The Senior Web Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications. In addition, will direct outside consultants (or internal resources) as required to meet project timelines. Works with CIO to maintain project plans and follows prescribed project methodology to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Overall responsibility to maintain robust intranet and internet environments along with implementing security within the site to ensure data integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for change control entries on the IT website prior to any significant software modification that could negatively affect business operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Business analysis and business process understanding.
- Strong ability to assist clients with business requirements for their SharePoint and Office System based solutions and create the appropriate information architecture and solutions approach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, configuring, programming and unit testing for information worker applications based on Microsoft technologies.
- Experience producing end-user and technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently with users and executives to expand the use of SharePoint to address business issues.
- Can help others in the organization with SharePoint knowledge at a level of understanding appropriate to their job function.
- Ability to know when SharePoint is not the right solution for a business problem and can communicate this effectively.
- Technical SharePoint-specific experience and skills:
- Must possess an in depth understanding of the capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint Designer 2007.
- Knowledge must include architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations.
- In depth experience with Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process and Forms, and/or Business Intelligence.
- SharePoint experience must include SharePoint Designer workflows, effective use of the data view web part (DVWP), content query web part, data form web part, navigation customization, and some branding customization.
- Experience with SharePoint templates (site templates, list templates, master page customization) is required.
- Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2005 is required.
- Experience with server installation, performance tuning is not required but valued.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
3-5 years of direct or related job experience
2+ years SQL Programming and Administration experience
2+ years’ experience C#.NET/VB.NET
BI + SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
Computer work for extended period of time.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Since 1950, Betco has been an industry leader in supporting facilities maintenance professionals. Our journey has taken us...