BevMo

BevMo Employer Reviews

BevMo!
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Danville, CANovember 3, 2014
I left this job because is it not the company it once was. The fun aspect was long ago trimmed from the job experience in exchange for frequent Merch Calendar changes, and endless price tag hanging.
Job should be labeled Shipping Manager !
Concerned Customer (Former Employee), Somewhere over the RainbowOctober 20, 2014
Pros: plenty of beer :/
Cons: low wages, unskilled management, very boring.
This does not sound like a great place to work, pay is very low for the work load. Sound like Management is run by snobby kids who are looking for admiration and want to be Idolized. There is Differently plenty of room for improvement in this place.
Mostly fun Employees, Mostly fun customers, and great way to learn about wine/spirits.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZ/Burbank, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free wine tastings, making friends
Cons: understaffed 75% of the time.
A normal day would begin by often unloading top stock of still packaged bottles, followed by (on weekends) going over inventory and making sure the counts all added up. When the store opens, it would be time to either work the floor and assist customers while also doing an assigned task between customers. If working as cashier, there is also additional – more... tasks assigned, such as stocking, or building displays near the front. Although as cashier, you interact with every customer for each transaction, so the sub-taks would tend to be a bit simpler and always at the front of the store, within eyesight of the doors.

Co-Workers for the most part were always helpful and friendly, al though after multiple years, and decent turnaround, not everyone was ideal. Still, no major issues, as managers seemed to do fairly well hiring the right people.

The hardest part of the job by far is dealing with being chronically understaffed. A problem at both locations (Arizona and California) I worked at. I feel at any given time, there are usually two customers who need personal help, and there needs to be one person available who stays upfront to watch for theft, and to serve as cashier. Which leaves three people needed at all times. Often only having two people proves tough, especially on busy nights when there could be 5-7 customers who need personal help. It can be mentally difficult to juggle 5 people requesting different things from you in the span of two minutes.

The most enjoyable was meeting and interacting with customers when there was time to do so. It's nice to get to know people, converse about the different things you both like, and even sometimes make lasting personal friends from customers. – less
good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fun coustimers
Cons: not enough hrs.
very fun place. lots of good people and staff. Great! wine tasting and beer tasting.
It was good when real management ran the business
Store manager (Former Employee), CaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nothing oh wait the customers maybe
Cons: management is horrible
It's all about cut throat and being part of the drinking club. The culture has gone out the door. You are a number not a person would not recommend this job to anyone. So sad Bevmo never will shop here again
Fun enviroment to work in but poor and empty advancement opportunites
Associate (Current Employee), La Mesa, CASeptember 20, 2014
Cons: only 1 10min break per 4 hour shift. unless getting full shift
Cashiering, selling, helping customers find products they need.

WineMo is awesome, its the first glass you get to take to advance
your knowledge of wine.

management can be hot headed and or lazy

co workers are always upbeat

hardest part of job is asking every customer for I.D.

Most enjoyable part of job is learning something new everyday
A good second job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed retail environment, free tastings of beverages, free swag, flexible hours
Cons: very few hours a week, poor pay, little to no chance of raises
This is not a job you can depend on. It's a job to make a little extra cash on the side. You will make minimum wage and depending on the store, minimum hours (4 - 20). Most stores have nice relaxed employees and managers who are willing to work with your short schedule and treat you fairly. They stand up for the employees and do not tolerate rude, abusive – more... customers. – less
Good co-workers, good side job, not a "career"-type of place
Store Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, generally nice customers, flexible
Cons: minimum wage, no benefits, part time only
I worked for the BevMo in Elk Grove (off East Stockton Blvd).

The job itself was not hard, most of the "work" as register/cashier. At times you would perform other tasks like stocking, cleaning, etc.

There were usually 3-4 people per shift: One checker, one of the sales floor, and one manager, and occasionally another person helping out around.

It – more... was exclusively part time, majority of people would only get between 12-20 hrs per week (which consisted mostly of 4 hr shifts) unless you were a manager or you "endured" yourself for lack of a better term. Saying that, don't expect much, you don't get benefits or anything unless you are a manager (full time). The one upside is that at my store they were flexible with schedules. If you had school or another job they were flexible to that.

The job in itself was rather slow. The majority of the clientele was older (over 55). There would be times where there would be no people for close to an hour.

Pay is minimum wage.

The management was very cool. They helped you whenever you asked as did the more experienced co-workers.

All that together, I would say this is NOT a career job unless you really like it. If you're in your 20's or 30's and want to make a little extra money on the side then this is for you. It's a good flexible second job but after that.....that's pretty much it. – less
Cashier (Former Employee), Conaga park caJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed working with everyone that i worked with easy to get along with and the management was a lot of help and learning all the different kinda of wines and beers and liquor there is was the hardest park of the job
Non productive, unchallenging.
Sales Associate / Wine Consultant (Current Employee), El Centro, CAJuly 17, 2014
Cons: everything.
People are not rewarded do to merit but on how well they can kiss the store managers butt. If your a hot chick that he wants to flirt with, then you'll get the job and more hours then those who work hard and are passionate about what they do.
Cashier (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 6, 2014
its a good company to work for

its slow at times but east to be productive
Horrible
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 27, 2014
Don't work here, it is horrible. Management is awful. No hours. Treated poorly.
Knowlegable staff and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale and Tempe, ArizonaMay 22, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: healthcare
Basic retail/sales/customer service job within a specialized field. I learned a lot about customer service and the importance of developing and maintaining good rapport with customers and well as fellow staff and management. My favorite part of the job was developing customer relations and making suggestions based off of my own experiences which would – more... often result in happy, repeat customers. – less
fair, but ultimitly not much diffrent from any other retail job.
sale associate (Former Employee), Novato, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: frendly, and dillegent enviorent.
Cons: corporate mindset from the district managment and up.
most employees will spend much of their time on the register, checking ID's, and helping the customers. If there are other employees on hand, then the range of job duty extends to moving product to it's proper place, keeping the store presentable, and providing customers survive. (I spent most of my time on the register, often 5-6 hours at a time)

Bevmo – more... has all their employees educated about the product they sell, providing classes that the employees must attend to learn more about wine. (I attended a few of these classes)

My experience with management at Bevmo has for the most part be highly positive, with most of them skilled in managing the store, and communication with both employees and customers alike.

Similar to most other retail stores I've worked for, but with a far lower turnover rate for honest hardworking employees. Most of the people I've worked with there understood their job, and saw that their job was done right.

The hardest part of the job would have to be remaining customers as one provides friendly customer service. Being a store that mainly sells alcohol, so events often come up involving the customers legality in buying the product they want.

The store gets plenty of customers pass through, some are quite fun people, who love to share their knowledge about wine, beer, and sprites. Though most conversations are short, work hast to get done, it is often an enjoyable, and education moment with people who often return. – less
Good Place to Work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Clovis, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free promotions, education in products
Cons: short/no breaks
I enjoyed my time working at BevMo! You worked non-stop, either with customers, stocking shelves, or organizing the back stock. I did learn much about the processes about the different type of alcohol and their subsections.
It's a Blessing, but I want more.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pay is okay. Hours are so so. Management based off who you know. It's retail.
fast paced, cahsier.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMarch 4, 2014
A typical day would include my shift being at the register, helping customers find items, researching items on the computer, stocking, and cleaning.
I've learned organization skills here. It's hard to find things if you do not label them correctly it's difficult to relocate.
GREAT WORK PLACE
Customer Service/ Cashier/Sales Representative (Current Employee), cypress caFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great employee atmosphere
Cons: i'm only a part time employee
Bevmo allows you to help people give advise and learn something new everyday. I can ring on a register, place new product and send a customer away with a smile. I've learned how to manage my time to complete all task given to me. The hardest part about the job is being a part time employee. I always like when a return customer comes back with a favorable – more... response to your suggestions – less
You will hate every day at this job
Sales Asociate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: 10% discount on expensive booze
Cons: everything you can imagine
Management is very bad here, this company will hire you for sales associate but you will be stuck on register and literally have no help. This company has a high turnover rate for a big reason. This is a job where you have to play politics and be liked in order to have a comfortable working environment, which makes no sense because it is such a low – more... paying job including every human resource violation you can imagine happens at this store. They will change the schedule on your days off without notification and you will end up coming to work on days you were supposed to work and be sent home and will also be held responsible to come to work on any shifts that they designated on your day off without your notification. you will get hired a certain pay rate and after your first check it will be lower than what you were agreed upon. Some weeks they may work one or two days and usually on the busiest most stressful times and then you will have periods of four days off or more, there is no job security here, no benefits, no work life balance, and the job culture is compared to wall street where everyone will throw you under the bus in order to get a couple bread crumbs, it is just the way it is at the store. Lastly there is no open door policy at this store as the management will use any complaint against you and make your job harder, and to any ladies considering working here I have noticed management making sexual remarks and suggestions that can be deemed hostile. The application process is long and will take anywhere from 3 weeks to over a month before you get hired. – less
wine expert
Wine expert (Current Employee), Larkspur, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: wine tastings
Cons: part time hours
I am at my best when a customer needs some help with choosing wine for the event that they have planned.It gives me a good feeling of satisfaction that they are feeling that they got the best recommendation.

I cannot help myself when I see wine in the wrong place on the shelf and have to organize so my customers and fellow workers will have an easier – more... time on finding the wine.

I have learned that Leadership and management are two different skills. – less

1 2 3

About BevMo

About BevMo! We are the leading alcoholic beverage-lifestyle specialty retailer in the western United States and among the largest – Read more