Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Administrative Assistant-OB GYN (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 29, 2016
Good staff. Friendly Staff. Good Benefits. Pay ok. Small practice. High volume patients. Difficult patients. Great management support.
Good work
Tech Assistant II (Nsg) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2016
Work its hard and very friendly , I clean beds , and make beds , sad becouse patients sick , nice when leave healty good place to work
Pros
Good woorkers
Cons
nathing
Great hospital and employer
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed working here full-time and I still enjoy being a per-diem employee. This is really a world-class hospital and I would love to continue my new career, as I transition for lab tech to RN, within the BID network.
Keeping cleanliness and good work flow in the environment
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2016
A typical work day is once you come in managers give you a task to fulfill and if help is needed they would provide the necessary help. One of the things I have learned over the years is how to manage my time well. The co- workers are friendly and great to get along with, as well as very understanding and we encourage one another.
Great learning experience, but management not concerned for employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Internal Medicine, LexingtonMay 23, 2016
Loved the Doctors I worked with, some were very demanding and didn't handle change well. Support staff wonderful. Management didn't manage - stayed in office most of the time or was in with the nurses more than all the other staff. Most MAs did what they could to help each other, but selective.
Pros
rapport with most doctors - buying lunch for staff
Cons
parking if you did later shift, management, everyone working on the same goals, 2% raises every year
Patient Care and Transporter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here and would recommend it. It has gotten much more efficient under the Beth Israel management from Former Jordan Hospital.
Good people and environment
Lead Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Patient-centered and nice place to work. Nice interdisciplinary interactions and commitment to patient safety. Easily accessible by MBTA. Limited advancement opportunities at the moment.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2016
Working in the Emergency Room was exciting, everyday you come to work was a different atmosphere, you never know what kind of day it was going to be and everyday is not the same, You stay busy and the time goes by fast.
Pros
sometimes we get free lunch
Cons
you might get a break if its not busy
Very non-progressive place to work
Manager, Clinical Applications Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2016
Organization is stuck in the 1950's in their thinking of work methodologies and management style. Many people have been there way too long and are not qualified for the position they hold.
first job as a phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 18, 2016
I draw blood for scheduled patients. I learned to be more detailed-oriented and different tests. The management wants me to do my best. I get along great with my co-workers. Currently my job is not hard. I like working talking to patients and the freedom to work independently.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
short lunch

Want to know more about Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great teaching hospital with lots of opportunity for growth.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
My job required me to run a high volume patient care clinic, calendar management between chairmen. Learned alot about surgical procedures from medical to elective procedures. Management could have been critiqued. I worked independently but when my positioned required that I worked with others I found that everyone was useful and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12hrs unplanned shifts; learning to not take things personal ex: (pt's that come in sick to the pt's that were abusive to the fustrations from the executives.). What I enjoyed most of my experience at the medical center was the rapor I gained with the pt's, the acknowledgement I received for my services and just the feeling I got from knowing my work was affective enough to make an impact on some lives.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays and gifts of acknowledgement
Cons
Barely took an outdoor lunch
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying"
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.”
Great place to learn
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2016
Busy, large, city hospital. Has many departments that provide excellent care to patients and to their families. Very enjoyable job.
Great location with laid back atmosphere
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 8, 2016
This is simply a great place to work with very professional yet nurturing management. Everyone from the CEO down to Waste Management team are very friendly and helpful.
Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2016
A great place to learn hands on experience in the medical field in all areas of medicine. As a student that is all the info I can give
Decent starting position
Psychiatric Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2016
Enjoyed the exposure to behavior health. Hours were not the best but manageable due to commute. Cohorts were not helpful when needed.
Pros
Exposure to medical care and behavioral health
Cons
Hours, work distribution, commute
Great work environment.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2016
Great work environment, everyone is considerate and working together towards a common goal. Co-workers are nothing but pleasant people.
Great and friendly space
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 24, 2016
Love the staff and the management everyone is friendly and very helpful nothing bad to say about the people or the place would love to make a career out of working for bidmc
Productive and a fun place to work
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 23, 2016
Working at Beth Israel is a very loving place the management here is very understanding and great people.. The worker here are great I've here for 15yrs and I love it ..
admin.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
enjoyable place to meet friends and formulate good friendship
high quality patient care
can be difficult dealing with multiple issues at the same time
management needs to be more flexible