Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great learning experience, but management not concerned for employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Internal Medicine, LexingtonMay 23, 2016
Loved the Doctors I worked with, some were very demanding and didn't handle change well. Support staff wonderful. Management didn't manage - stayed in office most of the time or was in with the nurses more than all the other staff. Most MAs did what they could to help each other, but selective.
Pros
rapport with most doctors - buying lunch for staff
Cons
parking if you did later shift, management, everyone working on the same goals, 2% raises every year
Keeping cleanliness and good work flow in the environment
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2016
A typical work day is once you come in managers give you a task to fulfill and if help is needed they would provide the necessary help. One of the things I have learned over the years is how to manage my time well. The co- workers are friendly and great to get along with, as well as very understanding and we encourage one another.
first job as a phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 18, 2016
I draw blood for scheduled patients. I learned to be more detailed-oriented and different tests. The management wants me to do my best. I get along great with my co-workers. Currently my job is not hard. I like working talking to patients and the freedom to work independently.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
short lunch
Very much a family work environment
Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Felt firmly rooted to coworkers as well as upper management during my time. Exceptionally inclusive environmentry - never felt nervous reaching out to other departments.
They also do a lot to promote company bonding, having things like hospital wide lunch outside etc.
Decent health benefits - especially if plan picked within the hospital - far exceeded my personal plan through the state prior.
Pros
Decent benefits, easy to accrue time off (28days paid vaca per year)
Cons
Not an easy direct commute to longwood
Great facility
Senior Research Technician/Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
BIDMC is Harvard Medical associated and a very competitive atmosphere. However, the group I worked in was highly collaborative, friendly and supportive. I left only because the institute where I was working was disbanded.
Pros
In the heart of Longwood medical center
Cons
In the heart of Longwood medical center
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2016
Working in the Emergency Room was exciting, everyday you come to work was a different atmosphere, you never know what kind of day it was going to be and everyday is not the same, You stay busy and the time goes by fast.
Pros
sometimes we get free lunch
Cons
you might get a break if its not busy
Great teaching hospital with lots of opportunity for growth.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
My job required me to run a high volume patient care clinic, calendar management between chairmen. Learned alot about surgical procedures from medical to elective procedures. Management could have been critiqued. I worked independently but when my positioned required that I worked with others I found that everyone was useful and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12hrs unplanned shifts; learning to not take things personal ex: (pt's that come in sick to the pt's that were abusive to the fustrations from the executives.). What I enjoyed most of my experience at the medical center was the rapor I gained with the pt's, the acknowledgement I received for my services and just the feeling I got from knowing my work was affective enough to make an impact on some lives.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays and gifts of acknowledgement
Cons
Barely took an outdoor lunch
Great hospital and employer
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed working here full-time and I still enjoy being a per-diem employee. This is really a world-class hospital and I would love to continue my new career, as I transition for lab tech to RN, within the BID network.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying"
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.”
An excellent Community Hospital
Director, Safety/Security, Transport & Valet (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAFebruary 28, 2016
BID-Milton was the fastest growing hospital in the Commonwealth in 2015. Our Leapfrog, HCAPS and PG scores are well earned. It is a great atmosphere for employees, patients and visitors.
Pros
Free Valet Parking & the friendliest atmosphere in New England!
Cons
None.
Manage Care Coordinator-Promotion (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
BIDMC is more then a just your basic employer, here at BIDMC they provide you with opportunity to advance in your field, as well as advance within your education. I love the flexibility within my department and the family atmosphere that we have all created. We are a real team here. Our patient population can be challenging at times, but again we believe in team work here and if we can help defuse a situation anyone of us will help out.
Very non-progressive place to work
Manager, Clinical Applications Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2016
Organization is stuck in the 1950's in their thinking of work methodologies and management style. Many people have been there way too long and are not qualified for the position they hold.
Great Place to work!
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
Great Staff, collaborative environment, patient centered care. Staff are eager share their knowledge. As an intern I consulted with inpatients, evaluated kidney transplant candidates in an outpatient setting and co facilitated a weekly support group.
Decent starting position
Psychiatric Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2016
Enjoyed the exposure to behavior health. Hours were not the best but manageable due to commute. Cohorts were not helpful when needed.
Pros
Exposure to medical care and behavioral health
Cons
Hours, work distribution, commute
Good people and environment
Lead Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Patient-centered and nice place to work. Nice interdisciplinary interactions and commitment to patient safety. Easily accessible by MBTA. Limited advancement opportunities at the moment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2016
Level 1 Trauma Center
Career oriented
Opportunity to move up and change job within the company
Updated technology
Great work place
Good organizational culture
Fast paced
Salary is fair
Location is center to several Boston hospital's
Parking is expensive
High traffic
Patient Care Technician, Cardio (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2016
checking every four hours patient's vital since and blood sugar and report to the nurse. take urine sample and sent to the lab, take EKG for the patient. made a discharge and an admmision procedures
Great location with laid back atmosphere
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 8, 2016
This is simply a great place to work with very professional yet nurturing management. Everyone from the CEO down to Waste Management team are very friendly and helpful.
If you work is more important than balance, this is the job for you.
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2015
The overall job is great, the parts not so great..Pay, work/life balance & Leadership.

By the time you calculate my hourly salaried income vs the amount of time required to complete ALL tasks required and then some, I make less than minimum wage.

I have "0" family/self time. But I love the office I currently work in and the atmosphere that I have created.
Pros
Great immediate co-workers/Physicians & location
Cons
Working from 3am - midnight, 7 days/wk for little pay
Productive and a fun place to work
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 23, 2016
Working at Beth Israel is a very loving place the management here is very understanding and great people.. The worker here are great I've here for 15yrs and I love it ..

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Reviews by Location