Beyond.com Employee Reviews

Has potential but terribly mismanaged
Director of Enterprise Sales (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 12, 2015
As with any company with poor management skills, you always hope for the best but the bad seems to raise to the top. It's unfortunate.

A good concept, good people, poor execution.
Real math and expectations do not exist here. Management expects 300+% growth year over year with zero marketing or brand recognition. There is lots of passion but it ends up falling flat all the time due to refusal of reality.
awesome
Regional Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
Beyond.com is The Career Network, focused on helping people grow and succeed professionally. By connecting job seekers and employers through 75 unique career channels and more than 1,000 industry and regional communities, we are changing the way job searching is done and helping people build relationships around the world. Through powerful communication tools and a personalized online Career Portfolio, members have a 24/7 online presence and access to job search functions, networking features, statistics and social and industry research.

In my role at Beyond, I serve as a consultant to prospective clients by recommending solutions to address customized cutting-edge recruitment solutions by leveraging the Beyond.com Career Network. My goal is to help each customer attract quality candidates through customer service and ROI friendly programs designed to meet individual need.
A favorite job with fun people. So sad when the .com crashed. :(
Producer - Website (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 20, 2013
-Review the website government section and current project list
-Create meeting agendas for the team to be on the same page re our projects
-Manage meetings to remind, find out accomplishments from people, what we need to meet our project goals, announce and roll out to live our current projects
-Time management is very important in this job, people and their personalities are all different, it takes a certain kind of person to complete a certain type of job, we all make the world go round, everyone is important to complete the circle of completing a project.
-The hardest part of my job is that I am a self starter, perfectionist, it was most difficult to not expect the same in others because some people are not that way. They need interaction from me to encourage them to complete projects and how to do that working with a team.
-I enjoyed the success of completed projects and the artistic changes we made to the website. It was fun to produce and then see our teamwork live to the world.
-My favorite part was working with the creative team. I felt lucky that I got to work with the Creative Director, graphic designers, and web designers on a daily basis.
Pros
working with the creative team, being involved in decisions for the website, managing the meetings, managing the projects
Cons
when people were, not a good fit for the team, when our ideas, that we were so excited about, could not technically be created or there was not budget for them.
It's been a great experience.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 16, 2012
After many years working here, I'm grateful for the experience I've gained and the opportunities I've been given. Its a great group of people to work with, and executive management truly cares about the employees.