Bethesda Health Group Employee Reviews

did like the work place
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2017
When they change the management and letting go of some people that they didn't think will work well with the company. I decided to move on and look for something that i will be happy.
Pros
Non-profit
Cons
The management and the staffs
Loved my residents but management was horrible. Mandatory overtime required. Low pay
WELLNESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 13, 2017
Very un organized. Mandatory overtime required. The job itself is not bad at all however the mandatory overtime was getting out of hand. The pay is also very low for the work that you have to do.
A good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alton illMarch 17, 2017
Bethesda is a good place to work . They offer a competitive salary. They offer good career advancement opportunities and good healthcare, dental, and retirement plans.
Nice Place to work
Wellness Partner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be me getting up every hour to check on my client throughout the night, help use the restroom if and as needed. I learned a lot from my clients lives. Management was ok sometimes impartial. Workplace culture was good. Hardest part of my job was when i lost a client. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients.
Pros
overnight shift
Cons
tuition reimbursment
Oppurtunity to work 1-on-1 with residents
Nutritional Server (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MODecember 16, 2016
Bethesda serves an important role in the elderly community. The assisted living facilities are friendly and put the focus on it's residents. A good company for giving back to it's community and employees including bonuses at the end of the year.
Pros
working with elderly
Cons
not a long-term job unless you were to advance
Can get full time work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 3, 2016
Has many job openings and staff is nice. Tuition reimbursement, will get plenty of experience working here. A good place to start if looking for your first nursing job.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short staffed
Good place to work with good benefits.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOOctober 19, 2016
Amazing benefits for full-time employees. But the pay is poor. Staff pay is low, but they contract staffing agencies at $10+ what they pay regular staff. Agency nurses and CNAs are in the building daily, sometimes doing doubles, even overtime. Job was very easy. Employees eat free as long as they eat with a resident. The main thing that I didn't like, was that there was no discipline for call-ins, which made staff jump around in the middle of shift, which leaves a lot of tasks incomplete.
Pros
benefits, food, enviornment
Cons
pay
Great job, Great residents, Horrible Director and staffing
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, MOAugust 12, 2016
The residents are wonderful, usually, some are a little challenging which would be perfectly ok if the Director of south gate would schedule enough nursing staff and allow a tolerable budget for all other departments, The managers are basically worried about their bonuses rather than staffing. the front of the building is constantly short and the back of the building doesn't get enough staff support . the food is the most disgusting thing i have ever seen in any nursing home or care facility . Ive heard others compare it to pig slop .the staff in the kitchen are slow, unorganized, and incompetent. Half the time i have no clue what they are serving. The soup looks like jello and they put fruit on the meats. yuck.
Pros
its a job
Cons
barely get breaks, low pay, high priced benefits, they ALLOW ANYONE to come here even those who need psychiatric care, low employee moral, cheap bosses
Account Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2015
I really enjoy working for Bethesda Health Group. The job was very challenging and my staff and Upper Management was very supportive. Also the company believed in educating their staff to further their capabilities, knowledge and skills. My management skills has really enhance through the years of working there.

As the company began to grow with new technology that mean that some processes and positions were eliminated.
Pros
Education and Off Campus Training
NonProfit
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
Largest senior care organization in St Louis. Nonprofit. Skilled, Assisted, Senior Apartments, LTC, Rehab. Many facilities. Used to own a hospital in the area as well
They are very customer driven and offer a good quality of life
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
The management really values resident satisfaction and all goals and direction are to enhance every residents experience as they continue to age in place.
No sense of community for employees
hospice (Former Employee) –  HospiceApril 25, 2015
I worked at Bethesda Hospice. The management does not listen or help with problem solving. The work load is higher than average for a hospice employee. For a company that has been in the "Top Companies" to work for in St. Louis, they don't treat anyone but the managers and executives well. The only enjoyable part of the job was spending time with patient's and their family members.
Great place to work, great people in management, clean and friendly environment and ultimately set goals for the elderly to live comfortably.
CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2015
Enjoyed working with the staff as well as the residents. Worked one on one with patients, taking vitals, developing a trusting and respectful relationship with the patients. Always learning something new in the medical field as well as patients with long term illness. Assisted co-workers when needed in 2 person care of someone and ultimately knowing I'm needed and appreciated for the care I've given them.
Pros
Great benefits, good people to work with
Good job to start off at
Certified Nurse Aide/Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 4, 2014
Cared for the Elderly, by working together. Good Job to be at.
Fast pace
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
 Completed MDS assessments on residents, completed social history reports, and participated in care plan meetings.
ok place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOFebruary 12, 2014
Work with patients who are in the facility to get rehab. Cleaning, feeding, bathing, transfer, therapy, hygiene, activites
Pros
job
Cons
Valuable knowledge gained while employed here thru the management training.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2013
Loved the job, interacting with employees,patients and their families; loved seeing emplyee growth thru education I was able to give them.
Pros
Improving daily life of the residents
Cons
Hours were difficult; pay was poor
I loved this job
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJuly 17, 2013
I loved every bit of this job. I was very versatile from helping residents with complaints to helping the director. I worked with many departments and was always willing to help any one. I did credentialing for the doctors, spreadsheet applications, mass mailings, answering phones, taking meeting minutes, arranging activities, just overall everything.
Great place
Maintenance technician and repair man (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO June 13, 2013
Great place to work and has a tremendous management team. No work day is ever the same so its great if you get bored with repetition. You work on plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and other general maintenance. Most of the work is done on commercial equipment but they also have condos that give you residential challenges and skills.
Fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2013
Fast paced work with little time to do all of the work required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethesda Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9