Bethesda Health Employee Reviews

Overall great facility to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 16, 2017
First thing is getting a report on the previous shift.
The hardest part of this job was leaving when the shift was over.
The most enjoyable part is helping patients in their time of need, whether it is to call on a doctor or just giving them a few minutes of my time so they can talk.
Pros
Helping coworkers and patients
Cons
Ending my shift
Best workplace in Palm Beach County
ER Patient Registrar III (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 8, 2017
Best workplace to work at. Treated fairly and honestly. All like family. We Appreciate each other . Lots of room for growth. Very honest company. best CEO.
Great coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 2, 2017
I enjoy taking care of my patients. The nurses in the department that I work,work as a team. Staff is very supportive of each other. I work with great therapists as well
Good, solid, work environment.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 18, 2017
Bethesda Health can provide a good, steady, stable work environment for healthcare professionals. For the most part, people are willing to work with you to make things better and are always looking to improve patient/employee satisfaction.
Pros
benefits, child care, cafeteria, security
Cons
short staffed, pay tends to be below avg.
Enjoyed staff and assisting pt needs
Cashier/Customer Service, Server, Stock (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 7, 2017
I was the cashier for primary Terrance Cafe at the hospital.Also to include prepare opening, maintaining stock and cleanliness of cafeteria. Taking orders and delivering of patients meals and some assistance of personal needs in regards to dietary. As well as assist with maintaining kitchen area and stock. Enjoyed the interaction with staff, costumers, and patients. The most difficult part of the job was there only lateral positions to advance and no real opportunities to increase salary for that position.
Pros
Benefits and PTO and relations with other employees
Cons
was limited financially
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 29, 2017
I worked graveyard shift on the security team, ensuring safety of the hospital, it's employees & guests. Interaction with the people there was the most rewarding experience.
Fair environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 20, 2017
I enjoy working at Bethesda. For the pass 10 years Bethesda being my home away from home. I don't have much to complain about. I just wish the pay wàs better
Managment has a bad case of elitism
IS Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 14, 2017
In the I.T. department the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The department V.P. and CIO (who is widely known by the nickname "Sybil") sits on her high iron throne. She has created an environment of revolving door of I.T directors and supervisors that never make it past the 1 year mark because of Sybil. Workers get treated like dirt. I guess middle management does also, as evidenced by the previously mentioned revolving door. Raises and benefits suck.
Pros
you get to make a difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Management does not care about the litte guy.
Could be a great organization but is limited due to management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 18, 2017
Worked here for almost 2 years and nothing changed. From the moment you walk in the door you are told "that is the Bethesda way" or "good luck changing things." One positive was the people that are really in the trenches. They do care and want to make a difference but can't because of management. The IT department is terrible. They have no support. The East campus isn't even wireless so any new technology isn't even going to work. Not sure what progress the Information Officer really has made. Employees don't even all have email, the EMR is outdated, Microsoft office 2007, old programs, etc. hardly anything is electronic. If it is, it still will have some kind of manual process. don't even get me started on the care logistics system. Worst investment ever. Things worked better with patient flow before they got that system. At least people knew what was going on with patients and weren't relying on the "HUB." The HR department was ran by the same people it has been for 20+ years. They don't want to change and they intercept anyone who tries to make any positive changes. We never saw results from an employee feedback survey much less any improvements made. The executive team is really caught in the past and not willing to make any changes either. They've all been there for 10-15+ years. Majority of them aren't approachable and the rest want to micromanage. They really don't know what goes on day to day. They are worried about dollars and that is pretty much it. Oh and doctors... they let the doctors pretty much do and say whatever they want. If they were focused more on quality,  more... staffing, and actual patient care those dollars would probably make themselves up. Best advice is to get some experience and then get out of there.  less
Pros
Coworkers are great, food is decent, Dunkin Donuts, there are some individuals who want to make a difference, employees can park in the garage
Cons
Benefits, professional development, career advancement, management, paid time off, lack of technology, old policies, outdated systems, respect of doctors
great place to work
Parmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, my coworkers were good, pay was very low. The work load was good. Benefits were ok. I did learn a lot and would recommend this place for new techs.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
Fun, employee friendly, new opportunities and educational
CVICU RN (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 11, 2017
Had a great time the 6 years I worked at Bethesda heart institute, in various areas like Cvicu, Cathy lab recovery, and cardiac step down. Bethesda helped me become a strong and Confident cardiac nurse
Pros
Brand new state of the art setting, good benefit s, well staffed
Cons
Non
Steady Employment
Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Eaast HospitalMarch 4, 2017
Not much for advancement. Too much politics and people in positions that don't know how to handle employees. Too many bosses not enough sincere workers. Can't hold on to those persons who really want to do a job properly. Constantly worried about hours because they only believe in per diem help at low pay without benefits.
Not a career employer.
Much more sophisticated and caring employees at the West Hospital than the East Hospital.
Bottom line.......be prepared to leave after some experience is gained.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Not a place to build a real career
fun place to work, not enough pay
Health Unit Coord./Medical Assistant- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2017
I worked here for over 13 yrs. I had a great time and made some life long friends. However, I was stuck in the same position for years and unless I furthered my education, there was no chance of advancement. I left to make more money working in a doctor's office.
Pros
Administration recognized their employees
Cons
not enough money
great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2017
learned something everyday. everyday was a challenge to the brain. hardest part of job was losing a patient. very rewarding to help patients get back their health as much as possible
Pros
great coworkers
Great working environment
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2017
The employees have welcomed me, the environment in upbeat, positive, learning environment, very professional, have the opportunity to have an input on the learning process and job functions
It's a hospital
Patient Care Assistant (Pediatrics) (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2017
You can gain a lot of experience throughout the different floors. You get to interact with a variety of people. The patients are good but the families were horrible.
Pros
blue cards equaled free meal, good food options for staff
Cons
prejudice directors
volunteer
ER assistant (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work involves working in the ER, making the beds, filling the supplies, etc. I am a volunteer therefore i do not have a lot of responsibility but it is a great place.
Pros
working with all kinds of healthcare providers.
Cons
being at the bottom of the food chain
Laboratory is nice and most of the superviors are very helpful
Generalist/Chemistry/Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 30, 2016
Enjoyed my work experience here. However, there is a high turnover rate in Laboratory and Hospital. I would prefer a more inclusive employee atmosphere.
Pros
worked with good co-workers
Cons
Not a particularly employee friendly environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 18, 2016
A hospital with opportunity for advancement. Make sure you always do the best that you can plus the extra mile. Management support available when needed.
OK place to work
Medical Assistant/ Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
Ok place to work, management sucks , pay is not good at all and no benefits.But the good thing about it is just that i like my coworkers.
Pros
I like my coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, pay is not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethesda Health. Our community is ready to answer.