Bethel University

Bethel University United States Employee Reviews

Bethel University Review
NAIA-Asst Defense Coach-Cornerbacks (GA) (Current Employee), McKenzie, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: low salary
My day begins with a 5 am defensive coaching meeting, then a 6 am special teams meeting. Next, we have our strength program from 7 to 9 am. Breakfast, then 10:30 am defense coaching meeting, film breakdown, scouting report. Lunch, then all coaches meeting at 2 pm. Team practice from 3 until 5:30 pm. Then team laundry on Tuesday and Thursday. I learned how to organize and conduct coaches and team meetings. I learned how to evaluate possible recruits, abilities and character. The hardest part of the job is telling a young man his talent level is just not good enough. The most enjoyable part is when a young man final understands what to do and can do it.
Great place to work!
Professor (Tenured) (Current Employee), McKenzie, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Excellent opportunities to work with excellent interaction with coworkers and management. Have been given considerable opportunities for progression in my career.
Great place to work.
Intern (Current Employee), Paris, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Job duties here included but not limited to:
Data Entry, Filing, General office duties.
Don't waste your time
Recruiter (Former Employee), TennesseeAugust 25, 2014
Cons: micro management, highly stressful, two faced employees, so much more
Terrible organization. Poor management, Terrible Communication, Not accepting to people with opinions. Poor culture. Do NOT step on the toes of the individuals in Nashville....or YOU'RE DONE.... Very sneaky, and unethical.
Loved Being EIC
Editor-in-Chief (Former Employee), MinneapolisAugust 19, 2014
Being Editor-in-Chief I learned immensely. I held weekly production meetings, worked with editors, layout editors, writers and photographers ensuring story budgets were met, and signing off on layout and design. I thrive being on a fast paced media team.
Recruiting Support Staff - Receptionist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2014
Working at Bethel helped me open up to the public. I enjoyed working there and getting to know law enforcement personnel and getting to meet new people every day.
Ok for early career
Athletic Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), McKenzie, TNJuly 12, 2014
For aspiring professors, Bethel would be a good place to start. Not a good place to work to make a good living from a financial perspective.
A great academic workplace with flexible schedules.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Bethel, MNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: a good look into the work of psychology research.
Cons: not enough hours or hands-on experience.
I worked with a Psychology teacher in order to help grade assignments, organize his research, make copies for him, and run any errands he needed done. I learned how to work one on one in a job setting and making sure that communication ways stayed open for satisfactory results. I learned how research was done within psychology and how the information had to be organized in order for the results to be found.
It was great!
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), McKenzie, TNJuly 6, 2014
I loved working here. The people were friendly and flexible scheduling.
Great place to work to gain experience
Student Service Representative (Former Employee), McKenzie, TNJune 8, 2014
Pros: staff waiver on tuition
Cons: salary is low
Absolutely loved the opportunity to gain knowledge that will be valuable for a lifetime. Great place to gain experience.
Bethel University
Tutor (Former Employee), McKenzie, TNMay 22, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: can get monotonous if there are no students to work with
Bethel is a great place to work and to study. I really enjoyed my job at the tutoring center there, and I would have stayed on as a tutor if non-students were eligible to do so.
Major University
Master Electrician (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 7, 2014
Pros: great people
Bethel is a great place to work. Good atmosphere. There is "no" typical day. New challenges to face daily. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job - too many OT Hours. Most enjoyable part of the job - other staff and coworkers.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee), St Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: amazing facilities
Cons: career advancement is challenging
Work is meaningful and valued. Bethel is making a strong impact in the lives of its students.Staff at Bethel are best in the business.
Stundent focus job, which means a lot of interaction face to face with a variety of people.
Math, Business and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Mckenzie, TNFebruary 14, 2014
It was fun and good experience, as was working 20 hours a week as a full time student so it help to learnt how to balance the different aspects of my life.
Great program, great accreditation and wonderful reputation!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: n/a
I absolutely love the challenges associated with working with the public. This position required never meeting a stranger and being extremely self disciplined.
Great Team Environment
Full-time (non-tenure) Professor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2014
Great cause with great peopleā€¦Team environment that serves others is evident at all times.
Field Recruiter
Field Recruiter for the CJ (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2014
I have only been here for 3 months so I am still learning. So far I have learned that I can never get a raise.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Ambassador and Telecounselor (Former Employee), McKenzie, TNJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not many hours
On a typical day I would meet up with the potential student and their parent, introduce myself and take them on an hour long tour of campus. I would then write a note on how well I think the tour went. Two nights out of the week I would call potential students and answer any questions they might have about Bethel and tell them of upcoming events and what they still need to attend Bethel.
A Full-time student and Mother
Full Time College Student and Homemaker (Current Employee), Hampton, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: happiness and success
I am a online student and a full-time mother. I have been a student for two years. Expected graduation date April 2015. I enjoy being a full time mother. I try to work while their in school, so that I can keep my home and work balanced.
Great student job
IC & Technology (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 19, 2013
Pros: study time
Cons: late nights
You are able to help out others, and also have some down time which allows you to study. I have really learned a lot about technology and am able to assist almost all the problems that students present me.