Bethpage Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 4, 2017
Great, friendly staff. The salary is average, however you get great benefits and one of the best 401k rates I have experienced. While it does get busy and Saturday work days are mandatory, it is a great way to gain some financial experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be inflexible with time off
Work there for 2 years very happy with call center environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY 11714June 16, 2017
Call center environment was a joy to work with until moving to Linthicum MD. Management was one if the best i ever work with. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Pleasant and knowledgeable environment.
Cons
Time in NY call center office was to short.
Friendly, family environment
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER (CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
Everyone makes you feel like they know you well and are welcoming.
Management is supportive and encourages innovation and is open to new ideas.
They need to expand their support staff.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 17, 2017
Coworkers are always helpful and enjoyable to work with. No issues with overall experience through many years of working at Bethpage FCU. Typically promote individuals from within the organization.
Great place to work most people are hard working and respectful, my manager is very hard working as long as we do our job there is no micro manage.
Whole sales mortgage processor (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 9, 2017
temp employee I wish I could of be perm. No opening except for tellers, learned a new system. culture is great. no hard part of job just read your documents and you will get it. The system is fairly easy to explore. Watch those buttons.
Pros
Do your job and you won't be micro-managed and respected.
Cons
No chances for working in NY they hire within.
Productive and happy workplace
Commercial Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 1, 2017
Great management and teams to work with. Very friendly people and customers always willing to help one another. Great rates as well. Holidays off are a plus.
Pros
Free lunches
great company to be working in
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYApril 22, 2017
the company treats their employers very fairly. its a very fast paced environment, but very balanced because everyone is always willing to help. teamwork is very important in that company.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYApril 22, 2017
I worked at Bethpage as volunteer for this semester and I really enjoyed working with those people. They are so nice. I haven't take any tax class yet, but they are so patient and trust me. I wish I can work more time there.
Pros
learning tax, have hands on experience
Cons
too short
Productive and comfortable work place
Commercial Real Estate Lending (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 29, 2017
The environment is open between co-workers. The co-workers get along very well and are able to become friends. Work gets done and is always thoroughly complete by deadlines.
Pros
Sport Activities with co-workers after work, lunches paid for during celebrations (often)
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 7, 2017
I have devoted the past 5 years to Bethpage Federal Credit Union, and I enjoyed everyday. All of my co-workers played a part in my success in the company. I have developed my sills in every position I held with the company and I continue to learn and develop in my current positions. I love the people I work with and I love being able to help the members we serve. Bethpage truly does care about what their employees care about and what their customers care about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
Very good work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 11, 2016
BFCU was one of the best places I could have ever worked after graduating from college. Everyone was very friendly and acted professionally with their business and departments. Management was excellent and gave you a real sense of pride in your work. It was a very pleasant experience.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, left to your own work and tasks.
Cons
Wish I could've stayed longer
A fast growing company with a good work atmosphere.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Completed all customer transactions including withdrawals, deposits, transfers, payments, check cashing, etc.

Recorded night and mail deposits

Sold cashier's checks, travelers checks and series E Bonds

Received loan payments
productive and efficient office
Teller (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 22, 2016
Working at this office I was able to grow with knowledge. This is why I decided to go back into the medical field. It was very productive and efficient office. At first it was a lot to learn but over the time period I was able to multi task and be able to help assist in bringing the patient heating pads and making sure they were comfortable.Co workers were a joy to work with and willing to teach. The hardest part of my day was leaving to go home after a hard working day. Most enjoyable part was seeing patients feeling better about there day leaving the office with such a welcoming feeling.
Fast growing company
Administrative Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a great group of people. Excellent benefits! The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours -- too hard on the eyes, arms, hands and shoulders.
Excellent company to work for!
Home Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 28, 2016
I am proud to say that I work for such a great company. Since I started 8 years ago, a lot has changed for the better and it keeps on getting better. I’m glad that I was able to be here through all the positive changes that took place. I started with the company as a full time teller and I was quickly promoted to a head teller. I opened two new branches and worked with many great employees. I then returned to the main branch in Bethpage as a loan and service representative (LMS). I was then quickly promoted to a LMS II representative. In my newest role, as a Home Lending Specialist, I can honestly say this is where I belong. I have learned so much over the years and I have finally found my passion. I look forward to experiencing many more opportunities here at Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
Pros
Excellent 401K plan, compensations, bonus (power pay)
Cons
nothing other than the usual, everyone wishes for more pay :)
Career Starter
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 27, 2016
The corporate environment has changed drastically over the past decade. Through expansion there is more opportunity, especially on the front line in branches.

If you want to have a career in the financial industry, Bethpage is a great starting point. The benefits are above average and they do make an effort to be employee friendly. They just don't move quickly with their promises, you have to be patient.
Benefits
Cons
As a non profit the salaries are lower than the larger financial institutions
Amazing place to work
Loan & Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 26, 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of opportunity for advancement. They spend a lot of time and money to train and develop employees.
Pros
Training & benefits
Great Company that Promotes Growth from Within
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYApril 25, 2016
This is a family oriented company that promotes Internal development and growth. it's a service oriented company that will give you self satisfaction in what you do.
Pros
service oriented, community oriented
Great Place to Work
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYApril 23, 2016
I have worked for Bethpage FCU for 2 years now and I can honestly say that Bethpage truly cares about its employees. I came from a smaller credit union that did not really have room for advancement and when I came to Bethpage they reassured me that there would be so much room for advancement and growth within the company. Bethpage makes you feel like you are part of their family. I enjoy helping the members and I enjoy the teamwork between employees. The management is very supportive with learning new tasks and preparing you for any new opportunities that may arise.
Pros
Benefits, Growth, Bonus
Proud To Work For Bethpage
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 22, 2016
Bethpage truly cares about their employees. I come to work and feel valued, which in turn allows me to be the best version of myself and provide great service to our members as well as our fellow co-workers. I feel accomplished when I leave for the day and excited to come to work the next. I am proud to say I work for Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
Pros
Caring Staff, Involved in the Community, Growing Organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethpage Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2