SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
BestTransport, an industry leader in cloud-based computing solutions for shippers in the mid-market, is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA). This position, based in Columbus, Ohio offers ‘cloud-based’ solutions for the planning, scheduling, and execution of transportation services by manufacturers and distributors in several lines of business. Best Transport’s customers include both Fortune 500 enterprises as well as mid-market businesses.
The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) will be a part of the Product Development team. He/She will investigate complex problems, monitor performance, contribute to back-up and recovery procedures, and configure and install SQL Server database software. He/She will also be responsible for developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining stable, high-performing SQL code across development, test, and production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer/database administrator using SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Highly proficient in writing, analyzing, and tuning SQL code.
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, and maintaining DTS (Data Transformation Services) and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional data models.
- Detail-oriented working style with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize business tasks.
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills, excellent communication and reporting abilities
- Self-directing and highly proactive while working independently and part of a team
- Team Player
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience developing for websites.
- Good debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Be very detailed oriented
- Good working knowledge of IIS, TCP/IP in a windows environment
- Have an understanding of common data structures and algorithms
Candidate will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Configure and maintain system and application databases across multiple database servers.
- Create and execute database backup and recovery procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database performance issues. Provide ongoing assessment of performance concerns and opportunities.
- Manage database replication, capacity planning, resource (memory/CPU/disk) utilization, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Develop complex stored procedures and other functional components to support application systems.
- Implement user security in accordance with industry-standard best practices.
- Provide on-call support and availability for occasional after-hours or weekend work.
- Special projects as assigned.
Indeed - 7 months ago