Best Western Employee Reviews

General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILAugust 26, 2015
• Provided every customer with a quality stay at an affordable price.
• Motivate all hotel staff and provide them with clear guidance in performing their duties and maximize hotel revenues and profit.
• Monitor current hotel operations to identify and address potential problem areas and bottlenecks that may be stifling optimum performance.
• Entered financial information and payments to guarantee that employees and vendors were paid accurately and on time.
• Streamlined daily reporting information entry for efficient record keeping purposes.
• Ensure that all renovations are on schedule and mandatory deadline are met.
nice
Housekeeper, clerk stand in (Former Employee), Ames, IAAugust 25, 2015
environment was good nice staff helped me out a lot, my boss was very nice!! we provided excellent service, clean rooms warm food.
great job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 24, 2015
Worked in the accounting department. Everyone was friendly and willing to help and work together as a team. Great management
I enjoyed the aspects of the job and the people.
Front Desk Supervisor/Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Goshen, INAugust 22, 2015
Fun and entertaining workplace full of a variety of people from all different walks of life. I found it enjoyable to meet people from all over the world.
very nice work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not a great pay
my co workers were from all parts of the world and we shared very interesting situations and guests were very nice it was a very peaceful and fun environment
Semi-productive with a friendly workplace.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: The abundance of overtime.
Cons: Lack of breaks, lack of management.
A typical day involved a lot of prep work before the shift started. The most business was during the summer due to tourism and events. Through the training of my father at work, I learned how to be a prep cook and make soups that the customers loved. Upon my promotion, I learned how to work on the line and how to control the flat-top. Most of the cooks I worked with have had plenty of experience. Communication was never an issue. The management had issues. Our kitchen manager wasn't present so our restaurant manager had to pull multiple shifts. The hardest part of the job was controlling a banquet while having a busy night. The easiest part of the job was the cleaning up process.
very understanding, fun laid back enviroment
front desk (Former Employee), bowling green flAugust 19, 2015
Pros: able to work independently
Cons: NO benefits and couldnt take a lunch had to bring lunch with and eat when time was available
Depending on what shift its normally slow and if busy its still easy enough job to get it all caught up and done. I've learned how night audit works because i've never done it before. Management was great they were very understanding and fair with all employees.As far as the co-workers go i stay to myself the relationship there as well as anywhere you go it is what you make it it I prefer a calm quite – more... get to work, work life! The Hardest part of the job was really nothing i just paid attention and learned what i didn't know if i had any questions i asked and i took notes.What i liked the most about the job is that management will be there to help you if you need them for help but will turn you lose and give you space as soon as they have gone over everything with you and they don't smother you. I for me I loved it because I love working independently ! – less
fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
You clean rooms and make sure everything is running like its supposed to and make sure the guest are happy. The co-workers where great because you get to chat with them and have them help you with things.
good work place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2015
● Processed guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments.
● Handle & coordinate computerized room assignments and pre-arrivals.
● Coordinated reservations with third party sites (travelocity, expedia etc.).
● Offer referral for services and handle requests for information.
● Handle and store client luggage .
● Assist with the check-in and check-out of groups and tours.
● Assist other departments as required (housekeeping, Laundry, event setups).
● Assisted with training of new employees.
Friendly staff and clients
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2015
Had a great time learning the hospitality industry. Had the best staff, who made my job easier. only draw back was there was no formal training from the day i was promoted to assistant manager. Went from running front desk to doing everything from time sheets to accounts payable.
Productive and fun place to work. Learn lot of things
Manager (Former Employee), Refugio, TXAugust 11, 2015
I Learned from Hotels are as follows :Accounting functions, Hospitality etiquette, Special event production, Employee & public relations, Hospitality property management and many more things.
I love this Company
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Emporia, KSAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for, great staff
Cons: Emporia
I love my guests, my employees, and love having say so in the progression of the company. I feel like there's much advancement with the company, and that the owners of my specific hotel truly care for their employees.
Don't work here if you want to be happy.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Nice customers, good money
Cons: Poor management, not flexable.
I was treated very poorly, I stuck around longer then I should've due to having great coworkers. The management was terrible. I loved that I basically chose my hours since I was off work when I finished my rooms but that's about it.
Very clean, always busy and time flew by fast, the rooms were nice too
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Holbrook, AZAugust 8, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: When a co worker gets fired
There were always compliments about how I neatly made every beds and how clean I left the restrooms, when there was a new hire they would ask me to train the person. Best Western was my first Housekeeping job ever and it was a piece a'cake I learned so much and so fast. Manager and supervisor are so nice, encouraging, and hard working. Co workers came to work clean and ready to take on any task and great help especially on my first day. My hardest part on the job was when there were no clean sheets available, that's when the laundry lady is trying to get all of it washed and dry. Enjoyable part of the job is leaving every room clean and smelling good and spotless also tips and pay check.
fast paced workplace, but overall time consuming
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Knowing that at the end of each day i felt accomplished.
Cons: My manager
My typical day would start by stocking my cart with linens, towels, soaps, shampoos etc... i would clean my rooms in an efficient yet fast paced manner within 15-30 minutes in each room and a typical day I would end up with about 16-18 rooms. I would greet the people that were staying there and provided them with whatever he or she needed. My supervisor was a wonderful and outgoing person and she would help out as much as she possibly could. My coworkers were friendly but I pretty much kept to myself. I would say that the hardest part of my job would be when i would have to push the carts because they would get so heavy after a long day. I loved knowing that i was good at my job and every day that passed i got even better.
thr most enjoyable part of the job
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORAugust 5, 2015
Pros: learning new job skills
Cons: no bennifits
working with vendors to bring in business to hotel learning accounts payable and payroll while also performing front desk duties staff very friendly and team work
busy, clean, friendly environment
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee), Plover, WIAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: no set schedule or hours
filling out paperwork, assigning rooms to housekeepers, stripping rooms, doing laundry, cleaning rooms and public areas.
I learned how to do paperwork, laundry, how to change the status of a room in the computer.
The management is great, very understanding and helpful to employees and guests.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing how many hours you will get or what days you will be working.
I enjoyed everything about my job except not having a set schedule.
Job Review
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Los Alamos, NMAugust 4, 2015
Working at Best Western was a great experience. Learned how to communicate with individuals, shows hard work pays off, and just a great company overall.
Fun and professional Enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Health care and 41k
Cons: Not too many hrs
I Have Learned to have patients with customers and that customers come first. Having Excellent customer service can really make a difference when it comes to the business you can up sale and the doors of opportunity open up.
Not productive and organized
Concierge Agent & Reservations (Current Employee), West Palm Beach FlAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Developing supportive relationships with the guests
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is answering telephone and greeting guests. I have learned to communicate with guest that have bad attitudes. Management is responsible for providing safe and engaging atmosphere for the employees. With encourages responsibility and social competencies in a non-punitive manner. My co-workers support the goals of the department through effective teamwork. There wasn't any thing that was hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the guest and providing general and Administrative Team Support.