Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment
Cash Application Specialist & Pt Account Rep (Former Employee), NeedhamFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: to far away
Working with this hospital was great, I wish I was still working there. Leaving for personal reasons made it hard to get back into work there because the position fills in fast.
Volumes of work not enough staff
Desktop and IS Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: got to see a lot of interesting hardware some of the users had connected to their computers.
Cons: not challenging just deliver and take away desktops.
I assessed 1,500 users' old Win XP computers, submitted the those specs and delivered new or refurbished Win 7 computers till the end of the project.
good first job for people fresh out of highschool
A/R Management (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
flexible hours and generally an easy job. patient accounting is very strict with hours and have been known to play favorites.
Good place to work at
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: dedicated employees, benefits
Cons: compensation, unnecessary bureaucracy
Great place to work at that employs some truly amazing people who create a core of this organization. I wish this place had a little less bureaucracy as this slow things down for everyone and makes many activities extremely inefficient in some areas.
Strong research institution that supports and encourages its employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2015
I had a very positive experience working at BIDMC, my growth as a young scientist was fostered and encouraged. I was able to learn a large variety of experimental techniques and was exposed to areas of research and academia that I never would have been otherwise.

My daily routine was varied, which is something I enjoy a lot in a job. We typically had one to two projects going and I would perform experiments and analysis to further them along. We also maintained a large mouse colony and I was in charge of husbandry and care.
Medical Surgical I Clinical Rotation
Med- Surg I (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
I practiced inpatient nursing skills on a gastroenterology floor.
Rad Tech Assistant
Radiology Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2015
day to day is never the same.
most enjoyable working with patients.
being a per diem employee allows me the flexibility needed to balance other priorities.
Co-Workers I enjoyed working with
Nutrition Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part I enjoyed was the patients got to know most of the patients, I enjoyed my job it wasnt hard and my co-workers was good, I learned alot at this job.
ER Experience
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 16, 2015
I have been able to create a great foundation for the jump start to my nursing career. The hospital has a large patient volume with a large range in cases to increase my experience. I enjoy my co-workers and that we work as a team and always have each others back.
Great environment and great coworkers
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2015
Great environment and great coworkers. Great place to start learning essential skills and very flexible/reasonable with taking time off. I work with great people but in my current position there is not a lot of opportunity to advance but still a great place.
Great Place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Traditional xray department in the heart of Boston. High Pay. Great Benefits. Destination Boston Pay for traveling. Away from my family long.
Kitchen
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Utility work, delivered food in the trays to different part floors, Cleaned dish rooms, put food on shelves, brought medical supplies to the floors, and delivered laundry lines and towels to all the floors. The people that were there were friendly and easy to get a along with them.
Great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 11, 2014
Management needs improvement
Needs better communication with employees
Enjoyable Job
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 10, 2014
This is one of the best places to work and I really enjoy working here. The pay isn't necessarily comparable to other places I have been, but the atmosphere and reputation are unmatched.
Collaborative environment focused on patient satisfaction.
HOSPITALIST DIVISION ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 10, 2014
As the Hospitalist Division Administrator I oversee Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare’s Hospitalist programs managing the hospitalists of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Milton. Estimate volume and expenses for year ahead, developing and managing two budgets accordingly. Lead physician recruitment, including prescreening applicants, scheduling interviews, salary negotiations and ultimately job offer. Independently compose complicated and sensitive reports, documents, and high-level presentations. Work with the Medical Directors to develop metric based, quality driven goals and objectives for the program as well as for individual physicians. Act as a resource for information and training, coordinating multiple schedules and diverse workflow to meet operational needs.
productive, educational place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2014
clean environment very educational place to work with, team oriented job. Lots of opportunity for growth through education and training.
Amazing learning environment, good team atmosphere, top medical care facility,
Clinical Level I/II RN (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Typical day at work was 1:4 nurse patient ratio on Days. Medications reconciliation and rounding on each patient, collaborating with CNA, case management, Doctors, PT, OT's for care plan. Fast paced environment of Medical surgical patient population. Management and nurse educators available as resources. Organized floor to work on. I learned a lot about caring for post surgical patients in Orthopedics, GU, GI, GYN and plastics. We also took care of pregnancy loss patients. Primary nurse implementation for continuity of care as long as patient was in the hospital, even for multiple visits we could pair same RN to patient. Hardest part of the job was when the floor was really busy or the patient load got multiple complex patient situations going on. Stress could elevate and missing breaks was common. Loved the people I worked with, all the staff and residents were such great people, and was team centered.
Fun place
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 19, 2014
Love the energy at the billing department.Working hours are perfect for family people.Love the energy at the billing department. Working hours are perfect for family people. I’ve learned a lot about medical terminology and management is great. Very helpful stuff but there iis no opportunities for growth.
Administrative work
Practice Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brookline, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: staff turnover
The hardest part of this position was being constantly short staffed. But the doctors were wonderful to work for and I learned many areas of the medical field while working in this position.
Excellent Hospital to Work For
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: alot of support for nurses
Cons: commute to boston
I loved BIDMC
Alot of Support and Teaching
Room for Growth
Challenging Work Envirornment

1 2 3 4 5

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more