Bethune-Cookman University Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work (security dept)
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
I worked there four months, and I can tell you first hand that it was not a good place to work. As a white male working in the security dept, I felt was true racism is like. You either walk or ride around in a golf cart, and you have to listen to disrespectful student yelling obscenities at you through out the day (not for thin skinned people).

You're constantly micro manage ex through out the day, and if you don't call in something in every 10 minutes, you'll get pulled to the side and spoken to about your activity.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Disrespectful students, staff, racism, and constantly micro managing. Horrible pay and benefits too at 10 hr.
Small and private
Instructor (Full-time Faculty) (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 6, 2017
Everyone knows each other. Could be a great place to work. Need to change the leaders. The administration brings people in instead of using the qualified people there.
Best Experience
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 10, 2017
Bethune Cookman Baseball gave me far more skills than I ever imagined for my career. I would not trade the experience for anything. Leadership, Drive.
Pros
Team Building, Dedication, Leadership
Cons
N/a
great fun and gain a bunch of experience in the marine biology field
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 7, 2017
This is more of an opportunity to gain experience for my desired career of a veterinarian. the job teaches you discipline and proper technique with lab equipment.
Productive place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
A very productive environment with professional people. Management is always ready to support Instructors and Instructors preparing students for the future. The work-place culture is rich with history and community.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
n/a
N/a
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 15, 2017
Working at Bethune-Cookman University was one of the best decisions I made being a student at the institution. As a student leader, I learned many things that I will be able to use in my future.
Pros
Flexible, diverse
Organization/Administration
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 12, 2017
The administration needs to be more involved with the student body and understand the students need to make it possible that all students are content and happy at the institution.
Pros
Student Activities
Cons
Work environment/culture
Wonderful place to grow
Instructor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 11, 2017
If you are just starting out in the workforce and needing to get your feet wet, this is a wonderful way to grow, network and develop professional experience.
Proactive and enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 27, 2017
The faculty and staff are very flexible and reliable. They are also very understanding when it comes to your time. I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Great place to learn
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2017
Bethune-Cookman is a great place to start one's career. I learned many professional lessons there that will always stick with me. Enjoyed the faith-based culture and the attentiveness of the administration to the students.
Pros
Faith-based, family friendly environmnet
Cons
Training for staff is relatively sparse for the work product expected, Nothing remains confidential between co-workers.

Want to know more about Bethune-Cookman University?

Ask a question
Bethune-Cookman
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 20, 2017
Bethune-Cookman University is an amazing place to start your career. If you decide to work for a University with class. The people are friendly and so are the students.
Pros
amazing, and friendly people
Cons
not much room to grow
Aight
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 15, 2017
It was cool. It was a work-study gig so there wasn't to much room for advancement or career based wages. Great work environment though. Flexible place to work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Need better wages
Workplace
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 21, 2016
A Very positive and family oriented environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was observing the growth and progressions of freshmen/transfer students throughout the year. The great Bethune-Cookman University welcomes everyone with open arms.
productive and hard work place
Chemistry Research (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
I contrsuct compounds based on needs for research. After constructing I send them to the hpc@fsu to get results back in order for me to find calculations needed.
It was very different environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 13, 2016
My experience at Bethune-Cookman University was a very interesting one. However, I did like the department and team that I worked with.
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 23, 2016
Great University to work for. Great people to work with. Family oriented. The hardest part is balancing out school and working as an employee. The most enjoyable parts are the students.
Working at the Financial Aid office
Work Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at work is usually filing documents and helping students with loans. I learned how to verify students, how to upload documents so the can be filed electronically. My co-workers were my classmates excluding the advisors. The hardest part time of job is sometimes remembering all the information to properly file paper work. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping other students complete all of their paper work to make sure they get the funds they need to cover their tuition.
Pros
elected for scholarships & i'm able to help others complete important paperwork
Cons
Remembering all the small details
Productivity or Not
Manager of Telecommunications and Cabling Systems (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Typical day consist of completing work orders submitted by faculty, staff and students. Depending on the time of year this task can be loaded with moves, adds, and changes really difficult to keep pace with short CIT Staff. If the staff was crossed trained, multiple troubles can be cleared by one technician.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Work overload for IT staff
Hands on
Counseling Center Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 30, 2015
Great place for an internship or working while still in school. The assistant director is amazing and very caring. Provide you with anything you need to build your resume and also gives back advise for future jobs in your major.
Great atmosphere with fun people.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 20, 2015
Great work place overall with very understanding management. Job was very simple and they really enjoyed my help. The best part of my job was working with like-minded people that understood me. After a while, things started to get a little weird within the office, as far as, pay and management issues. Each day was the same, which I don't mind, it allowed for me to really focus on work and get things done.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Short Breaks