BestTransport, an industry leader in cloud-based computing solutions for shippers in the mid-market, is looking for an experienced Software Developer. This position, based in Columbus, Ohio offers ‘cloud-based’ solutions for the planning, scheduling, and execution of transportation services by manufacturers and distributors in several lines of business. Best Transport’s customers include both Fortune 500 enterprises as well as mid-market businesses.
The Software Developer will be a part of the Product Development team. He/She will investigate complex problems, as well as contribute to design, code and testing. He/She will also be responsible for developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining stable, high-performing code across development, test, and production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
- 2+ years of experience working as a developer
- Practical knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Highly proficient in writing, analyzing, and tuning SQL code
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining complex web-based applications
- Detail-oriented working style with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize business tasks
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, excellent communication and reporting abilities
- Self-directing and highly proactive while working independently and part of a team
- Have experience in design and writing requirements
- Team Player
- Experience with ASP, COM+, VBScript, CSS, HTML, XML
- Experience developing multi-lingual web applications using the .NET framework.
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining DTS (Data Transformation Services) and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience in the Transportation Industry is a plus
Candidate will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Analyze and solve problems in existing systems.
- Design, code and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues. Provide ongoing assessment of performance concerns and opportunities.
- Translating requirements and design into code
- Participate in system design and functional requirements.
- Participate in architectural reviews and plans.
- Provide on-call support and availability for occasional after-hours or weekend work.
- Assist technical leadership in enforcing coding practices, including source code management, coding standards, testing procedures, defect tracking, release management, and documentation.
- Collaborate with the customer team to ensure production issues are addressed immediately.
- Ensure timely follow up of all assigned projects, regardless of existing workload.
- Proactively seek out solutions to less common problems, developing workarounds for customer problems, and performing bug verification for reported issues when appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of all product features and functionality through on-going training and self-initiated research and testing.
BestTransport supplies web-based transportation execution software to a host of high volume shippers with their
carriers. For the past...