Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Office Manager & Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2015
It is the same job,
I am not sure why
you are asking me to review this place
again

I have already made a review
on
BIDMC

People: nice
Management: nice
co-workers: ok
overall: great place to work
Satisfying work
Administrative Assistant II,III,P.Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
I always enjoyed working for BIDMC, I had a feeling being safe at work, it was very professional and I enjoyed my work very much.
Pros
Professional enviroment
Cons
Difficult to transfer from one department to another
High Impact and Intense work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was challenging because no employee resources exists to allow employees to engage a healthy work/life balance, e.g. No EAP. You are constantly monitored by "cold callers" who are hired to deliberately interrupt work flow to evaluate employee performance. The most enjoyable part to the job, however, was providing care and assistance to the departments patients and the overall organization.
Pros
Ability to work autonomously
Cons
Mystery Shoppers, no option for EAP
Great place to work with many exciting and rewarding events
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2015
I learned many things and met many interesting people while working in the Department of Anesthesia. It was a busy job, managing the Chairman's calendar, answering phones, writing correspondence, et.
This was an internship opportunity
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  100 Center StreetMay 11, 2015
Learning experience, because I was learning new things and working with new people it was a great opportunity. I learned that I need to be engaged in doing a task until break time.
great place to work
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2015
Great place to work, good science and excellent physicians. Very productive and friendly environment, endless opportunities.
Great place to learn and work
Registered Nurse - Farr 6 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2015
A positive environment, supportive team to work with. Always a new challenge and something to learn on a daily basis. A good place to learn about the health field
Busy and rewarding
Practice Assistant/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2015
Pros
co workers
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
great place to work if you are looking for a large environment hospital
Primary Scrub for OB/GYN procedures (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2015
very busy diverse hospital. constantly growing. management is very team oriented. co workers are mixed as with any job but everyone seems to work well together. praised for a job well done. Pay is average
Pros
diverse community
Cons
have to pay for parking
Productive day at work
Medical and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
A productive day at work is seeing about 50-55 patients in eight hours. All type of patients, whether it's a two weeks follow-up, six weeks, wound care dressings, minor wound care procedures, such as applegraft, sclerotherapy, veinwaves, and etc.. I love to say I's a master when it comes to a wound care dressings. I work with some great co-workers. We all get along and work as team to make sure there is a good patients flow within the vascular department.. My most enjoyable moment in my department is seeing how happy the patients leaves our department satisfying with some great Surgeon, Nurse Practitioner, Administrators, Medical Assistants that really cares about their health and safety.
Pros
Team oriented, patient friendly, hard workers
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced team atmosphere
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
Assist in caring for a diverse patient population in a high paced, ever changing environment. Every day is a new experience, yet at the end of the day I feel accomplished and fulfilled having been awarded the opportunity to help those in need. I look forward to going to work emergency department at BIDMC.
its ok place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 23, 2015
great people but the managment is hard to work with at times. My co workers are great and fun to be around. Very busy place which i like.
Excellent institution with job security- diminished morale with limited staffing
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
BIDMC strives for quality patient care- and is an established institution that enables employees to maintain a work-life balance. Unfortunately due to limited staffing and increasing acuity; it is easy to develop a negative morale among the work culture.
Opportunities for advancement, networking and education are present- but management is slow to acknowledge the diminished morale among staff members that contributes to the negative work culture.
Pros
academic institution; opportunities for advancement
Cons
negative morale
Stimulating work environment
Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2015
Stimulating work environment with opportunities for training and advancement. Friendly and helpful co-workers in a collegiate atmosphere. I most enjoy interacting with and learning from the many residents, fellows, and medical students who rotate through our department.
Use as stepping-stone for career advancement
Research Fellow/ Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2015
Researchers, in general, are not paid highly regardless of their knowledge or experience. This hospital should only be a stepping-stone to further one's career in medical research.
Pros
get to go on national conferences.
Cons
long hours, working occasionally on weekends.
Productive work place
Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 16, 2015
I open the store at 9:30am. I answer any emails or voice mails. Emails and voice mails may be about billing, insurances or appointments with clients. While helping any customers that come in the store to buy a gift for someone they know with cancer or a client witch cancer looking for a wig or anything else they need to help get through the difficult time.
I have learned that it is very hard for me to work in an environment where I work alone. I have gained experience in running and managing a store. I learned a lot about the health care community.
My co-workers do not work directly with me day to day. They are nurses, medical, assistants and receptionist who have there on busy day. It is all woman who focused on the well being of the care of patients. All very friendly.
The hardest part is not working with anyone on a slow day I am alone with no customers. Also not getting positve feed back from my boss who manages the whole center.
Most enjoyable part is making woman feel so incredibly beautiful during such a hard time in their life. Being a part of the process with everything that is going on, And learning about the medical community.
excellent place to work
Billing Manager, Department of Psychiatry (HMFP) (Former Employee) –  boston, MAMarch 7, 2015
ability to learn and grow as a revenue cycle professional
great work hours
met and learned from wonderful administrative and clinical staff
made long lasting relationships
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
professional growth not always available
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bosotn MaMarch 3, 2015
A Great Learing Hospital With Great Staff support an great patients
and Doctors BIDIMC is A Hospital with great teamwork and losts of great team players You will feel right at home
Pros
invrioment
Cons
temp job
Great work enviroment
Cash Application Specialist & Pt Account Rep (Former Employee) –  NeedhamFebruary 24, 2015
Working with this hospital was great, I wish I was still working there. Leaving for personal reasons made it hard to get back into work there because the position fills in fast.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
to far away
Volumes of work not enough staff
Desktop and IS Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2015
I assessed 1,500 users' old Win XP computers, submitted the those specs and delivered new or refurbished Win 7 computers till the end of the project.
Pros
got to see a lot of interesting hardware some of the users had connected to their computers.
Cons
not challenging just deliver and take away desktops.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.