Bethune-Cookman University

Bethune-Cookman University Employer Reviews

Great place to be! Great food and exciting experience.
Social Media Representative [Facebook, Twitter] (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
I really loved working for this department. Doing any and everything I was asked to do. I found myself striving for excellence that I was moved to Student Lead. The people even made the job easier by helping as much as possible but I like to carry my own weight.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 28, 2014
I would take care of the students as they came in the office to ask questions. I enjoyed working with the deans and answering the phone calls. I was on time and I learned to be more organized.
Awesome entry level administrative position in higher education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 23, 2014
I honed my administration skills within this position. I developed excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills as well. I also learned how to draft emails and memo to be distributed to students and faculty members within the department of communications and how to plan and coordinate department meetings, events, and conferences.
Great experience
Lab Technician/Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 1, 2014
The atmosphere in the lab was really calm. The responsibility of the technician was fun. I got to enact one on one with fellow classmates and be involved in school and work at the same time.
Great working environment
(Student Technical Assistant Team) Technician (Former Employee), Daytona BeachOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great atomsphere
Good friendly co-workers
Good Benefits
Moderate pace
Overly Proud Unprofessional Environment
former employee, Admin. Asst. (Former Employee), DaytonaSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, lunch
Cons: unprofessional, unfriendly faculty
Working in an educational environment is great, unless you work with gossipy, condescending employees. The janitors, security, and maintenance employees are underpaid/underappreciated. The women are two faced and the men are perverts. I actually had high expectations for this environment.
Demanding but enriching
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2013
My employer was very demanding. Through various tasks I was made a sharper employee.
Lending a Helping Hand
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaAugust 31, 2013
I worked here as a teacher's aide. It was a wonderful experience that allowed me to learn and help my fellow students. I was a student at the time I was working, and I loved being able to offer my knowledge to the students in my major department. The best part was being able to offer tutorial assistance. There wasn't a bad part. I absolutely LOVED it!
Awesome job to have to gain experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 2, 2013
great to meet new people on campus and to be able to help them out! management and co-workers are easy to get along with.
Fast paced working environment
Graduate Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 28, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling, casual working environment
Fast paced working environment that allowed me the opportunity to learn and perfect the entire operations of the Women's Basketball program at Bethune-Cookman University.
Great school
Residential Living Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2013
I learned alot from my institution. I learned to work with others and event planning.
Professional Atmosphere
Financial Aid Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaMay 13, 2013
processing invoices
processing travel info for employees
Need improvement in some areas
work study assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 16, 2012
The school would be more successful if they could just branch out a little more when it comes to sponsorship. Getting more vendors to contribute would assist our school with funding.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Information Technology Support Technician (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 29, 2012
Pros: the environment
Cons: sometimes weekend work, but it paid off in the end.
the ability to learn something new everyday and not wonder if their was ever going to be a dull moment. The people that i worked with i enjoyed each and every last one of them and so they shall say the same about me.
The best boss ever!
Administrative Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 23, 2012
Pros: music, great working environment
I would come in the office to donuts, coffee, and juice. Login the computer and check my emails, which contained the daily agendas. Complete work and the rest of the day stock office supplies, and tidy up office.

February 4, 2013

Hours are long and officers are way under paid. The shifts are short officers so therefore the officers that are on the payroll are worked like they are machines instead of people with feeling and families. Also the management is the worst that I have ever come in contact with. They take all the money from the budget and spread it among their friends. A place you do not want to work at. They have lost over sixty officers in less than three years they been in existance. Officers quit all the time because of the way they are treated.

About Bethune-Cookman University

Clarinetist Phillip O. Paglialonga, currently serves on the faculty of Virginia Tech. He did his undergraduate study at DePaul – Read more