Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

If you're not a member of a protected class, they don't care if you're bullied
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2017
If you're not a member of a protected class, they don't care if you're bullied. HR, Compliance, Employee Relations will take the word of a director, even if she is lying, over any front line employee. Basically, they can do what they want, unless you can prove beyond a doubt that you were discriminated on the basis of a protected class ie. origin, orientation, disability, etc.
Cons
parking
Stimulating and Enjoying Job
Chiropractic Physician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MSJanuary 18, 2017
Unfortunately will be relocating to Manhattan secondary to marriage or I would of most likely enjoyed a long employment. The structure of the office is atypical for a Chiropractor, and really stimulates multidisciplinary practice.
As an intern it was great
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 15, 2017
As an intern it was great. I learned a lot from all the staff pharmacists there. A lot of patients were geriatric but the cases were interesting. Job security seemed to be nice.
Respectable and great place to work
Practice Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJanuary 14, 2017
Beth isreal is a very nice and organized invironment to work in, it have alot of great people to learn from and have a great structure about it. It is known for being right next to the Red Sox stadium
Pros
1 hour lunch
Worst place I ever worked.
Workers Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2017
Worked there for 8 1/2 years and received extensive patient compliments that are documented. Absolutley no room to grow unless you are tied to its politics.
Cons
An alright place , but no room for growth
Animal Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2017
I worked in an animal research facility for the past 8 years, I've learned a lot of interesting things. I've been trained to draw blood, restrain and inoculate the animals, although I've received a lot of training there is no room for growth within this field at BIDMC.
Loved the variety
Administrative Assistant, III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2017
I liked the variety of departments I worked with, the varying people and their positions. Valued the flexibility and my day to day tasks were never the same, it seemed.
Productive Workplace. Co-Workers want to help, Job gets easily done
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2016
When I get to work I make sure to clock in and check my email for any updates. Then I log in to the appropriate programs. Usually there's a line so I already have someone to check into their appointment! I check in everyone that walks in until lunch, after lunch I get patient information ready for the next day and set it in its appropriate location! Soon after finishing getting the things ready for the next day its time to go so I clean my area clock out and go home until the next day! I learned how to manage my time better! Management was very helpful and active especially in the training process.
Pros
Anytime you needed a hand it was provided, management is always around
Friendly work environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2016
I worked at Beth Israel hospital for almost 20 years and learned a lot throughout that time. For the most part everyone there is really nice and work well with each other.
Productive and busy enivorment
Patient information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 16, 2016
A typical dayat work for me is getting myself ready. I so many different things like how register a patients.Management is great... My co-worker are great.
Pros
More money
Cons
Overnight shift
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2016
I love the job nice people easily commute to work good pay
Room for growth. Pays for you to go to school teachers come to hospital. Free to go to school bunker hill teachers. Caint beat that one of the best hospital to be treated and worked for. No unions
Good hospital to work
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2016
Beth Israel Medical Center is a good hospital to work because the have good staff, good benefit, good support but they dont pay good
Pros
no vacation
Cons
they dont pay good
BI for three years
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  East Campus, West Campus, MASCO, FarrDecember 12, 2016
I was there for three years. A very nice place to work. Caring for staff, friendly and motivative. There I took bunker Hill community class reading and writing for free. I left as my duty was finished there
Pros
Events, benefits, supportive enviorment
great place to work at
Clinical Trials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2016
people are very nice and humble. Hospital can provide better infrastructure and benefits to employees in future.My manager is very accomodating and can connect on an emotional level.Opportunity to grow and learn is limited.
Great Place
Researcher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
Great place, relaxed atmosphere and top notch research. Working at this facility, I grew both in knowledge and friendship.
Job security
Special Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2016
It's good place to work specially if you belong to medical field. Very layed back environment and management. I was enjoying my role and wish it was full time.
Amazing dat at BIDMC
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2016
Typical day at work can be consistent. Smiles and team work through out the day benefits our patients and to one another. I have learned numerous of things I never thought existed ! I am still in the process of learning more. The hardest part of my day, I don't have one my life at work amazes me to be here ! The most enjoyable part of my day is helping my patients, seeing them smile, and hearing from them how great, kind and sweet I am.
great place to work
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2016
if you enjoy the downtown setting, you will enjoy this work culture. great people. good working hours. great location and drive.
Productive workplace with excellent opportunities to grow
Business Development- Oncology/Precision medicine (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2016
Great culture of collaboration and learning. Management is willing to spend time to bring you up to speed and share their vision.
intensive work but very rewarding professionally and personally
Medical Intensive Care Unit - staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2016
high intensity teaching hospital. Requires high degree of team work to meet pt needs. Challenging supportive work environment
Pros
fast paced, educational, collaboration
Cons
schedule and commute time intense

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Reviews by Location