Beverly Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun work Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Enjoyed talking and learning from other nurses. The nurses and doctors are very kind and patients, My favorite part of the hospital was volunteering in OverFlow.
Nice place to work
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MADecember 28, 2016
Everyone was wonderful to work with, management was super. Never had a problem with anyone I worked with. This was my first job coming out of school as a phlebotomist, I was good at what I did. I worked part time and helped out when I could at other locations.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Working in a hospital setting was not for me
A fast pace working enviorment
Emergency Room/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 3, 2016
A typical work day I would register at least 20/30 patients ranging from the Emergency Room/ Admitting/ and L&D. You'd see a variety of patients. we worked 3/4 12 hour shifts.
Not for me
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 30, 2016
Great hospital. This type of hospital was just not the type of hospital I was looking for. It was great for being a student and I did learn a lot.
Great place to get familiar with Central Service
intern/volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 26, 2016
Very good people work here and they taught me a lot in the little time that i was there. Allowed me to get familiar with how things work and taught me that team work is the best way to get things done better and faster.
wonderful staff
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 19, 2016
plenty of hours, staff is great to work with, however management was changed every couple of months, i went threw six general managers within three years. It's a perfect place to start of with and get some experience.
Pros
a lot of hours, great facility
Cons
under staffed, underpaid
Great place to work!
Pyxis Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 3, 2016
Excellent teamwork makes even the toughest days bearable. Staff are willing to teach and learn from each other. Wonderful place to work - wouldn't have left if I wasn't moving!
Great place to work !
Release of Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MASeptember 28, 2016
I love my job and coworkers. I enjoy helping patients get the information they need for continuance of care. I find my job to be interesting. We always have to keep up with any changes in HIPAA laws in regards to the release of information.
Pros
Convenient location to my home. Friendly staff.
Cons
In my current position there isn't much room for growth.
no help when census is very high
UR NURSE/CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 7, 2016
People lack the professionalism and respect. They want you to be in a hurry all the time. There was one Case Manager who is morbidly obese and had a hard time walking. At the end of the day, when the work is done, she stands up and goes to her car. . I tried to help her because she really cannot do everything. People there even the Director of CM told me not to help her because she might get used to it. It takes only a few minutes to help her. get into the care. I am very shocked why these people refused to help. They will just watch her having difficulties moving around. I could not believed it. How in the world are they working as a nurse and see someone that needs real help. No, this hospital needs to review their goals, motivations and values. I really questioned why they are still there.
Pros
nothing free, only when vendors come in and give us free meals
Cons
if you can have the tine, then you will be able to get a little break, but others do it. It is hard because of the patient census.
The hospital is a very different working environment. Every one is very dedicated to their job and willing to do whatever it takes for the patients.
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 5, 2016
The patients are the most important part of the hospital. Without any patients hospitals would be out of business. Every job in the hospital helps the patients in one way or another. Although I might only work in the kitchen I have a very important job. Many patients have different diets and if they are not followed there could be serious health issues. That is where the kitchen comes into play. When a patient orders food a ticket comes out of a printer in the kitchen. Which means we set up the trays and put all the correct food on the tray. Every ticket has the patients diet on it. If it wasn't for the kitchen, patients could have serious health issues because the right food is not being provided to them.

Want to know more about Beverly Hospital?

Ask a question
Bwh
Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2016
Simple commute. Difficult parking. Good benefits of working for the company. Establishment is geared towards teaching. Great clinical placement
Patient care
MCH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CA 90640April 16, 2016
My number one priority is patient care and the work I am responsible for and team work. I love my job and my team I'm always helpful and make the best out of every single day.
Pros
patient care
Cons
leaving patient
Great place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 7, 2016
I did not expect to work in an inpatient setting for my first hospital job as a pharmacy technician. It is such a great environment to work at. Staff and coworkers are all around happy and professional at the same time. It could get very hectic at times or emergencies would come along but we have a very organized way to deal with situations like this. Great and advance equipment helps us to learn newer thing since medical field has been advancing to a lot of ideas nowadays.
Pros
gift card incentives, free lunches
Cons
No benefits, limited hours to work per month
Strong volunteer community
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 21, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I spent at Beverly Hospital volunteering with the patients. My experience was very rewarding and taught me a lot about how to interact with people in the hospital environment.
By the end of the shift, one fills accomplished
EMERGENCY REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I worked the swing and grave yard shift in the Emergency dept. Since it was a smaller hospital, everyone knew one another. Even when there were tension among the staff, when it came to the bottom line..all ill feelings were put aside and everyone worked together for the betterment of the patients and the department. The hardest part of the job was when there were fatalities and traumas.
Pros
every work day was different and not boring
Cons
when the ER got busy, it was very difficult to even use the facilities. If one walked away, patients/families would get upset..but they were worried and afraid.
They cheat you out your pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The rip you out your pay they don't care about you they say that and they don't housekeeping director messes around with the women at the hospital he cusses and the staff they trick you and say one thing and another very unorganized place.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Rip you off your pay director has a pervers mouth
A typical day on the job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Moving on because I just received my nursing license. I wish I could have stayed on board as a nurse.
Pros
Did not have to work holiday
Cons
short break
Inpatient pharmacy technician
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAOctober 23, 2015
I love almost every day I work in here. I love what I do and my passion goes through this job. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with
Pros
Free lunches twice every month
Cons
Slow
job
R.N. (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work. Emergency room excellent and care for patients of every type was very well done. Separate pediatric, psych areas and medical surgical pods.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 23, 2015
I learned a lot at this job, my first in pharmacy. I had the job before leaving tech school. Starting on the day shirt, we took care of the main hospital and two off-site facilities we supplied medications to. I learned to make IVs, chemotherapy, learned about dispensing equipment and hospital operations. My co-workers on the day shift had all been there a long time, sometimes over twenty years, they seemed a bit cynical and jaded. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the IV room, one on one with the pharmacist or with one other technician. Switching to the evening shift was a good move for me, three technicians so we were always busy and always helping each other complete tasks. Great group to work with.
Pros
Short commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beverly Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.