Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews

Call center in the problem billing area
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great Salary, Great Benefits, Great co-workers
Cons: Management, distance from home, stressful job
The typical day at work required a lot of patience, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve. An outgoing personality with the ability to relate to the patients calling into the call center was a must. The best part of the day was having lunch with my wonderful co-workers who worked side by side with me everyday. It was a great way to just deflate after a long stressful morning on the phones. Management at the time was opinionated and made inappropriate statements that I considered to be unprofessional but I did not blame the Hospital for this one persons actions.
Productive Workplace
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at work is spent providing the best customer service possible to promote a healthy working environment. I learned that if you keep customers/ patients happy it can help with the healing process of those there for care and minimizes stress for others
Great place to work and great co-workers
Volunteer & Rotation (Former Employee), Needham, MAAugust 27, 2015
BID-Needham is a great place to work at. There is always a smile on everyone's face and always helpful people around. It has been a pleasure to be at the Needham site and watch all the professionals be at their best.
Busy Practice
PRACTICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 17, 2015
This was my favorite job i have had since being in the medical field. Very busy practice but an awesome support system. I learned how to work together with the practice manager to run a smooth, supportive practice.
CPD Resource Leader (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 17, 2015
Beth Isreal is a great place to work. I loved it. The manager I had was amazing and fair. She knew her job and that showed in how she managed her staff. The hospital is always improving and updating there equipment. They care about there patients. I would work there again in a heart beat.
fun place to work
Lead Practice Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: educated people that know more than their jobs
Cons: parking to much
Beth Israel is a great place to work and I learned a lot. I will take all the experience that I have gained and continue to grow with Healthcare.
Good place to help people
Pulmonary Function Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, job security
A good stepping stone but does not give much room for advancement. All the doctors and medical staff are great to work with
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Project Manager, Materials Management (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
BIDMC is a great place to learn and grow and I have done that.

I feel I have hit my ceiling at this company and need to pursue other
avenues in my career.
Amazing place to work
Electromyography Technician, Neurology Department (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 7, 2015
I am proud to call myself an employee for this amazing hospital. They take care of those of us that are priviledged to call BIDMC our employer.
The Drs and coworkers are awesome
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MaAugust 6, 2015
You work independently, the office vibe is professional and I believe everyone works hard at doing their job and providing coverage to those in need.
exciting private practice
Medical assistant (Current Employee), milton, maJuly 29, 2015
we work very closely with the doctor and are able to learn things that i would have never been have to learn in school. iits a hand on job experience.
A great place to work
Ambulatory Billing Coordinator/Radiation Oncology (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 27, 2015
I have pride and enjoy working for BIDMC you can trust the people you work for and have pride in what you do. As a team we work together to achieve goals.
Organized and professional place to work and provide patient care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), East CampusJuly 13, 2015
I learned a great deal bout team work and time management while working at BIDMC. The nurses were supportive and worked effectively together.
Productive and fun working at BIDMC Disaster Medicine fellowship
FACULTY, BIDMC DISASTER MEDICINE FELLOWSHIP (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to work with fellows and faculty members from different backgrounds, best in their field of work, and very friendly.
Tremendous lack of cooperation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: paid Jewish holidays
Cons: all of the above
The concepts they have for the interest of employees is favorable however HR and upper management do not know how to implement them. The only good thing is being a Jewish hospital, if you work in the back end of operations you get all the Jewish holidays off and that being said I needn't mention the pathetic salaries....yaay!
Up beat environment to work in
Release of Information Specialist II (Former Employee), Dedham, MAJuly 5, 2015
My typical day consisted of answering a very busy phone system, returning phone calls and processing request for medical records.
basic housekeeping aide I
Environmental Services (Former Employee), 330 Brookline aveJuly 2, 2015
i was an housekeeping aide II
i preformed a daily task of light and heavy housekeeping duties for various campus on the hospital property
Good to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Bad culture.
I have been in BIDMC for three years. For my personal experience, it's not a friendly working environment and the culture is not great. But the location is good and associated with other Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
Friendly and considerate
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MaJune 25, 2015
Team work is a strong component of this company. Everyone is friendly and willing to help those who are in need of support. Management is also very considerate and welcoming for those who needs support.
Sadly I only Interned here.
Phlebotomy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Boston MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Shuttle bus that helped workers save on gas and other traveling expenses.
Cons: Based off where i live currently the commute would still be crucial.
From day one staff was very inviting and knowledgable. A lot of hands on work and never a dull moment. Also the diversity was a huge plus. Everyone felt at home and accepted for their differences. This is one place I wish I did have the opportunity to work for.
Headquarters