Essential Functions: Under general direction, responsible for scheduling and monitoring court calendar and master, daily and special dockets; prepares Court correspondence and official notifications; answers questions regarding court cases and procedures; coordinates case transfers; and performs related duties as require.
1. Schedules and monitors Court case calendar and master, daily and special dockets.
2. Answers questions regarding Court cases and procedures for defendants, attorneys, bondsman and general public.
3. Prepares documents for court proceedings such as court orders, mechanics of notice and memos.
4. Prepares memos and other correspondence for Judge.
5. Determines defendant eligibility for court appointed representation and appoints attorney.
6. Coordinates case transfers to other courts.
7. Maintains schedules, statistical data and records for judges and attorneys;
8. Performs related duties as required.
9. Court management of court and clerks.
10. Screens and selects cases for prisoner's docket and notifies jail and attorneys of defendant's scheduled court date.
Job responsibilities include constant handling of confidential material such as prisoner docket information. Trial management. Gate keeper to the judge.