Bethel Homes Employee Reviews

It alright place to work at
Transporter/Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2016
The best part of the job is helping elder people and take care of them and there health, making them feel safe and comfortable.
Pros
helping people
Cons
no sleep
Very boring
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYOctober 2, 2015
watch a small pool that nobody really goes to, and monitor chemicals. I mainly do my homework there and sit alone because nobody uses the pool.
Pros
free lunch/dinner, lots of down time
Cons
its very hot, and extremely boring
Home health aide
Assist clients in home (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2015
I assist the elderly daily by: cleaning their homes, preparing meals, tiding up the bathroom, doing laundry, and driving them to their appointments.
Was a learning experience.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2015
I opened the office everyday at 7:30am and would get stuff ready for the rest of the office staff. I would interview potential aides and prepare their employee folder, which would need state qualifications and back ground checks. I would do all employee's schedules, and all client's care plan's. I was involved with doing payroll and billing.
I learned several things in the office setting and enjoyed all my staff that worked under me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with constant pressure to go to the owners church and explaining to him about medical ethics.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping other aides study to take the CNA exam and dealing with all the clients.
Pros
Helping clients and aides
Cons
No breaks or overtime
ok place to work
Staff RN and Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYMarch 9, 2015
They don't treat the workers as well as they could. Other places give the workers an end of year bonus and free meals etc. They do the bare minimum and give workers a hard time when they have to pay for overtime.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not many benefits
nice place
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYFebruary 17, 2015
cleaning rooms moping vacuuming whipping down tables cleaning kitchens.
learned how to clean.
management was very iffy you never know from day to day how it was gonna be.
hardest part was cleaning for 8 hours straight
the money was good people are friendly
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYOctober 5, 2014
Excellent learning environment where one is acquiring all the necessaries knowledge and skills need to become effective as one gets the opportunity to administer a facility on his own.
Pros
free lunch, lovely work environment
Everyone friendly
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYAugust 14, 2014
Long med passes
Did cpr on elderly residents in cardiac arrest
Management good leaders
Co workers easy to get along with
Best part lunch and dinner together
Pros
CHINESE FOOD
Cons
NO CONS
Long-term Healthcare Facility.
Administrative Assistant/Staffing Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYAugust 11, 2014
Productive and fun. Interacted well with peers on a professional level. Typical day was very chaotic in the nursing office and as the administrative assistant I had to wear many hats. There was no room for mistakes.
The most enjoyable part of the job involved working with the elderly residents.
Pros
As a result of the fast pace, the day went by quickly, during the summer staff was treated with either a barbecue or a ice-cream treat, with the whole works.
Cons
Health insurance was costly.
A safe environment while working
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  NDJune 9, 2014
When having a typical day at work,u have to learn to keep your problem at home come to work on a postive note.I learned how to repect each others idea and space when it comes to working as a team.communicate more with them.Have a better understanding on team work with each other.The hardest part of any place of employment when employees can't get along and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is when its stress free,well organize.
Pros
Full benefits paid by the company being an employee, friendly and understanding staff.
Cons
Not having all hours available after being hired, long wait for housing.
Fast paced, multi-tasking, day went quickly.
Receptionist/Communication (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Meeting, greeting & directing all visitors and families. Directing ambulance EMTs to emergencies. In take of new admissions and answering all telephone calls. Paging if emergency occurred and direct to unit.
All my co-workers liked me and would say I brighten up their day and bring a smile to their face. If I needed something they wouldn't hesitate to help, as I could not leave my desk for security reasons.
There wasn't anything about my job I felt hard because I enjoyed it.
Conversations with residents, family members and co-workers.
productive workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJanuary 6, 2014
i would love to be employed there again some of the staff were really helpful and i just feel like they should tend to the patients a little more
Pros
good work environment
Cons
should be move attentive to patients
productive workplace
health care provider (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 22, 2013
giving quality patient care, nice work environment.
preparing food and medications for patient
assisting them in their activities of daily living. co-workers are friendly
Bethel Homes
Floor Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 27, 2013
A typical day at work, you have your good days, and you have your bad days. Your good days is when you accomplish all your work, and your proud of what you got done. When you can go over and beyond to help others and help the residence. And you can put a smile on someone else's face. And on the residence that live at Bethel Homes. A bad day is having to hustle to get your daily stuff done, when all things pile up, and you're falling behind. Sometimes stripping and waxing floors can be harder when you're hustling. I really enjoy working, I'm a hard worker. I make sure everyone feels like they have a place. And a clean environment for the residence and their families. I'm fun to get along with, I don't like being upset, and angry. I'm usually a really happy guy. I feel good when other people are happy, and when the residence are happy, I'm happy. And, the day was all worth it.
Pros
I love what i do.
Cons
I'm happy with my job
Nursing Home
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYAugust 21, 2013
I worked daily in the kitchen preparing and servicng the edlerly their meals to their rooms,
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not enough income/part-time
Productive and Great Enviroment
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 17, 2013
Assist Administrator & Director of Nursing in general operation of facility, maintain calendar and prepare needed background information prior to meetings to ensure that the schedule runs smoothly also create 4-week staffing schedule for Nursing Department.
Pros
free parking, flexable schedule, good enviroment
Cons
short breaks
productive and rewarding, I received my medication tech certificate with them.
Medication technician (Former Employee) –  croton on Hudson N. Y.April 11, 2012
It was an experience, that was a learinig process and very educational, and hands on.
Pros
enjoyed working with the residential population, we did activities together.
Cons
no coverage, mandation of shift coverage.