Bethesda Lutheran Communities

Bethesda Lutheran Communities Employee Reviews

All about the money
former employee (Former Employee), Porterville, CAApril 27, 2015
The company used to be be good when it was about the individuals. The upper management is all about the money. The individuals don't get the care they deserve because of the lack of staff. 1-1 hours aren't being met, individuals are not properly placed in the appropriate homes, staff turn over is through the roof, the area director is fire happy, the QDDP's aren't hands on with the individuals, they are in experienced in working with this population.
IT internship
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Watertown, WIApril 26, 2015
My IT internship was pretty good. I worked with professional people that are dedicated to their jobs. Everyone was very nice and helpful during my internship. I also learned a lot.
Productive Workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Cypress, TXApril 3, 2015
Cons: Management
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work and help out individuals with disabilities. I have learned a lot of patience and understanding.
Making a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
LeaD dsp (Current Employee), West Allis, WIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: high staff turnover
Helping these individuals to have a meaningful , happy, healthy, fulfilled life. Making conections that last a lifetime.
High turnover rate
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: no breaks
The hardest part of this job was becoming attached to my clients and then having to transfer to a new house with all new clients.
Fun job with great employees
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: increasing job responsibility
Cons: hourly pay
A typical day at work includes taking care of the individuals that live in the house. Making supper and doing an outing in the community. The hardest part of this job is just having the patience to complete the daily tasks needed
Bethesda
LPN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 31, 2014
Work with DD, ID, Mental/Behavioral Health. Organize and Prioritize Plan of Care. Provide all levels of patient care. Administer Medications, Oral/Rectal/IM/Sub Q/Intradermal and observe for side effects. Perform complex wound care and dressing changes. Insert various types of catheters. Assist with and promote rehabilitation techniques. Perform Tracheotomy Care/Colostomy Care. Perform Finger sticks/Insulin Administration/Sliding Scale. Educate patients, family members, and CNA’s. Report changes in patients’ conditions and other matters of concern requiring prompt attention to RN and/or Physician
Challenging yet rewarding
Corporate Director of Strategy (Current Employee), WisconsinDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers and mission.
Cons: some positions require a fair amount of travel
Plenty of room for advancement if you are a dedicated, results-driven performer.
BLC: The nurse grinder
LPN (Former Employee), Littleton, CONovember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Terrible place for a nurse to work during my time with this company. Constant turnover of management and an ambiguous job description that would change at any given time to suit the needs of upper management. It's a shame this particular Liittleton office seemed to be pretending it was running on Christian values which couldn't have been further from the truth. It's purpose to provide intensive supported living to developmentally disabled adults was a cruel joke on so many levels. Cruelest of all it lowered the standards of care to some really great folks to further its own twisted money driven agendas. Throwing nurses under the bus to take the blame for poor management decisions that threatened their licensing with the state was a common practice.
In house staff very caring and respectful with clients, felt good to be there
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Redding, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: able to arrange own hours
Cons: as new employee, needing more hands on orientation with computer program
Logging in to commuter for updates entered on recent condition changes of clients
Inputting any medical/ lab reports/progress notes into commuter
Updating any incident reports.
Monitoring medication supplies
Working independently with little supervision
The hardest part of the job was learning the commuter program with small amount of assistance offered.
The most enjoyable was getting it right with the commuter program
Great company minus Office politics
DSP (Current Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 1, 2014
I love the individuals and the company in general but this is not the place for you if you can't stand catty attitudes from upper management for no reason and NO Holiday pay or raises.
good
LPN (Current Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 14, 2014
good place and like the opportunity to work there. Learned additional nursing skills.
Was a caring and supportive long term health facility for those with developmental disabilities.
LPN (Current Employee), Watertown WIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: building a strong relationship with the clients
Cons: the facility is closing and moving all the clients into community group homes.
N/A
Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 25, 2014
Okay, for the most part. Communication and pay could be better.
Bethesda is the worse place for a nurse..
LPN (Current Employee), Englewood, COAugust 17, 2014
My nursing friends and I worked for Bethesda for 4 years. A few years back Mark, the area director decided to try to blame the nurses for something that he did not do with the state, and even attempted to take our nursing licenses. Once we told the truth, and the state got wind of it, they came back on Mark, as trying to scape goat the nurses into something Bethesda did not do...as we have gone on, one of my best nursing friends as since passed away... her husband swears due to the stress and pain Mark caused us....please stay away from this company, Mark does not care.... the love and devotion you give to the beautiful souls you are blessed to care for will always stay, but pulled right out from you in order for Mark to save himself....God bless my sweet friend, that will always stay deep in our hearts....I miss you.... ...
The residents are great
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 2, 2014
The residents at this facility are great! The upper management team on the other hand are real jerks!
a fun and rewarding work environment
Assist residents in all areas of daily living ie (Current Employee), Clovis, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: no certification as a direct support professional. no holiday pay
Bethesda Lutheran Communities is a very rewarding place to work if you are fit for this job and take advantage of the true experience. I have learned many skills that may be very beneficial to for those who wish to continue in the health care field. Skills that are helpful at BLC are the ability to administer medications by following the 6 rights, the ability to take blood pressure, glucose, weights and vitals. Management is helpful and willing to assist when needed.This job is only difficult if you are not interested in helping individuals to have a productive day.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are getting paid to fulfill the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities by creating a positive environment.
Great company to work for
DSP (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 26, 2014
I loved working for this company, however it was difficult not having to find my own coverage for time off.
Great Experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Cypress, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: taking patients out in the communities.
Cons: no breaks
I have an overall great experience in working with this company. The Company taught me many things to further my career.
Great, Christian non-profit organization
Human Resources Assistant and Recruiter (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 17, 2014
Everyone works together as a team. There is no micro-managing.

1 2 3 4