BET Networks

BET Networks Employer Reviews

First Internship and it was a Success
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time at BET Networks. From the beginning of the internship back in June of 2014, I felt like I belonged and I was treated as such until the end of the internship in August of 2014. I dealt with a lot of aspects including updating different spreadsheets for some of BET's biggest specials that garner their highest ratings throughout the year. I also shadowed and assisted the Stage Manager for Bobby Jones Gospel as well as assisted in the Video Production truck for Bobby Jones Gospel as well. It was definitely an experience that I would recommend to undergraduate students who are interested in the entertainment industry because my experience alone provided a real world view of how this industry operates from the inside out.
Work/Life balance
Programing Assistant (Current Employee), washington, dcDecember 22, 2014
it is a great company to jump start your career and learn about the televsion industry
Fast Paced and Goal Oriented office
Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
Awesome co- workers
company made sure you were current with the latest strategies
same as previous
Receptionist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
same as previous review for BET Networks; same location and similar position, just for a shorter amount of time
Helpdesk/ Desktop Support Technician
Helpdesk/ Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Provided support via desk-side & remote access through utilizing Team Viewer remote access software
Reimaged all new & software defected machines to the company standard original state
Provided Hardware installs & maintenance for computers, printers & video conferencing equipment
Assisted the migration team in order to help conduct the new XP to Windows 7 rollout project.
Amazing environment and great co-workers.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Washington DcAugust 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working for BET Networks was interacting with the people. They were always nice and respectful everyday you saw them.
Loved My Position
Intern for Talent and Casting Department (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Collaborates as production assistant for Music Programming and Talent department
• Works on-site during rehearsals, tapings and live production of tent pole programming including 106 & Park
• Formulates creative ideas for show content and casting for weekly meetings
• Researches for local talent pool appearances and reoccurring trends
BET is only beneficial to an individual if they're an Associate
VCI Assistant (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch and breakfast sometimes
Cons: freelance position (no job security)
The work was comprehendible, but freelance workers such as myself weren't allowed to make mistakes. If a mistake was made the department that I worked in would be notified not just my boss. Also the system used to complete tasks and assignments was mistake prone and usually what caused the mistakes made, but my bosses over looked that fact. I learned how to schedule programs into a system so that it would be ready air the following week. Management was less than satisfactory and there was always someone looking to blame someone else for a mistake made. The hardest part of the job was working with my managers and bosses because there wasn't a common ground as far as fairness in my department and reconciliation was next to impossible to achieve if a mistake was made. My bosses were very petty and very quick to dictate what myself and other freelance co-workers should do to improve without actually having any idea what our work consists of. The most enjoyable part of the job was being commended when the work completed appeared flawless.
Sucks!
Research (Former Employee), New YorkApril 17, 2014
Pros: working for viacom
Cons: landry list
One of the worse places to work in the entertainment industry....Lack structure for learning....every man for themselves type of environment.
This is a very fast paced environment
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
This is a very fast paced environment. Overall, it is great place to start your career in the entertainment industry.
Great!!!!
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great culture, great employees
-The company has a great moral and work ethic

-Learned alot about different component and areas of different departments that effect my duties
Ad sales dept was unprofessional and demoralizing
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee), ny nyJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: too many to list
I don't recommend people who have self-worth to work here. A lot of broken promises are made. It's a company where they only care about themselves.
Productive, Family-Oriented Environment
Manager, Human Resources & Total Rewards (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2013
Working at BET Networks has been truly a rewarding experience. I've never worked for a company where the focus is truly about employee well-being. This focus enables employees to be productive and continue to thrive. From the very top, management is very supportive as far as career development as well as ensuring a work-life balance. I especially appreciate the employees, all of which I consider my family inside and outside the workplace.
Entrepreneurial Environment, with a strong Brand
Senior Vice President, East Coast Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great brands
Cons: negative work/life balance
Fast paced environment that challenges employees. Not suitable for those looking for a quality work life balance.
Small company issues with corporate red tape
Director of Social Media (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: family feel
Cons: disorganized, siloed work flow, lack of advancement
BET is successful by brute force. We are often under-staffed. This tv company is not as progressive as it could be in the ever changing (especially digital focused) world.
Productive work in directors truck!
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, new people
Cons: short breaks, hours
I learned about myself and what I want to do as a career at this job. It has given me access to learn about my craft. To perfect my craft. I enjoyed it.
The best CEOs!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 25, 2013
Pros: great salary increases, yearly bonuses, fun and interesting place to work
This was one of my favorite jobs. The executive staff members were great to work with, and I enjoyed learning about the cable television business. I worked under two executive assistants, in the CEOs office, and was in touch with the day-to-day operations of running a successful cable television business.
Great space to learn and grow
Production Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2013
I was an intern here for a summer. It was an awesome time. Everyone was young and ready to work. We stayed up late nights and the mornings were early, but we learned so much. Lessons that you will carry with you to every job thereafter.
FUN WORK PLACE
CREATIVE PRODUCTION INTERN (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2013
i have a blast working and learning a lot more about TV production there.Loving and caring team there.
Productive and good place to work for.
Receptionist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Great place to work for if you would want to further your career in media.

About BET Networks

You might say this network gives cable TV some street cred. Black Entertainment Television operates BET, the leading cable channel – Read more