way they work makes me not want to stay in a hotel ever again using the same rags for everything and only changing top sheats
Poor Work Environment
House Maid/Laundry/Front Desk/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Over worked, 40+ hrs.
Coworkers where rude and unprofessional.
Management where lazy with their work.
I enjoyed no part of this job.
Owner was rude to employees
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 17, 2016
It was very typical to have 6 to 10 employees come and go in one month due to Manager's rudeness.

He had no compassion for anyone and didn't care if an employee was extremely sick or had a relative on the deathbed. He would not communicate to employees about what the job expectations were; he would only say they were off the schedule.

He was selective in hiring and always hired younger, slender, attractive girls with no experience over anyone with experience. He also promised to call back many interviewees but never did.

If a customer had a complaint or issue, he only spoke with 10% of those and just ignored calls and e-mails from the others.
Pros
Cons
A mean boss
Management and Ownership changes at the Hotel
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Business has since changed to a different hotel chain. All staff has changed as well. These changes are likely for the best. As far as front desk positions go, I believe the position was average in pay, flexibility, and scheduling.
A nice work enviorment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 15, 2016
Best western is a nice entry level job into the work field. Career wise its not the best choice if looking for something long term.
Slow job
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 15, 2016
I mostly worked the night shift, 11pm-7am. It was not very busy, but very draining. I would come in, see who was checked in and who still needed to check in. I would see what rooms were left, who had special requests. I would try and lock the doors after I clocked in as to not let just anybody in. Around 2am I would do financial reports and print them out for my manager to review in the morning.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
Fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 14, 2016
I am a fast learner and love working with people. I can do multi task and follow instructions. I use to volunteer in the library when my kids were in school back in Canada.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No break
Housekeeping manger/ housekeeper
Housekeeper /housekeeping assistant supervisors (Former Employee) –  South Ogden, UTSeptember 12, 2016
I was hired on to be a housekeeper and after one year I was trained to be and assistant manger
I worked there for five years I loved every minute of it
Pros
Iloved meeting all the people
Cons
the housekeeping manger was very all over the place
didn't like
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Best Western when I first started had an amazing owner that cared about the place and while I was there changed owners. I feel like they let the place go. They skip important corners when it came to maintenance and they were very cricked. My typical day at work was coming in and getting a long list of things to do on top of my normal very busy job. I am not afraid of work but i would literally have to run in order to get everything done.
Cons
no breaks, no health care, minimum wage
A nice place to work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  GlenvillleSeptember 8, 2016
This is a really nice place to work. I have no complaints. Other than one of the managers tried to choke me once. That was really awkward, and a really poor time since HR decided to do nothing about it.
productive place
Assisting housekeepers (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 8, 2016
there is always work and improvement to be done I learned quite a bit of things even learned things about people management had its good and bad but was average the co workers were very average also the hardest part I would say preparing beds and most enjoyable part lunch break
Beautiful hotel and really good management.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Intercourse, PASeptember 8, 2016
This place is beautiful, and the rooms are nice. I worked as a house keeper, and was promoted to supervisor. I ended up leaving because the pay wasn't what I wanted. Management was awesome when I was there in 2014. The owner is cool too, laid back and yet serious. The housekeeping team has it hard, especially in the summer, sometimes the tips are few, it can be really frustrating. But then I've had my good days making over a hundred( rare). Overall this is good for a starter job, unless you really want to make a career of it. I actually really enjoyed my employment there, too bad housekeepers don't get paid more.
Pros
Decent tips, great manager, fun environment.
Cons
Pay, big work load, tips.