Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great team in the department, pleasant working environment and a great learning experience
Marketing/Communications Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team of workers and the dedication to helping others through studies was great.
Cons: unpaid internship, not enough team workers for bigger projects
A typical day in the department was to outreach to clients in Mental Illness programs to participate in research studies. I also made brochures and helped develop a list of clientele as well as created a video to help stop the stigma on mental illnesses.

Pros: Learning all about how research studies are made and how it really helps the client, great – more... team of workers, management was great and the supervisor was very friendly and approachable.

Cons: Unpaid internship, needed more team workers for bigger projects and outreaching to clients. – less
Wow, I've been here a long time.
Staff RN and Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: co=workers
Cons: parking cost
Things change as you would expect. My work is rewarding but stressful at times. No job is perfect everyday. My co-workers are usually supportive. We get along OK. I enjoy coming to work most days. I have seen many changes good and bad. How long will I stay? I don't really know. We shall see.
Mans Greatest Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2014
Top notch nursing care. Latest equipment. Amazing hospital.
Fast paced environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2014
I worked as a student intern for a month to add to my clinical experience. It was very educational, busy, & effectively managed.
somewhat
PREOPERATIVE ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: culture
interacting with patient

somewhat busy

somewhat

communication
I loved going to work
ER Tech (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2014
When I worked in the NICU as well as in the ER I absolutely loved going into work. The management was great and only wanted us to grow. I was still in nursing school at the time and learned so many nursing skills like foley placement, phlebotomy etc. Most coworkers saw a student who wanted to learn and would take me in on interesting cases to help out. – more... The hardest part of the job was seeing how devastated families were when a loved one passed away, but the staff was so supportive and made it easier. The most enjoyable part about working at BIDMC was that fact that I loved my job so much that I looked forward to going in for each shift. – less
Patient Service Rep
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 5, 2014
Establish par levels for all supplies
Keep track of inventory weekly and place orders as needed
Identify and contact sources for supplies, meet with vendor, coordinate meetings with key personnel and consults with purchasing for pricing.
Communicate back order concerns and provide new sources of substitutes to satisfy departmental requirements.
Perform – more... all necessary follow-up and expediting activities to ensure delivery requirements including reconciliation of order receiving. Collaborate with distribution personnel to ensure availability of hospital inventory.
Also responsible for room turnover in procedural area, scope tech coverage, motility tech coverage, practice assistant coverage – less
Very nice place to work depending on your manager
Referral Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 17, 2014
I have worked at BIDMC for 17 years and my work experience here has been great
looking to advance in job description as well as pay
Lovely Environment
Medical Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
Training, vital signs, phlebotomy, ekg's, point of care testing
Great place to work, but commute was not practical for myself
Arrhythmia Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work was to answer phone calls from daily and symptomatic patients with event monitors, to analyze data, and to send a summary to the ordering physician. My coworkers were great, i really miss them a lot! The hardest part of the job for me was the commute everyday from Worcester to Boston.
Productive and flexible place to work.
Lab Support Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 9, 2014
• Implement and monitor tracking system for slide file room to track all movement in and out of Pathology Department
• Fill all biopsy slides in numerical order for doctors in slide file room
• Responsible for sending biopsy blocks for further diagnostic testing for department doctors
• Supervised requisitions for doctors in regards to health insurance – more... and ICD9 codes
• Fulfill slide and block requests for doctors, residents, and other staff for patient care
• Retrieve and transport lab specimens from operating room to pathology cutting room
• Unwrap cytology pap smears for patient visit creation in SOFT operating system – less
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 7, 2014
Most advanced IT Healthcare organization in the world -highly reccomend it.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Hematology/Oncology) (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free treats and snacks for patients and staff
Cons: phlebotomy schedule did not make sense
I enjoyed working at BIDMC hematology/oncology it gave me a great experience in the lesson of life. On a daily basis I was able to interact with patients on a deep level of understanding and appreciation of day to day health and life. I was able to watch and assist nurses in changing or placing ports into patient's. I would say the hardest part of finishing – more... up my externship was having to have connected with people daily or weekly and then having to leave them. I would say that in the hematology/oncology department we were all more like family employees and patients alike. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Vulnerability Tech (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: lots to learn
Cons: i was a contractor who was wrapping up
overwhelming great place to work. I was in charge of Vulnerability on the network. If a user had outdate software. I would call or email that user and arrange time to coordinate a mutual time where we could swap out the software. I also imaged machines and gave out another hardware.
Productive and educational
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 24, 2014
Completing my clinical rotation at BIDMC definitely helped me grow as a professional. Attended patient rounds every morning and was able to provide input on medication recommendations. Also, put together powerpoint presentations for the pharmacy staff and other students.
Volunteering there was fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brookline, MAJune 18, 2014
Everyone is very nice. I was only there as a Volunteer but, I did not feel like a Volunteer because the worker did not treat me like one
A very friendly and courteous atmosphere. I am learning a lot about the admin portion of the hospital.
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2014
I really enjoy working with my co-workers. It is like I am a part of the family and I am just an intern. I am learning a lot about administration and clerical work in this hospital. I assist the Medical Office Assistants here in the Breast care department.

The women I work for work for different surgeons/doctors.
positive environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2014
-the doctors are professional and polite, along with the other staff
-the job wasn't hard at all
Great company
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
I love working here! This is a great company - Boston is a touch cold!
Great place to work. Learned a lot
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Great learning hospital. Very welcoming and informative staff. I did my externship here and left a much more competent medical assistant as well as grew as a person

1 2 3 4 5

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more