Bethel University Employee Reviews in United States

shalom working place
Dining room attendant and server (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2016
My day is always good at work, I learn a lot from my fellow members; thy inspire me with their hard work, I tend to manage myself well and I like associating with my fellow employees, The hardest part of the job is when we have a missing person in the shift, the most enjoyable part is being able to work carefully but also have a good time with my fellow workers.
I believe in the mission of Bethel University
Controller (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 3, 2016
I spent my entire career at Bethel University. I believe in their mission and was excited to go to work every single day.

I had a great boss for 30 years. We worked very well together and had a friendship that still exists today. Most of my co-workers and those on my team were great to work with.

The hardest part of the job is balancing priorities. Most of the time it's not too difficult. But it can be challenging when multiple urgent matters arise.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. A close second is the satisfaction of completing a task to the best of my ability and meeting the needs of the people that made the request.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pay
Exciting and Friendly Environment
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJanuary 2, 2016
Getting prospects excited about their future with Bethel University was my main priority with this job. Showing off the campus and answering any questions the students and parents have. The hardest part of this job for me, was learning to talk infront of large crowds of strangers
Good learning enviroment
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNApril 8, 2016
While attending classes at Bethel, I enjoy working in the student development department. This experience will prepare me for my future employment in the business world.
College work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 2, 2016
It was a fun experience to be able to help people solve problems and help them achieve higher grades in tests and throughout college
Fast pace enviorment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNAugust 25, 2015
My current position as an unarmed security officer is a pretty good job. The students are fun to be around you get to know where many are from and learn a bit about them. I enjoy to the people that I work with, I have bosses that are willing to go the extra mile for their officers. The University it's self is a wonderful christian environment that strives on the word of the lord. Bethel is the type of place that I have turned out to love, the facility and staff are wonderful to work with.
Very Friendly and Productive environment
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2015
Working at Bethel was very challenging but very enjoyable. I had the opportunity to work with the nicest and friendliest people i have ever come across in my two year stay here in the United States.
You will never get lost at Bethel because people are willing to assist at anytime.
Pros
Free Lunches, tax Free on certain purchases, flexible work times
Cons
low wages
Fun, productive and secure
Resident Assistant (Housing Department) (Former Employee) –  Mckenzie TNJune 16, 2015
Working with Bethel University, I've bettered my people skills and management skills also. Helping student to better their college experience and also being a guide in their everyday life was an amazing experience. Letting them feel secure and more at home when they are away from home. Planning events and extra curriculum activities so that they can have fun while gaining a degree.
Almost Perfect
Asst. to the Dir. of Univ. Registrar and Research (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 25, 2015
A typical day included creating documents for certain data, checking student balances through their system, and completing any small tasks as the day progresses. Management was great at giving specific detailed orders pertaining to any workload on any given day. I worked alone in an office throughout the day, but occasionally I was requested to traverse the university to deliver or acquire packages. The flexible work schedule was great for appointments or other emergencies, but the lack of hours given doesn't make up for that benefit. Employment opportunities only last during the fall and spring as well, making this unavailable for a long term career. Overall, the experience was great and highly educational for a clerical atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, Limited employment
Bethel is a numbers based environment and can be stressful
Undergraduate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Difficult to recruit in hostile environment.
Flexible environment to work in.
Highly numbers based and not a lot to go on.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hostile
Food Service Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 16, 2015
full time manager of the daily grind did cooking and making coffees ordering from vendors making deposits setting up cash register weekly scheduling of the employees woek shifts the most enjoyable was meeting new customers and the students enjoyed the type of work i did I had a great crew to work with. At times the day would get hectic, I just smile and push thru
Great work place.
Building Services Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 20, 2015
Very warm and welcoming work place. Hardest part of the job was making sure that multiple events were covered and maintained.
I enjoyed the day to day operations, being responsible for a large staff that work around the clock to help each and every day a clean, maintained work place for the rest of the academic community of approximately 5000 people.
Pros
Being able to work with the amazing staff that I have.
Cons
The last minute requests that happen on a regular basis although we step up and get them done, can be stressful and at times overwhelming for the staff.
Great Opprtunity
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga,TNJuly 21, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with the faculty and students at Bethel. The learning has gone both ways. Support from the staff was always available. Lesson guides were full and interesting.
Pros
Support
Cons
Materials sometimes are lacking
Roller Coaster
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMay 18, 2015
Bad experience for me. The management has improved but the previous team almost put the university under. Typical small town mindset and typical college environment. If you are a professor you will make ok money. Otherwise, you might want to get on a budget before hand.
Bethel University Review
NAIA-Asst Defense Coach-Cornerbacks (GA) (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNFebruary 22, 2015
My day begins with a 5 am defensive coaching meeting, then a 6 am special teams meeting. Next, we have our strength program from 7 to 9 am. Breakfast, then 10:30 am defense coaching meeting, film breakdown, scouting report. Lunch, then all coaches meeting at 2 pm. Team practice from 3 until 5:30 pm. Then team laundry on Tuesday and Thursday. I learned how to organize and conduct coaches and team meetings. I learned how to evaluate possible recruits, abilities and character. The hardest part of the job is telling a young man his talent level is just not good enough. The most enjoyable part is when a young man final understands what to do and can do it.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
low salary
A great academic workplace with flexible schedules.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel, MNJuly 8, 2014
I worked with a Psychology teacher in order to help grade assignments, organize his research, make copies for him, and run any errands he needed done. I learned how to work one on one in a job setting and making sure that communication ways stayed open for satisfactory results. I learned how research was done within psychology and how the information had to be organized in order for the results to be found.
Pros
a good look into the work of psychology research.
Cons
not enough hours or hands-on experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Ambassador and Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJanuary 2, 2014
On a typical day I would meet up with the potential student and their parent, introduce myself and take them on an hour long tour of campus. I would then write a note on how well I think the tour went. Two nights out of the week I would call potential students and answer any questions they might have about Bethel and tell them of upcoming events and what they still need to attend Bethel.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not many hours
Good place to work, meeting students (potential and current) and staff
DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL ENROLLMENT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2013
Typical day at work might include designing recruiting brochures, contacts international agents in the field, email correspondence with potential students.
Hardest part of the job assignment was working out of my home, and attending occasional meetings in Nashville.
All my co-workers were exceptional people and highly skilled.
Pros
able to set own schedule
Cons
working with a limited budget
Wonderful!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 2, 2012
It was important and challenging to learn how to balance the priority of undergraduate studies with the necessity of a paycheck for groceries. The Biology laboratory coordinator was the COOLEST guy on the whole campus. The hardest part of the job was balancing it with studying. The most enjoyable part of the job was my boss and the environment in which I got to work.
Pros
my boss was incredibly supportive of me through all the stuggles of my academics.
Cons
i was willing to work more hours, but there wasn't always work as they needed to spread the work amongst many students.
The people here at Bethel are like nowhere else. Every school has classes and dorms, but not every school has such great people to fill them. Anyone w
Instructor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TN and Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2012
As a small Christian liberal arts university, Bethel offered a unique opportunity to be a part of a rich, diverse heritage, an exciting, challenging course of study and a hopeful future. Work at Bethel was complex yet challenging. Classroom seminars were fun teaching, yet the most rewarding was learning from the student.
Pros
the pros of employment with bethel were the flexible hours and the ability to educated students.
Cons
the daily travel distance to and from locations.

4.2