Bethesda Southgate Employee Reviews

Insane activity director
Activity assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, MOMay 9, 2017
I worked at Southgate over a year.. loved my actual job. Loved my seniors.. and even most my co-workers.
However , the activity director is not Only bi-polar , but manipulative, narcissistic, jealous, controlling and the queen of micro managing. She makes the environment toxic, drags down moral and literally sucks the happiness out of the air.. I am the fifth person she drove away, she has pushed out nurses, volunteers and even family members. I can't believe someone so wishy washy and petty is in a position of power.
Pros
Great participants and family members
Cons
No breaks, no overtime, no real raises, micro management
Very short
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, MOJanuary 29, 2017
The staffing is very inadequate. It is almost guaranteed that you will be working short, whether it be a nurse or aide or multiple nurses or multiple aides. Management certainly is not what it used to be.
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed and management
Excellent place to start a career.
PRN CMT (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJuly 20, 2016
the job culture at south gate was mind blowing and heart felt. I learned a lot about other cultures and how to working with different cultures too.
A great and fun place to work
Asst Patients cope w/ transition from hosp (Former Employee) –  Telagraph rd. st. louis Mo.April 15, 2015
My day at work always starts with a report,then I do rounds on patients,do vitals,pass ice and linen.Iam a team player and believe in good customer service. The hardest part of my job is dealing with confused patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the patients face and making them happy.
CNA/EMT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Lots of help, nice people, and great pay
management is nice
every co worker is helpful
the work load is very light
everyone laughs and has a good time
a typical day
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saint louis, MissouriMay 28, 2014
I walk in and sign my name on the sign in sheet and go find the activities director and help her set up the activity of the day in the dining room and go to each neighborhood and find residents that would like to participate and be transported to the activity when the activity is over I return them to any place they're wanted or wanting to go at the moment then I will transport them and wave goodbye and tell them see you next time.
Pros
kindness, cleaniness, respectful workers
Cons
Retirement home for the elderly
Licience Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2013
I would go in the am, assess my patients(residents), pass medications as needed, talk to medical doctors as needed about patients status changed and reciev orders.I've learned to be respect-able toward my patients.
Pros
i meet lots of interesting people.
Cons
not interested in long term care
Fun Place to work working with people and giving great customer service.
Resident Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2012
Helping the nursing staff, doing the admissions when the resident came in,also did tours to the fauclity. Doing inventory on the supplys that the nurses use, learned alot about health care and taking care of the older people and trying help them feel better. The co worker are great working as a team is the best way6 to work and thats how we work. Got along and had fun while working made the go by fast but when its time to work the work was always done. The hardest part of the job is when the resident dies and being there for the family. The most important part of the job is to take care of your residents and the family in anything that they need.
Review
LPN, Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2012
I worked forthem a very long time and they where organized and caring about staff and the residents. I learner many new skills and we had a good management team.
Pros
good work enviroment
Interesting and hard work
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriJuly 31, 2012
Enjoyed working with a lot of different people both employees and senior citizens. Learn a lot about washing and drying linen and personal cloths. Using a computer for tests for safety procedures was informative towards my work environment. Loading the washers was the hardest part of the job besides maintaining cleanness by using latex gloves.
Pros
lunch was available for payroll deduction.
Cons
had to work in soil areas.