BETHEL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and co workers
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  North Newton, KSDecember 11, 2016
As part of the event staff, we are responsible for setting up and tearing down before and after sporting events. It is simple work that requires cooperation between students and the ability to follow orders
Pros
Food during sporting events
Cons
unpredictable working times
Student worker
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 8, 2016
Great organization. Genuine people who actually care about you. Work/school/life balance is great. Pay does not match up to the work though.
Pros
People, hours, job duties
Cons
Pay, management
Great people at Bethel College.
Women's Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 19, 2016
There are a great number of people to work with at Bethel College. It is a small school where the people care about each other and not just the academics.
Typical Day
Head Cross-Country & Assistant Track Coach (Current Employee) –  North Newton, KSNovember 12, 2015
At Bethel College, I had a great experience. They have great students, great co-workers, administration is okay to work with.
Ok
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 2, 2015
interesting place to work. plenty of work no budget to get the job done write the first time. People are the best part and flexible with scheduling
Pros
People
Cons
budget priorites
Laid back college environment
Media Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IMS DepartmentSeptember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working here, and always had something to do until I was laid off.
I mainly set up and took down all sound and video equipment as well as ran it throughout the day and catered to everyones needs.
A Great Work Environment
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  South Bend inAugust 30, 2015
Smaller classes, a learning community that is focused on providing students with a great education.
A fairly conservative Christian environment, which is good or bad depending on your perspective.
Pros
A positive, upbeat faculty
Productive working in the IMS department
Support Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSAugust 26, 2015
The IMS department had to be the bes department learned lots of things about computer that help in the professional world.
Totally in love with thes job for the first three and a half years
Bethel College Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 17, 2015
I so enjoyed this job for several reasons. Great boss, great shift partner, and most co- workers. All of my students where so fun and kept me coming back and wanting to be there as much as I could. Not to mention the rate of pay plus the unlimited overtime. I made many relationships that even last until this day (2010). It ended on a sour note because of admin changes however, overall,l GREAT!
Pros
Almost great in every aspact
Cons
Changes in admin
Dedicated faculty and staff committed to student success
Dir. Experiential Learning & Career Services (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSMay 28, 2015
Bright and engaging students from many states and other countries made it a joy to be a part of their college years. It was a honor to help them grow. Worked closely with caring colleagues.Hardest part for me was often saying "good by" at graduation. Best part was when I hear from them later in life. Job satisfaction working with college students was awesome and I grew from the experience, as well.
Pros
It is a small college where compassion, strong personal values, academic rigor and opportunity for development is abundant.
Cons
At a non-profit institution like a small private college, one stays for the students, not the salary.
Bethel
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNDecember 9, 2014
I don't really want to comment further than to say it would be better to work anywhere in the world before anyone should consider working there. It is seriously managed poorly and they currently have at least 300 students with an MACR degree that can't get jobs. There is a lot of dirty laundry that is hidden from the accreditation company SACS.
Pros
Online School
Cons
Management is terrible
Fun place to work with a lot of employee events
Student Affairs Officer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 26, 2014
The employees at Bethel College are hard working; multi-task many tasks and continually work toward implementing new initiatives for students to enhance their academic experience.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing hope and faith to potential students to navigate their academic goals.
Pros
Free lunches, shorter summer hours
My Review
Assistant Director of Special Events (Current Employee) –  Mishawka IndianaJuly 13, 2014
Bethel College is the perfect place to work and grow professionally. I really value the flexibility I have there.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low wages
Personal rewarding job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Newton, KSMay 31, 2014
As a Resident Assistant a normal day could be going on rounds around campus, planning events unlocking peoples doors solving a roommate conflict. I learned how to deal with different types of people from different walks of life and how to resolve issues. My management which was the Resident Directors of the buildings were helpful but sometimes not understanding. My fellow Resident Assistants were helpful. The hardest part of the position is the fact that you never really are off of work but are always on call. The most enjoyable part was planning events and talking with my residents.
Pros
Free Room and Free cable
Cons
Always working with out specific shifts
Great place to learn new things plus awesome co-workers
Junior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 10, 2014
Typical day at work includes learning a new skill and changing or updating something on the website.
Pros
Comfortable, friendly work environment
Bethel College
Tier 2 Student Technician/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 17, 2014
Working directly with the students and faculty at Bethel was always a joy. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The management and coworkers were always very friendly. The hardest part of the job was realizing that once you graduate, you are no longer eligible to continue working. The most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with students and faculty.
Pros
Friendly work environment and people
Cons
The job ended upon graduation
Not so good work experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 26, 2014
Sodexo Corporation was not a good place to work. They had a bad thing happen there to a fellow worker of mine and instead of firing the attacker, they just yelled at him and transferred out the victim to a worse working environment and covered up everything about the attack when it should have been dealt with.
Productive and fun place to work
Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 1, 2013
*Coordinated student activities, scheduled guest speakers, and organized and conducted interactive activities
*Work with student organizations such as student government, fraternities, and sororities
*Oversee student-sponsored events such as formals, fundraisers, banquets and homecoming *Work closely with 500 hundred plus students on campus
*Supervise the daily tasks and operations of 10 employees
*Manage fiscal year budget of $55,000
*Create and responsible for planning and organizing contracts for services
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay
Beautiful campus, great studenta
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSApril 29, 2013
I enjoyed my fellow faculty and students. Open communication in the workplace and alot of creative minds.
Life experience
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 17, 2013
It was a great opportunity for me to work here and be able to help others on a more emotional land personal level instead of in the medical purely patient level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BETHEL COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3