Beverly Hospital

Beverly Hospital Employer Reviews

Good and safe hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee), Montebello, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting good people and helping them out
Cons: low pay
Check in and find out what has been going on during the day and follow up.
Must work in a team.
Very good co-works
See families going thru pain.
Seeing families going home healthy
great place to learn and advance your critical thinking skills in Respiratory therapist
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Montebello, CASeptember 12, 2014
My experience at Beverly have been amazing. I learned all my critical thinking skills and workload management at this hospital.
Fair but no room for advancement
X-ray Tech (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 6, 2014
The usual activity in radiology department, taking x-rays to patients by order of our subordinates. My co-worker are great even and we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is to accommodate an overflowing patients with very limited techs. But I am happy because I get along with everybody.
It varies based on the store
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Beverly, MAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: supportive pharmacy managers
Cons: lack of oversight in some stores by corporate
Floating was the best decision I ever made at this job. Working with different managers in different locations with different patients really provided a variety of experiences. Overall I am greatful to this company for giving me the tools I needed to get a pharmacy tech job in a hospital and my ceritification because it provides me a way to provide – more... for myself while in school. – less
Productive, apply and learn new skills
ER Lead Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 8 hr work schedule
Cons: had to be on-call 24/7
typical work day: very busy, greet and assist patient directing them as needed. Register patient for surgery, lab, x-rays, and for admissions. I have learned new computer systems, to direct others on how to register appropriately, was transferred to ER Lead. The hardest part was to be on call 24 hrs. I was given a blackberry where the fellow clerk would – more... call if they needed assistance, guidance, or were calling off. I had to find a replacement for them or cover if necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was almost everything except being on-call. It was very difficult with 2-3 calls almost every night, trying to function with minimal sleep. – less
I worked for Beverly Hospital several years ago in a per diem capacityI enjoydd my time there and the staff was very nice to work with & knowledgeable
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Beverly, MAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: always wok to be done and a variety of surgeries.
I enjoyed working with the staff. I scrubbed for Dr. Sledge & Dr. Wood at the time of my employment. I did work occasionally with other surgeons.
Good company to establish career and experience
Administrative Clerk/Document Processor (Former Employee), Montebello, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: annual increase of salary and has good and nice people to work with.
Cons: the position i have has no progress and the hospital is unstable right now.
Beverly has a good people to work with. You'll learn a lot from the people who worked years from the hospital. They have nice, friendly and helpful employees. Becoming part of the family is a fulfillment.
Good Community Hospital
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMay 20, 2014
Very strong orthopedic surgeons and surgeons overall. Surgery suite and Medical/Surgical floors were efficient and well run. Tight knit family of employees.
Intense work
Clinical/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMarch 21, 2014
Work is intense but rewarding. Every day is different, good team work, working together
The Beverly Hospital was a very well liked hospital
Surgical Technician/Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Labor and Delivery/Newborn NurseryMarch 15, 2014
Pros: your identification badge was also used as a way of paying for lunch, or you could even purchase things in the gift shop, and it would be taken right out of your check.
Cons: sometimes there weren't enough staff on occassion.
My work day would start of by gathering supplies for each surgery that was going to be performed that day, I would assist the surgeon in the surgery. When the Surgery was done I would clean up and get ready for another one. Working at Beverly Hospital I have learned that there are a lot of compassionate people in that line of work. The hardest part – more... of the job would have to be seeing a sick baby being born, but on the better side of things just seeing a baby born was amazing every single time. Everyone there treated you as if you worked in a team and helped out with what ever needed to be done. The hospital was very caring with personal issues if any and accommodated employees with any situations that may have aroused. The doctors, nurses, housekeeper and even the cooks in the kitchen made you fell like it was a great place to be. – less
healthcare
registered nurse (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMarch 7, 2014
Emergency medicine is a fast paced environment that requires team work to effectively and efficiently care for a diverse group of patients with various medical issues. The high staff turn over made this more challenging.
Great place to gain really good experience in different procedures.
OR Tech (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: insurance
I scrub into general, ortho, vascular, cardiovascular, ophthalmology, urology, ent, and nuero procedures. I also pull cases for the next day, stock the rooms, and put away supplies brought up from central. I've learned patient care, and why patients are getting a certain procedure. I work with a great team and we help each other out. we make sure we – more... are all on the same page because that is the key of a good working and productive work environment. The hardest part of my job is seeing the really sick patients that come in and how much pain they seem to be in. The enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I was part of a surgery that helped a patient get better. – less
People where great, learned quiet allot about hospital life.
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee), Beverly, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: not good at promoting when necessary
Prepare and maintain reports of credentialing functions including accreditation, membership and facility privileges. Process application for requests admitting privileges at a hospital, and maintain all records and documentation of the application and verification. Assist auditors in updating facility's accreditation.
• Ensure regulatory compliance – more... and quality assurance, and that all information meets federal and state guidelines when processing applications – less
the best hospital i ever work
STAFF RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee), montebello hopsJanuary 17, 2014
people are very friendly they are very hospitable and very knowledgeable
Great Learning Experience
Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee), Beverly, MAJanuary 16, 2014
I learned a great deal working for this company. They are great with everything. There was nothing I needed that I could not ask them for.
Good working environment. Nurse managers are a strong, cohesive group.
Nurse Manager, Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Beverly, MADecember 9, 2013
Pros: working with other nurse managers
Cons: trying to care for both agh and beverly site was not easy.
Enjoyed my time at Beverly. All staff encouraged to grow in the field. Encouraged team approach to providing excellent patient care with positive outcomes. Maintained open door to all staff which encourages open communication. I enjoyed mentoring staff to grow in the medical field.
My work experience at Beverly Hospital/Lahey Health has given me much valued experience in caring for patients.
CA/CNA (Former Employee), Beverly, MAOctober 29, 2013
It was a pleasure working at Beverly Hospital/Lahey Health. The hospital environment was a wonderful experience.
Busy
Customer Care (Former Employee), Beverly, MAOctober 16, 2013
Not very caring reasonable or nice co workers. unset hours. poor training.
Brought Patients to test sights
Transporter (Former Employee), Beverly, MAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: met different people
Cons: couldn't help them further
interacted with others
how to transfer Patients on and off equipment
keeping a smile on my face
worked as a team with my co-workers
dealing with heavier weight patients
Making a patient happy
Great coworkers, learned a lot about the medical field at this job
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Danvers, MAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: i love the patients that come in ...have gotten to know quite a few.
Cons: salary too low for all that i do, no paid sick time or vacation or holiday..comes out of my pto bank.
Very hectic fast paced environment. If it wasn't for my coworkers I wouldn't get through the day. The medical field is fascinating and I learn new things every day. My job is never the same two days in a row.