Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employer Reviews

A very friendly and courteous atmosphere. I am learning a lot about the admin portion of the hospital.
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2014
I really enjoy working with my co-workers. It is like I am a part of the family and I am just an intern. I am learning a lot about administration and clerical work in this hospital. I assist the Medical Office Assistants here in the Breast care department.

The women I work for work for different surgeons/doctors.
positive environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2014
-the doctors are professional and polite, along with the other staff
-the job wasn't hard at all
Great company
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
I love working here! This is a great company - Boston is a touch cold!
Great place to work. Learned a lot
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Great learning hospital. Very welcoming and informative staff. I did my externship here and left a much more competent medical assistant as well as grew as a person
A very busy and challanging place to work that requires skill
Senior Help Desk / On-Site Support Specialist (Current Employee), Brookline, MAJune 1, 2014
Pros: challenging work place
Cons: no cons
•A typical day at work
Replacing or setting up a complete workstation(S) for new hires
setting up scanners for HIM, (Health Information Management)
Reconfigure workstations that start to print information into
another department when the IP of the workstation changes.

•What you learned
To resolve an incident in a timely manner to keep the Client
up and running to be able to provide care for patients coming
in for healthcare.

•Management
Management is always aware of processes going on to assure that all
work performed is in compliance to hospital policies.

•Your co-workers
All of the co-workers are very friendly, have knowledge of system
setup and all share information as a team when new resolutions to new issues arise.

•The hardest part of the job
Providing the fastest help to all in a timely manner. The Tech
staff is very under staffed so sometimes there is a long waiting
period before a Client can get the help that is needed.

•The most enjoyable part of the job
Working with the Directors, Managers, Doctors and the employed staff at Beth Israel. Everyone is so friendly and easy to work with.
It's nice to see a smile on their face after I've resolved their issue
with their workstation.
Good workplace but hard to access.
Room Service Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 28, 2014
A nice workplace, employees are not the friendliest though. Management is great.
Great network in heart of Longwood Medical area
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 16, 2014
Large hospital in the heart of Boston's medical hub, it's a great place to meet a lot of like-minded people and advance your career in the medical field. Some really great people, but most are purely focused on their own careers. A LOT of really driven individuals!
First clinical internship
Intern for Clinical Research in Neurology Lab (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 13, 2014
Pros: different work schedule, and it can be acess by the train
Cons: better communication, and management would be nice.
A great learning experience for those who are seeking the path of being a medical student. Working with doctors, nurses, and PI to provide a comfortable and professional work environment. Meets lots of new and friendly people and having the task of taking care of patient and doing sleep study.
good work place but task was mandane
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 11, 2014
simple, repetitive tasks.
benefit package was good
coworker are friendly
Dietetic Internship
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 3, 2014
The dietetic internship provides 1200 supervised practice hours in clinical nutrition, food service management, and community nutrition. The internship encompasses 22 weeks of inpatient clinical nutrition with a strong emphasis in enteral and parenteral nutrition support for critical care.
great place to work
Food Service Retail Lead (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 2, 2014
Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center is a great big hospital, my job allows me to meet many different types of people, Dr's, Nurses, EMTs, lawyers; etc. It is very diversify. I also get to help people
who may be going thru a difficult time.
Level One Trauma Center
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Boston MAApril 18, 2014
I've learned to care for a wide patient population including Level One Trauma Patients that need extensive lifesaving medical treatment. I have the ability to quickly do an overview on a situation and prioritize what needs to be done and how fast. The most enjoyable part of my job is the teamwork between staff, and how people jump into a situation to help each other.
begining job
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 17, 2014
pay not so good. but people are great. no micromanagement. The enviroment is a little dated but the patiens get all they need.
Great Hospital to work for. They are dedicated to training students and also in providing the best possible treatment and care for the patients.
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 5, 2014
Pros: earned time and employee discounts
Cons: no free parking
It was never the same day, each day was different based on the patients and their needs. Its was at times very difficult due to seeing individuals that are sick, but rewarding at the same time because I knew they were in the right place and that the help they needed was available to them. I worked with an amazing team that all had the same goal in mind. We were there to Help the Patients. My manager was a wonderful team leader. He started the day with a department meeting that would inform us of what the day had in store for us and to give us a daily theme on how to better our services.
BIDMC is a great place to work
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: flexible and understanding colleagues.
Cons: there is no room for growth in my position
A typical day at work consists of emails, phone calls and follow-ups. I have worked with and learned from some of the smartest individuals here at BIDMC. I have learned to become a detailed oriented worker. I take pride in my work and the people I work with.
Management here is very felxible and understanding of their employees. Co-workers have been really great to work with. The hardest part of the job is being able to please everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the fruits of my labor. Its very rewarding to see the outcome of something you have worked months on come to completion.
typical workday
Patient Care Technician, Oncology/ Hematology (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 26, 2014
• Obtained patient’s vital signs, performed patient hygiene, made occupied and unoccupied beds
• Utilized proper methods to dispose of patient chemical waste
Management works with you to help balance work and life
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MaMarch 24, 2014
Awesome company to work for. Compensation is average is you are directly tied to health care, but that is off set but understanding and awesome management.
Nutrition Volunteer
Nutrition Volunteer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 22, 2014
Communicated with registered dietitians, physicians, nurses and administrative staff. Analyzed and interpreted diet menus, orders and databases. Updated and managed BIDMC Nutrition webpage with current nutrition-related topics. Created and designed webpage for the Foodservice Department that includes general information about services offered, room service for patients, diet orders and employee information. Researched nutrition-related topics for hospital education series and develop power-point presentation. Assisted dietitian with patient health screenings.
Admin Review
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: educational programs that promote growth
Cons: parking rates, cafeteria, pay
I have worked at BIDMC for 12+ years and its a great place to work and pending on the department its almost like being around family.
A typical day here in the ICU which is universal to all starts with giving report due to shift change and handling some clerical work as well as dealing with families and critical situations.
I think the hard part about working within a critical care environment is dealing with death.

Cons
The price of parking here is ridiculous and there should be better rates because they go up every year. The price for daytime parking for an employee onsite is close 100 a week. They might want to work on it. Another problem is pay employees who are currently here are not on a market rate pay scale as to the rest of the hospital.
Another downside is that its hard to get an internal transfer inside of the hospital if you have been an employee over 10 years. Numerous people have complained about that.
Cafeteria food is horrible and closes at 7 pm which does not do any justice for the night crew who are coming in.

Pros
BIDMC does strive to implement programs of growth so that employees can grow into different health care fields. They do have scholarships if you are going into a program that will benefit BIDMC career wise.
Productive with gym facilities
Intern/graduate pharmacist (Former Employee), Needham, MAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with staff
Cons: short breaks
A work place conducive for human habitation that made the workplace productive especially with the provision of gym where staffs could work out.

About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a patient care, teaching and research affiliate of Harvard Medical School, and – Read more