BETHEL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Poor place to work
DIRECTOR OF DISTANCE LEARNING (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 22, 2017
This is a poor organization to work for while the mission and purpose is great the current management culture is not ideal. Cut throat and limited opportunities to grow.
Pros
time off
Cons
healthcare and pay
Great people to work with who believe in what they do.
Director of Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 2, 2017
Bethel College is a good place to work and I feel there are exceptional faculty and staff. Pay is comparable to like not-for profit small colleges, but far lacking for industry wages. The leadership is honest and open.
Fun work place where learning takes priority.
Intramural Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work saw me in a meeting for 40 minutes and then I spent 3 hours reffing various sports.
My manager was a fun loving guy. Made coming to work fun.
Biology 125 Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work includes preparing chemical solutions, preparing for labs, cleaning up after labs, teaching students during labs, and tutoring students.
Fast paced, learning opprotunity
Senior Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSMay 16, 2017
Great for a college working environment, although management and benefits were quite poor. Worked a myriad of jobs within all levels of administration. Students were a joy to work with and I grew as an employee while here. Unfortunately one way I grew is in dealing with management that doesn't value an open line of communication.
Was a great environment
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY TEACHERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 9, 2017
My job responsibilities were to work on the dissection of the college's human cadaver and the rabbit cadavers, setting up the lab classes, and I was also there to watch and aid students in their learning of the anatomy of humans. I was also able to sharpen my pre-existing knowledge of the human body.
Productive and faith-based environment
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Bethel College Help Desk.

I gained my first experience in customer service by operating a switchboard phone and checking in and out computers belonging to students and staff.

The workplace culture is faith-based. I was always encouraged to put my studies first.

The hardest part of the job is when the techs did not provide sufficient notes about computer being worked on when someone called concerning their laptop/computer status.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and gaining experience.
Pros
Down time to study
Cons
Very slow hours
Fun workplace and co workers
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  North Newton, KSDecember 11, 2016
As part of the event staff, we are responsible for setting up and tearing down before and after sporting events. It is simple work that requires cooperation between students and the ability to follow orders
Pros
Food during sporting events
Cons
unpredictable working times
Student worker
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 8, 2016
Great organization. Genuine people who actually care about you. Work/school/life balance is great. Pay does not match up to the work though.
Pros
People, hours, job duties
Cons
Pay, management
Easy-Relatively stress free work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSJune 28, 2016
I worked as an IT Specialist for an on campus job. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and solving numerous issues that are common with computers and laptops. The beginning of the year is more busy due to people still learning the schools system but slows down drastically during the spring semester.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Slow
Great people at Bethel College.
Women's Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 19, 2016
There are a great number of people to work with at Bethel College. It is a small school where the people care about each other and not just the academics.
Typical Day
Head Cross-Country & Assistant Track Coach (Current Employee) –  North Newton, KSNovember 12, 2015
At Bethel College, I had a great experience. They have great students, great co-workers, administration is okay to work with.
Ok
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 2, 2015
interesting place to work. plenty of work no budget to get the job done write the first time. People are the best part and flexible with scheduling
Pros
People
Cons
budget priorites
Laid back college environment
Media Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IMS DepartmentSeptember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, and always had something to do until I was laid off.
I mainly set up and took down all sound and video equipment as well as ran it throughout the day and catered to everyones needs.
A Great Work Environment
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  South Bend inAugust 30, 2015
Smaller classes, a learning community that is focused on providing students with a great education.
A fairly conservative Christian environment, which is good or bad depending on your perspective.
Pros
A positive, upbeat faculty
Productive working in the IMS department
Support Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSAugust 26, 2015
The IMS department had to be the bes department learned lots of things about computer that help in the professional world.
Totally in love with thes job for the first three and a half years
Bethel College Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 17, 2015
I so enjoyed this job for several reasons. Great boss, great shift partner, and most co- workers. All of my students where so fun and kept me coming back and wanting to be there as much as I could. Not to mention the rate of pay plus the unlimited overtime. I made many relationships that even last until this day (2010). It ended on a sour note because of admin changes however, overall,l GREAT!
Pros
Almost great in every aspact
Cons
Changes in admin
Dedicated faculty and staff committed to student success
Dir. Experiential Learning & Career Services (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSMay 28, 2015
Bright and engaging students from many states and other countries made it a joy to be a part of their college years. It was a honor to help them grow. Worked closely with caring colleagues.Hardest part for me was often saying "good by" at graduation. Best part was when I hear from them later in life. Job satisfaction working with college students was awesome and I grew from the experience, as well.
Pros
It is a small college where compassion, strong personal values, academic rigor and opportunity for development is abundant.
Cons
At a non-profit institution like a small private college, one stays for the students, not the salary.
Bethel
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNDecember 9, 2014
I don't really want to comment further than to say it would be better to work anywhere in the world before anyone should consider working there. It is seriously managed poorly and they currently have at least 300 students with an MACR degree that can't get jobs. There is a lot of dirty laundry that is hidden from the accreditation company SACS.
Pros
Online School
Cons
Management is terrible
Fun place to work with a lot of employee events
Student Affairs Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 26, 2014
The employees at Bethel College are hard working; multi-task many tasks and continually work toward implementing new initiatives for students to enhance their academic experience.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing hope and faith to potential students to navigate their academic goals.
Pros
Free lunches, shorter summer hours