As directed by the Senior Product Manager – Skin Care/Air Care & Education, plan, organize and control the category from product conception through all phases of the product life cycle (introductory, growth, maturity and decline) with accountability for growing and optimizing category P&L, brand positioning, brand/product awareness as well as providing sales support and promotional activities. Position requires a self-starter with a strong bias for action with demonstrated marketing experience. Must work in concert with other team members, distributors, end users, sales, Senior Product Manager and possibly senior management. Responsibilities are executed in a climate of frequent interruptions, evolving priorities and implemented both direct and through extensive delegation. Position requires approximately 5% to 10% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist in the development of the Annual Marketing Plan and Budget for the Air Care Category.
- Assist in the development of the strategic goals that drive short and long term sales and brand growth and profitability.
- As directed, perform “SWOT” (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats) analysis of all key competitors to identify opportunities, i.e., new products, markets, channels, etc.
- As directed, identify and analyze market opportunities and act opportunistically with products and programs based on changes in product end use and application, demographics, competitive behavior and fit with growth objectives. Also as directed, test product concepts, formulations and attributes to meet market needs as well as provide technical and financial justification for product selection and definition.
- As directed, utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to mine external market research and internal “data warehouse” to develop new product concepts and programs.
- As directed, lead/drive new product and program development efforts working in conjunction with a cross-functional team consisting of Sales, R&D - Lab, R&D - Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Senior Product Manager and possibly Senior Management as well as manage all of the day-to-day aspects of the product line.
- Recommend pricing strategies that maximize sales revenue and gross margin objectives while taking into account competitive pressures.
- Responsible for the rationalization of the product line as well as simplification of the packaging and pricing models.
- Manage and direct the implementation of the marketing mix bringing together all elements to insure that products and programs achieve both short and long-term revenue and gross margin objectives.
- Create trade marketing and promotional programs including analyzing sales revenue and gross margin impact of programs.
- Travel and work with the sales organization, distributors and end users to understand product and category fitness for use.
- Works effectively across the Betco organization and fosters teamwork.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Marketing with MBA preferred, but not required.
- 1 - 3 years product or brand management experience including the new product/program development experience (from inception through product/program launch and rollout) along with a track record of increasing responsibility.
- Has assisted in the development of the P&L for a product category including budget planning, management and control.
- Has assisted in the development and execution of annual marketing plan including advertising, media, promotional and event planning.
- Demonstrated strength in working closely with sales and other cross functional personnel.
Knowledge and understanding of the Skin Care and Air Care category.
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
Strong analytical skills
Knowledge of data manipulation - Queries and Pivot Tables
Understanding of the “phase gate” New Product Development (NPD) process for developing products and programs
Adobe Acrobat knowledge and use is a plus
CRM knowledge is a plus
Strong presentation skills
Since 1950, Betco has been an industry leader in supporting facilities maintenance professionals. Our journey has taken us...