BET Networks Employee Reviews

Great fun work enviorment
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
. The hardest part about the job was the work but it was still not an issue.
The management was exceptionally good.
Great job, great people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 24, 2016
A typical work day would include showing up to the squad room and getting assigned two positions for the evening. I have learned to expect the unexpected because things can change in a second. I have excellent supervisors and co- workers in this company. The best part of the job is being able to make sure everyone feels safe. I enjoy when talent needs an escort you find out some of your biggest idles or ordinary people.
Pros
Free Parking, wonderful people, great perks (BET Awards)
Cons
no benifits, the jobs are being outsourced, watching people get laid off and deactive badges
Fun and exciting place to work
Vice President- Finance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2016
The people at BET Networks make working hard easy.

The business is slowly relocating to New York City so the most jobs in DC require travel to New York City on a regular basis.
Hetic. Lots shopping,styling and celebrities. Great networking.
Head Wardrobe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
Working at the studio was thrill everyday. From running back and forth to the malls to meeting with designers and manufactures, there was never a dull moment. Working with 80+ coworkers on a project really helped me learn how to approach people and situations of all types. With such a big company, each department had their own manager. I had the privilege of making my manager, my mentor. Everyone one set had something unique about them. you could learn something new from anyone in the building. People were friendly and welcomed others like family. The hardest part for working of this job would be the traffic. I had to learn to leave earlier than normal and to take backroads to make it somewhere at the appropriate time. Other than Atlanta traffic, I enjoyed everything about this job.
Pros
Free buffet lunch. Free family tickets to production.
Great Experience!
Sales/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Working at BET was a great experience. A different culture than I was used to coming from a financial background.

It was amazing to be a part of such a dynamic environment.
Pros
Lots of great perks!
Cons
Compensation, poor job security.
Don't work here
Sales Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
One of the most unprofessional establishments I've ever worked for in my entire career in sales. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy.
Amazing people great experiences and adventures working here
Production Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
Its an amazing place sometimes one can honestly forget they are working. People have such great personalities everyone believes in team work as well as getting the job done. The lay out of the office looks amazing with so many bright colors. I honestly loved working here but i am ready to move on to bigger and better things.
Fun work environment, which can be somewhat unprofessional at times
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Lack of visibility and engagement with management and lower level employees. Decent amount of politics, but to be expected of a big company. Frequent reorganization leading to mass lay-offs.
BET Networks
Programming & Scheduling Analytical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
There is very little work/life balance. Your job is your life and spend most of your time at the office working on a project for it to be last min changed or just scrapped all together.
Very challenging yet rewarding environment
Administrative Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
The work environment is tough as nails, but they get the job done. You are definitely kept on your toes, but the lessons you learn in the workplace are indeed valuable.

Want to know more about BET Networks?

Ask a question
Great work environment.
Human Resources Generalist/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2015
Supportive management and colleagues. Great work environment.Great opportunities. Great benefits courtesy of Viacom.
no space to grow.
Development - Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  new york, nyAugust 10, 2015
the holiday parties are nice. great place to learn and prepare for the real production world. poor pay. poor management.
Cons
no freelancer benefits, poor management, poor compensation
Great Environment
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2015
BET is an awesome place to work. Prior to being bought out by Viacom, the atmosphere was nice, manager was great and Debra Lee made sure each and every employee felt appreciated. Things change a lot once Viacom took over. Lack of communication, poor management and the environment was begun to get hostile. Overall, pay is great and the perks are even better.
Pros
Staff appreciation, perks
Cons
New managements lack of communication
The best first job ever
Quality Control Technician/ Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2015
Working at BET was a dream come true at one point. The pay was amazing 36k a year, and for me at that time was great. We were paid weekly and had a set schedule of 9-7. It had benefits, vacation days and every holiday we were off. There were not tough parts about work. As a Quality Control Technician I had to be detailed oriented watching all the outgoing material catching mispelled words or any flaws in the video. Co-workers were fun to work with, dress code was casual and opportunities to grow in the company were always given.
Awsome real life Television Production Work Environment!
1st Assistant Camera (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2015
We arrive for general crew assembly; after all members are present we discuss the routine for the day, then proceed to break into smaller groups for shooting.
Productive Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2015
I did and internship with BET networks and I loved it! My typical day at this internship was that I trained with supervisor to familiarize tasks. Engaged in business meetings. Data entry tasks. Assisted talent when working on a production. Collaborated with others for achievement.
Pros
Cookouts, Productions
Family oriented workplace
Catering Manager/Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
I really enjoying working at BET Networks , I love engaging with our guest and getting to know them better. I love the array of yummy lunch and breakfast items provided . Our Chef Is awesome as well
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough pay
Overall, BET Networks was a great ambassadorship and wonderful opportunity.
"BET What's At Stake" Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed doing an ambassadorship with BET Networks because it was able to be a stepping stone for me in advancing in my career. I learned so much by working with people of multiple age groups to get a message to the youth. I had fun, learned how to use my voice, and met great people and made lots of connections! Thank you!
Ever changing, lively workplace
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
My time at BET was challenging but good for my growth. A typical day consisted of processing invoices, processing travel expense reports, and providing excel reports to manager. I learned some of the differences between the purchasing and travel departments at BET and that was a good opportunity to see work from a different perspective. Management was supportive and gave what was needed to be effective at work, Co-workers were good people who were willing to help. The hardest part of the job was how fast job functions would change, but that was also the most enjoyable part because it taught me not to get comfortable and to always increase my skill.
Pros
Ever changing workplace
Cons
Can be hard to find a comfort zone
Fun Place but long hours
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Long Hours and needs more family/worklife balance

Great culture!!
Pros
Free entertainment tickets
Cons
Long hours, family/work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BET Networks. Our community is ready to answer.