Job Opening: Marketing & Graphic Design Associate
The Communications and Marketing Associate primary focus is to ensure that the organization’s overall program of work is being effectively communicated, and those collective and individual efforts are being supported and promoted. Responsibilities include website development/management, graphic design, copywriting and support for all aspects of organizational communications. The Communications and Marketing Associate is also responsible for developing, designing, strategizing and implementing various marketing campaigns and programs throughout the year. Duties include:
A. Website and Technology Management
- Implement all online activity including creative, written content and programming functions for Chamber site and Shop Local site.
- Serve as primary contact for any external web-related agencies.
- Oversee online directories and web pages and ensure data integrity.
- Compile, compose and design monthly electronic newsletter and eBlast transmissions.
- Maintain online programs, event calendars, purchases, advertising in conjunction with divisions.
B. Marketing and Public Relations
- Promote and develop the Chamber’s brand through advertising, press releases, social media and participation in industry events. This includes developing and updating web content, and marketing campaigns.
- Receive media inquires and handle directly or delegate to appropriate staff members.
- Act as point of contact for Shop Local Program.
- Lead Shop Local Committee meetings.
- Execute marketing plan for events throughout the year.
- Grow business & consumer participation in Chamber’s marketing programs.
- Request and Manage monthly content for Shop Local eNewsletter & website.
- Ensure creation of marketing activities within the agreed budget and timeline.
C. Graphic Design
- Execute design and layout for all creative, promotional and marketing materials required by events, programs and services of the organization.
- Develop and design basic visual communications such as marketing materials, presentations, logos, brochures, print and web advertisements.
- Handle all aspects of graphic design and deliver press ready files to printer.
- Produce content and serve as editor for monthly Business eView enewsletter.
- Create, supervise and oversee all internal and external advertising according to productions’ standards and deadlines.
- Develop and distribute communications materials regarding the Chamber.
- Produces and publishes both Chamber printed and electronic newsletters.
- Project manages the production of the annual Beverly Hills: The Guide in conjunction with the publisher including editorial, calendar, plans, photography, design/layout, advertising sales/collection, and distribution.
- Writes and distributes press releases, advisories, speeches etc.
- Conducts monthly interviews with chamber member merchants and writes articles for the ShopLocal website.
- Manage department’s budget and revenue.
- Submit purchase orders for department’s expenses.
- Maintain supply of all organizational stationary and collateral materials.
- Creates, send out and monitor invoices.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with outside vendors.
- Manage current media lists and press contacts.
- Coordinate mass mailings for collateral and materials via the mail house and bulk mail.
- Excellent written communication skills to write content for articles, press releases, social media and website.
- Experience in CS5: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- HTML and Flash are a plus.
- Full understanding of the differences between traditional print and digital print and web production.
- Proficient using Facebook, Twitter, Youtube.com and LinkedIn for business purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an independent self-directed environment with strict deadlines.
- Superior project management skills, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 3 + years working experience in marketing environment with a focus on online preferred.
- Professional demeanor with excellent skills: customer service, strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal.
- Proven ability to learn new tasks quickly and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; able to work in fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
- Bright, enthusiastic individual with an outgoing personality. * Salary: 45-50K plus benefits, including Health benefits, paid vacation and 401k.