Bethel Head Start Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great educational program for beginning children
Facilities Supervisor/Human Resource Assistance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Bureaucracy interfered with program's mission and goals; therefore, children and families suffer. It became a big hindrance to employee morale.
enjoyed working with the children
Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2015
i loved working with children.i enjoy helping in anyway i can.i learned how to place orders and do stock.The hardest part was switching locations had to leave the kids i was working with.
Pros
benefits
Cons
washing dishes
preschool teacher
Pre K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 23, 2012
Working with children 3-5 and implementing age appropriate lesson plans. I work in a room with a Teacher Assistant and a Collaboration.
My Bethel Experiance
Teachers Assistant, Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 5, 2014
As a Teachers Assistant work with children anywhere from ages 2 1/2 to 4 yrs. of age. Teaching them their numbers, ABC's, seasons, how to write their name, how to be independent and any other important information that would get them ready for kindergarten. I learned how to be gentle, patient, and a team player. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children watching them have a good time and learning. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people that didn't want to be team players but bosses when they weren't.

As a Family Partner I worked closely with the parents to enroll children into the program as well as any personal needs the parent may need for themselves or the family as a whole. Had to maintain personal records for the children in the program and gather health information like sight test, blood pressure and hearing test. I loved having my own space and being able to work in peace. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant changes to things that I have already taken the time to learn and on the spot information that wasn't in the system but needed the children after they left for the day.
great
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2012
nice co workers, summers and holidays off, head start is a great early childhood program for children and family

4.3