Better Business Bureau (BBB) is the leader in advancing marketplace trust, and is an unbiased non-profit organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business/charity behavior. Businesses and charities that earn BBB Accreditation contractually agree and adhere to the organization’s high standards. BBB provides objective advice, free business BBB Reliability Reports and charity BBB Wise Giving Reports, and educational information on topics affecting marketplace trust. To further promote trust, BBB offers complaint and dispute resolution support for consumers and businesses when there is a difference in viewpoints. The organization is also a recognized leader in developing and administering self-regulation programs for the business community.
BBB brand equity is strong – the public trusts BBB to take action and deliver objective advice on a host of contemporary marketplace issues from marketing to children and personal fraud protection, to charity assessment and B2C dispute resolution. While BBB offers a range of products, services and solutions, we do so under one unified, global “BBB” brand. The BBB brand is built on a foundation of creating value by delivering consumers and donors to trustworthy businesses and charities. What BBB provides and promises is more relevant today than ever before. BBB provides consumers and donors confidence in their choices, and businesses and charities pride in their status.
The Vice President - Sales will be a key senior manager in the organization. Reporting to the CEO/President, this individual will be responsible for driving overall sales strategy and growth in all markets served. He/She will serve as a motivator and manager with a keen eye for recruiting and cultivating talent. They will possess outstanding executive presence and negotiation skills, upholding BBB Standards and Business Code of Ethics.
Drive sales growth for Better Business Bureau at growth rate of 15%-20% per year.
Establish action plans with periodic reviews to achieve growth targets - 30, 60, 90, 120 day action plans with monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of results.
Evaluate existing sales plan and evaluate the current sales talent.
Establish clear milestones and metrics for the sales team and institute accountability measures that track performance and reward success.
Identify, hire and train “A Player” talent.
Collaborate with managers in all disciplines within Better Business Bureau and communicate effectively progress to objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in progressively responsible sales leadership roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study
- Minimum achievement of company sales goals in 80% of sales leadership career
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and managing strategic sales resources
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and managing strategic sales accounts
- A great communicator that is effective one on one and in large group presentations.
- A sales professional that can assess the abilities of the sales team, mentor where necessary, and motivate the team to meet and exceed targeted results.
- Experience in establishing action plans, budgets, and managing to the budget.
- An honest and ethical individual who readily accepts the authority and accountability associated with being a senior leader in an organization.
- Master’s of Business Administration
- More than 10 years experience selling B2B