Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace conducive to learning
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at BIDMC, as a new employee I was welcomed immediately. I learned so much about nursing as a career because I worked with RNs face to face each day
High Impact and Intense work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was challenging because no employee resources exists to allow employees to engage a healthy work/life balance, e.g. No EAP. You are constantly monitored by "cold callers" who are hired to deliberately interrupt work flow to evaluate employee performance. The most enjoyable part to the job, however, was providing care and assistance to the departments patients and the overall organization.
Pros
Ability to work autonomously
Cons
Mystery Shoppers, no option for EAP
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
my job consist of helping patients daily with using the restroom, foods,drinking,and clothing themselves. my job also consist with cleaning
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Registered NurseSeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work. Good team work. Flexible schedule. competitive benefit. Constant learning environment and supportive staff. Fairly good management.
fun place to work
Lead Practice Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
Beth Israel is a great place to work and I learned a lot. I will take all the experience that I have gained and continue to grow with Healthcare.
Pros
educated people that know more than their jobs
Cons
parking to much
Busy Practice
PRACTICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2015
This was my favorite job i have had since being in the medical field. Very busy practice but an awesome support system. I learned how to work together with the practice manager to run a smooth, supportive practice.
a caring community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston MASeptember 1, 2015
I loved working here, even though the pay wasn't great. the doctor's and nurses make my day. still to this day I pop in to say hello.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers, health care vacation time, ect.
Cons
pay rate
Busy MRI department
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
Busy MRI department, knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff, friendly patient base, instructive and helpful MRI team members
Productive and fun working at BIDMC Disaster Medicine fellowship
FACULTY, BIDMC DISASTER MEDICINE FELLOWSHIP (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to work with fellows and faculty members from different backgrounds, best in their field of work, and very friendly.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Project Manager, Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
BIDMC is a great place to learn and grow and I have done that.

I feel I have hit my ceiling at this company and need to pursue other
avenues in my career.

Want to know more about Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center?

Ask a question
Good to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2015
I have been in BIDMC for three years. For my personal experience, it's not a friendly working environment and the culture is not great. But the location is good and associated with other Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
Pros
Cons
Bad culture.
Amazing place to work
Electromyography Technician, Neurology Department (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2015
I am proud to call myself an employee for this amazing hospital. They take care of those of us that are priviledged to call BIDMC our employer.
Great workplace with excellent managers
Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston,MAMay 24, 2015
-Fantastic job
-Have worked in multiple places within BIDMC and have seen that the managers are really proficient.
-Great flexible work hours
-The cost of parking is unreasonable and so is the cafeteria food.
Pros
Fantastic Facility, Great managers
Cons
Cost of Parking and Food
Good place to help people
Pulmonary Function Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2015
A good stepping stone but does not give much room for advancement. All the doctors and medical staff are great to work with
Pros
benefits, job security
amazing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2015
patients as well as co workers are very loving and enjoyable to work with. I learned a lot more than what I did in school. the hardest part of my job was trying to take out sutures. the most enjoyable part of my job was learning and expanding my knowledge in the medical field
The Drs and coworkers are awesome
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 6, 2015
You work independently, the office vibe is professional and I believe everyone works hard at doing their job and providing coverage to those in need.
A great place to work
Ambulatory Billing Coordinator/Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2015
I have pride and enjoy working for BIDMC you can trust the people you work for and have pride in what you do. As a team we work together to achieve goals.
Productive day at work
Medical and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
A productive day at work is seeing about 50-55 patients in eight hours. All type of patients, whether it's a two weeks follow-up, six weeks, wound care dressings, minor wound care procedures, such as applegraft, sclerotherapy, veinwaves, and etc.. I love to say I's a master when it comes to a wound care dressings. I work with some great co-workers. We all get along and work as team to make sure there is a good patients flow within the vascular department.. My most enjoyable moment in my department is seeing how happy the patients leaves our department satisfying with some great Surgeon, Nurse Practitioner, Administrators, Medical Assistants that really cares about their health and safety.
Pros
Team oriented, patient friendly, hard workers
Cons
short breaks
Excellent institution with job security- diminished morale with limited staffing
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
BIDMC strives for quality patient care- and is an established institution that enables employees to maintain a work-life balance. Unfortunately due to limited staffing and increasing acuity; it is easy to develop a negative morale among the work culture.
Opportunities for advancement, networking and education are present- but management is slow to acknowledge the diminished morale among staff members that contributes to the negative work culture.
Pros
academic institution; opportunities for advancement
Cons
negative morale
Organized and professional place to work and provide patient care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  East CampusJuly 13, 2015
I learned a great deal bout team work and time management while working at BIDMC. The nurses were supportive and worked effectively together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Reviews by Location