BET Networks Employee Reviews

Great Start.
Ad Sales/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
BET is really a family workplace. When you work here your network turns into a family with people who want to see you succeed and grow. However with the many changes going on with the company sometimes you will not know when there may be lay offs.
Pros
caring enviornment
Cons
layoffs
Bet
Executive Assistant to Chief Digital Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
I wish circumstances weren't the way they were because I really enjoy working for the company! Fun culture, beautiful offices, and an eclectic work culture make it always an exciting place.
Pros
Lots of perks and discounts, great salary and benefits
Cons
Viacom's future is very nebulous at this time
I work freelance in the film industry and have done a few shows with them while they are here in Detroit.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2017
Typical out of town production, somewhat hectic but fun and knowledgeable crew. I worked on "Preachers of Detroit", a Loni Love Comedy special, and one other I day played on for a few days but can't recall the production...
awsome job!
Talent Escort (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2017
I do enjoy working for BET networks . I am a freelance production assistant , and talent escort. I do travel from time to time. Only when the shows i work are out of state.
Pros
not consistent
Cons
Great opportunities, room for growth.
Great place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  1540 BroadwayMay 5, 2017
Bet networks is a wonderful place to work. It's like a family....A family that cares about its employees.

I am not an employee of bet networks but work here through solomon page group (temp agency)
Bet
Casting Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Loved working for BET/ NYC they gave so much room to grow and believed in me to run the NYC Scripted casting for all shows across the roster. Travel and perks were a plus
Pros
Travel / growth
Cons
Job was based in LA
positive review
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2017
This company is amazing. I would love to come back and work for the company any day. I've learned so much from the people there and I will take everything I've learned and apply it in my next job.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
Had the time of my life working with BET. Meeting people from all fields of media was a dream come true. Just having dead time between shoots was one of the moments where you could really get off track but nothing coffee want solve.
Pros
Starting and finishing a project
Cons
Long hours at times
Great fun work enviorment
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
. The hardest part about the job was the work but it was still not an issue.
The management was exceptionally good.
Great job, great people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 24, 2016
A typical work day would include showing up to the squad room and getting assigned two positions for the evening. I have learned to expect the unexpected because things can change in a second. I have excellent supervisors and co- workers in this company. The best part of the job is being able to make sure everyone feels safe. I enjoy when talent needs an escort you find out some of your biggest idles or ordinary people.
Pros
Free Parking, wonderful people, great perks (BET Awards)
Cons
no benifits, the jobs are being outsourced, watching people get laid off and deactive badges
Fun and exciting place to work
Vice President- Finance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2016
The people at BET Networks make working hard easy.

The business is slowly relocating to New York City so the most jobs in DC require travel to New York City on a regular basis.
Hetic. Lots shopping,styling and celebrities. Great networking.
Head Wardrobe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
Working at the studio was thrill everyday. From running back and forth to the malls to meeting with designers and manufactures, there was never a dull moment. Working with 80+ coworkers on a project really helped me learn how to approach people and situations of all types. With such a big company, each department had their own manager. I had the privilege of making my manager, my mentor. Everyone one set had something unique about them. you could learn something new from anyone in the building. People were friendly and welcomed others like family. The hardest part for working of this job would be the traffic. I had to learn to leave earlier than normal and to take backroads to make it somewhere at the appropriate time. Other than Atlanta traffic, I enjoyed everything about this job.
Pros
Free buffet lunch. Free family tickets to production.
Great Experience!
Sales/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Working at BET was a great experience. A different culture than I was used to coming from a financial background.

It was amazing to be a part of such a dynamic environment.
Pros
Lots of great perks!
Cons
Compensation, poor job security.
Don't work here
Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
One of the most unprofessional establishments I've ever worked for in my entire career in sales. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy.
Amazing people great experiences and adventures working here
Production Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
Its an amazing place sometimes one can honestly forget they are working. People have such great personalities everyone believes in team work as well as getting the job done. The lay out of the office looks amazing with so many bright colors. I honestly loved working here but i am ready to move on to bigger and better things.
Fun work environment, which can be somewhat unprofessional at times
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Lack of visibility and engagement with management and lower level employees. Decent amount of politics, but to be expected of a big company. Frequent reorganization leading to mass lay-offs.
BET Networks
Programming & Scheduling Analytical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
There is very little work/life balance. Your job is your life and spend most of your time at the office working on a project for it to be last min changed or just scrapped all together.
Very challenging yet rewarding environment
Administrative Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
The work environment is tough as nails, but they get the job done. You are definitely kept on your toes, but the lessons you learn in the workplace are indeed valuable.
Great work environment.
Human Resources Generalist/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2015
Supportive management and colleagues. Great work environment.Great opportunities. Great benefits courtesy of Viacom.
no space to grow.
Development - Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  new york, nyAugust 10, 2015
the holiday parties are nice. great place to learn and prepare for the real production world. poor pay. poor management.
Cons
no freelancer benefits, poor management, poor compensation