Better Business Bureau Employee Reviews

great working with clients
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 24, 2017
working with the public on consumer complaints . We set up mediation and arbitration, when necessary. Our focus was helping to get the complaint resolved between the consumer and company. We did community outreach to help educate the public about being aware of scams that are out in the community. Many of these scams target the elderly. Worked on news letter for our business members, set up award banquets.
Pros
helping the public with disputes and educating the community about scams.
Cons
Provides a great service to consumers
Arbitrator (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 18, 2017
I acted as an arbitrator for new car warranty disputes. I was called when a dispute was filed and asked if I would be able to hear the case. The director of the arbitration program was most professional.
Graet Company
Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 10, 2017
LOVE TO WORK FOR THEm i left for better opportunity if need it will come back.
amazing team work
trainig exceptional
corporate work hand by hand with every dept
Pros
love them
Cons
wiil come back anytime
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 9, 2017
I have no comment about working for this bureau, No grace period for tardiness, pay rate is not good for the amount of work, a lot of favoritism, and it not what its hype up to be, for member only.
A non-profit organizaiton
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Helping out the consumers in making the right decision in looking for a reputable company. I was in charge of handling all the complaints, and arbitrations. I loved working with senior citizens in the community.
service project
Legal Intern, (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2017
• Assisted in developing a study on internet harassment by researching common law and state and federal statutes
• Researched remedies businesses have for online defamatory statements, hate speech and defamatory statements made by mentally ill persons

30 hours
Coorporate Office is a very fun and welcoming
Complaints Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I loved my brief time working for the BBB.
Co-workers were very welcoming. All employees were willing to lend a hand when needed.
Team environment where you feel supported.
Business Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 20, 2016
Team environment where you feel supported. Great work/life balance, benefits, and opportunity to succeed. Professional work culture that advances and embodies the BBB Mission and advances an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other.
great job
Accredition application processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 18, 2016
i loved the job it was very nice high commision although it would be up to the owner on when she would come in it was hard to establish a good pipe line when you can guarantee you'll be working
Good company, bad management
Accreditation Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company as far as their values and the compensation. I had a difficult time with the management. They did not listen to employees and played favorites.
Pros
Bank Holidays off
Hostile work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 7, 2016
I was in business development so I would contact companies to get them accredited. I learned that The BBB here in Washington really doesn't care about their accredited businesses. They are looking for money and that is all. My co-workers were great, good people to talk to. The hardest thing about my job was trying to not quit. The most enjoyable was I got to work with my wife.
Pros
Fun holiday parties
Cons
Hostile work environment
Terrible company
Business Relations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2016
Used to really enjoy the job and responsibilities. Then our CEO hired a new business relations manager from a marketing group. The whole purpose of our organization then became all about sales. We uphold high ethics and standards to the businesses that apply for accreditation yet management does not have any standards at all. Currently the organization has no HR for their employees to go to when treated unfairly, no accounting manager for pay discrepancies. We have a husband and wife team over the BR dept. and if you upset her, who do you think the boss will side with. ?
It's cold calling, You can make one sale a week and make minimum wage or youcan make 7 sales and make a nice paycheck BUT if a company stops paying in the next 6 months after signed up, BBB will take it back from you. Your pay becomes kind of like a loan process. The morale is so low, Good luck.
Pros
Easy job, cold calling?
Cons
Management and lack of.
Very satisfying and fulfilling employment
Senior Complaint Mediator (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 13, 2016
Used meditation techniques to resolve marketplace disputes and facilitated communication between customers and companies.
Guided disputing parties towards mutual agreements by conferring with disputants to clarify issues, identify underlying concerns and develop a resolution agreement.
Co-workers and management were excellent because we all worked as a neutral, non-profit group toward resoling marketplace disputes without involving the legal system, thereby minimizing costs and time expenditure for the customers and the companies.
Pros
Hours/Work Schedule, the purpose of the job
Job security and growth
Director of Community Development and Operations (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 22, 2016
For the most part I enjoyed the position and the purpose of the Better Business Bureau. The one thing I did not like was the disorganization of the office. The lack of tools to effectively do our jobs properly. Other than that the Vision and Mission of the Better Business Bureau is a very honorable one with a great amount of potential.
San Diego location-no
DISPUTE & INFORMATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
The managers have their favorites who can literally say and do anything with no repercussions. Managers are also hypocritical. They pay you almost nothing but stress you out..especially in complaints. They will fire you if you don't agree with them. They will fire you for things you never did.
Pros
they throw a lot of parties
Cons
everything else
Productive internship, helped me learn a lot
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver,CoJuly 12, 2016
I mostly edited files on a computer all day. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel. I also had to make sure everything stayed clean and organized in the office. The hardest part of the job for me was sitting on a computer all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Not for me
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
Start at 8:30 - end at 5
I learned that a call center is not for me
Nice co-workers
making enough calls to satisfy management was difficult
Pros
Reputation of BBB
Cons
Felt like a factory job
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 23, 2016
I worked with them for a very short about of time and was treated well. I worked as a writer from home, so I am not an authority on the office life but my supervisor was kind and quick to respond.
A laid back and very nice work environment.
Dispute Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2016
I have been handling complaints for 22 years at the BBB, it takes extreme patience and compassion toward the consumer and business.
A typical day is to work what is called a tickler this shows all of your complaints and what step they are in at the time to know what the next procedure is. I usually have between 150 and 200 complaints n my tickler.
There is always new complaints to work which are done first so they go out the same day. I make phone calls to both the consumer and business when needed to move the complaint along.The ideal timeline to close a complaint is 30days but there are always situations that don't always allow this.
The hardest part of the job is when either consumer or company is not happy with a closure and trying to explain why the complaint was closed that way.
My most enjoyable part of my work is when I can close a complaint as Resolved and everyone is happy. I also try to have a good relationship with both consumer and company and have found that if you smile when on the phone and tell your self to have a positive attitude, this goes a long ways to having a good day.
Every complaint is a new experience and I do learn about the companies and how they conduct business when confronted with the negative.
Pros
Time off with pay before a holiday starts our CEO does this as he appreciates his whole staff.
Cons
The negative attitudes of consumers and businnesses at times.
Improving my Business Traits
Charity Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
The Better Business Bureau is a great opportunity for me to improve my business skills ranging from communication, financials, and management. They have various speakers come and talk to the interns regarding the professional world, which is great knowledge and very inspiring. My day is very productive and involves hands on communication, verbally and written.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Better Business Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.