Community Relations Liaison
Bethany Hospice - Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Western PA 5 years in a row!
We are seeking a dynamic, goal oriented professional to tell the Bethany Hospice story to physicians, healthcare professionals and patients. Preference given to those with professional healthcare experience and contacts. Healthcare marketing experience a definite plus. 1 year relevant exp required. FT w exc. benefits.
Please include a cover letter in your submission to describe how you meet the needs of Bethany Hospice.
TITLE: COMMUNITY RELATIONS LIAISON
SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Nursing, or related field, or equivalent knowledge required.
2. One or more years experience in health care field, sales experience preferred.
3. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers, referral sources, and the community.
4. Excellent written and verbal skills, computer literate.
5. Good organizational, people and problem solving skills.
6. Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
7. Physical exam in accordance with state law requirements.
8. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
9. Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
10. Satisfactory criminal background check.
11. Presentation of negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by hospice and/or state law.
12. Valid driver’s license and an automobile that is insured is accordance with state law and is in good working order.
13. Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
14. Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Generate appropriate patient referrals from customers and continue to grow the number of referrals over time. Establish and maintain professional relationships with key physicians, nursing home administrators and staff, DON’s, hospital personnel, etc. Represent the company in a competent, professional and responsive manner. Interact with the patient care team consistent with team-building and professional culture established by the company. Maintain high quality customer service standards in compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines. Meet or exceed growth and development targets to actively establish and maintain market acceptance and allegiance throughout the service area. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the budget. Travel as necessary.
1. Establish and maintain ongoing public relations efforts to increase community understanding of hospice program and improve relations with current and potential referral sources.
2. Continuously conduct market assessments and develop a comprehensive marketing plan designed to meet budgetary projections.
3. Maintain a working knowledge of community resources and assist in accessing community resources should company be unable to service the patient.
4. Employ marketing and promotional initiatives as directed.
5. Monitor and report cost-effectiveness of marketing efforts.
6. Effectively implement a territory management system.
7. Identify opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
8. Build and monitor community perceptions of the company’s quality and services.
9. Provide regular and effective communication with all staff to facilitate administration of hospice service.
10. Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
11. Participate in evening/weekend call for admissions as required, in a competent and responsive manner.
12. Maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations and company established personnel policies and procedures.
13. Meet or exceed delivery of company service standards in a consistent manner.
14. Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner.
These statements are representative of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform related tasks other than those stated in this description.
General office, extended care facility, exposure to infectious diseases, travel by automobile and occasionally by airplane.