Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employer Reviews

Enjoyable Job
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 10, 2014
This is one of the best places to work and I really enjoy working here. The pay isn't necessarily comparable to other places I have been, but the atmosphere and reputation are unmatched.
Collaborative environment focused on patient satisfaction.
HOSPITALIST DIVISION ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 10, 2014
As the Hospitalist Division Administrator I oversee Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare’s Hospitalist programs managing the hospitalists of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Milton. Estimate volume and expenses for year ahead, developing and managing two budgets accordingly. Lead physician recruitment, including – more... prescreening applicants, scheduling interviews, salary negotiations and ultimately job offer. Independently compose complicated and sensitive reports, documents, and high-level presentations. Work with the Medical Directors to develop metric based, quality driven goals and objectives for the program as well as for individual physicians. Act as a resource for information and training, coordinating multiple schedules and diverse workflow to meet operational needs. – less
productive, educational place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 2, 2014
clean environment very educational place to work with, team oriented job. Lots of opportunity for growth through education and training.
Amazing learning environment, good team atmosphere, top medical care facility,
Clinical Level I/II RN (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Typical day at work was 1:4 nurse patient ratio on Days. Medications reconciliation and rounding on each patient, collaborating with CNA, case management, Doctors, PT, OT's for care plan. Fast paced environment of Medical surgical patient population. Management and nurse educators available as resources. Organized floor to work on. I learned a lot about – more... caring for post surgical patients in Orthopedics, GU, GI, GYN and plastics. We also took care of pregnancy loss patients. Primary nurse implementation for continuity of care as long as patient was in the hospital, even for multiple visits we could pair same RN to patient. Hardest part of the job was when the floor was really busy or the patient load got multiple complex patient situations going on. Stress could elevate and missing breaks was common. Loved the people I worked with, all the staff and residents were such great people, and was team centered. – less
Fun place
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 19, 2014
Love the energy at the billing department.Working hours are perfect for family people.Love the energy at the billing department. Working hours are perfect for family people. I’ve learned a lot about medical terminology and management is great. Very helpful stuff but there iis no opportunities for growth.
Administrative work
Practice Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brookline, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: staff turnover
The hardest part of this position was being constantly short staffed. But the doctors were wonderful to work for and I learned many areas of the medical field while working in this position.
Excellent Hospital to Work For
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: alot of support for nurses
Cons: commute to boston
I loved BIDMC
Alot of Support and Teaching
Room for Growth
Challenging Work Envirornment
nice environment to work
Medical Assistant (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAOctober 24, 2014
i worked at BIMC 4 weeks as a temp. assignment. it a nice place to grow i wish i god a permanent position with them. everyone was friendly.
quality care
Staff CRNA (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: safe environment
Cons: cafe is far away and lunch is 1/2 hr
Great place to work, dedicated employees, good learning environment
Great hospital atmosphere
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Very fast paced environment with challenges to keep you buys and learning all day!
Worst Place to work
IS Dept (Current Employee), Boston, MassSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: there are no positives, this place will break your spirit
Cons: working at bidmc
You know you have issues when your workforce is leaving without having another job to go to.
Great place to work with great benefits and job security
Microbiologist/ Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay is great and team unity is awesome
Cons: parking cost, distance to get to work, traffic.
typical day of work-Processing lab specimens
what you learn- team work and time management
management- pretty much leaves your team what the best way to get things done, but at the same time management doesn't seem too interested in helping you advance.
co-workers- all depends on your team. I got a decent team. Its fun to work with them.
-hardest part – more... of job- making sure things are done on time and making sure the quality of the work is superb.
-not having to have a manager breathe down on your neck – less
Great team in the department, pleasant working environment and a great learning experience
Marketing/Communications Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team of workers and the dedication to helping others through studies was great.
Cons: unpaid internship, not enough team workers for bigger projects
A typical day in the department was to outreach to clients in Mental Illness programs to participate in research studies. I also made brochures and helped develop a list of clientele as well as created a video to help stop the stigma on mental illnesses.

Pros: Learning all about how research studies are made and how it really helps the client, great – more... team of workers, management was great and the supervisor was very friendly and approachable.

Cons: Unpaid internship, needed more team workers for bigger projects and outreaching to clients. – less
Wow, I've been here a long time.
Staff RN and Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: co=workers
Cons: parking cost
Things change as you would expect. My work is rewarding but stressful at times. No job is perfect everyday. My co-workers are usually supportive. We get along OK. I enjoy coming to work most days. I have seen many changes good and bad. How long will I stay? I don't really know. We shall see.
Mans Greatest Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2014
Top notch nursing care. Latest equipment. Amazing hospital.
Fast paced environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2014
I worked as a student intern for a month to add to my clinical experience. It was very educational, busy, & effectively managed.
somewhat
PREOPERATIVE ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: culture
interacting with patient

somewhat busy

somewhat

communication
I loved going to work
ER Tech (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2014
When I worked in the NICU as well as in the ER I absolutely loved going into work. The management was great and only wanted us to grow. I was still in nursing school at the time and learned so many nursing skills like foley placement, phlebotomy etc. Most coworkers saw a student who wanted to learn and would take me in on interesting cases to help out. – more... The hardest part of the job was seeing how devastated families were when a loved one passed away, but the staff was so supportive and made it easier. The most enjoyable part about working at BIDMC was that fact that I loved my job so much that I looked forward to going in for each shift. – less
Patient Service Rep
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 5, 2014
Establish par levels for all supplies
Keep track of inventory weekly and place orders as needed
Identify and contact sources for supplies, meet with vendor, coordinate meetings with key personnel and consults with purchasing for pricing.
Communicate back order concerns and provide new sources of substitutes to satisfy departmental requirements.
Perform – more... all necessary follow-up and expediting activities to ensure delivery requirements including reconciliation of order receiving. Collaborate with distribution personnel to ensure availability of hospital inventory.
Also responsible for room turnover in procedural area, scope tech coverage, motility tech coverage, practice assistant coverage – less
Very nice place to work depending on your manager
Referral Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 17, 2014
I have worked at BIDMC for 17 years and my work experience here has been great
looking to advance in job description as well as pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more