Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to get started in a career
Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Moderate place to work - not much in terms of culture but you learn good administrative skills, organizational skills, time mangement skills, collaboration amongst departments
Pros
good part of the city
Cons
lack of career advancement
Love bidmc
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
best company I have ever worked for I loved working here per diem. Other than the parking this place is wonderful, great technology and great staff. I love bidmc.
Bidmc
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
BIDMC good hospital but compensation is lacking. There is no employee career ladder which leads to lower pay and no advancement.
People here are pleasurable to work with and the vacation benefit does become a nice perk once you work here for awhile.
Workplace Culture
Evening Public Safety Lead Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2017
I love working with my Lt.'s they have a lot of experience between in the Law enforcement field and management skills. They are the main reason that I have stayed longer with the Department.
Pros
Discounted Red Sox game tickets ($5 deals)
Multidisciplinary team
social work (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2017
BIDMC provides a collaborative, productive, and effective work environment. Varied tasks day to day mean it is never boring. Social work is valued and there is a diverse client population.
A fast-paced place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
Beth Israel Deaconess is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for advancement. My particular job is a very customer service oriented one.
Great place to work but...
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2017
Nursing leadership positions lack diversity. Comprised mostly of white and female individuals who are great at what they do however, does not set a good picture for talented, aspiring minority. Culture is like working with family. Professional environment. Management is fair and just. Very supportive of staff just need to provide more support or positions for career advancement.
Pros
working environment
Cons
expensive parking
Beth Israel is an amazing hospital to work at.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2017
I was thankful hired at BI as a PCT while going to school to become a nurse. My manager helped my plan a work/school balanced schedule. I would absolutely recommend working at BI.
productive and fun workplace
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 3, 2017
-Answering high-volumed calls, emailing, faxing
-how to work with hospitals software and other programs that are used by hospitals.
-Great team, they taught me alot about the medical field
-fast paced
-answering calls and doing others work all at once.
-learning more about the health community and having a say when it came to decisions in the work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Trainings
Needs new and innovative management
Administrative Assistant II (Neurology) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2017
BIDMC wasnt a bad place to work. I love working there when i was paired up with the right manager. When I was with an unfit manager work life was majorly stressful
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours, earned paid time off
Unit Coordinator
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2017
Facilitates the smooth & efficient functioning of the unit. Serves as liaison between patients, visitors, and clinicians. This role is responsible for partnering with nurses to coordinate the day-to-day patient flow including the communications regarding patient admissions, discharges, and transfers.
Beth Israel
Community Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work, well diverse environment. Much opportunity for career advancement. Beth Israel respects their employees, and values their hard work.
Pros
career advancements, diverse environment.
Excellent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2017
BIDMCis an excellent place to work! The employees are what make the place amazing. They provide fantastic clinical care... Miracles happen at BIDMC so come and work here or come if you need medical care.
Workplace culture
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2017
A great place to work, a great management. Productive and fun workplace , also very friendly environment. I always recommend family and friends to apply for work.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Energetic, fun & challenging workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day consisted of pre-op consults & post-op follow ups, set up & assistance with minor office procedures, patient calls, prescription renewals and stocking supplies. I learned a great deal about med/surg and wound care. I had supportive coworkers and providers to work with. Working for a practice that dealt mainly with reconstruction procedures for cancer patients, I greatly enjoyed the challenges and interpersonal relationships I developed with those I helped care for. The most difficult part of the job was often having to work overtime unexpectedly to meet the needs of our clientele, but it was worth it to be sure we provided the best care possible.
Pros
Enjoyable & challenging
Cons
long hours, at times lack of breaks
loved my job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
Very good place to work. Loved my job there! It was a very friendly work environment where I learned a lot of different medical skills that I will learn in the future.
Pros
Great work community and management
great job.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 14, 2017
I am not leaving. I am preparing my resume in the event of a major life circumstance.
It is a well run machine with excellent support managers and an upbeat moral.
It is easy to get to and I am proud to be a member of the team.
stressful but fun
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02215September 13, 2017
I like to work with this hospital but something emergency came up that I have to decide and leave. It was a good working place. Though stressful, I had fun working with my co-workers who are all very supportive.
Glad for the opportunity
Med.Asst/Administrative/Med.Record/Biller/Coder (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 7, 2017
I started in the phone room, then because the phone room was AWFUL to work in for 8 hrs straight & I wanted to put my newly learned skills to the test I started wandering and hinting to my manager that I would like to try other tasks. It took a few months and I was at the front desk. Then I started offering to help with medical records to learn the in's & out's of that department. My manager offered me OT daily to make sure that was all taken care of. Then my manager transferred me over to medical billing and coding, that was fun to learn and very intense. Next was referrals and insurance authorizations. Then I officially became a MA. My only regret was that in all of the positions I was able to help with because I was trained well in every department, I was an asset yet I never received a raise from minimum wage.
great staff
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2017
Overall nice place to work. Busy throughout the year except major holidays. Great staff to work with, professional and human first attitude. Cons are lack of updated equipment and work benches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.