Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employer Reviews

Co-Workers I enjoyed working with
Nutrition Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part I enjoyed was the patients got to know most of the patients, I enjoyed my job it wasnt hard and my co-workers was good, I learned alot at this job.
ER Experience
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 16, 2015
I have been able to create a great foundation for the jump start to my nursing career. The hospital has a large patient volume with a large range in cases to increase my experience. I enjoy my co-workers and that we work as a team and always have each others back.
Great environment and great coworkers
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2015
Great environment and great coworkers. Great place to start learning essential skills and very flexible/reasonable with taking time off. I work with great people but in my current position there is not a lot of opportunity to advance but still a great place.
Great Place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Traditional xray department in the heart of Boston. High Pay. Great Benefits. Destination Boston Pay for traveling. Away from my family long.
Kitchen
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Utility work, delivered food in the trays to different part floors, Cleaned dish rooms, put food on shelves, brought medical supplies to the floors, and delivered laundry lines and towels to all the floors. The people that were there were friendly and easy to get a along with them.
Great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 11, 2014
Management needs improvement
Needs better communication with employees
Enjoyable Job
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 10, 2014
This is one of the best places to work and I really enjoy working here. The pay isn't necessarily comparable to other places I have been, but the atmosphere and reputation are unmatched.
Collaborative environment focused on patient satisfaction.
HOSPITALIST DIVISION ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 10, 2014
As the Hospitalist Division Administrator I oversee Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare’s Hospitalist programs managing the hospitalists of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Milton. Estimate volume and expenses for year ahead, developing and managing two budgets accordingly. Lead physician recruitment, including prescreening applicants, scheduling interviews, salary negotiations and ultimately job offer. Independently compose complicated and sensitive reports, documents, and high-level presentations. Work with the Medical Directors to develop metric based, quality driven goals and objectives for the program as well as for individual physicians. Act as a resource for information and training, coordinating multiple schedules and diverse workflow to meet operational needs.
productive, educational place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2014
clean environment very educational place to work with, team oriented job. Lots of opportunity for growth through education and training.
Amazing learning environment, good team atmosphere, top medical care facility,
Clinical Level I/II RN (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Typical day at work was 1:4 nurse patient ratio on Days. Medications reconciliation and rounding on each patient, collaborating with CNA, case management, Doctors, PT, OT's for care plan. Fast paced environment of Medical surgical patient population. Management and nurse educators available as resources. Organized floor to work on. I learned a lot about caring for post surgical patients in Orthopedics, GU, GI, GYN and plastics. We also took care of pregnancy loss patients. Primary nurse implementation for continuity of care as long as patient was in the hospital, even for multiple visits we could pair same RN to patient. Hardest part of the job was when the floor was really busy or the patient load got multiple complex patient situations going on. Stress could elevate and missing breaks was common. Loved the people I worked with, all the staff and residents were such great people, and was team centered.
Fun place
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 19, 2014
Love the energy at the billing department.Working hours are perfect for family people.Love the energy at the billing department. Working hours are perfect for family people. I’ve learned a lot about medical terminology and management is great. Very helpful stuff but there iis no opportunities for growth.
Administrative work
Practice Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brookline, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: staff turnover
The hardest part of this position was being constantly short staffed. But the doctors were wonderful to work for and I learned many areas of the medical field while working in this position.
Excellent Hospital to Work For
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: alot of support for nurses
Cons: commute to boston
I loved BIDMC
Alot of Support and Teaching
Room for Growth
Challenging Work Envirornment
nice environment to work
Medical Assistant (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAOctober 24, 2014
i worked at BIMC 4 weeks as a temp. assignment. it a nice place to grow i wish i god a permanent position with them. everyone was friendly.
quality care
Staff CRNA (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: safe environment
Cons: cafe is far away and lunch is 1/2 hr
Great place to work, dedicated employees, good learning environment
Great hospital atmosphere
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Very fast paced environment with challenges to keep you buys and learning all day!
Worst Place to work
IS Dept (Current Employee), Boston, MassSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: there are no positives, this place will break your spirit
Cons: working at bidmc
You know you have issues when your workforce is leaving without having another job to go to.
Great place to work with great benefits and job security
Microbiologist/ Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay is great and team unity is awesome
Cons: parking cost, distance to get to work, traffic.
typical day of work-Processing lab specimens
what you learn- team work and time management
management- pretty much leaves your team what the best way to get things done, but at the same time management doesn't seem too interested in helping you advance.
co-workers- all depends on your team. I got a decent team. Its fun to work with them.
-hardest part of job- making sure things are done on time and making sure the quality of the work is superb.
-not having to have a manager breathe down on your neck
Great team in the department, pleasant working environment and a great learning experience
Marketing/Communications Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team of workers and the dedication to helping others through studies was great.
Cons: unpaid internship, not enough team workers for bigger projects
A typical day in the department was to outreach to clients in Mental Illness programs to participate in research studies. I also made brochures and helped develop a list of clientele as well as created a video to help stop the stigma on mental illnesses.

Pros: Learning all about how research studies are made and how it really helps the client, great team of workers, management was great and the supervisor was very friendly and approachable.

Cons: Unpaid internship, needed more team workers for bigger projects and outreaching to clients.
Wow, I've been here a long time.
Staff RN and Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: co=workers
Cons: parking cost
Things change as you would expect. My work is rewarding but stressful at times. No job is perfect everyday. My co-workers are usually supportive. We get along OK. I enjoy coming to work most days. I have seen many changes good and bad. How long will I stay? I don't really know. We shall see.

1 2 3 4 5

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more