Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very much a family work environment
Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Felt firmly rooted to coworkers as well as upper management during my time. Exceptionally inclusive environmentry - never felt nervous reaching out to other departments.
They also do a lot to promote company bonding, having things like hospital wide lunch outside etc.
Decent health benefits - especially if plan picked within the hospital - far exceeded my personal plan through the state prior.
Pros
Decent benefits, easy to accrue time off (28days paid vaca per year)
Cons
Not an easy direct commute to longwood
Patient Care Technician, Cardio (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2016
checking every four hours patient's vital since and blood sugar and report to the nurse. take urine sample and sent to the lab, take EKG for the patient. made a discharge and an admmision procedures
Great place to work but low compensation
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Management is great they listen to your problems
Coworkers are also fantastic to work alongside
I learned many things pertaining to endoscopy and ready to show my skills
Cons
compensation
Top Notch Hospital
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work - great people with a friendly attitude. I enjoy the patient interaction and being part of a solid team.
Manage Care Coordinator-Promotion (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
BIDMC is more then a just your basic employer, here at BIDMC they provide you with opportunity to advance in your field, as well as advance within your education. I love the flexibility within my department and the family atmosphere that we have all created. We are a real team here. Our patient population can be challenging at times, but again we believe in team work here and if we can help defuse a situation anyone of us will help out.
Working environment
Manager Clinical Application Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2016
This is a fantastic place to work, the people are terrific and very smart and there is a lot of room to explore new technologies.
I love where I work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2015
I enjoy working at BIDMC because here there are all kinds of programs available to help you advance your career in healthcare.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities
Review
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2015
Fast paced work environment with a supportive management team. What I have found to be the most rewarding part of my job is working with a talent candidate pool and placing top talent in critical jobs at the medical center.
Pros
Healthcare experience
Cons
work/life balance
fun, enoyable
Emergency Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Beth Israel, however I would like to branch off and do something else. I have been here at BIDMC for a little over two years now. While my exerience here has been exciting, enjoyable, and I hvae learned a great deal of experience I am ready to move into a new position.
If you work is more important than balance, this is the job for you.
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2015
The overall job is great, the parts not so great..Pay, work/life balance & Leadership.

By the time you calculate my hourly salaried income vs the amount of time required to complete ALL tasks required and then some, I make less than minimum wage.

I have "0" family/self time. But I love the office I currently work in and the atmosphere that I have created.
Pros
Great immediate co-workers/Physicians & location
Cons
Working from 3am - midnight, 7 days/wk for little pay
what you learned
Data Entry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2015
Honestly I've already answered this question to tell you the truth. I like the people I work with and I look forward to the challenges of working as a team on various projects.
I'm a new Per Diem position here...
Radiologic Technologist- Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 20, 2015
...so I am actually uncertain what I just gave four stars to. I am basing that rating on what my new co-workers have said and how happy they are here. So far I really like everyone I work with and was really hoping that it would turn into a full-time opportunity. There seems to be very little turnover, though, so it doesn't look like those hours will open up for me.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Equipment leaves a bit to be desired.
A fun, high energy place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2015
You can be yourself and speak your mind and still get the respect of your colleagues. It is a fun place to work. Everyone is nice and you are always treated with respect.
Coworkers are great and and are team players. It is satisfying to help people who are uncomfortable being in the Emergency Room.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 19, 2015
Nice place to work. You learn that treating a patient and their family the way you would want to be treated is essential for good relations and customer satisfaction. There is a lot of paper work that goes into the job, but this is a hospital and everything has to be accurate and procedures followed.
The people I work with are great.
Management needs to be more helpful when needed.
There is really no hard part to the job. I have been doing it for so long it comes naturally.
The part of the job I find most enjoyable is when patients tell you that their medical care was good and they feel much better.
Pros
coworkers, location, feeling respected
Cons
Short lunch, no real breaks, can't leave the desk for any reason. If the facilities need to be used, I need to find staff to sit at my desk. It has to be manned 24/7.
Great Company
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (EXTERNSHIP) ADULT SPECIALTY (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 11, 2015
I was only here doing my externship for medical assistant and phlebotomist at the time, doctors and workers there are exceptional I had no trouble with any one there they were very friendly and helpful I did various things there which prepared me for the working life after I assisted many doctors at an adult specialty center in podiatry, cardiologist, dermatology and many more.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
great Breaks
patient care is first and number one on our list.
Administrative Associates III - Vascular Surgery (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2015
Being at BIDMC for so many years, it has been great working with different diversity of employees. The challenges that we face daily at times are not easy, but knowing that we have a great staff which we can call family that surround us on a daily basis that are always willing to help and makes the job environment/location a fun place to be. Beside pt's being first and one in our list, the Administration also makes sure that our families are in the same rank as our patients and that makes BIDMC a special place to work.
Pros
Friendly, Caring
Cons
Short breaks, low salary
work life
Assistant Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2015
Great place to work except for the pay and the advancement. They won't let you progress. The people were great its easy to apply its just hard to get an advanced job or higher pay
cashier
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
handle facilities money. Preform costumer service on a variety of people. Maintain store hygiene. and help costumer with groceries
Fun team to work with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2015
Beth Israel is a great place to work. My typical work day is filled with laughter and fun while keeping our patients healthy. I have learned that everyone has a skill, no matter how big or small it helps to build a phenominal team. My boss is the best boss there is. He is understanding, he listens, and he portrays great leadership skills across the board. I work in OB/GYN and the hardest part about my job is hearing that my patient's baby did not make it, or my patient's biopsy results show cancerous cells. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the little babies we spend so much time taking care of in thier mommies tummy for a visit or getting back negative biopsy results on my patients. I also really enjoy my coworkers. We work great as a team and we look out for each other, and this is all done with the best boss there is.
Hospital
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAOctober 22, 2015
Small community hospital located in Milton Massachusetts. Currently owned by Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston Massachusetts.