Bethany Medical Center Employee Reviews

Unfortunately BMC closed in 2001
Critical care RN, Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 3, 2017
Unfortunately for the Kansas City Kansas communities, Bethany Medical Center closed in 2001. It was a great place to work with many dedicated physicians, nurses and supportive staff.
Great place for experience
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
I use to work for Bethany Medical. But unfortunately it didn't last long. Don't get me wrong it's a very good place to gain experience, but if u looking for a career not so much. The job it self was easy, but the staff are pretty much every man for it's self and they only see what they wanna see(meaning you can give your all but to them it not good enough). I feel the place could be more friendly there was a lot of attitudes going on in there. But like said it's a great place to gain experience but don't get COMFORTABLE..
Pros
Good for experience, fast paced
Cons
Bad attitudes, some slow days
Ok job
Medical Assisting Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 8, 2017
I did my internship at Bethany Medical Center. Not a bad facility over all to work for, but there was some cattiness amongst a group of co-workers.

Good experience.
An awesome work place to work with different verities of providers
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 8, 2017
Awesome place to work. If you are ever in North Carolina and need a place of employment, look no further BMC is an awesome place to call your 2nd home
They took care of employess
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 16, 2017
I really enjoyed my job there. They allowed you to move around. They provided you with scubs. And you recieved bonuses.You were allowed to move around in the company.
Pros
free scrubs and bonus.
A Good Job.
Security Officer, Second Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here but the hospital was closed down several years ago and torn down shortly thereafter. It was shift work so lots of late/early hours, Weekends and Holidays, double shifts, etc.
Pros
Fun Work, good staff.
Cons
Hours.
Learning place
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 15, 2017
Productive and good place to work stright out of school will learn a lot of skills. Will have to work a Saturday and Sunday once a month, have some Hoilday's off.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Fun and Exciting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  KCKMay 27, 2017
Bethany was the BEST hospital in KC metro area but unfortunately the hospital is now closed. We had awesome physicians and were known as the BEST in KCK
Pros
Family
Cons
No complaints
Avoid if you want to further your career
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 16, 2017
Unfortunately there is no chance for advancement not is there any regards to working with school schedules within this company unless you are buddy-buddy with upper management. They do not post openings internally, rather they choose who they want to put in a position. There are no raises and bonuses are not guaranteed. I asked several times to cross train and was told I couldn't. I think they are afraid if you learn more than your position then you will take the experience and go elsewhere. The employees are messy, thrive on gossip, and not opposed to lying on one another to get "ahead" even though they are stuck too. If you are content being stuck in a position and never growing, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Occassional lunches
Cons
No advancement, not family friendly, full of drama
Bethany Medical Center
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 15, 2017
Didnt like going to work because of the fact I didnt know what station I would be working at. I was a floater. So when I would go they would tell me to drive to a different building and had to work their hours and not mine.
Pros
Patients were awesome
Cons
Not enough work for all the stations
Pleasent enviroment.
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 28, 2017
Pleasant environment if you can work by yourself. The patient have to share a bathroom, and the parking lot is right outside the door. The lab is easy to find.
It was a great place to wor
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 19, 2017
Very nice workplace!! I really enjoyed it. The responsibilities were a lot but not overdone.
The Hosp was always fair to employees .
The management was not always on time but other employees were. Some took too much time off and made other people do their work.
Pros
Employees were always nice.
Professional and yet a friendly atmosphere.
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC 27262February 7, 2017
Being employed at Bethany Medical Center was a great opportunity for me, management staff were professional and understanding when it came to concerns of an employees child.
Pros
Great benefits.
Very exciting fun place to work
Administrative secretary also staffing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Central st building is torn downJune 18, 2016
My typical day I was a Staffing clerk staffing 9floors with proper coverage of aides, Nurses and unit secretaries. I was also a administrative secretary. I learned a lot at this job I got to work as inventory clerk, on the nicu unit, in the morgue and as a unit secretary also medical records. My managers were great I enjoyed getting to work in different areas of the hospital. My co workers were professional and a pleasure to work with. There was no hard part of this job it was great. I enjoyed each and every day at this job.
Pros
Everything i learned
Cons
Great place to work and learn
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company and learned a lot of different things from my fellow co-workers. I was just out of school and they took the time to show me what needed to be done and how they would like for it to be done.
Pros
Luncheon meeting with co-workers
Cons
short breaks to no breaks
im not sure why i still work here
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 2, 2016
unorganized and management is all other place you can never get what you need to do your job definitely not a team atmosphere you really feel like your working alone
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 26, 2015
I learned alot there from the some of the people I worked with especially going paperless that was a task for me to accomplish but I love to work with patients.
Pros
I love the medical field
Cons
Not treated well
Nothing good to say except for the co workers- over worked under paid, and unappreciated.
Certified Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 16, 2015
I could make your hair curl if I told you what I experienced first hand.
Some management personnel are not to be trusted, they will tell you what you want to hear. Some employees are not qualified for the positions they hold and should be but are not held accountable.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Too many to mention.
Management is terrible
CMA (Former Employee) –  High point NCMay 29, 2015
The management here was incompetent, unprofessional, and immature. They talk about staff to other staff and have zero leadership training. The person they put in charge of the main campus was a complete joke! One of the rudest people I've ever know.
Horrible management, don't trust anyone!
lab (Former Employee) –  high point, ncMay 23, 2015
Run, run away as fast as you can! Loved the actual work & most of the employees are hard working good people, but management is completely incompetent, under qualified, & unprofessional. Gossipy, toxic atmosphere promoted & stirred up by petty, deceitful, & just plain mean people that have unbelievably been placed in positions of power. Have never seen or worked at a place like this before. No 401k, no raises,no chance of promotion, high turnaround of staff, questionable business practice.
Pros
Some great coworkers
Cons
Everything else!