Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 19, 2015
Great place to work, good science and excellent physicians. Very productive and friendly environment, endless opportunities.
Great place to learn and work
Registered Nurse - Farr 6 (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2015
A positive environment, supportive team to work with. Always a new challenge and something to learn on a daily basis. A good place to learn about the health field
Busy and rewarding
Practice Assistant/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 6, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement
great place to work if you are looking for a large environment hospital
Primary Scrub for OB/GYN procedures (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: diverse community
Cons: have to pay for parking
very busy diverse hospital. constantly growing. management is very team oriented. co workers are mixed as with any job but everyone seems to work well together. praised for a job well done. Pay is average
Productive day at work
Medical and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Team oriented, patient friendly, hard workers
Cons: short breaks
A productive day at work is seeing about 50-55 patients in eight hours. All type of patients, whether it's a two weeks follow-up, six weeks, wound care dressings, minor wound care procedures, such as applegraft, sclerotherapy, veinwaves, and etc.. I love to say I's a master when it comes to a wound care dressings. I work with some great co-workers. We all get along and work as team to make sure there is a good patients flow within the vascular department.. My most enjoyable moment in my department is seeing how happy the patients leaves our department satisfying with some great Surgeon, Nurse Practitioner, Administrators, Medical Assistants that really cares about their health and safety.
Fast paced team atmosphere
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
Assist in caring for a diverse patient population in a high paced, ever changing environment. Every day is a new experience, yet at the end of the day I feel accomplished and fulfilled having been awarded the opportunity to help those in need. I look forward to going to work emergency department at BIDMC.
its ok place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAMarch 23, 2015
great people but the managment is hard to work with at times. My co workers are great and fun to be around. Very busy place which i like.
Excellent institution with job security- diminished morale with limited staffing
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: academic institution; opportunities for advancement
Cons: negative morale
BIDMC strives for quality patient care- and is an established institution that enables employees to maintain a work-life balance. Unfortunately due to limited staffing and increasing acuity; it is easy to develop a negative morale among the work culture.
Opportunities for advancement, networking and education are present- but management is slow to acknowledge the diminished morale among staff members that contributes to the negative work culture.
Stimulating work environment
Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2015
Stimulating work environment with opportunities for training and advancement. Friendly and helpful co-workers in a collegiate atmosphere. I most enjoy interacting with and learning from the many residents, fellows, and medical students who rotate through our department.
Use as stepping-stone for career advancement
Research Fellow/ Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: get to go on national conferences.
Cons: long hours, working occasionally on weekends.
Researchers, in general, are not paid highly regardless of their knowledge or experience. This hospital should only be a stepping-stone to further one's career in medical research.
Productive work place
Store Coordinator (Current Employee), Needham, MAMarch 16, 2015
I open the store at 9:30am. I answer any emails or voice mails. Emails and voice mails may be about billing, insurances or appointments with clients. While helping any customers that come in the store to buy a gift for someone they know with cancer or a client witch cancer looking for a wig or anything else they need to help get through the difficult time.
I have learned that it is very hard for me to work in an environment where I work alone. I have gained experience in running and managing a store. I learned a lot about the health care community.
My co-workers do not work directly with me day to day. They are nurses, medical, assistants and receptionist who have there on busy day. It is all woman who focused on the well being of the care of patients. All very friendly.
The hardest part is not working with anyone on a slow day I am alone with no customers. Also not getting positve feed back from my boss who manages the whole center.
Most enjoyable part is making woman feel so incredibly beautiful during such a hard time in their life. Being a part of the process with everything that is going on, And learning about the medical community.
excellent place to work
Billing Manager, Department of Psychiatry (HMFP) (Former Employee), boston, MAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: professional growth not always available
ability to learn and grow as a revenue cycle professional
great work hours
met and learned from wonderful administrative and clinical staff
made long lasting relationships
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bosotn MaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: invrioment
Cons: temp job
A Great Learing Hospital With Great Staff support an great patients
and Doctors BIDIMC is A Hospital with great teamwork and losts of great team players You will feel right at home
Great work enviroment
Cash Application Specialist & Pt Account Rep (Former Employee), NeedhamFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: to far away
Working with this hospital was great, I wish I was still working there. Leaving for personal reasons made it hard to get back into work there because the position fills in fast.
Volumes of work not enough staff
Desktop and IS Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: got to see a lot of interesting hardware some of the users had connected to their computers.
Cons: not challenging just deliver and take away desktops.
I assessed 1,500 users' old Win XP computers, submitted the those specs and delivered new or refurbished Win 7 computers till the end of the project.
good first job for people fresh out of highschool
A/R Management (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
flexible hours and generally an easy job. patient accounting is very strict with hours and have been known to play favorites.
Good place to work at
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: dedicated employees, benefits
Cons: compensation, unnecessary bureaucracy
Great place to work at that employs some truly amazing people who create a core of this organization. I wish this place had a little less bureaucracy as this slow things down for everyone and makes many activities extremely inefficient in some areas.
Strong research institution that supports and encourages its employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2015
I had a very positive experience working at BIDMC, my growth as a young scientist was fostered and encouraged. I was able to learn a large variety of experimental techniques and was exposed to areas of research and academia that I never would have been otherwise.

My daily routine was varied, which is something I enjoy a lot in a job. We typically had one to two projects going and I would perform experiments and analysis to further them along. We also maintained a large mouse colony and I was in charge of husbandry and care.
Medical Surgical I Clinical Rotation
Med- Surg I (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
I practiced inpatient nursing skills on a gastroenterology floor.
Rad Tech Assistant
Radiology Technician Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2015
day to day is never the same.
most enjoyable working with patients.
being a per diem employee allows me the flexibility needed to balance other priorities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Salaries