BevMo

BevMo United States Employee Reviews

Laid back, Fun
Floor Associate (Current Employee), Colma, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Limited hours for associates
Good place to work while going to school. Flexible work hours, and most managers are willing to work around student schedules.
Store Operations
Store Manager (Current Employee), Folsom, CAMarch 28, 2015
I run the day to day operations for the Bevmo in Folsom. I am in charge of all areas of the store from growing the business to hiring and training staff. I have been in the wine industry for seven years and love the fact that it is forever evolving. The hardest part of my job is combating with payroll restrictions and being able to execute all necessary agendas from corporate. I love my staff and my customers they are what really makes the job something I enjoy.
Fun seasonal position with friendly staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, flexible hours
Cons: not enough positions, didn't get to work their long enough
A typical day would be clocking in, grabbing a register and counting in. Next, (if I was opening) I would then go down aisles and re-stock shelves and make everything nice and orderly until the store opened. (If I had a later shift) the store we be busy so instead I would just clock-in count my till, and ring up customers. That part was actually fun because I got to talk to customers about the beer and wine and make suggestions based off of what they liked. Co-workers were probably the best part of the job. Very helpful and memorable,forgiving and patient. Everyone seemed to have good leadership. The hardest part of the job was probably turning down underage customers from buying alcohol, because I couldn't just straight up walk up to them tell them to leave without sure proof that they were underage. For example; If someone who looked underage walked up to the register with a bottle of tequila talking about how they were gonna later "party it up" I would then ask for their I.D. Otherwise if they were with someone at least 21 (asking whoever was paying for their I.D.) I couldn't ask the younger person. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a job because it was working around people I liked.
Enjoyable enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Petaluma, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: store discount, interest in products encouraged, free tastings
Cons: no possibility for full-time
My particular store is slow during the week so it can get a bit boring. It is enjoyable to talk with customers about product and help them with what they're looking for. There is a healthy balance of physical activity and inactivity. Co-workers and managers are accommodating and pleasant to be around.
Easy job
Cashier (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2015
Well I always worked in the morning so It never really got busy. Sometimes during lunch we would have a good rush of people but I mostly cleaned everything or restocked.
Out-dated work practices
many jobs (Former Employee), californiaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: minimum hours offered, time to have additional jobs
Cons: minimum pay
always under staffed,prices not competitive to nearby stores, corporate management out of touch with everyday policies and customer experiences and policies out dated, Hard to have fun and give the best customer service and help everyone who needs attention due to minimum hours allowed to staff. Women/ girls must wear over-sized sloppy shirts ( mens polo) and light colored pants that are always stained at the knees so employees always look "dirty". No possibility of adding "fun" to customer base by not allowing employees to dress and/or wear holiday and special event attire. Example; football jersey during the season, baseball jerseys during the season, christmas, halloween, st. patricks day not to mention local community events to show support to the customers who, by the way LOVE to see employees excited to join in the festivities celebrated by the customers. This place is not as "fun" as others stated. I worked for the company 10+ years and it never got any better. prices kept going up, staffing and pay did not reflect in the appreciation of great customer service. if you want a great store then spend the money to ensure this instead of driving customers away to big box stores, groceriy and competitors Wow! you have 100 + stores but it doesn't reflect in the atmosphere and service.
Review of BevMo
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free tastings if you were off the clock
Cons: not enough hours
BevMo was a fun company to work for, they couldn't give you many hours because they were a newer store and still didn't have a regular crowd coming in. I learned a lot about the winery and brewery business and culture, along with event planning, which we also specialized in. My co-workers were all older than me, so they were intriguing to talk to and listen to some of the stories they had to share. My manager, Alejandro, was a great teacher and really believed in us as him team and in the company. He moved to a new store in the bay area so it saddens me that he is no longer with the store I was at, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge you developed about the products and learning about the industry.
Good place to work overall.
SALES CLERK (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAFebruary 10, 2015
A lot of room for advancement, good staff, very nice district manager, and you gain a lot of knowledge and experience. A good place to work if you want to entertain people at a party.
fun but boring
Chashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), fairfield caJanuary 23, 2015
typical day starts facing all the products on the shelves and working at the register. boring and slow.
Fun place to work
Head clerk (Current Employee), Lodi, CADecember 11, 2014
BevMo is a really fun place to work. If you're looking to advance in your career there are opportunities available. The training is lacking for advancement in certain positions and areas of the company. I enjoy the clientele that shop our store and coworkers are happy and enjoy their job.
Compared to other places I've worked, its lacking. There are benefits available only to assistant managers and higher, no holiday pay, no vacation accrual, no sick time. Its the perfect job for an extra income or college student.
BevMo!
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Danville, CANovember 3, 2014
I left this job because is it not the company it once was. The fun aspect was long ago trimmed from the job experience in exchange for frequent Merch Calendar changes, and endless price tag hanging.
Job should be labeled Shipping Manager !
Concerned Customer (Former Employee), Somewhere over the RainbowOctober 20, 2014
Pros: plenty of beer :/
Cons: low wages, unskilled management, very boring.
This does not sound like a great place to work, pay is very low for the work load. Sound like Management is run by snobby kids who are looking for admiration and want to be Idolized. There is Differently plenty of room for improvement in this place.
Mostly fun Employees, Mostly fun customers, and great way to learn about wine/spirits.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZ/Burbank, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free wine tastings, making friends
Cons: understaffed 75% of the time.
A normal day would begin by often unloading top stock of still packaged bottles, followed by (on weekends) going over inventory and making sure the counts all added up. When the store opens, it would be time to either work the floor and assist customers while also doing an assigned task between customers. If working as cashier, there is also additional tasks assigned, such as stocking, or building displays near the front. Although as cashier, you interact with every customer for each transaction, so the sub-taks would tend to be a bit simpler and always at the front of the store, within eyesight of the doors.

Co-Workers for the most part were always helpful and friendly, al though after multiple years, and decent turnaround, not everyone was ideal. Still, no major issues, as managers seemed to do fairly well hiring the right people.

The hardest part of the job by far is dealing with being chronically understaffed. A problem at both locations (Arizona and California) I worked at. I feel at any given time, there are usually two customers who need personal help, and there needs to be one person available who stays upfront to watch for theft, and to serve as cashier. Which leaves three people needed at all times. Often only having two people proves tough, especially on busy nights when there could be 5-7 customers who need personal help. It can be mentally difficult to juggle 5 people requesting different things from you in the span of two minutes.

The most enjoyable was meeting and interacting with customers when there was time to do so. It's nice to get to know people, converse about the different things you both like, and even sometimes make lasting personal friends from customers.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fun coustimers
Cons: not enough hrs.
very fun place. lots of good people and staff. Great! wine tasting and beer tasting.
It was good when real management ran the business
Store manager (Former Employee), CaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nothing oh wait the customers maybe
Cons: management is horrible
It's all about cut throat and being part of the drinking club. The culture has gone out the door. You are a number not a person would not recommend this job to anyone. So sad Bevmo never will shop here again
Fun enviroment to work in but poor and empty advancement opportunites
Associate (Current Employee), La Mesa, CASeptember 20, 2014
Cons: only 1 10min break per 4 hour shift. unless getting full shift
Cashiering, selling, helping customers find products they need.

WineMo is awesome, its the first glass you get to take to advance
your knowledge of wine.

management can be hot headed and or lazy

co workers are always upbeat

hardest part of job is asking every customer for I.D.

Most enjoyable part of job is learning something new everyday
A good second job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed retail environment, free tastings of beverages, free swag, flexible hours
Cons: very few hours a week, poor pay, little to no chance of raises
This is not a job you can depend on. It's a job to make a little extra cash on the side. You will make minimum wage and depending on the store, minimum hours (4 - 20). Most stores have nice relaxed employees and managers who are willing to work with your short schedule and treat you fairly. They stand up for the employees and do not tolerate rude, abusive customers.
Good co-workers, good side job, not a "career"-type of place
Store Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, generally nice customers, flexible
Cons: minimum wage, no benefits, part time only
I worked for the BevMo in Elk Grove (off East Stockton Blvd).

The job itself was not hard, most of the "work" as register/cashier. At times you would perform other tasks like stocking, cleaning, etc.

There were usually 3-4 people per shift: One checker, one of the sales floor, and one manager, and occasionally another person helping out around.

It was exclusively part time, majority of people would only get between 12-20 hrs per week (which consisted mostly of 4 hr shifts) unless you were a manager or you "endured" yourself for lack of a better term. Saying that, don't expect much, you don't get benefits or anything unless you are a manager (full time). The one upside is that at my store they were flexible with schedules. If you had school or another job they were flexible to that.

The job in itself was rather slow. The majority of the clientele was older (over 55). There would be times where there would be no people for close to an hour.

Pay is minimum wage.

The management was very cool. They helped you whenever you asked as did the more experienced co-workers.

All that together, I would say this is NOT a career job unless you really like it. If you're in your 20's or 30's and want to make a little extra money on the side then this is for you. It's a good flexible second job but after that.....that's pretty much it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Conaga park caJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed working with everyone that i worked with easy to get along with and the management was a lot of help and learning all the different kinda of wines and beers and liquor there is was the hardest park of the job
Non productive, unchallenging.
Sales Associate / Wine Consultant (Current Employee), El Centro, CAJuly 17, 2014
Cons: everything.
People are not rewarded do to merit but on how well they can kiss the store managers butt. If your a hot chick that he wants to flirt with, then you'll get the job and more hours then those who work hard and are passionate about what they do.

1 2 3 4

About BevMo

About BevMo! We are the leading alcoholic beverage-lifestyle specialty retailer in the western United States and among the largest – Read more

BevMo Salaries