Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

Work
Administrative Assistant, Pancreas Liver Institute (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2017
Pancreas Liver Institute allows one to constantly learn, everyday we receive different patients with different problems and needs. Thus, you are able to work with different departments and network to complete patient care.
Pros
constantly learning
Cons
not enough time in the day
Administration was well organized
Operation Intern OB/GYN Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2017
The OB/GYN was committed to quality patient care. Very professional and knowledge to help guide patients through the healthcare continuum. Pleasure working with everyone.
Pros
Colleges were helpful
Cons
repetitive
BIDMC is great for their patients
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the commute and lack of parking options. It is difficult to get in and out of Longwood Medical Center during rush hour(s). The best part of the job were the co-workers.
Cons
Do not always get lunch breaks and they tend to micromanage
Demanding Work in Fast Paced Environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2017
Employee in this position needs to be able to balance responsibilities well, especially considering how quickly priorities change. He or She must screen and triage phone calls, sort through 80+ emails daily, and respond to urgent requests from the clinical staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sick time is combined with vacation time
job
Practice Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
its a great hospital, I enjoyed working here. Like any job people will gossip, lie, worry about your life instead of their own. In all its a great work place.
Fast Paced
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2017
Fast paced AP department with lots of vendors and invoices. Mgmt somewhat understanding with what it took to work in the department. Coworkers were enjoyable as well as the vendors and the folks in the Hospital we interacted with. Hardest part of the job locating payment for invoices in depts that have rotating staff.
Pros
understanding of the home/family/balance as much as they can
Cons
not understanding how hard it is to make the balance work for all
very educational and fun place to work in
ED technician Emergency department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2017
The culture the environment of hospital is great everyone is very energetic and helpful. Everybody believe in team work always ready to help. Always quick to respond and very professional.I am happy that I got the chance to work there.
great people to work with
Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2017
A lot of changes in management and policies all at once. Overwhelming.

Overall great place to work. Lots of nice employees in all departments. Good benefits and competitive salary
Worst Culture
Human Resources Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2017
My experience working at this company was that of a 1980's corporation. I did not feel human, there was no flexibility and there was barely any interaction with any peers. I was told by another employee that management discouraged friendship among your peers, especially different departments where managers had feuds with each other. This created a corporate culture with no team work. I would never work there again even if they offered me double my salary, it was a miserable environment.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
No positive corporate culture
Good place, good people
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2017
As with any large organization the individual experience and environment vary greatly.
My experience there, in my lab and my coworkers was outstanding
A great place to work, patient care is optimum.
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2017
This is a hectic place to work, but gives me a great sense of pride to be in a place that health care is constantly evolving and being part of a great team.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MANovember 13, 2017
Practice Operations
Business Planning
Process Improvement
Physician Management
Scheduling, Billing, Revenue Cycle Management
Fluent in French and Haitian Creole
Knowledge of conversational Spanish
Stressful with a lack of career advancement
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2017
Typical day includes running necessary assays to help with trials. With my experience I had limited things I could learn here, with no potential towards career advancement or more experienced managerial positions.
Great Work Environment
Practice Representative (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 8, 2017
Manageable workplace. It was always a pleasure to come in and assist the patients in need. Nothing was Ever too hard, it was more so following the proper guidelines and not missing any steps. I've learned a lot of medical base information in the time I've spent with orthopedics.
Unit Coordinator (Stoneman 5) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2017
Productive place to work,with room for advancement in your career. Highly professional work environment. Culture at Beth Israel is "Human First" because the patients come first.
great workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2017
Beth Israel is a wonderful place to work, the hospital really cares about it's patients and it's employees. Great benefits; they really encourage a great work/life balance.
ok place to work
Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2017
Management is horrible; depends on who they like that day. they don't look at who works hard and who doesn't.
the physicians all act like spoiled brats and don't appreciate anything or anyone.
Pros
staff are amazing
Cons
managers horrible
productive and fun
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2017
productive and fun, sometimes stressful, but if you are a quick learner and hard worker, so you can achieve anything wherever you go.*********************************************
Great work place
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2017
It was great place to work. Enjoyed my time here. My supervisor was great. I would recommend to work here. It was a balanced work place. Benefits were good.
great place to work
Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Unit, Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2017
Nothing but good things about his place. The manager,nurses, pct's , doctors, np's, residents and patients along with the family members make it a great place to work
Pros
my manger is the BESt, nurses are awesome, love working there on my floor
Cons
any break at any job isn't long enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.