Bethel University Employee Reviews

Great environment, but administration needs work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNApril 6, 2017
Bethel is filled with wonderful employees who provide support for you when needed. They love to get to know you and help you strive in life. Great tuition benefit for faculty/staff who qualify. You meet people who really care about you. Chapel speakers are great! Vacation/holiday pay time is also a plus! Bethel is a religious institution so expect that if you plan to work here. Depending on which department you work for, some departments will have micromanagers, but you will also have many managers who want to help you grow. There is a great turnover rate possibly due to benefits and low pay. It is a very top hierarchical organizations with several VP's and top administrators with multiple title. Staff do not seem to have much voice. Human Resource needs improvement and things are done very slow here. There have been several unexplained lay offs. Not much professional development for staff.
Pros
Great environment, room for growth (slowly), great benefits (besides healthcare)
Cons
Lay offs, turn over rates, health benefits are expensive, low pay, administration
This was a fun work place that allowed me to go to school and work and didn't take up to much time.
Catering (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 27, 2017
This was a good job, with a fun environment that wasn't to serious but worked on having quality work and paying closely to detail. You had to memorize a lot of different tasks and how to do them around the work space.
Very religious
Bethel-FSU Partnership Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 23, 2017
I am only a student Worker, so my experience is very limited to a part-time full time student lens. In all, my supervisors are really great, the downfall is how religious everything is. Everything operates on biblical scripture and re-centering all the work we do back to the Christian faith. This may be great for some people, but for me it was exhausting,
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Religious over bearing
Data Entry
Internship (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMarch 8, 2017
My typical day at Bethel University, I entered information to students' files to insure that they have the correct information for their school programs.
Not much to do except around finals
Tutor (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNFebruary 28, 2017
People expect the writing tutor to do their work for them. Around finals especially. It got especially annoying when they need it done by the next day, but it needs so much editing and proofreading that you can't even tell what they were writing.
Good place to work~
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 15, 2017
They provide many excellent benefits: health, dental, life insurance, and great tuition benefits. They also offer several paid holidays - including the time between Christmas and New Years.
It was nice
Education Department Workstudy (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNNovember 27, 2016
I was a nice job where I got a lot of experience. I learn so much with wonderful bosses. I will recommend my on to work here. One of the best jobs I ever had.
Normal job with normal requirements
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNNovember 8, 2016
It is a great place to work if you plan on staying close to home and are committed to everyday work. I have learned communication skills and hard work.
College Workstudy
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNNovember 7, 2016
A wonderful environment to work in and earn money. Excellent learning opportunity for working in the real world. Definitely better than working in fast food.
My time at Bethel was a gift
Associate Professor, Journalism (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 15, 2016
In 2007, Bethel University invited me to be the school's first journalist-in-residence. A temporary job that was to last four months lasted four and a half years. I had never worked in a university, nor had worked in a Christian workplace, nor taught. The academic environment was theologically challenging and more intellectually stimulating than three decades in a newsroom. I've never worked harder: learning the techniques of good teaching, constantly preparing to teach subjects I'd never taught. The faculty was amazing and welcoming from the start. My department chair proved to be one of the five best supervisors in my various jobs. In an effort to improve my chances of staying at Bethel (I had short contracts) I earned a masters in communication. The bad news was that All the extra work, plus living apart from my wife for four years, led me into a major anxiety and depression episode and I chose to step away so the school could hire a PhD to do my job. I miss the people at Bethel more than I missed my colleagues at The Star. Being at Bethel was a grace gift.
Pros
Faculty, students, Christian environment.
Cons
Teaching on a contract was a drag.
Great benefits, family orientated environment
University Registrar (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJuly 15, 2016
Work is fast paced, student centered. Staff is team minded and seems to be a "work-family". Best part of my job is being to help students who are in a panic to get records for job opportunities. Worst part of my job is having to refuse to provide a transcript for students who are not eligible for transcripts.
Great place to work!
Criminal Justice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southwest, TNJuly 12, 2016
Bethel University is a great University to work at. All of the employees have a great working environment and everyone works together as a team. Management is always available when we need them. The hardest part of the job is recruiting adults because adults are procrastinators when it comes to doing something for themselves. The easier part of the job is traveling from city to city getting to know the police officers across the state.
Pros
The biggest pro is the trust the Universtiy has towards it's employees.
Cons
The health insurance could be a little better.
is an amazing institution
Cafeteria Worker/ Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJuly 1, 2016
The institution is a good place to work and it is especially good to work for if you are attending school and need a way to pay your tution
Pros
Pay after your done pay tuition
Cons
only got payed for two weeks
Challenging and Rewarding
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 6, 2016
I love Bethel. I went to school here while working and it was a great opportunity to learn while learning and be challenged in all areas.
Pros
Fun and strong staff
Cons
Strict
College work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 2, 2016
It was a fun experience to be able to help people solve problems and help them achieve higher grades in tests and throughout college
shalom working place
Dining room attendant and server (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2016
My day is always good at work, I learn a lot from my fellow members; thy inspire me with their hard work, I tend to manage myself well and I like associating with my fellow employees, The hardest part of the job is when we have a missing person in the shift, the most enjoyable part is being able to work carefully but also have a good time with my fellow workers.
Good learning enviroment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNApril 8, 2016
While attending classes at Bethel, I enjoy working in the student development department. This experience will prepare me for my future employment in the business world.
I believe in the mission of Bethel University
Controller (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 3, 2016
I spent my entire career at Bethel University. I believe in their mission and was excited to go to work every single day.

I had a great boss for 30 years. We worked very well together and had a friendship that still exists today. Most of my co-workers and those on my team were great to work with.

The hardest part of the job is balancing priorities. Most of the time it's not too difficult. But it can be challenging when multiple urgent matters arise.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. A close second is the satisfaction of completing a task to the best of my ability and meeting the needs of the people that made the request.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pay
Exciting and Friendly Environment
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJanuary 2, 2016
Getting prospects excited about their future with Bethel University was my main priority with this job. Showing off the campus and answering any questions the students and parents have. The hardest part of this job for me, was learning to talk infront of large crowds of strangers
Bethel is a numbers based environment and can be stressful
Undergraduate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Difficult to recruit in hostile environment.
Flexible environment to work in.
Highly numbers based and not a lot to go on.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hostile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethel University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2