BevMo Employee Reviews

Dangerous, Unprofessional, Bad Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
This was not a good job. The management is disgruntled, the associates don't care and don't show up, and the customers will be hostile and angry. Compensation is not good and there is no advancement opportunity.
Pros
Attendence not enforced
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work place
Front-end manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 6, 2017
Bevmo was a job that required you to be yourself but have basic knowledge or your wine and spirits. Most customers that would enter the building already having an idea of what they like, its just your job to get it for them or suggest something else if the product isn't available.
Fun place to work if you are looking to stay in the food and beverages industry
Wine Consultant/Tasting Captain/Interim Lead (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAJune 5, 2017
Most of the work consist of retail and customer service. You will work a register and assist customers with product inquiries. If one is interested in learning about the beverage industry; this is the place to learn. Weekly wine and beer tastings give staff a opportunity to expand their palates and knowledge. With the right management team one has the potential to really move up in the company. The challenging part of the job has to be dealing with difficult customers, but with patients and a level head the job is quite exciting.
Pros
learn about spirts, wine and craft beer
Cons
lack of leadership and communication when different managers are assigned
Average retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 31, 2017
Typical large retail chain. Always busy and not enough people to get the job done. Management was ok and coworkers were ok. Overall a decent place to work if you enjoy retail.
A terrible minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2017
You are never guaranteed more than three shifts a week. The pay isn't worth it. The discount is a measly 10% (which only covers tax) and they go through new employees every month.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
no health benefits, hardly any hours
Managing my time
Cashier/Stocking Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2017
Hello welcome to Bevmo it is a job that is fulfilling yet challenging. It was challenging because it was my second job and it was not easy for me to juggle both. I Had 5 hour days and the people I worked with got to know me yet not the whole me. I would work as a cashier and a stocker and got many people interested in different wines and beers.
Pros
Management was great and I got to know many different alcholic beverages
Cons
Co-workers didn't vibe with me, short breaks, food was scarce around there.
Enjoyable weekly promotional events with outside vendors teaching small classes.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 14, 2017
Daily cash handling, open and close store, restock the store, help with inventory and ordering.
Positive crew and a Pleasanton atmosphere.
The bad side, since most of the employees were part time and students, those of us with ambition and bills found ourselves picking up the slack.
Pros
Personal interactions with guests, comfortable hours
Cons
No room for advancment
Would not suggest to anyone
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2017
I started as a pt head clerk. I quickly moved up to store manager. In the 3.5 years I was there, I had 4 different district managers. The people that run this company have driven it into the ground. If you are part time you will only get maximum 25 hours per week (unless it's the holiday season, they expect you to work as many hours as possible with no holiday days off). A lot of these positive reviews were most likely written by a corporate goon. There is no shortage of those at this company.
Pros
Coworkers and customers
Cons
Everything else
this company was great
Sommelier< cashier (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 28, 2017
I loved working at BevMo It rocked the Management rocked. The work was fair, And i learned a lot about spirits, you know Booze,wine that stuff you are holding while scrolling through this resume.
Fun place to work if money is not a concern
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2017
You are never guaranteed more than three shifts a week. The pay is terrible. The discount is a measly 10% and they flip employees every month. It is never stagnant. They allow time off quite often because they tend to cut employees each week from the schedule due to the budget over spending for the week. You will never move up in the company even if you are there almost two years. If you have experience within the beverage industry it won't help you because the company will keep you at the register indefinitely. Theres wine tastings every friday where you can sip and spit and you get to fill holes in the shelves right before you close.
Pros
free merchandise from distributors
Cons
no breaks during 5 hour shifts
Bevmo
Sales Associate/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 20, 2017
Bevmo is a very fast paced work environment. I was a sales representative therefore, I would deal with placing orders on low stock items, checking in items, stocking, cashier, and keeping the store clean and tidy.
Pros
fun place to work in
Cons
little pay
Overall summary working at Bevmo!
Cashier /Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAApril 20, 2017
Beverages and More was my first job I have ever done, and it taught me a lot about being a team player, an open person for customer service, and growth of product knowledge. I learned basic money handling, inquiries from customers of a certain product they are wishing to purchase.Management has changed since the start I was working for the company, who wanted to improve and change major problems within store issues. The hardest part was maintaining satisfactory service, you can't always make some people happy unless working to go the extra mile with a customer. I enjoyed making and growing work relationships with my colleagues that helped grow a wok ethic and building a report with customers.
Pros
Learning the vast business of liquor distribution
Cons
Not enough benefits if you are more full time and a manager.
Fun business in a highly competitive environment
Senior Vice President, Stores (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 10, 2017
Fun business in a highly competitive environment. Great people in the stores who work hard trying to balance great customer service with product knowledge.
Great management, wonderful customers, great learning experience.
Interim Lead & Front End Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 29, 2017
The best thing about BevMo, as long as you enjoy learning, is the endless amounts of knowledge you receive as soon as you start. It's the ideal place for the alcohol enthusiast.
fun workplace and VERY flexible with hours!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 22, 2017
I used to work at BevMo in Orange for almost 7 months and it was a nice workplace for me, i had a manager who knows ASL and she would always talk to me in sign language.

I transferred to the one in Santa Clarita on Golden Valley recently and their workplace is just...AWFUL. The hours are awful, the managers are bad, never any customers...

i hope to work at the one in valencia.
Pros
Flexibilty, great customers, and you get to work for alcohol!
Cons
horrible hours after the holidays. maybe one or two days a week.
Not recommended if you like work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 22, 2017
If you are looking for a job with a chance to move forward this is not really the spot for you, especially if you want a work life balance. The way this company sets up the store manager and assistant manger schedule they work opposites of each other with very little(maybe 5 hours a week) of over lap, so any training you will get will be on you to train yourself. not to mention the part where the assistant manger will work the whole weekend every weekend, so if your looking for a place that gives you one weekend day off this is not the place for you. But the good is you have a lot of talented people who work for you, the bad is they normally don't stay long because of pay.
Pros
most of your customers are happy to be there, this makes things a little better being there all weekend.
Cons
No work life balance!!!!!!!!
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work includes stocking the store, helping customers out, and ringing customers up at the register. Management team was very friendly, understanding, and at the same time job oriented. The store needs to provide better training on its product.
Pros
Great management team to work for.
Cons
Not proficient training on product.
Productive, Fun Work
Head Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 14, 2017
It's fun, and it can provide excellent management and customer service skills. Very little opportunity for advancement as they hire from outside more than within, I'm grateful to have it for a stepping stone.
Pros
Fun, nice, caring customers; excellent coworkers
Cons
Raging, unruly customers; everyone leaves because promotions rarely happen
A job that was dedicated to a fun atmosphere and putting customers first
Assistant Store Manager/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 27, 2017
BevMo! is a job that focused on customer service first before anything else. They knew that customers were the focus and what kept the job going. Before, it was easy to move on and gave promotions to it's best associates. This is a job that gave you plenty of opportunity to move up and give you outside opportunities. I got to participate in wedding events, visual merchandising with corporate, and building new stores. At first, it was hard to develop my leadership style, but I had the support to help me discover that.
Good secure job for people who enjoy customer service and heavy lifting.
Head Clerk (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 22, 2017
This job is goal oriented and involves a lot of heavy lifting. If you are creative and enjoy merchandising this is also a good job for you. The management team is undergoing some changes but they are all positive. Product knowledge is a huge part of the job and it will take you a long way. Hardest part of the job is moving up in the company.
Pros
Product Knowledge
Cons
Difficult to get recognized in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BevMo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7