BevMo!

BevMo! Employer Reviews

Now that beer is hip
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: wine and beer tasting, sommelier classes
Cons: minimum wage
Management makes the place. It is great to talk beer and wine with guests so that they can make informed decisions about their purchases.
So Much Beer, So Little Time
Cashier/Beer Specialist (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: discounts on alcohol, fun staff, great friends
Cons: discounts on alcohol, drama
It was a great to work and a fun place to learn about all kinds of different alcohol.
company needs a little improvement
Cashier (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: some managers are good, employees are really nice.
Cons: management could be a little better, its hard to move up in this work place.no room for advancement, health plans only for full-time employees
I wish I could move up in my job.ive been there 7 months, and no job advancement. I always go above and beyond for this company. im always on time, I always come 30 minutes early, I always stay extra hours when asked, I come in on my days off.the company does offer health plan coverage, but only for full-time employees. I work 28-35 hours a week, and – more... I think I should be offer those coverage plans. – less
Fun and challenging work environment
Head Clerk/Associate (Current Employee), Redlands, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: free education on wine industry
I have learned management skills in a high paced and high volume retail setting. The hardest part of the job is finding creative ways to approach changing daily operations and obstacles. My favorite part of the job is the variety of people I get to work with on a daily basis while maintaining the values and goals of the company.
Cashier job position
Cashier (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 3, 2012
Pros: being about to network with companies.
Cons: part time work scheduling
Job position was pretty basic and straight forward. Cashier duties with mainly customer interaction and minor stock and replenishment duties. Being about to network with and meet new and upcoming companies, vineyards and wineries throughout the location nearby.
Very social and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 25, 2012
Pros: free snacks on holidays.
Cons: no benefits, little to no hours, restricted from tastings on days you work
The employees are very knowledgeable not only do they have information about their section they have the knowledge to recommend a majority of the inventory. BevMo! prides them self on making each customer beyond satisfied with their visit to the store. However when it comes to being an employe BevMo! is not as forthcoming with you being satisfied.
Amazing Learning Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2014
The thing that made BevMo! an outstanding place to work is that they provided many opportunities for comprehensive training with the products we sold. Their approach was hands on, rigorous and detailed. I enjoyed training in both small group seminars and larger training modules on a regular basis.