Bethune-Cookman University Employee Reviews in United States

It was very different environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 13, 2016
My experience at Bethune-Cookman University was a very interesting one. However, I did like the department and team that I worked with.
Working at the Financial Aid office
Work Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at work is usually filing documents and helping students with loans. I learned how to verify students, how to upload documents so the can be filed electronically. My co-workers were my classmates excluding the advisors. The hardest part time of job is sometimes remembering all the information to properly file paper work. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping other students complete all of their paper work to make sure they get the funds they need to cover their tuition.
Pros
elected for scholarships & i'm able to help others complete important paperwork
Cons
Remembering all the small details
Productivity or Not
Manager of Telecommunications and Cabling Systems (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Typical day consist of completing work orders submitted by faculty, staff and students. Depending on the time of year this task can be loaded with moves, adds, and changes really difficult to keep pace with short CIT Staff. If the staff was crossed trained, multiple troubles can be cleared by one technician.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Work overload for IT staff
Hands on
Counseling Center Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 30, 2015
Great place for an internship or working while still in school. The assistant director is amazing and very caring. Provide you with anything you need to build your resume and also gives back advise for future jobs in your major.
Great atmosphere with fun people.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 20, 2015
Great work place overall with very understanding management. Job was very simple and they really enjoyed my help. The best part of my job was working with like-minded people that understood me. After a while, things started to get a little weird within the office, as far as, pay and management issues. Each day was the same, which I don't mind, it allowed for me to really focus on work and get things done.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work.
Assistant Dormitory Director (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Great experience. Staff was close and dedicated to the job. I only left for advancement. I would always recommend to anyone.
This was a wonderful place to work. Did a lot of walking but it kept you in shape.
Securtiy officer (Former Employee) –  Public SafetyAugust 12, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The staff was very professional and wonderful to work with. You learned how to network with others. Everyone there was on the same page with the same goal in mind and that was Customer Care.
Ok
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Daytona BeachJuly 13, 2015
It is OK. Atmosphere is OK. Daytona is a nice city to work in, not too congested. Every person is different so what appeals to me might not appeal to you and visa versa.
Friendly and relaxed work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 29, 2015
My duties as an office assistant for Dr. Holston included filing paperwork, grading papers, answering phones and running necessary errands. Dr. Holston was a great boss, she was very understanding, approachable and flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Student Assistant- Performing Arts Center (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
This job allows me to get more experience in my craft. I am able to get training in areas other than acting and I am always on my feet. Many opportunities came about working in this position such as being introduced to Jo Marie Payton and being allowed to be the leading role in her one woman show. All of my co workers make it a loving and fun environment at all times. The hardest part of my job is set the stage for other performance that the Performing Arts Center may have. However, the best thing is seeing the end product of a successful show.
Extremly fun; Love working with students.
Teacher's Assistant/ Work Study (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes, some of the university students coming to the writing lab seek assistance with work. For instance I assist students with their essays, power points, and math homework. I've learned how to interact with individuals who are close in age with me along with older individuals. I've adapted to the way each individual learns, and what teaching method suits them best. My management is extremely helpful and open when it comes to our school life. My co-workers are all great, and we all have great communication and are extremely close. The most enjoyable part of the job is just coming in to a workplace where everyone can laugh and get along with one another.
Productive workplace
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach FloridaMarch 12, 2015
Typical day at work was good; I learned about different cultures and backgrounds living in one residential facility; co workers and I got alone very well
Productive place to work...your greatest reward are the students!
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
The great Bethune Cookman University is a wonderful place to work. It is ideal for a beginner's career or for an individual who is set at an identified pace. I work in one of the most amazing, though draining divisions on campus: Student Development and Academic Integration. There is absolutely nothing like connecting to these outstanding students and making a difference in their lives throughout their college matriculation. My work days are often very long, but I love being apart of this administration team because we work hard and we work well! My VP is a task master, yet equally concerned about her employees' TOTAL well-being. She empowers you to function at your absolute best and highest. My co-workers are encouraging and they understand the power of team-work.
A very good job, had in awesome experience, but it is time for me to go further in my career.
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
Great place to be! Great food and exciting experience.
Social Media Representative [Facebook, Twitter] (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 5, 2014
I really loved working for this department. Doing any and everything I was asked to do. I found myself striving for excellence that I was moved to Student Lead. The people even made the job easier by helping as much as possible but I like to carry my own weight.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 28, 2014
I would take care of the students as they came in the office to ask questions. I enjoyed working with the deans and answering the phone calls. I was on time and I learned to be more organized.
Awesome entry level administrative position in higher education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 23, 2014
I honed my administration skills within this position. I developed excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills as well. I also learned how to draft emails and memo to be distributed to students and faculty members within the department of communications and how to plan and coordinate department meetings, events, and conferences.
Great experience
Lab Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 1, 2014
The atmosphere in the lab was really calm. The responsibility of the technician was fun. I got to enact one on one with fellow classmates and be involved in school and work at the same time.
Great working environment
(Student Technical Assistant Team) Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona BeachOctober 20, 2013
Great atomsphere
Good friendly co-workers
Good Benefits
Moderate pace
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Overly Proud Unprofessional Environment
former employee, Admin. Asst. (Former Employee) –  DaytonaSeptember 20, 2013
Working in an educational environment is great, unless you work with gossipy, condescending employees. The janitors, security, and maintenance employees are underpaid/underappreciated. The women are two faced and the men are perverts. I actually had high expectations for this environment.
Pros
benefits, lunch
Cons
unprofessional, unfriendly faculty

4.4