BevMo! Employee Reviews

Fun Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 7, 2016
Lots of fun day in and day out, but for the management team you're required to be there 45 hours a week and close and then open. By weeks end you notice that you've had no time for yourself and things just pile up for things in your personal life.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours and just 1 hour lunch with no breaks
Very fun workplace with plenty of room to grow
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 15, 2016
I have gained countless knowledge working here. Its an incredibly welcoming and friendly enviornment and everyone there is great. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job in the alcohol business.
easy place to earn second income with half the work load
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2016
I normally work only two days in the mornings where its typically slow and easy, I like both days with my manager and enjoy learning the details of the product
Pros
easyt pace job, learn about the different tpe of dinks
Cons
short break to do nothing or lil time to eat or use the facilities
work place with a nice inveronmet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 30, 2016
Is the place to work where you learn about winery ,meet all kind of nice people ,I wish to have the oportunity to be part of the working team ,thank you BevMo
Pros
learn about all kinds of wines
Cons
wish to have of the benefits
A typical day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 22, 2016
Bevmo! is one of my favorite jobs because I have learned and grown within the company. I have learned about different wines and how to make exotic drinks for any occasion. I love the management and would love to be part of it someday.
Pros
free tasting
Cons
10% discount, short breaks
It's a decent part-time job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 8, 2016
The environment, co-workers, and most customers were great. It's a fun job and I learned a lot about alcohol. However, the Store manager was terrible, unprofessional, and definitely had some favoritism when distributing hours. Overall, when not having to deal with the store manager, It was a great job. Would definitely love to work there again.
Pros
discounts on alcohol, friendly co-workers, fun.
Cons
Store manager, hours, Job growth.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 15, 2016
Bevmo! is a fun place to work and you get to work with some great coworkers and customers, however the pay can certainly be improved.
Fun Place
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 29, 2016
BevMo was a really fun place to work. I just felt like they could have done a little bit better in terms of compensating employees and showing appreciation. You work long, exhausting hours; especially weekends, holidays and big sporting even days. To be on your feet that much is definitely hard on the body.

I love my team that I worked with! We laughed every day and had a blast. It was fun to talk with customers and either learn from them or share my knowledge.
Pros
Fun. Beer and Wine tastings
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Happy team = Happy Customers!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 12, 2015
Enjoy working at the Visalia location. Very fun environment! The only downside is Store Manager and Assistant Manager are the only ones allowed to have a FT position. All others are part-time.
Good college job
Sales Associate/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 27, 2015
I worked here in my last two years of college and had a very fun experience. When an incident arouse, the company was not supportive in helping me recover from it.
Pros
Fun environment, enjoy customers
Cons
Not many hours, not supportive
Great work life balance, but not a career
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  vista, caJune 11, 2015
I enjoy being here and met a lot of great people. I feel this job is only good for extra income. If you want to make a living this is not for you. If you want extra cash and meet some cool people, then apply.
Pros
Co-workers, customers, and product knowledge
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 29, 2015
The management was very poorly organized. I felt like our store manager was more concerned with how corporate viewed his success over the concerns and the needs of his employees.
Rough ride
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Orinda, CAJanuary 5, 2015
A low paying retail store division who fails to focus on the needs of its individual stores, and handicaps the full potential of each store location. Corporate changes need to be made to solve the issues for individual store developments.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
poor corporate management, little employee compensation and perks
Your typical cashiering job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2014
The people are friendly that work there. Its nice to learn about the different beer, wine, and liquor, but this is your typical cashiering job. You stand behind the register for half the day and stock and organize shelves the other half.
Pros
Learn a lot about alcohol and food pairings, learn more about local beers
Cons
Pay is mediocre at best, not very fun
productive and fun working environment. Employees are very knowledgeable about products and extremely helpful when handling customer service.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 31, 2014
Being an employee at BevMo! You must be very hardworking energetic, and ready to gain knowledge about products within the store. An employee is constantly lifting, moving, and freighting all around the store. We also are helping customers constantly with recommendations, carryout assistance, and assisting customers online and by telephone. You work with customers 100% of the time and are also working with money so you have to be very careful and pay attention to what you are doing. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with frustrated customers. However, for the most part, for every one rude or upset customer, you encounter very pleasurable customers who are very appreciative for your help, kindness, and customer service. That makes it worthwhile when a customer leaves the store happy with a smile on their face and they write really great reviews about their experience. It is stressful at times, but also very enjoyable.
Amazing Learning Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2014
The thing that made BevMo! an outstanding place to work is that they provided many opportunities for comprehensive training with the products we sold. Their approach was hands on, rigorous and detailed. I enjoyed training in both small group seminars and larger training modules on a regular basis.
BevMo. where the bev's go.
Wine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Encino, CANovember 27, 2013
Overall a good job to have eventually they're is room to grow when you show hard work and communicate as much as possible. I assist with recommendation and pick up a great deal of knowledge from my co-workers as well as guest, each day. The hardest part of the job is making sales goals.
Pros
Advancement, Responsibility, Perks
Cons
Pay, hours vary
Now that beer is hip
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 28, 2013
Management makes the place. It is great to talk beer and wine with guests so that they can make informed decisions about their purchases.
Pros
Wine and Beer Tasting, Sommelier Classes
Cons
Minimum Wage
So Much Beer, So Little Time
Cashier/Beer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 29, 2013
It was a great to work and a fun place to learn about all kinds of different alcohol.
Pros
Discounts on alcohol, fun staff, great friends
Cons
Discounts on alcohol, drama
company needs a little improvement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 8, 2013
I wish I could move up in my job.ive been there 7 months, and no job advancement. I always go above and beyond for this company. im always on time, I always come 30 minutes early, I always stay extra hours when asked, I come in on my days off.the company does offer health plan coverage, but only for full-time employees. I work 28-35 hours a week, and I think I should be offer those coverage plans.
Pros
some managers are good, employees are really nice.
Cons
management could be a little better, its hard to move up in this work place.no room for advancement, health plans only for full-time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BevMo!. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4