BevMo! Employee Reviews

Great work life balance, but not a career
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee), vista, caJune 11, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, customers, and product knowledge
Cons: Not enough hours
I enjoy being here and met a lot of great people. I feel this job is only good for extra income. If you want to make a living this is not for you. If you want extra cash and meet some cool people, then apply.
Poor Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, CAApril 29, 2015
The management was very poorly organized. I felt like our store manager was more concerned with how corporate viewed his success over the concerns and the needs of his employees.
Rough ride
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee), Orinda, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: poor corporate management, little employee compensation and perks
A low paying retail store division who fails to focus on the needs of its individual stores, and handicaps the full potential of each store location. Corporate changes need to be made to solve the issues for individual store developments.
Your typical cashiering job
Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2014
Pros: learn a lot about alcohol and food pairings, learn more about local beers
Cons: pay is mediocre at best, not very fun
The people are friendly that work there. Its nice to learn about the different beer, wine, and liquor, but this is your typical cashiering job. You stand behind the register for half the day and stock and organize shelves the other half.
productive and fun working environment. Employees are very knowledgeable about products and extremely helpful when handling customer service.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 31, 2014
Being an employee at BevMo! You must be very hardworking energetic, and ready to gain knowledge about products within the store. An employee is constantly lifting, moving, and freighting all around the store. We also are helping customers constantly with recommendations, carryout assistance, and assisting customers online and by telephone. You work with customers 100% of the time and are also working with money so you have to be very careful and pay attention to what you are doing. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with frustrated customers. However, for the most part, for every one rude or upset customer, you encounter very pleasurable customers who are very appreciative for your help, kindness, and customer service. That makes it worthwhile when a customer leaves the store happy with a smile on their face and they write really great reviews about their experience. It is stressful at times, but also very enjoyable.
Amazing Learning Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 15, 2014
The thing that made BevMo! an outstanding place to work is that they provided many opportunities for comprehensive training with the products we sold. Their approach was hands on, rigorous and detailed. I enjoyed training in both small group seminars and larger training modules on a regular basis.
BevMo. where the bev's go.
Wine Specialist (Current Employee), Encino, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros: advancement, responsibility, perks
Cons: pay, hours vary
Overall a good job to have eventually they're is room to grow when you show hard work and communicate as much as possible. I assist with recommendation and pick up a great deal of knowledge from my co-workers as well as guest, each day. The hardest part of the job is making sales goals.
Now that beer is hip
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: wine and beer tasting, sommelier classes
Cons: minimum wage
Management makes the place. It is great to talk beer and wine with guests so that they can make informed decisions about their purchases.
So Much Beer, So Little Time
Cashier/Beer Specialist (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: discounts on alcohol, fun staff, great friends
Cons: discounts on alcohol, drama
It was a great to work and a fun place to learn about all kinds of different alcohol.
company needs a little improvement
Cashier (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: some managers are good, employees are really nice.
Cons: management could be a little better, its hard to move up in this work place.no room for advancement, health plans only for full-time employees
I wish I could move up in my job.ive been there 7 months, and no job advancement. I always go above and beyond for this company. im always on time, I always come 30 minutes early, I always stay extra hours when asked, I come in on my days off.the company does offer health plan coverage, but only for full-time employees. I work 28-35 hours a week, and I think I should be offer those coverage plans.
Fun and challenging work environment
Head Clerk/Associate (Current Employee), Redlands, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: free education on wine industry
I have learned management skills in a high paced and high volume retail setting. The hardest part of the job is finding creative ways to approach changing daily operations and obstacles. My favorite part of the job is the variety of people I get to work with on a daily basis while maintaining the values and goals of the company.
Cashier job position
Cashier (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 3, 2012
Pros: being about to network with companies.
Cons: part time work scheduling
Job position was pretty basic and straight forward. Cashier duties with mainly customer interaction and minor stock and replenishment duties. Being about to network with and meet new and upcoming companies, vineyards and wineries throughout the location nearby.
Very social and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 25, 2012
Pros: free snacks on holidays.
Cons: no benefits, little to no hours, restricted from tastings on days you work
The employees are very knowledgeable not only do they have information about their section they have the knowledge to recommend a majority of the inventory. BevMo! prides them self on making each customer beyond satisfied with their visit to the store. However when it comes to being an employe BevMo! is not as forthcoming with you being satisfied.