Beverly Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

By the end of the shift, one fills accomplished
EMERGENCY REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I worked the swing and grave yard shift in the Emergency dept. Since it was a smaller hospital, everyone knew one another. Even when there were tension among the staff, when it came to the bottom line..all ill feelings were put aside and everyone worked together for the betterment of the patients and the department. The hardest part of the job was when there were fatalities and traumas.
Pros
every work day was different and not boring
Cons
when the ER got busy, it was very difficult to even use the facilities. If one walked away, patients/families would get upset..but they were worried and afraid.
Great place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 7, 2016
I did not expect to work in an inpatient setting for my first hospital job as a pharmacy technician. It is such a great environment to work at. Staff and coworkers are all around happy and professional at the same time. It could get very hectic at times or emergencies would come along but we have a very organized way to deal with situations like this. Great and advance equipment helps us to learn newer thing since medical field has been advancing to a lot of ideas nowadays.
Pros
gift card incentives, free lunches
Cons
No benefits, limited hours to work per month
They cheat you out your pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The rip you out your pay they don't care about you they say that and they don't housekeeping director messes around with the women at the hospital he cusses and the staff they trick you and say one thing and another very unorganized place.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Rip you off your pay director has a pervers mouth
Strong volunteer community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 21, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I spent at Beverly Hospital volunteering with the patients. My experience was very rewarding and taught me a lot about how to interact with people in the hospital environment.
A typical day on the job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Moving on because I just received my nursing license. I wish I could have stayed on board as a nurse.
Pros
Did not have to work holiday
Cons
short break
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 23, 2015
I learned a lot at this job, my first in pharmacy. I had the job before leaving tech school. Starting on the day shirt, we took care of the main hospital and two off-site facilities we supplied medications to. I learned to make IVs, chemotherapy, learned about dispensing equipment and hospital operations. My co-workers on the day shift had all been there a long time, sometimes over twenty years, they seemed a bit cynical and jaded. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the IV room, one on one with the pharmacist or with one other technician. Switching to the evening shift was a good move for me, three technicians so we were always busy and always helping each other complete tasks. Great group to work with.
Pros
Short commute
great place to learn
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 23, 2015
Beverly hospital is great place to learn your critical thinking skills because they rely highly on the knowledge of respiratory therapy. We assess and intervene for patients to prevent them from getting worst or we quickly manage their care as to prevent catastrophic events. Ive learned a lot during my tenure at this hospital. Unfortunately, due to low budget they were forced to make many cuts that affected various departments.
Inpatient pharmacy technician
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 23, 2015
I love almost every day I work in here. I love what I do and my passion goes through this job. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with
Pros
Free lunches twice every month
Cons
Slow
Fun and great people to work for.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 8, 2015
Typical day at work when i worked there was a good day to clock in and clock out. The usual nurse phone calls, code tray refills and medication runs to floors to refill pyxis machines. I learned alot of medical information within the drug world like generic names opposed to brand names and sceduled drfugs in their classes. Mathemematics for I.V therapy. My co-workers was the best part of my job. They were all awsome and high spirited people. The hardest part of my job at that time was to cover an overnight shift.
Pros
two breaks
Cons
Not an enjoyable atmosphere at all
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 19, 2015
I would like to say that I am someone who can be thrown into a new environment and adapt well and thrive, but while working here at Beverly Hospital I find myself not being very challenged, I would say that my overall experience working at Beverly Hospital is very negative.
Hard place to work if you're "just a" secretary.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 7, 2012
When I worked there perks were only for nurses, who were very demeaning to their "underlings" as a manager put it.

After my first mammogram I was told to see a surgeon right away. I worked in human resources at the time. The manager told me not to schedule it until it was convenient for the department. You know, "just in case you'd have to be out."

Lots of unnecessary "busy work" that keeps secretaries maxed out and just ends up in a file drawer never to be seen again.
Pros
great if you're a nurse or a doctor.
Cons
unattainable goals in your review to hold the raise percentage down.
job
R.N. (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work. Emergency room excellent and care for patients of every type was very well done. Separate pediatric, psych areas and medical surgical pods.
Goal oriented environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaAugust 22, 2015
Goal oriented environment. 12 or more surgeries per day. Great place to learn from doctors and nurses. The best part of my job is interacting with new patients everyday.
Pros
Great people
if u like layoffs
access management (Current Employee) –  beverly hospitalFebruary 27, 2013
Too many upper management will never ger rid of been there over 20 years would lay off nurses secretary bousekeeping lay off 100 people at 1 time the access rep manager walks around like a princess to you have a real problem complain and u will be fired she has her employee scared from threats so they dont complain loyalty wont get u any where she fired supervisor with 20 years work anywherr but not access management
Pros
benefis pay good co workers
Cons
management
the kitchen is friendly but beware the front of the house manager
Cook (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CaliforniaSeptember 5, 2012
really important!!! -front of the house management is slightly racist, favorites get days desired off eaily, complains about coming in on weekends if needed, doesnt practice food safty well ex: one day she was making sandwishes an inch away from the dirty floor mat and put it out in the cafe to sell, walks away from the grill cook when helped is needed most, sexist, walks away from cafe serving lines when needed, secretly spies on all workers and reports it to director, always telling the cook what to make when its not her place to manage the cooks, makes menus when she shouldn't thats for the chef, very depended on favors from dish crew but not limited to everyone else.

typical day is pretty easy flowing job depending if one has prepped the day before, cook crew helps one another with anything needed, very reliable. Catering workers can be somewhat "loud and rude" but dont hold grugdes.

all in all a good place to work meanwhile you get accustom money wise, but hardly nothing for moving up in the company

run by the company SODEXO
Pros
free lunch, spare time, 30 min breaks plus two 15 min allowed, vacation time, 11.50 to start, benefits
Cons
non-smoker friendly, equiptment fails most times
work remote
Inpatient/Outpatient/ED Coder- Remote (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 8, 2015
I like to work at Beverly because they offer remote, they offer great benefits. My co worker are great.The most enjoyable part of my job is im able to work remote.
Pros
work remote
Not a great place to work new management is needed
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 26, 2013
Not staffed very well
The weekend is extra hard since there is half the staff than on the weekday. There will be house patients to x-ray along with out patients and ER patient. Most Rad's take thier time reading exams which that becomes a problem. Most weekends we didn't have time to eat lunch or even have a break.Never mind trying to get a hold of management over the weekend or off shifts for issues that would arise. One particular supervisor tends to pick on certain people. There is never any money for broken equipment, the manger is only concern saving money so her bonus would grow bigger
Pros
there are none
Cons
some people are favored in the rad dept
Fast-paced goal oriented environment
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 5, 2012
The pace is fast from 7am until the end of shift at 3:30pm. The AA is responsible for filling, answering the phones, answering call lights through the intercom system, preparing for admissions and discharges, assisting nurses in their administrative processes, and assisting doctors by providing them with the appropriate paper work. Management is continually evaluating our processes and the work environment. Changes are made regularly to improve processes and communication between departments. This hospital has been a great work environment. The hardest part of this job is learning everyones preferences to make sure the team has what they need to do the best job possible.
Pros
great team atmosphere.
Cons
base pay and annual increases could be better.
great team, with good plans for work, benefits and entertining time
Secretary of Guild (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 18, 2015
My goal always to find what is most company request for particular job, be reliable at any time they might need and keep my promises and responsibilities. Continue always improve the quality of work by listening to reminders or suggestions and keep relationship in peace and friendly.With loving kindness to do the job and find in any situation to enjoy the duty and work I'm doing. And be helpful in use my other skills if I feel that there the needs for that.
So, life if beautiful when you love to do work for people when they are communicative and appreciative when you do your work with skills, knowledgeable and use of good experiences in life to bring your job more enjoyable for yourself and for others.
Pros
free launches, classes etc.
Cons
entertinement
Great people to work with.
Admitting and unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 13, 2015
I worked in a few different departments during my time at Beverly Hospital. Each job was a learning experience and helped me to further develop my medical knowledge and skills. In every department I worked in my co-workers were a joy to be around.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
working too many weekends and holidays.