Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and a fun place to work
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 23, 2016
Working at Beth Israel is a very loving place the management here is very understanding and great people.. The worker here are great I've here for 15yrs and I love it ..
admin.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
enjoyable place to meet friends and formulate good friendship
high quality patient care
can be difficult dealing with multiple issues at the same time
management needs to be more flexible
Great Place to work!
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
Great Staff, collaborative environment, patient centered care. Staff are eager share their knowledge. As an intern I consulted with inpatients, evaluated kidney transplant candidates in an outpatient setting and co facilitated a weekly support group.
Level II OT Fieldwork
Level II Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
Excellent placement for a level II fieldwork student. The staff was welcoming and willing to help guide students to provide the best clinical experience possible.
Great facility
Senior Research Technician/Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
BIDMC is Harvard Medical associated and a very competitive atmosphere. However, the group I worked in was highly collaborative, friendly and supportive. I left only because the institute where I was working was disbanded.
Pros
In the heart of Longwood medical center
Cons
In the heart of Longwood medical center
Good
Diet Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
Nice place to work, everyone is always willing to help if you have any questions. Great schedule and good benefits. Longwood area is great for commuting but not driving around, parking is pretty expensive.
An excellent Community Hospital
Director, Safety/Security, Transport & Valet (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAFebruary 28, 2016
BID-Milton was the fastest growing hospital in the Commonwealth in 2015. Our Leapfrog, HCAPS and PG scores are well earned. It is a great atmosphere for employees, patients and visitors.
Pros
Free Valet Parking & the friendliest atmosphere in New England!
Cons
None.
Very serious goal oriented environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2016
Fun place to work, however, they get the job done without complaints. The management is good depending on the department. A great place to make connections and friends.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2016
Level 1 Trauma Center
Career oriented
Opportunity to move up and change job within the company
Updated technology
Great work place
Good organizational culture
Fast paced
Salary is fair
Location is center to several Boston hospital's
Parking is expensive
High traffic
Very much a family work environment
Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Felt firmly rooted to coworkers as well as upper management during my time. Exceptionally inclusive environmentry - never felt nervous reaching out to other departments.
They also do a lot to promote company bonding, having things like hospital wide lunch outside etc.
Decent health benefits - especially if plan picked within the hospital - far exceeded my personal plan through the state prior.
Pros
Decent benefits, easy to accrue time off (28days paid vaca per year)
Cons
Not an easy direct commute to longwood
Patient Care Technician, Cardio (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2016
checking every four hours patient's vital since and blood sugar and report to the nurse. take urine sample and sent to the lab, take EKG for the patient. made a discharge and an admmision procedures
Great place to work but low compensation
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Management is great they listen to your problems
Coworkers are also fantastic to work alongside
I learned many things pertaining to endoscopy and ready to show my skills
Cons
compensation
Top Notch Hospital
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work - great people with a friendly attitude. I enjoy the patient interaction and being part of a solid team.
Manage Care Coordinator-Promotion (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
BIDMC is more then a just your basic employer, here at BIDMC they provide you with opportunity to advance in your field, as well as advance within your education. I love the flexibility within my department and the family atmosphere that we have all created. We are a real team here. Our patient population can be challenging at times, but again we believe in team work here and if we can help defuse a situation anyone of us will help out.
Working environment
Manager Clinical Application Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2016
This is a fantastic place to work, the people are terrific and very smart and there is a lot of room to explore new technologies.
I love where I work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2015
I enjoy working at BIDMC because here there are all kinds of programs available to help you advance your career in healthcare.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities
Review
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2015
Fast paced work environment with a supportive management team. What I have found to be the most rewarding part of my job is working with a talent candidate pool and placing top talent in critical jobs at the medical center.
Pros
Healthcare experience
Cons
work/life balance
fun, enoyable
Emergency Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2015
I enjoy working at Beth Israel, however I would like to branch off and do something else. I have been here at BIDMC for a little over two years now. While my exerience here has been exciting, enjoyable, and I hvae learned a great deal of experience I am ready to move into a new position.
If you work is more important than balance, this is the job for you.
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2015
The overall job is great, the parts not so great..Pay, work/life balance & Leadership.

By the time you calculate my hourly salaried income vs the amount of time required to complete ALL tasks required and then some, I make less than minimum wage.

I have "0" family/self time. But I love the office I currently work in and the atmosphere that I have created.
Pros
Great immediate co-workers/Physicians & location
Cons
Working from 3am - midnight, 7 days/wk for little pay
what you learned
Data Entry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2015
Honestly I've already answered this question to tell you the truth. I like the people I work with and I look forward to the challenges of working as a team on various projects.

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Reviews by Location