Bexar County Employee Reviews

Elections office
Election Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
The department was growing and moving into a more technologically based voting system. It was a hard place to work with all the internal politics and warring fiefdoms. I worked hard and minded my business.
The job wasn't too bad
Vehicle Processor I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I processed vehicle registrations and performed vehicle title transfers. The Job was okay on an average day but when it got busy, we were non-stop.
Pros
great insurance
office space
Probate Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
It was your typical Monday - Friday, 8-5 job. It was monotonous, same work everyday, with slight variation of stations. I learned patience with the court system. Coworkers were great. Management was ok - direct management was fine, higher up, well it's politics. The hardest part was the monotony, the most enjoyable was predictability.
Pros
set days, set hours
Cons
set days, set hours
Great Place
Court Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2014
Essential Functions: Under general direction, responsible for scheduling and monitoring court calendar and master, daily and special dockets; prepares Court correspondence and official notifications; answers questions regarding court cases and procedures; coordinates case transfers; and performs related duties as require.
1. Schedules and monitors Court case calendar and master, daily and special dockets.
2. Answers questions regarding Court cases and procedures for defendants, attorneys, bondsman and general public.
3. Prepares documents for court proceedings such as court orders, mechanics of notice and memos.
4. Prepares memos and other correspondence for Judge.
5. Determines defendant eligibility for court appointed representation and appoints attorney.
6. Coordinates case transfers to other courts.
7. Maintains schedules, statistical data and records for judges and attorneys;
8. Performs related duties as required.
9. Court management of court and clerks.
10. Screens and selects cases for prisoner's docket and notifies jail and attorneys of defendant's scheduled court date.

Job responsibilities include constant handling of confidential material such as prisoner docket information. Trial management. Gate keeper to the judge.
Pros
excellent benefits
Bexar Couty
Technical II Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Great place to work! Day in day out the job can be steady, or fast.
Professional Environment and family oriented workplace
Beneficiary Services Representative (PEBLO) (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXAugust 14, 2014
A typical day at work for me involves me working with active, reserve duty members of the military. I help coordinate with the transitioning process for being Medically Discharged from the military. I aslo monitor the RTD (Return to Duty) members that have conditions that allow them to return to there specific job duty.
In my experience at Lackland AFB I have learned that I have to show compassion while handling the process of what could be the end of person career. Meaning.. dealing with members who have lost limbs, members that hall terminal illnesses. I have learned to also have a much greater respect level for those who sacrifice there life and time away from families to serve our country.
Mu management throughout my whole career working with the Air Force has been AMAZING.. I have been offered positions not only based on my skills, but my professional work ethics, and being a people person.
My co-workers have all become family. They have been nothing but supportive to me and my transition to Texas. They are all team players, and make sure everyone in my office is up on the latest trainings or any education that will increase our job performance.
The hardest part of my job is the emotions you deal with. (ex.) Having to explain to a member that has lost a limb, that there arent getting the percentage of benefits that they think they should have or better yet deserve. In my past most members have been able to get what they need, The ultimate thing is having to brief a member about there benefits who is already facing the fact they they have a terminal illness.
I love everything
  more... about my job! Especially my co-workers.. Its rewarding to me to help the military members find there way outside of the military. I deal with members who are right out of high school. Being away from family is hard, when your on your Journey alone. I like to say they come to me sometimes just to have a motherly figure conversation, or maybe a home cooked meal.. Either way my door is always open.  less
Pros
great environment and growth in job opportunities
Cons
no over time
A happy work place usually results in positive results.
Procurement Data Analyst/Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2014
On Monday I begin by going over the list from the previous week, setting priorities. I review the progress of existing projects, then check the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming week. I want to make sure, as much as possible, that I can dedicate to tasks that move projects forward, so I make habits out of organizational tasks for speed. I've learned that my experience has made me a strong and professional person. Management has the ability to bring out the best in not just themselves, but in others around them. My co-workers are great team players. There was nothing in my prior position that I found overly difficult. To me the most satisfying about my job is it gives me flexibility. I support companies which give the option to be flexible (not abusing it), and have the trust that the employee can get the job done.
Pros
health benefits, free lunches on holidays, etc.
Cons
i really don't have any.
Pay is low
Tax Processor (Current Employee) –  Tax Assessors OfficeJune 25, 2013
A typical day at work is helping tax payers that are either deinquent on their taxes or would like to create an escrow account. I have learned extremely about property taxes and the legal process. A few of my co workers are awesome, but some like to gossip. (Gossip is horrible at this place). The toughest part of my job is the low pay. The most enjoyable part is the schedule M-F.
Pros
time off and holiday time is great
Cons
low pay
Political organization
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2012
more window dressing than working. people worked hard to not accomplish things.
Pros
great benefits, lots of holidays
Cons
political, non accountable
Civil service good but very political
Criminal Assignments Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2012
At least with the District Clerk's office, the job was good (I enjoyed what I did). Pay was not very good and you are definitely micromanaged. If you are a court clerk, it is difficult to take any of your vacation or sick time because they are understaffed, underpaid, and overworked.